Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Am I the only one certain Jack does, in fact, take the lead in their personal life? I see him as far too much of an Alpha-male type to do anything else.. and I think that's part of why Sam's attracted to him (see Broca Divide.. I don't think her choosing him was simply the virus). It's also - while it might not look like it initially - a reverse of their non-intimate life where, except in rare instances when he 'pulls rank', generally he actually follows her lead.

I think part of the reason they had trouble, going all the way back to D&C, was because Sam *was* waiting for Jack to take the lead and he - almost blatantly - continually refused the role. In fact, her standing there on his deck in Threads was, really, almost her *asking* him to step forward and take that position - her admission she didn't know what to do and she *needed* him to help her find their way. Basically, it was her attempting to put him in charge - I mean, she was asking one man what she should do about her engagement to another, effectively. If she'd wanted to take charge in their relationship, she'd have stormed in there and *told* him what she wanted and what he should do.

And, ultimately, it was Jack who finally took the lead and went in to her as Jacob was dying, who told her to 'c'mere' and put his arms around her. That may have been the first time he (finally) took the lead, but I don't think it was the last.

I'd argue, even, that one of the things that was out of place between her and Pete was that he didn't take charge (and no, buying a house is the wrong kind of 'taking charge') but idolized her and put her on a pedestal. And her otherwise generally ending up with assertive and/or powerful men tends to support, I think, that that was what she was looking for. She'd just chosen poorly in the past, because there's a fine line between 'taking the lead' and 'control freak'.
    I agree with everything you say here.
    *blinks*
    Did I just say that out loud?
    It must be the shiny new forum design!

Comment

*Looks to the side* What the heck happened to my avatar!?!?!?
      This will take a while to get used to... and I would like my profile colors back

Anywho
      + =
      Ahh, I feel better now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I admit, i do see them as an active couple. Perhaps they could both retire to one of the reknowned active adult communities here in Arizona.

And the funny thing is, I wrote the line with something completely different in mind. Didn't figure it out until the first review, and then I went--Uh-oh.

And of course Sam wears the pants--and Jack would look silly in a skirt.

Can't wait until Valenship! Sounds fun!
        yeah....guess Sam and Jack share the pants equally.....that didn't come out right.....

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I totally took this in a very dirty, dirty direction. I need to go to bed, I'm helpless against the gutter
        *mwahaahahaha!*.......got you my pretty...and your little dog too....

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        ugh....I HATE Valentines day *skulks off to the cavern*

Ooh a quiz *clears throat* My results
        Impatient little bugger moi *adjusts halo*

Sam/Jack shipper

Ultimate Sam/Jack shipper
        Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        I've never thought of Sam as taking the lead (unless they're being a little kinky while fishing). I don't know about anyone else, but I know as a strong willed woman I find a great sense of peace at my own husband "taking care of me". It's not about control (as you mentioned Jenn, there's a difference between a control freak and taking the lead) - it's about having someone finally say "it's okay, relax" - giving permission so to speak.

Personal example
        Spoiler:
        When my husband was in school I was working full time and we had our son. I went back to work after six weeks and was trying to pump and breastfeed. I felt like if I didn't I was a failure. Elijah, seeing my frustration and exhaustion finally just said one evening "You know, I think we should just switch to formula. I don't want you to stress anymore." And suddenly the weight was lifted from my shoulders. My husband's affirmation that I was more important than some ideal helped me let go

Jonas was a control freak. Pete followed rather than led. Yes, he bought the house without talking to her, but he bought it with her specifications. What about what Pete wanted? No talk of a man cave? Jack on the other hand insists on bringing her into his world - let's go fishing.

I hate Valentine's Day too - Valenship day however... what a great chance to write some ANGST
        oh you both love Valentines day and you know it....you know you love getting showered with enough sappiness to choke a horse.....

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Not.Liking.New.Forum.Design.

Can't.Find.Anything.

me neither....I tried searching for my last post here by using the search tool with my username and it keeps saying it can't find any of my posts....

guess I'm an Orwellian "unperson"...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Not.Liking.New.Forum.Design.

Agreed. Meh.

