Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
    i agree with that last statement. i also find it is easier to watch jack/other than sam/other, and i have no clue as to why that is. maybe has to do with me being a girl and just figuring a guys and a guy and their silly and have ridiculous needs that only strange alien women they get marooned with can fill? haha so basically i agree i just dont why that is
    i've actually tried to think about 'why' it's easier for me to see jack/other too. i *think*, b/c like you, *i'm* sam in these eps... but i guess i can handle him straying more than sam, b/c i could never do that to him myself.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Sure, A Hundred Days is angsty and emotional and complex and gives us insight into Sam and Jack, etc, etc. There's always a great discussion about this episode...and Affinity and Chimera and all those other 'controversial' episdoes. The episode has its moments and I have seen it more than once, but I just can't be happy with any scene that places Jack OR Sam in the arms of another. I don't care if it's necessary to the plot or for character development or what, it's not fun to watch Jack be with someone who is not Sam(and the other way around)!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i've actually tried to think about 'why' it's easier for me to see jack/other too. i *think*, b/c like you, *i'm* sam in these eps... but i guess i can handle him straying more than sam, b/c i could never do that to him myself.
        *ponders this* yeah ive never really realized but i guess i do put myself in sams place (which is deifnately me just being completely in love with jack myself ) but realizing this thats definately why i can handle jack/other because i would never be with somebody while in love with somebody else.
        sigpic
        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

oh yeah, and sam's angst at the end! (((sam)))

but yes, in 'that' way... watching jack with another woman was worth the sam admission stuff, at least for me.

(it's always easier for me to watch jack/other than sam/other)
          i agree with that last statement. i also find it is easier to watch jack/other than sam/other, and i have no clue as to why that is. maybe has to do with me being a girl and just figuring a guys and a guy and their silly and have ridiculous needs that only strange alien women they get marooned with can fill? haha so basically i agree i just dont why that is
          I have to agree with this. Jack/other has always, always been easier to watch then Sam/other. I mean was the hardest to deal with. And the easiest was Kerry. Why? Because she gave Jack up so that Sam could have him, and to me that says a lot about her character. So yes, she has to be my fave "Other". (That and she has the same name as my sister-in-law)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
            Sure, A Hundred Days is angsty and emotional and complex and gives us insight into Sam and Jack, etc, etc. There's always a great discussion about this episode...and Affinity and Chimera and all those other 'controversial' episdoes. The episode has its moments and I have seen it more than once, but I just can't be happy with any scene that places Jack OR Sam in the arms of another. I don't care if it's necessary to the plot or for character development or what, it's not fun to watch Jack be with someone who is not Sam!
            i totally agree!!

i don't 'enjoy' eps like this. it's torture, though, '100 days' was one of the least of the torture sessions. (maybe b/c it was so early into the s/j 'relationship', and that they hadn't revealed or dealt with their feelings yet)

but for all the "necessary to the plot or for character development" stuff, i have yet to not see an alternative to getting to the same end result. the writers could have found another way of having sam get a life, and realize her true heart and soul belongs with jack, no matter how much she fights it. but TV *loves* to play the 'lead/other' storyline.

i just think, for some it's fun, for others it's torture.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
              I have to agree with this. Jack/other has always, always been easier to watch then Sam/other. I mean was the hardest to deal with. And the easiest was Kerry. Why? Because she gave Jack up so that Sam could have him, and to me that says a lot about her character. So yes, she has to be my fave "Other". (That and she has the same name as my sister-in-law)
              I admit, Kerry was okay. She didn't try to hold on to Jack when she became aware of what was going on. She knew Jack wasn't completely hers and knew when to step aside. (Take notes, Pete! ) She was pretty, intelligent, and would have been an okay match for Jack had Sam not been around. But Sam WAS around and she's the perfect match for Jack, so I thank Kerry for stepping aside!

Comment

i think kerry was the easiest to handle 'other' too, and prob b/c she had so little screen time for me to have to put up with.

yes, we had the bed scene (), but even that wasn't as bad as one minute of the sam/pete stuff. for me at least.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

although, i must say, as easy as it is to watch jack/other the sam/pete storyline just about broke my heart to pieces to the point where i dont even watch chimera anymore bc i know i'll just end up in a sobbing mess despite the fact i know that sam and jack wind up together.

i totally agree!!

i don't 'enjoy' eps like this. it's torture, though, '100 days' was one of the least of the torture sessions. (maybe b/c it was so early into the s/j 'relationship', and that they hadn't revealed or dealt with their feelings yet)

but for all the "necessary to the plot or for character development" stuff, i have yet to not see an alternative to getting to the same end result. the writers could have found another way of having sam get a life, and realize her true heart and soul belongs with jack, no matter how much she fights it. but TV *loves* to play the 'lead/other' storyline.

i think "cruel and unusual punishment" might be a better term for it! haha
                  sigpic

