Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    Hey, the man wasn't even complaining!! I mean COME ON LOL You kiss him , he kisses back, you're alone in the bedroom, and it's been a really, really long time for both of you... I'm just sayin' - I don't blame the woman y'know?

Besides, in the end she was just a placeholder until he figured out that he was supposed to be with Sam.
    When do men complain when a woman comes on to them? I agree, 3 months is a long time. He only has so much control. Things worked out in the end and now he is with Sam. Forget the past, live for today.
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      Must have

Uhm... no.

Now we only need to find an ep that spells hoo(d)!
      *Thinks really hard* Nope, I got nothin. A fic perhaps has that name?
      Maybe someone here could write it?

I really enjoyed 100 Days (hey, I didn't think Laira was all that bad.. :: waits for the beatings to start :: ). I think it speaks a lot to who Jack is as a person as well as opening up Sam to her own feelings regarding him. So much angst it's amazing. I wrote a fic where Sam was stranded on Edora with Jack but you need to wait about five years before you can read it LOL
      I look forward to it in five, ten, fifteen years...
      Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Five years?
      Btw I read a ff with this idea: 100 Days of Night
      Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      She means that it's mature so you should only read it if you're over 18...so she has about 5 years.

Having lost so much in my life time (I'm 27 and I've moved on average every 3 years of my life)
      <snip>
      Every three years? I've moved every two years for as long as I can remember, someone who might understand me at last!

According to Val's profile, she's only 13 and my fic is "M"
      Yep, and according to my birth certificate, my passports (Both of um) and about ten million photos, I'm thirteen. Which actually makes me about the youngest person on this thread, and possibly GW!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Ok, now I understood!
      Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      When do men complain when a woman comes on to them? I agree, 3 months is a long time. He only has so much control. Things worked out in the end and now he is with Sam. Forget the past, live for today.
      *Can't think of an argument* I guess your right, this is now, and we should forget about or not be bothered by then.

+ =
      sigpic

Comment

Having lost so much in my life time (I'm 27 and I've moved on average every 3 years of my life) - there's a sense in which in order to accept the new life you have to let go of the old. People do that in different ways. She didn't take his clothes to be thrown out until after they had already consummated the relationship, which told her that he was willing to settle down with her. It was her way of asking him for a commitment.
        I understand what you're saying there. However, my problem with throwing away perfectly good clothing is that in a village where every little item is important, it makes no sense to throw away clothing that could be reused or taken apart and made into something else. Instead of throwing them away, why not give them away to somebody who could reuse them. Recycle, repurpose, whatever anybody wants to call it. It was just plain wasteful to throw stuff like that away. And in my opinion, also pretty selfish.

Plus, as I'm thinking about it - didn't Laira keep her late husband's clothing? She didn't throw any of that stuff away. I'm pretty sure she gave some of it to Jack to wear at one point. So if she didn't have to throw away stuff that reminded her of her own past, then why should Jack have to get rid of stuff that was a reminder of his past?
        Last edited by hedwig; 17 January 2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I kinda like 100 Days. It's one of the first episodes where we see Sam worried for Jack in that way And the angst at the end is just ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Love it

And there's cool fireworks and everything!
          *sigh* This is why I didn't score as high in that first quiz. I happen to like 100 Days. The angst as Sam reinvents science to try to get Jack back, coming to realize her own feelings along the way and then the heartbreak and resignation at the end when she knows she can't have him... that way.

*angsty sigh*

Yeah. I'm a sucker for angst.

Plus there's the whole Laira and Sam as foils representing the two different options for Jack's life... simplicity/home and hearth vs. duty/honor and country and all that that entails. Yeah.

/bad shipper

Comment

how about this foil: Thirtysomething Vs. Sanctuary? Who wins there?
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              *sigh* This is why I didn't score as high in that first quiz. I happen to like 100 Days. The angst as Sam reinvents science to try to get Jack back, coming to realize her own feelings along the way and then the heartbreak and resignation at the end when she knows she can't have him... that way.

*angsty sigh*

Yeah. I'm a sucker for angst.

Plus there's the whole Laira and Sam as foils representing the two different options for Jack's life... simplicity/home and hearth vs. duty/honor and country and all that that entails. Yeah.

/bad shipper
              I have always loved the angst that 100 days created but your point at the end is so interesting! i had never really thought of the two as foils before but you are most definately right that they are. which, thinking about that now, only adds to the general angst in the episode over all. *sighs* angst is so painful but so...great! haha
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Ahhh...100 days...

I must say that when I saw it the first time I just couldn't see it and was utterly shocked. The second time my brother(who watches the episodes with me) gave me a pillow for throwing, hiding and to make sure my parents wouldn't hear me curse(they are still figuring out where I learned to curse I sometimes got quite a temper)
                After that I slowly started to accept the episode and I even think it is good now(still covering my eyes for non-S/J kiss though).

I like it because of how Sam reacts in this episode. She does everything to save Jack and won't stop with searching for a way to rescue him. It is heartwrenching. I also find the scene where Janet asks Sam "is this a problem" very good and I think this is also a sort of realization for Sam that she really *does* care a lot about Jack and more than she is supposed to.

