No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting for Sanctuary to download so here you go... a link to my fic cuz it's M - but it's all in canon.

My Fic Titled: Thin Cotton Pants

Comment

Woohoo,a 69 page!

Hang on, wrong thread...

...ack, who cares! Any excuse for a celebration.

Devilish Me, thank you so very much for all those fab video links. Love them all (some I;d seen, some I hadn't). That first suspect one has been removed by the user so I guess he or she realises they've been caught out in a lie.

You forgot to rec your own awesome work though.

*sigh* I guess I'll just have to go do it for you: Touch My Hand

Oh how I love this video so so much.

XFChemist, lovely rec too. If I get time I will translate and read the fic but the video was just gorgeous.

Jenn, did you update a couple of your fics this week? Only I am sure I saw a post but no notifications yet? It FF.net being an arse as usual?

Originally posted by trupi View Post
      He's 60 years old in a week. He's never going to look like when he left and when he left the show he was sick, tired and is in constant pain because of his back and his feet. He's a large person and keeping that weight low (TV puts ten pounds on you) took a toll on his health. I saw him a month ago and he looks great. He has lost some weight because he's feeling better. Yes he weighs more then when he was on SG1 but he's healthier and happier and still a huggible teddy bear.
      http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...a/ULRIKE-1.jpg

I may well be biased here, what with having a hubby who's 60 this year, and a clear trend for thunking significantly older men but, you know, he still makes me feel tingly. It's so much more than just looks that do it for me.
      I liked slim and gorgeous Jack but I think slightly meatier Jack is still adorable. He does look better in himself (not necessarily much slimmer but just better) recently so perhaps he's shrugged off some of his health issues and is feeling good about himself now. I think, really, that's what matters.
      When they get around to making movie #3, he'll still be the the Jack we know and love, even if he's not the eye candy we're used to.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
        He's 60 years old in a week. He's never going to look like when he left and when he left the show he was sick, tired and is in constant pain because of his back and his feet. He's a large person and keeping that weight low (TV puts ten pounds on you) took a toll on his health. I saw him a month ago and he looks great. He has lost some weight because he's feeling better. Yes he weighs more then when he was on SG1 but he's healthier and happier and still a huggible teddy bear.
        http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...a/ULRIKE-1.jpg
        I'll hug him!!
        Last edited by UhSir; 16 January 2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          Still waiting for Sanctuary to download so here you go... a link to my fic cuz it's M - but it's all in canon.

Oy. (That's a good OY by the way! ) I won't be watching that scene in the same light again.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
            I'll hug him!!
            The line is already starting to form right behind you! Or, in some case, trying to get ahead of you???

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              The line is already starting to form right behind you! Or, in some case, trying to get ahead of you???
              I'd get in that line.

So Cags mentioned on the wohoo thread that she's in a I-have-to-use-the-Grace-Kiss-in-Every-video mood and that made me dust off the old video editing software. I might actually make a video for Valenship. Thought it's a toss up between a sobbing-angst-you're-gonna-need-tissues video or a sniffles-that's-sad-but-it-worked-out-in-the-end-angst video...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                I'll confess.. I can't see anything hot or guttery about not wearing underwear. There's this though:

Spoiler:
                Jack shifted uncomfortably in his BDU pants, trying surreptitiously to disguise the fact he was adjusting his boxers with his free hand. Out of the corner of his eye, though, he caught Daniel looking at him. It only took one quick glare before the archeologist glanced away, back towards the recently activated Stargate at the top of the ramp.

Thank goodness Captain Carter wasn‘t…

“Ready to go, sir?” his second-in-command asked suddenly at his elbow.

Hopefully she’d just arrived. “Just waitin’ on you, Carter.”

“All set,” she replied.

“Then let‘s move out,” he said, and set off up the ramp, hoping no one noticed the brief wince which crossed his features as he stepped forward.

“Sore, sir?” she asked quietly.

He paused and turned to her, “Huh?”

Janet’s got a cream that really helps…”

He tried to look confused, which was an expression he’d gotten pretty good at around her, “Huh?” he repeated.

She smiled knowingly. “Those white uniforms could leave quite a rash…”

*headdesk*

*jumps up and down* Woot! Great girls!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Woohoo,a 69 page!

