Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
    I see Ba'al! Those watching '24' will see Ba'al
    Wait? Who? Did I miss him?? :: is so lost :: WHERE'S CLIFF SIMON???

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I hate that. Everytime I watch that ep I find myself yelling at the TV, "Try a different planet!" If I were Sam, I'd feel so guilty after being told that both she and Jack almost died because of a little detail like that.
    Originally posted by cess525 View Post
    I have always hated that about the episode. There are other planets they should have tried. At least they started trying other planets when things weren't working on the gate after that (think WoO).
    We'll chalk it up to Sam's brain being frozen and the fact that she secretly wanted to handle Jack's sidearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      Wait? Who? Did I miss him?? :: is so lost :: WHERE'S CLIFF SIMON???
      On the season premiere of the show "24".
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        On the season premiere of the show "24".
        LOL I *know* that. I'm watching it, but I think I must have been in the kitchen or something and missed him. Which character??

EDIT: Oh wait, I think that was him that just... well... you know

Comment

LOL I *know* that. I'm watching it, but I think I must have been in the kitchen or something and missed him. Which character??

EDIT: Oh wait, I think that was him that just... well... you know
          LOL, yep. That'd be him!
          sigpic
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

sigpic

Comment

When do you get to customize your avatar and choose other than what Gateworld has to offer? I have been playing around again and made one using my new sig.

I am beginning to have a lot of fun with this. BTW, what size is a wallpaper?
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                When do you get to customize your avatar and choose other than what Gateworld has to offer? I have been playing around again and made one using my new sig.

2000 posts. Then you get your avatar grasshopper

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Cool icon! It will go well with your new sig... and you'll be able to use it when you reach 2000 posts! Which should pass in no time

A wallpaper can be... 1024/768 or 1280/1024 or 1280/960 or 1920/1280 or... you get the picture, though I think the most common size is the first one.
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

2000 posts. Then you get your avatar grasshopper
                    Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                    Cool icon! It will go well with your new sig... and you'll be able to use it when you reach 2000 posts! Which should pass in no time

A wallpaper can be... 1024/768 or 1280/1024 or 1280/960 or 1920/1280 or... you get the picture, though I think the most common size is the first one.
                    Are you kidding me, 2000 posts?! I will never get there. D'oh! I guess that will give me plenty of time to fine tune my skills, what little I have.

How about if I write one word posts about Jack and Sam until I reach 2,000. Nobody would be frustrated about that would they?
                    sigpic

Comment

<lazy snip>

Spoiler:

Yes, I'm in therapy now. No, I'm not kidding. LOL (You may enjoy the book "Third Culture Kid" - when I read this book I suddenly didn't feel so alone anymore) - also feel free to PM me if you need to. It's not easy to be as mobile and nomadic as we are

<another snip>
                      Spoiler:
                      Really? I'm in therapy! Not joking. Well it's not exactly therapy, more like a friend, you know? Someone I can talk to.
                      He said I have "Adjustment Problems." do to the move. *Sighs* I think it's my sis, but don't tell her I said that, or she'll probably kill me. And she won't find out unless you tell her, cuz, let's just say you won't be seeing her on this thread... ever. Even when she is old enough to register. Sigh. Siblings.

Something else that occurred to me - why in "Solitudes" did Sam not try another address??
                      I think I heard it explained somewhere as being "Dialing Earth would be her first instinct, getting home was more importent then anything else." Besides, how was she supposed to know - or even consider- a second gate on Earth?
                      sigpic

Comment

So...it's just under a month until Valentine's Day. If everyone's ready, we could pick a date for Valenship!!!

I'm happy to organize again, if that's ok with everyone. If not, please let me know.

We'll also need a volunteer to make the artwork...and we'll have to pick a date.

Checking my calendar...it looks like there are two February dates that would be appropriate:

Saturday, February 6 (1)
                        Saturday, February 13

I'm casting my vote with this post.

Ready to vote? Go ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Really? I'm in therapy! Not joking. Well it's not exactly therapy, more like a friend, you know? Someone I can talk to.
                          He said I have "Adjustment Problems." do to the move. *Sighs* I think it's my sis, but don't tell her I said that, or she'll probably kill me. And she won't find out unless you tell her, cuz, let's just say you won't be seeing her on this thread... ever. Even when she is old enough to register. Sigh. Siblings.
                          Spoiler:
                          No worries, I won't be hunting down your sister LOL. I see a psychologist and we're also trying to find some proper medications. It's a long, long story (I *am* 27 LOL) - like I said though, if you need someone to talk to, you can PM me. I have a lot of experience.

I think I heard it explained somewhere as being "Dialing Earth would be her first instinct, getting home was more importent then anything else." Besides, how was she supposed to know - or even consider- a second gate on Earth?
                          You're right that it would be her first instinct but not to even consider that something had happened to the Earth gate? I mean SOP should be to try another planet before assuming the gate is broken. That's just problem solving... LOL Like I said, I'll say her brain was frozen.

Comment

Still waiting for Sanctuary to download so here you go... a link to my fic cuz it's M - but it's all in canon.

My Fic Titled: Thin Cotton Pants
                            Loved this! You made the scene a lot more shippier. I am going to giggle everytime I see that episode now.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            Happy to get blamed for that!

Oh and fic rec!

Bicycles After Dinner by oh look! AkamaiMom, Good job!
                            Very cute, exactly how I would picture it.
                            sigpic

Comment

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (1)
                              Saturday, February 13 (1)

Anyone good at prompts?? Maybe we could have a theme? I'm bad at that sort of thing

Comment

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (1)
                                Saturday, February 13 (2)

Anyone good at prompts?? Maybe we could have a theme? I'm bad at that sort of thing
                                Hmm, I'm writing a fic that has names drawn from a hat. And that is all I'm gonna say about it.

As for prompts....
                                Uh, pink, chocolate, and forever love.
                                That's all I got right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X