Then the scene where she saves him and expects something from him, gratitude or something else, but she doesn't get it*sob* it's just too much. I really want to hit Jack then and beat some sense into him.

You do see on the other side that Jack never really learns to accept the fact that he lives on that planet, but because of certain circumstances learns to adopt.
                I also think that Liara was wrong in pushing him so much and that Jack earlier went with her because of his grief(for Earth/his friends/Sam). Also the time that Liara and Jack ...erm...bond...is because Jack is drinking...so I blame Liara on a drinking problem that Jack developed there.

Also another thing which makes it easy for me to accept this episode and like it is that Jack never comes back to Liara(as we know). Thus she didn't get a child from him(I can't see Jack leaving another child) and he didn't really feel that connected to her.
                Remember one of the next episodes when he is supposedly retiring off-world to her? Well he doesn't even go to the village first before he goes to Maybournes rogue planet...this also indicates something for me.

Anyway...I just fried my brain and this will probably all be nonsense
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  how about this foil: Thirtysomething Vs. Sanctuary? Who wins there?
                  Sanctuary. Because abnormals are hotter than Ancients normals.

Now, if you had said LA Law...

Sanctuary would still win... Because abnormals are also hotter than lawyers.

(all the kids say, "huh?")

Comment

*raises hand* I must be bad shipper too I love 100 Days. I love what it reveals to Sam, and how oblivious the revelation is to Jack. I quite liked Laira, and to be honest, I don't think she pushed Jack all that much at all. Their's is a simple village and many of its people are now gone. As far as all the villagers left are concerned, they will never get the others back. They on't understand the Stargate the way Jack does and the longer he dwells on the past, the longer all of them will suffer (not to say that he wouldnt have pulled his weight around, but when a village is already so empty, there is a lot of work to be done for each person) and for Jack to be able to help in the best way, he also needs to move on emotionally. Which I think entered Laira's head. What she was doing was good for Jack. It's not helpful to be reminded of a life you can never go back to, abd she thought he would never be able to go back. I never saw her as a manipulative woman, and if she truly thought Jack could get back home, and that their friends could return to Edora, she would have helped. But they are from different cultures and believe differently. She couldn't believe that he was going home. And if he wasn't, then I tihnk she helped him in the best way she could.

mmm, I think I want to watch 100 Days right no

(and I havent talked this much on the thread in MONTHS! )
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I got:

1 - Impatient Little Bugger (yep, that's me)
                      2 - Devoited S/J Shipper (yep, that's also me)
                      3 - Ultimate S/J Shipper (yep)
                      okay, i took the quiz.

What type of Sam\Jack shipper are you - "Impatient little bugger"
                      (that one i knew already! )

Are you a Sam\Jack Shipper? - "You're a devoted Sam/Jack Shipper for life"

Can you really call yourself an Stargate SG-1 Jack\Sam shipper? - "Woohoo! You are the ultimate Jack/Sam shipper"

sally

sigpic

Comment

I block that one out, too. I think I've only seen it once or twice, and the scene where Sam admits "feelings" kind of Janet, around 30. I just don't bother with the rest of the episode.
                        that's what i 'like' about the episode (besides jack looking smokin' hot ), b/c it set in stone sam's feelings for jack.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I kinda like 100 Days. It's one of the first episodes where we see Sam worried for Jack in that way And the angst at the end is just ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Love it
                          oh yeah, and sam's angst at the end! (((sam)))

but yes, in 'that' way... watching jack with another woman was worth the sam admission stuff, at least for me.

(it's always easier for me to watch jack/other than sam/other)
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I thought that lawyers WERE abnormals. . .Oops. I know many many nice people who are lawyers and I do not mean to malign an entire species--oops--race--oops--People.

Now I'd like to see Harry Hamlin on Edora. . .sweating in the sun. . . :O

But we've already seen Benny--in his true element on another planet, wrangling the Unas. Episode, anyone? (Anyone older than 30, I mean. . .since they're probably the only ones who have any idea what language I speak.)
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              oh yeah, and sam's angst at the end! (((sam)))

but yes, in 'that' way... watching jack with another woman was worth the sam admission stuff, at least for me.

(it's always easier for me to watch jack/other than sam/other)
                              i agree with that last statement. i also find it is easier to watch jack/other than sam/other, and i have no clue as to why that is. maybe has to do with me being a girl and just figuring a guys and a guy and their silly and have ridiculous needs that only strange alien women they get marooned with can fill? haha so basically i agree i just dont why that is
                              sigpic
                              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I thought that lawyers WERE abnormals. . .Oops. I know many many nice people who are lawyers and I do not mean to malign an entire species--oops--race--oops--People.

Now I'd like to see Harry Hamlin on Edora. . .sweating in the sun. . . :O

But we've already seen Benny--in his true element on another planet, wrangling the Unas. Episode, anyone? (Anyone older than 30, I mean. . .since they're probably the only ones who have any idea what language I speak.)
                                Beast of Burden. John has a very.. odd.. list of favorite episodes *sigh*

Should I mention 100 Days is also on his list?

Comment

Working...
                                X