Hang on, wrong thread...

...ack, who cares! Any excuse for a celebration.

Devilish Me, thank you so very much for all those fab video links. Love them all (some I;d seen, some I hadn't). That first suspect one has been removed by the user so I guess he or she realises they've been caught out in a lie.
                Oh yeah...

You forgot to rec your own awesome work though.

*sigh* I guess I'll just have to go do it for you: Touch My Hand

Oh how I love this video so so much.

*gets in line* I'm not attracted to him any more, but I still want one of his hugsssss. Ahhhh, how cool would it be...
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  I'd get in that line.

So Cags mentioned on the wohoo thread that she's in a I-have-to-use-the-Grace-Kiss-in-Every-video mood and that made me dust off the old video editing software. I might actually make a video for Valenship. Thought it's a toss up between a sobbing-angst-you're-gonna-need-tissues video or a sniffles-that's-sad-but-it-worked-out-in-the-end-angst video...

I want that one
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

ohh yay!! *goes to off to read an review*

*hops in line* i really don't care what people say about how he looks now, i still love him and a hug from RDA is a hug from RDA
                    sigpic
                    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

*giggles at Twi's ficlet*

Oh my that was just... Guh!

I tell you, if there's an RDA Hug line, by reasoning off the fact I have less life left, anyone younger than me can get in line. I know there's a few older but, heh, I think I'll be close to the start of the queue. Oh and not only has RDA got to hug me but there has to be time for him to give me babies. That took me nine years last time I tried anything like that so you could be in for a very long wait. I'd just, y'know, move along and find someone else to thunk.

Amanda, hmm, angst come good in the end. I like that.
                      You see I can only make complete fluff/gutter or heart wrenching angst with videos. I don't really do in between.

Except maybe *coughshamlessselfpimpingcough* Put Your Arms Around Me because that's sort of happy in the end.

I tried to go to bed an hour ago. Thought "Oh, I'll just have a quick listen to some Snow Patrol.", ended up listening to this song and now I have this urge to make a teamly ship centric video to it. And... I can't find a single place for the Grace kiss to go. I'll fit it in *somewhere*.

Oh Gary Lightbody, how I love thee. and there's another man whose babies I would gladly have.
                      sigpic

Comment

Amen, sister! My husband isn't "older" but he's meaty, and I couldn't imagine anything different. And Jack is the attitude--maybe not eye candy anymore--eye cupcakes instead. More substantial and not quite as sweet.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                          Thanks XFChemist, that helped. I can now read it in English. I have to put it aside right now though. I am trying to finish Twilight506's, Supposed Crime and Professional Boundaries stories. You should read those, they are great (Why do I always sound like Tony the Tiger when I say that?).
                          Tony the Tiger??? You have no idea what pops into my head when you say that...

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          So, isn't anyone gonna write a hot guttery fic about this?

*looks at ff writers*

Yes, you know who you are.
                          Nope, no ff here. *Hopes to not get seen* ... *Hides link in Sig*
                          *Reads a few posts ahead*
                          Never mind, Twi's got it.

*Hops into what is starting to be a very long line*
                          I want a hug too!

and to ask him if they have filmed any, uh... Guttery scenes between him and Amanda for movie #3. Or maybe just Fluff, I can live with that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                            Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo but but but but but

Jann master of all things video related do you have the video??? That and "the machine gun" laughing one. My bro and I have been looking for the past hour for it. *begs*
                            yeah.....YT is quite the pain in the mik'ta these days....

That so wasn't white wool I'm voting cotton.

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                              *Hops into what is starting to be a very long line*
                              I want a hug too!

and to ask him if they have filmed any, uh... Guttery scenes between him and Amanda for movie #3. Or maybe just Fluff, I can live with that.
                              OH! good point! somebody in this line does need to ask him that!
                              sigpic
                              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I crossed the country for that hug and it was worth every hour I was in the air. I have our picture hanging in my office and every time I get frustrated, I just look at the picture, into his brown eye and remember that warm and so cozy embrace, my poor husband

Thanks L-Jade and O'Neill2"LL"
                                Last edited by trupi; 16 January 2010, 09:42 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X