Jennifer - agree with your post about Jack taking the lead. ")
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            Ok...I'm still shocked...but I've just seen that there is the possibility to embed video...or isn't it a new thing?
            Oooohh! Cool! Yes that is new!!! Woohooo! Let me be the first:
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Am I the only one certain Jack does, in fact, take the lead in their personal life? I see him as far too much of an Alpha-male type to do anything else.. and I think that's part of why Sam's attracted to him (see Broca Divide.. I don't think her choosing him was simply the virus). It's also - while it might not look like it initially - a reverse of their non-intimate life where, except in rare instances when he 'pulls rank', generally he actually follows her lead.

I think part of the reason they had trouble, going all the way back to D&C, was because Sam *was* waiting for Jack to take the lead and he - almost blatantly - continually refused the role. In fact, her standing there on his deck in Threads was, really, almost her *asking* him to step forward and take that position - her admission she didn't know what to do and she *needed* him to help her find their way. Basically, it was her attempting to put him in charge - I mean, she was asking one man what she should do about her engagement to another, effectively. If she'd wanted to take charge in their relationship, she'd have stormed in there and *told* him what she wanted and what he should do.

And, ultimately, it was Jack who finally took the lead and went in to her as Jacob was dying, who told her to 'c'mere' and put his arms around her. That may have been the first time he (finally) took the lead, but I don't think it was the last.

I'd argue, even, that one of the things that was out of place between her and Pete was that he didn't take charge (and no, buying a house is the wrong kind of 'taking charge') but idolized her and put her on a pedestal. And her otherwise generally ending up with assertive and/or powerful men tends to support, I think, that that was what she was looking for. She'd just chosen poorly in the past, because there's a fine line between 'taking the lead' and 'control freak'.
              Nope, not the only one I think you're right, and Jack's refusal to lead is as much part of the reason it takes them so long to sort themselves out as is Sam's fear - in fact, it's really the manifestation of Jack's fear. I think that perhaps because he is in the dominant position as perceived from the outside (while entirely taking your point that actually, professionally, he does let Sam lead an awful lot of the time), he is worried about being inappropriate - the idea of coercion etc. And this really holds him back.

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (6)
              Saturday, February 13 (10)
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                oh you both love Valentines day and you know it....you know you love getting showered with enough sappiness to choke a horse.....
                oh yeah...It's like my worst nightmare

I have my special siggie alllllll ready for pukingsday Valentines day

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  Oooohh! Cool! Yes that is new!!! Woohooo! Let me be the first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huHa2coKRvE
                  *isn't sure how to remove tags*

Now THAT is cool!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by egle01 View Post
                    *isn't sure how to remove tags*

now that is cool! :d:d
                    It is it is!
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

in the words of Cam Mitchell "Yeah Man, This Is Cool"

Comment

I.am.so.confused
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          Nope, not the only one I think you're right, and Jack's refusal to lead is as much part of the reason it takes them so long to sort themselves out as is Sam's fear - in fact, it's really the manifestation of Jack's fear. I think that perhaps because he is in the dominant position as perceived from the outside (while entirely taking your point that actually, professionally, he does let Sam lead an awful lot of the time), he is worried about being inappropriate - the idea of coercion etc. And this really holds him back.
                          I do think it was more his fear Though I agree he did need to wait for her before doing something overt for that reason. Which means, really, in Threads, it *had* to be Sam to make the first move. Which she did.. but in a way that interestingly still allowed him to ultimately retain 'the lead' in going to her in the infirmary. And that's why, really, the way it played out was probably best - Sam pretty much gave Jack the green light, letting him know she still loved him and wanted him and then, thanks to Kerry, he was still in a position to be the one to make the final choice and - even without the pressure of her standing there in front of him, totally of his own free will - make the decision to go into her and answer her unspoken question. I often think there ultimate relationship was stronger because it played out just this way.

EDIT: And if I'm seeing correctly, they've already edited the new forum software to decrease the amount of white space all over the place.
                          Last edited by JenniferJF; 18 January 2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            I'm too old for this kids. You reach a certain age and you don't like change ( because it usually means a new ailment or more hair falling out)
                            Me no likey at the moment... But I'll admit I do like it that it is cool that you can quote and still stay on the same page.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I am SOOOO beyond confused! I had nearly gotten not terrified of the old one!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                                Oooohh! Cool! Yes that is new!!! Woohooo! Let me be the first:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huHa2coKRvE
                                That is beyond awesome. And I'm happy to see that our icons aren't messed up, woot!

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (6)
                                Saturday, February 13 (11)

I also agree with the idea of Jack taking the lead...but sometimes I think he meets her halfway too. Like with the heroes hug and even Threads, she comes to his room and she comes to his house.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X