Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    #1 - Finis all the way
    -- this one was hilarious because of course, I started watching the show when it was on DVD so OF COURSE I'd want it at the end. LOL

#2 - J/S shipper
    --- Well duh.

#3 Ultimate shipper
    --- slightly scary that I knew all the answers with no hesitation. In fact, I thought the quiz was really easy. I was like, wait, what about... but... this could have been far more complicated.
    LOL, ditto. It was *way* to easy. If only I could pass my Calculus tests with such ease!

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
    Look what I've just found :

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1263746988

Whatever he's looking at, must be very interesting! ( i've got some ideas ) This intense look is hypnotizing! I could stare at the pic all day long
    Yummy picture. *stares* Where did you find that?

I really enjoyed 100 Days (hey, I didn't think Laira was all that bad.. :: waits for the beatings to start :: ). I think it speaks a lot to who Jack is as a person as well as opening up Sam to her own feelings regarding him. So much angst it's amazing. I wrote a fic where Sam was stranded on Edora with Jack but you need to wait about five years before you can read it LOL
    Oh, "100 Days". I don't love it. I don't hate it. It happened. It's not nearly as hard for me to watch as "Chimera", and I honestly can't blame Laira for what she did (though I still think she should have waited until he was sober. ). Though I have to admit, I think that the barn celebration scene is so charming.

I like that they touched on Sam's feelings on the situation, though I feel that even more screen time should have been devoted to Sam's hard work back on Earth (I mean, she rewrote the laws of physics, for cryin' out loud! )

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Plus, as I'm thinking about it - didn't Laira keep her late husband's clothing? She didn't throw any of that stuff away. I'm pretty sure she gave some of it to Jack to wear at one point. So if she didn't have to throw away stuff that reminded her of her own past, then why should Jack have to get rid of stuff that was a reminder of his past?
    Wondering the exact same thing.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i've actually tried to think about 'why' it's easier for me to see jack/other too. i *think*, b/c like you, *i'm* sam in these eps... but i guess i can handle him straying more than sam, b/c i could never do that to him myself.
    I also agree with the bit about placing myself in Sam's position, becoming that character, but I also think that it has a lot to do with who the others were. We've all critized the stalkers/creepers/controlling maniacs that Sam's had to deal with while, honestly, I think that Jack's had a pretty good track record.

Sara was a wonderful, down-to-earth, mother/wife. I still feel that beneath the surface, Laira was really trying to help Jack accept his new life. Kynthia was naive, and didn't realize that Jack didn't understand what their customs were. She stuck by him even after he got really old. I love and always will love Kerry for what she did. Smart, pretty, and 100% selfless.

I don't know. Maybe that makes things a little easier. Just knowing that while Jack was together with some nice people (not saying that any of them were right for him), Sam wasn't. Ever. It's hard to watch.
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

i don't count any of her 'interests' as *others* either, b/c like you said, it was mostly one-sided. i don't even 'get' the black widow curse, *because* almost all of these guys weren't love interest/in relationships with her.
      I think that it was more the possiblity of having relationships. After all, she was together with Martouf in the AU in "Ripple Effect". And right from the beginning she seemed interested in Joe Faxon.

Though it does make the line in "Chimera" about how "Many of the men that I've *dated* recently have died." She wasn't dating any of them.
      sigpic
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Though it does make the line in "Chimera" about how "Many of the men that I've *dated* recently have died." She wasn't dating any of them.
        Yeah. One of those instances of TPTB allowing fanon to effect canon. Just as with 'fishing' at the end of Moebius. Fans made up the innuendo around fishing... They just ran with it.

Comment

I don't know. Maybe that makes things a little easier. Just knowing that while Jack was together with some nice people (not saying that any of them were right for him), Sam wasn't. Ever. It's hard to watch.
          very true.

sam's only boyfriends we saw were jonas hanson (ex bf) and pete. jonas was, it seemed, a bit of a control freak, and pete was... a bit of a control freak.

but yeah, two for two with sam, and both times the guys weren't the best choices. luckily for sam, jack, and *us*, she's now with the best and only choice!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I love that ep, too. And that line that Sam gives in the beginning when they first go into the big palace place "I was going to do my house this way, but it didn't go with the rest of my stuff." (or something.) I really like that episode.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

i think thats a valid point. all of the others that Jack was with seemed to be generally good people. especially Kerry considering she basically scolded Jack for not being Sam in the first place. Whereas the only person that Sam was technically with, pete, seemed to be well IMO, a bit of a doofus and not really good enough for her. The other guys that were "in" Sam's life i dont really count, aka Narim and Martouf etc, because all those guys ever did was make lovey eyes and then they died.
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

how about some sam/jack *character delelopement*
                That's the kind of development I'm talking about!

