Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    It seems there is a limited pool of names from which they may pick. Jonas, Jonah, Jonas... Simmons, Simmons...

But only one Sam and Jack that are so married
    Sara O'Neill, Sarah Gardner, Lieutenant Rush, Doctor Rush . . .
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

It seems there is a limited pool of names from which they may pick. Jonas, Jonah, Jonas... Simmons, Simmons...

But only one Sam and Jack that are so married
      Well....

There's a limited number of names which they can spell without resorting to the Bible in the hotel room dresser. And people might start getting wise to that trick any time now...

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Colonel Simmons is dead (Episode "Prometheus" I believe)

Lieutenant Simmons (from "Message in a Bottle") is not.
        Correct.

Colonel Frank Simmons (nasty NID guy) died in "Prometheus", Season 6.

Lt. Graham Simmons in "Message in a Bottle" and "A Matter of Time" is still alive. He's the cute young guy that had a crush on Sam in those two episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Correct.

Lt. Graham Simmons in "Message in a Bottle" and "A Matter of Time" is still alive. He's the cute young guy that had a crush on Sam in those two episodes.
          I thought Lt. Graham Simmons died of some virus that invaded the SGC...and it was very sad. However, I can't remember the ep in which I think this happened!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Correct.

LOL, but even he may have gotten a small dose of Carter's "Black-Widow Curse". After all, he got sick from the orb right after Daniel pointed out his crush to Sam.
            sigpic
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Colonel Simmons is dead (Episode "Prometheus" I believe)

Lieutenant Simmons (from "Message in a Bottle") is not.
              I knew it. Just looked at him on the Omnipedia. (That name is kinda hard to spell!)

YAY FOR VALENSHIP DAY!!!!! WHOOOO!
              Anywho, I might be able to make some art this time... maybe. If I can get a program that works!
              But I will have fic, and maybe a vid, but I wouldn't count on it. Youtube is giving me a tough time.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                I thought Lt. Graham Simmons died of some virus that invaded the SGC...and it was very sad. However, I can't remember the ep in which I think this happened!
                Nope. He *almost* died in Message in a Bottle cause he was allergic to tetracycline so couldn't take that to fend off the infection, which was very sad. We last saw him, however, alive and well in Redemption 1.

All this is according to the Stargate Omnipedia, of course, but it matches my own memories, and I've recently studied both eps in question for Being There. Though if you can't trust the Omnipedia... Well.. You might as well DIE.

/jennifer needs to go to bed about 10 minutes ago.

Comment

Nope! He made it.

From the Gateworld Omnipedia:
                  Simmons has also assisted in the S.G.C.'s initial mission analysis of various items brought back through the gate. Proximity to one of these devices, an alien Orb, infected him and the rest of the base with an alien pathogen. Others were given tetracycline to stop the growth of the virus -- but Simmons is allergic to it, and lay untreated. This threatened his life, but he managed to survive the experience.
                  Edit: Too slow!
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, thanks, gals. My memory was faulty on this one...thank goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Yeah. She does seem to have a thing for control freaks. You should see the guy she's with now. He keeps insisting she call him 'sir' in public.

Actually...

Sometimes he insists on 'sir' in private too.

You probably didn't need to know that, though, did you?
                      i think i read a fic or two with that idea... and jack *liked* it.... ~feels drooly and other naughties~

i have a feeling that sam would be wearing the pants in this relationship, and jack would be enjoying it every step of the way!!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

That was 'Message in a Bottle' and he didn't die, because he showed up again a few episodes later in "A Matter of Time", and then again in "The Fifth Race", "Serpent's Song", and part 1 of "Redemption". The virus was part of the sphere SG1 brought back in MIAB, and which then pinned Jack to the wall in the gate room. Simmons did wind up in the infirmary, very sick from the virus, but he survived.
                        Last edited by hedwig; 17 January 2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i think i read a fic or two with that idea... and jack *liked* it.... ~feels drooly and other naughties~

i have a feeling that sam would be wearing the pants in this relationship, and jack would be enjoying it every step of the way!!
                          I really can't disagree.
                          sigpic

Comment

Gutter:
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm sure that Sam has *no* problem with that bit of control. In fact... I'm pretty sure there's a few times Jack's found himself demoted...

Comment

Congratulations, JenniferJF, on 6,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, mad gater, on 6,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, Twilight506, on 2,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, SamJackShipper93, on 2,100 posts!!!

Comment

Congratulations, JenniferJF, on 6,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, mad gater, on 6,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, Twilight506, on 2,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, SamJackShipper93, on 2,100 posts!!!
                                Thanks and congrats to everyone else as well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X