No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a good day I can watch 100 days...I've seen it oh maybe 3 times...(That's so a record for my meh episodes! )

Ohhhh and ya know how much I love Entity (*clings to it*)...I realized something, how that episode is so light and funny in the beginning ("I'm not getting all my memos", "Do I look fat?", "Malps can't fly...") to being so completely heart crushing. Guh. And Jack...how RDA acts when he's by her bedside and how mad he gets at the entity in her...the man is crushed. I just thought I'd throw that out there. Angst at it's best right there.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Ok...you watched it with a shipper lens!
      Must have

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
      You only watched those parts right? Right???? Please say yes!

I've haven't even seen it once. I just had feeling it wasn't gonna be one of my faves, and I blocked my eyes through most of it. Actually I think that's when I really realized that I was a Sam/Jack shipper. It was at that point that I qualified for everything Thinking of what could have happened different, wishing they were together, squeeing loudly during WoO (Has anyone else noticed that WoO spells woo?) D&C, POV, Grace,, and many others.
      Uhm... no.

Now we only need to find an ep that spells hoo(d)!

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      I really enjoyed 100 Days (hey, I didn't think Laira was all that bad.. :: waits for the beatings to start :: ). I think it speaks a lot to who Jack is as a person as well as opening up Sam to her own feelings regarding him. So much angst it's amazing. I wrote a fic where Sam was stranded on Edora with Jack but you need to wait about five years before you can read it LOL
      I agree.
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
        I crossed the country for that hug and it was worth every hour I was in the air. I have our picture hanging in my office and every time I get frustrated, I just look at the picture, into his brown eye and remember that warm and so cozy embrace, my poor husband
        http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...f2009097-1.jpg

Thanks L-Jade and O'Neill2"LL"
        You crossed the country for a hug? Wow, such dedication. Maybe I should do that this year. It will probably be the only way I could meet him. When is that walk again?

Nice picture by the way. Trupi, you look so petite next to him. I think that he is about the same height as me. I am 6'1". We would probably see eye to eye.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Sorry, still can't stand to watch it! But I admire your fortitude in being able to stomach it. (And Laira bothers me because she just wants to throw away Jack's clothes and stuff. It was still perfectly good--the only reason to get rid of it is to erase his past, which seems a little bit overbearing to me. But what do I know?) (Although, she does have the smarts to want to "settle down" with him, so I do understand her from that point of view! No! Don't let me like her!) Sigh.
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I really enjoyed 100 Days (hey, I didn't think Laira was all that bad.. :: waits for the beatings to start :: ). I think it speaks a lot to who Jack is as a person as well as opening up Sam to her own feelings regarding him. So much angst it's amazing. I wrote a fic where Sam was stranded on Edora with Jack but you need to wait about five years before you can read it LOL
            Five years?
            Btw I read a ff with this idea: 100 Days of Night
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Five years?
              She means that it's mature so you should only read it if you're over 18...so she has about 5 years.

Last edited by Regularamanda; 17 January 2010, 12:39 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                Sorry, still can't stand to watch it! But I admire your fortitude in being able to stomach it. (And Laira bothers me because she just wants to throw away Jack's clothes and stuff. It was still perfectly good--the only reason to get rid of it is to erase his past, which seems a little bit overbearing to me. But what do I know?) (Although, she does have the smarts to want to "settle down" with him, so I do understand her from that point of view! No! Don't let me like her!) Sigh.
                Having lost so much in my life time (I'm 27 and I've moved on average every 3 years of my life) - there's a sense in which in order to accept the new life you have to let go of the old. People do that in different ways. She didn't take his clothes to be thrown out until after they had already consummated the relationship, which told her that he was willing to settle down with her. It was her way of asking him for a commitment.

Five years?
                According to Val's profile, she's only 13 and my fic is "M"

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  I kinda like 100 Days. It's one of the first episodes where we see Sam worried for Jack in that way And the angst at the end is just ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Love it

And there's cool fireworks and everything!
                  I thought that too. I even think that Jack was looking at Sam while they were talking during the fire rain. And Jack was drunk, darn it, and Laira took advantage of him!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                    I thought that too. I even think that Jack was looking at Sam while they were talking during the fire rain. And Jack was drunk, darn it, and Laira took advantage of him!
                    Hey, how many of you here would have done the SAME THING?? :: eyes all you Jack thunkers :: She who is without very naughty thoughts about Jack cast the first stone. Huh. That's what I thought. LOL

Comment

According to Val's profile, she's only 13 and my fic is "M"
                      Ok, now I understood!
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hey, how many of you here would have done the SAME THING?? :: eyes all you Jack thunkers :: She who is without very naughty thoughts about Jack cast the first stone. Huh. That's what I thought. LOL
                        (Raises her hands slowly), though thinking it and doing it are two separate things. I would have waited until he made the first move, when he was ready.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                          (Raises her hands slowly), though thinking it and doing it are two separate things. I would have waited until he made the first move, when he was ready.
                          Hey, the man wasn't even complaining!! I mean COME ON LOL You kiss him , he kisses back, you're alone in the bedroom, and it's been a really, really long time for both of you... I'm just sayin' - I don't blame the woman y'know?

Besides, in the end she was just a placeholder until he figured out that he was supposed to be with Sam.

Comment

I get that, I just don't know that someone living in that kind of environment would throw away anything that was still useful--think prairie women in the 1800s. They used everything until it was gone. An Agrarian society like hers would, do the same, I would think. Remember, she did keep the shirt that she made for her husband, even though that had to have had strong connotations to it, as well.

I understand it from a modern viewpoint--I have to trash stuff that reminds me of moving on, too--but from that particular societal ideology--I'm not so sure. And I have to admit that Laira is a strong woman--and I do feel bad for her--and a certain kinship since, after all, she was smart enough to choose Jack.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

And we'll totally agree there!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

BTW, Twilight506, I finished reading Supposed Crime and Professional Boundaries in the wee hours of the morning.

My thoughts on it - in spoilers, just in case someone hasn't read it yet. Which I find hard to believe.
                                Spoiler:
                                I love the way the story was written. It kept my attention and I didn't waver. I was eagerly awaiting the next chapter (and eventially the next story).

The characters of AU Jack and Sam reacted to their emotions after stressful missions and events the way I would expect them to, if they allowed themselves to remove the UST walls they had built over the years.

After I read Supposed Crime, I could only guess what the sequel would be about. The anticipation of the story made me crave more, and happily you provided Professional Boundaries.

I started reading the sequel with sadness for the loss of AU Jack and Sam, and what Janet had to go through without them. In the first story, you become very familiar with them, so I missed them in the sequel. But then in Professional Boundaries you got that all over again with our Jack and Sam and how they were drawn together.

I loved the way AU Janet, who lost her Cassie, met our Cassie, who was still mourning her mother. It beautifully tied the two together.

You wrote Pete the way I see him. He loved Sam and tried to do the right thing. It was nice that he was smart enough to leave, knowing that Sam didn't love him.

All the characters were well written and used perfectly.

In Chapter 11, I liked the small differences to the real episodes, the ending was perfect, but to me there was too much of the episodes mixed in.

There was a right amount of angst, fluff, gutter and baby.

Overall, fantastic job. I would read your stories any day.

Thanks for the story, it was great!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X