Comment

although, i must say, as easy as it is to watch jack/other the sam/pete storyline just about broke my heart to pieces to the point where i dont even watch chimera anymore bc i know i'll just end up in a sobbing mess despite the fact i know that sam and jack wind up together.
                    i can't watch it either. if was like taking all my fave sam/jack fanfic scenes, but having them played out with sam/other instead. and the guy wasn't even worthy of sam... *feels gaggy*

how many years later, and i'm *still* suffering from those tremors?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i can't watch it either. if was like taking all my fave sam/jack fanfic scenes, but having them played out with sam/other instead. and the guy wasn't even worthy of sam... *feels gaggy*

how many years later, and i'm *still* suffering from those tremors?
                      ugh no worries. i gagg too. for instance, i watched the end of season 7/beginning of season 8 today with "New order" where Fifth makes sam see pete...yeahh the second pete came on screen i just hit the fastforward saying "yeah nooo. i enjoyed my breakfast and dont desire to lose it over fake sam/pete moments."
                      sigpic

Comment

i totally agree!!

I think torture is fun! Um.... That didn't come out right! What I meant to say was I love the angsty, hurt/comfort stuff that may come from a little whump here and there. Yes, that's what I meant!

But yeah, I just don't get a kick out of Sam jumping in bed with Pete or Jack kissing Laira...it's just absolutely no fun and just...wrong! It's easier, I suppose, to see it earlier on in the series, though it is never easy, not when you want SJ together so badly!

I agree, I think the writers could have come up with a better way to get to the end result. But they're always gonna play with us and make us squirm all in the name of story telling! How many times have we heard Pete's name in relation to 'character development'. I could think of other ways to develop Sam's character!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          Request to All Sam/Jack Vidders
                          As I mentioned previously, I'm compiling a list of all S/J vidders, old and new. I'm finding out that I am lacking a lot of information about you. I'm also sure that I don't know every vidder. Could you do me a favor and send me either a private message or an email (click on my username for the links) and let me know your vidder name, any other name you may use, vid home page, LJ page, YouTube page, BAM! Vid Vault page, etc.

Also, if you DO NOT want me to put you on the list, please let me know that!

Thanks a bunch!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...dle.jpg/QUOTE]

I have a bunch of old videos from pre-YT days when you had no choice but to download. I'll see if I can trace back the decent ones to their makers and let you know details. You can add me to the list, abliet my vids aren't that special. I'll PM you the details later.

i think kerry was the easiest to handle 'other' too, and prob b/c she had so little screen time for me to have to put up with.

yes, we had the bed scene (), but even that wasn't as bad as one minute of the sam/pete stuff. for me at least.
                          I think Kerry was easiest to handle of all the "others" because she was the one who smacked Jack upside the head and said "You love this woman. She loves you. WTF are you two PLAYING at. Sheesh get a room!"

And so they did.

And on a slightly more serious note, apart from Pete I don't really count any of Sam's "others" as actual others since most of them were one sided or never really developed beyond flirtation/friendship. Pete is the only one we know of (unless you count GloSex with an ascended being as making whoopie) that she actually had a full on adult relationship with. For Jack he did at least have Kerry and Laira who were concious sexual and romantic partners of his. I don't count Kynthia as a willing relationship since drugging someone and having unprotected sex with them is the kind of thing you get chucked in prison for on this planet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yesterday I couldn't decide what ep to watch(I need shippy inspiration!), so I just decided to start at the beginning of the series. I'm on Broca Divide.

Just some thoughts about the ep...
                            -Jack making a joke at the beginning and looking to Sam to see her reaction.
                            -Of course the locker room scene!
                            -Jack fighting with Daniel over Sam...and calling her Samantha!
                            -I love Walter in any ep!
                            -The intro of Janet!
                            -Janet calling Teal'c 'Mr. Teal'c'.
                            -Teal'c saying Jack was going to 'damage himself'.
                            -"I am not Lucy."
                            _"If it doesn't heal properly you'll never wear that sweet little tank top number again."

I'm remembering why I love this show so!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

I agree, I think the writers could have come up with a better way to get to the end result. But they're always gonna play with us and make us squirm all in the name of story telling! How many times have we heard Pete's name in relation to 'character development'. I could think of other ways to develop Sam's character!
                              how about some sam/jack *character delelopement*, with scenes of THEM dancing and flirty and making love and such!!

(too bad they don't have a crazed out shipper due to stress smiley )
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                I think Kerry was easiest to handle of all the "others" because she was the one who smacked Jack upside the head and said "You love this woman. She loves you. WTF are you two PLAYING at. Sheesh get a room!"

And so they did.
                                you go, kerry!!

And on a slightly more serious note, apart from Pete I don't really count any of Sam's "others" as actual others since most of them were one sided or never really developed beyond flirtation/friendship. Pete is the only one we know of (unless you count GloSex with an ascended being as making whoopie) that she actually had a full on adult relationship with. For Jack he did at least have Kerry and Laira who were concious sexual and romantic partners of his. I don't count Kynthia as a willing relationship since drugging someone and having unprotected sex with them is the kind of thing you get chucked in prison for on this planet.
                                i don't count any of her 'interests' as *others* either, b/c like you said, it was mostly one-sided. i don't even 'get' the black widow curse, *because* almost all of these guys weren't love interest/in relationships with her.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X