Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    Strange, there's not me in that list... And I became a penguin right before I joined the S.H.I.P.

Anyways Valerie I think nell might be the person to ask about being on that list.

Beautiful angst Amanda. Now if there was some fluff to back up all that sadness...
    If you find my fluffy muse, can you tell her to come home? I miss her!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *sob*

*grabs Kleenex*

That was good..and angsty! *looks suspiciously around to whom converted Amanda to the angst* I have some candidates!
    Well...ya know...when a certain beta (*glares playfully at Twilight*)...and a certain other person (*glares playfully at Jenn*), makes you feel bad for writing fluff....angst comes out.

About AU's....I think we all really have our own different opinions on it, and when it comes right down to it, anything we write really can be considered an AU so...*shrugs* And while yes POV kiss isn't really shippy, the thing I do find shippy is that it (Sam and Jack being together) happens more than once in the series. (TbftGoG, POV, BtS, Moebius, Ripple Effect (if you take into account what JM said on his blog))...that to me is shippy because you have more than one Sam/Jack, in a bunch of different scenarios...and so many of them fall for each other. If that's just luck of the draw, fate, destiny, awesome PTB, well then...I'm not gonna complain.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      If you find my fluffy muse, can you tell her to come home? I miss her!

Well...ya know...when a certain beta (*glares playfully at Twilight*)...and a certain other person (*glares playfully at Jenn*), makes you feel bad for writing fluff....angst comes out.

About AU's....I think we all really have our own different opinions on it, and when it comes right down to it, anything we write really can be considered an AU so...*shrugs* And while yes POV kiss isn't really shippy, the thing I do find shippy is that it (Sam and Jack being together) happens more than once in the series. (TbftGoG, POV, BtS, Moebius, Ripple Effect (if you take into account what JM said on his blog))...that to me is shippy because you have more than one Sam/Jack, in a bunch of different scenarios...and so many of them fall for each other. If that's just luck of the draw, fate, destiny, awesome PTB, well then...I'm not gonna complain.
      LOL, yes it's shippy and I agree I just want our ship confirmed

About the muse... sorry, mine was taken away and never came back, really can't help you with that one. Be lucky that you still have the angsty one
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        LOL, yes it's shippy and I agree I just want our ship confirmed

About the muse... sorry, mine was taken away and never came back, really can't help you with that one. Be lucky that you still have the angsty one
        You know...I think my fluffy muse and your muse were eaten by Jenn's stenos

Comment

You know...I think my fluffy muse and your muse were eaten by Jenn's stenos

*whistle's innocently*

/pats stenos

Comment

I hadn't even thought about Linnea and Hathor (EEEEWWWW) and the others. Gosh--maybe he's winning! Has anyone actually done a real tally?
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              *whistle's innocently*

/pats stenos

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/StenoAvi.jpg
              *narrows eyes* So you allow your stenos to eat my fluffy muse...but not my angst one?!

Comment

*narrows eyes* So you allow your stenos to eat my fluffy muse...but not my angst one?!
                I've told you... I don't own the stenos. They own me.

And John did do an actual running tally at the time and if I recall correctly Daniel was in the lead. I remember, cause he'd always go on about how unrealistic it was...

Comment

What are stenos? (And I tried to find the glossary--I'm still looking.)
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    I think that's probably the point of the AU stuff--as warnings or "what coulda been" stuff. The only time they've shown AU is as a way of foreshadowing things that will happen if SG-1 doesn't get a move on. The AU Jack/Sam stuff is just in there to mess with our brains. Mean PTB Mean PTB!
                    indeed....

Comment

They're the little guys in the picture. I'm the only one who has them. Most people have plot bunnies, I have stenos. Like bunnies, but with HUGE teeth and claws. They jump out at you from the shadows and don't let go until you've taken care of them (er.. written them).

Very viscous and rather scary. Especially when you hear them moving around in your room at night!

Comment

Simply loverly! I love these angsty shippy moments. I find, however, that I don't really do the AU thing--like that particular Sam really annoyed me. I like MY Sam. I think I relate best to Teal'c in that way--that our universe is the only one that matters. Anyone else?
                        I think I'm the same as you on this? I don't consider any of the AU stuff to be confirmation of our ship. There are alternates where Sam and Jack do not get together. We're told so in Ripple Effect. I think. At least that's what I remember. Oh well, anyway, my least favorite AU is PoV and only because that Sam messes with our Jack. And right in front of our Sam!!! I tell you, I was livid for weeks and spewed nasties at Jack every time he was nice or cute with Sam for the next several episodes. My husband was in tears with laughter.

A steno is one of JenniferjJF's fic ideas. I think it's something from Sanctuary.

EDIT: oops, she beat me to it.
                        Last edited by UhSir; 14 January 2010, 06:43 PM. Reason: because I type reeeeeeeeeeeeeelly sloooooooooooow

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          They're the little guys in the picture. I'm the only one who has them. Most people have plot bunnies, I have stenos. Like bunnies, but with HUGE teeth and claws. They jump out at you from the shadows and don't let go until you've taken care of them (er.. written them).

Very viscous and rather scary. Especially when you hear them moving around in your room at night!
                          Ouch. I guess I should be glad that I've got is harmless plot bunnies. Well, maybe not so harmless, they may not threaten your life when not written, but the annoy the garbage out of ya!
                          sigpic

Comment

i just clicked on the 'discussion' thread by mistake!

i like the 'appreciation' thread more, b/c it doesn't take too much thinking.

what i appreciate about sam/jack -

1 - extreme chemistry between the leads, amanda tapping and rda!

2 -
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

2 - That even though I'm sure they were tempted, they waited until they were out of each others chain of command. Speaks greatly of their integrity!

Comment

2 - That even though I'm sure they were tempted, they waited until they were out of each others chain of command. Speaks greatly of their integrity!

3 - The wonderful angst they have given us!

Comment

Working...
                                X