Comment

MMMM. Moebius. Kissing and sparks. MMMMM.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93
                    Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                    Yeah. One of those instances of TPTB allowing fanon to effect canon. Just as with 'fishing' at the end of Moebius. Fans made up the innuendo around fishing... They just ran with it.
                    i agree. i think amanda tapping was more bothered by the so-called 'black widow' curse than the fans!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

very true.

sam's only boyfriends we saw were jonas hanson (ex bf) and pete. jonas was, it seemed, a bit of a control freak, and pete was... a bit of a control freak.

but yeah, two for two with sam, and both times the guys weren't the best choices. luckily for sam, jack, and *us*, she's now with the best and only choice!
                      Yeah, and (though I know that most don't count "2010" as canon) I also add Joe Faxon to the list. Though not nearly as much as Jonas, and probably not as bad as Pete, Joe still went to great lengths to keep Sam from helping with SG-1's plan to send the note back in time, a plan that Sam herself came up with.

When are guys going to learn that Sam doesn't need someone to make decisions for her. Well, at least Jack knows that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        BTW, Twilight506, I finished reading Supposed Crime and Professional Boundaries in the wee hours of the morning.

My thoughts on it - in spoilers, just in case someone hasn't read it yet. Which I find hard to believe.
                        Spoiler:
                        I love the way the story was written. It kept my attention and I didn't waver. I was eagerly awaiting the next chapter (and eventially the next story).

The characters of AU Jack and Sam reacted to their emotions after stressful missions and events the way I would expect them to, if they allowed themselves to remove the UST walls they had built over the years.

After I read Supposed Crime, I could only guess what the sequel would be about. The anticipation of the story made me crave more, and happily you provided Professional Boundaries.

I started reading the sequel with sadness for the loss of AU Jack and Sam, and what Janet had to go through without them. In the first story, you become very familiar with them, so I missed them in the sequel. But then in Professional Boundaries you got that all over again with our Jack and Sam and how they were drawn together.

I loved the way AU Janet, who lost her Cassie, met our Cassie, who was still mourning her mother. It beautifully tied the two together.

You wrote Pete the way I see him. He loved Sam and tried to do the right thing. It was nice that he was smart enough to leave, knowing that Sam didn't love him.

All the characters were well written and used perfectly.

In Chapter 11, I liked the small differences to the real episodes, the ending was perfect, but to me there was too much of the episodes mixed in.

There was a right amount of angst, fluff, gutter and baby.

Overall, fantastic job. I would read your stories any day.

Thanks for the story, it was great!
                        Response to Supposed Crime/Professional Boundaries Review
                        Spoiler:
                        Thank you so much for the in depth compliment! The story was quite the labor of love and sometimes just a lot of labor LOL. If I were going to critique my own piece (which I do) - I would share your same sentiment about the last few chapters of PB. I struggled very hard because at that point the story line really melded with the show's storyline. *My* story so to speak had ended and even when I outlined it I didn't like how it was going to end up but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what else to do (I had the entire story outlined before it was ever started). Perhaps in five years when I feel like revising I'll see how to rework it, but those last few chapters remained elusive for me. Is that bad, me admitting that I struggled with them? I hope I don't ruin anyone's reading of them. It's not so much that I disliked them as I felt they weren't as strong as they could have been.

Other than that though, I felt very proud of the series and I have loved hearing people's feedback on it, especially when it's been thoroughly enjoyed.

That said it will be a while before I take on a story of that magnitude again LOL

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                        Every three years? I've moved every two years for as long as I can remember, someone who might understand me at last!
                        Spoiler:

Yes, I'm in therapy now. No, I'm not kidding. LOL (You may enjoy the book "Third Culture Kid" - when I read this book I suddenly didn't feel so alone anymore) - also feel free to PM me if you need to. It's not easy to be as mobile and nomadic as we are

I agree with everyone that it seems odd that in an the Edoran culture Laira would toss Jack's things. I'm going with the writer's not thinking that through.

Something else that occurred to me - why in "Solitudes" did Sam not try another address??

Comment

I see Ba'al! Those watching '24' will see Ba'al
                          sigpic
                          GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Something else that occurred to me - why in "Solitudes" did Sam not try another address??
                            I hate that. Everytime I watch that ep I find myself yelling at the TV, "Try a different planet!" If I were Sam, I'd feel so guilty after being told that both she and Jack almost died because of a little detail like that.

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                            I see Ba'al! Those watching '24' will see Ba'al
                            Whoo! So excited!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                              Wow, I didn't even check but the site is kind of busted.
                              Here's the page with some other toons.
                              http://www.littlekcartoons.50g.com/gatetoons.html
                              It's called Kitty's Cartoons.
                              - at the one where Jonas Quinn said Jack was writing a valentine card like that....with the blushing Sam was doing in that cartoon it's a wonder the card didn't burst into flames.....

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                              The Serpents Lair!

The part when she bites his hand...
                              indeed.....and I still think she just wanted an excuse to get a taste of her future
                              Spoiler:
                              husband

bet that was teasing fodder for many years to come....

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                              Okay, I may not be as gung-ho about the ship as I have been in the past, but when I see a license plate with the letters BHK on it, I still have to smile!

forever!

I think torture is fun! Um.... That didn't come out right! What I meant to say was I love the angsty, hurt/comfort stuff that may come from a little whump here and there. Yes, that's what I meant!

But yeah, I just don't get a kick out of Sam jumping in bed with Pete or Jack kissing Laira...it's just absolutely no fun and just...wrong! It's easier, I suppose, to see it earlier on in the series, though it is never easy, not when you want SJ together so badly!

I agree, I think the writers could have come up with a better way to get to the end result. But they're always gonna play with us and make us squirm all in the name of story telling! How many times have we heard Pete's name in relation to 'character development'. I could think of other ways to develop Sam's character!
                              I always knew you were a sadist!!!

see?!?!!?! all cavern dwellers are sadists....

That's the kind of development I'm talking about!
                              I concur....

Response to Supposed Crime/Professional Boundaries Review
                              Spoiler:
                              Thank you so much for the in depth compliment! The story was quite the labor of love and sometimes just a lot of labor LOL. If I were going to critique my own piece (which I do) - I would share your same sentiment about the last few chapters of PB. I struggled very hard because at that point the story line really melded with the show's storyline. *My* story so to speak had ended and even when I outlined it I didn't like how it was going to end up but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what else to do (I had the entire story outlined before it was ever started). Perhaps in five years when I feel like revising I'll see how to rework it, but those last few chapters remained elusive for me. Is that bad, me admitting that I struggled with them? I hope I don't ruin anyone's reading of them. It's not so much that I disliked them as I felt they weren't as strong as they could have been.

Other than that though, I felt very proud of the series and I have loved hearing people's feedback on it, especially when it's been thoroughly enjoyed.

That said it will be a while before I take on a story of that magnitude again LOL

Spoiler:

Yes, I'm in therapy now. No, I'm not kidding. LOL (You may enjoy the book "Third Culture Kid" - when I read this book I suddenly didn't feel so alone anymore) - also feel free to PM me if you need to. It's not easy to be as mobile and nomadic as we are

I agree with everyone that it seems odd that in an the Edoran culture Laira would toss Jack's things. I'm going with the writer's not thinking that through.

well....if the writers had Sam try another address it would've been a very short ep methinks...

and we wouldn't've gotten the guttery "sidearm" comment from Jack

yeah....I'd warm up real quick too if I had a beautiful woman like Sam to curl up with on an icy tundra....

Comment

I hate that. Everytime I watch that ep I find myself yelling at the TV, "Try a different planet!" If I were Sam, I'd feel so guilty after being told that both she and Jack almost died because of a little detail like that.
                                I have always hated that about the episode. There are other planets they should have tried. At least they started trying other planets when things weren't working on the gate after that (think WoO).
                                sigpic
                                GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Working...
                                X