Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window of Opportunity!!!

One of the funniest episodes in the history of the show, and right on the heels of the Divide and Conquer Shipfest, TPTB (ya really gotta love these guys! ) gave us...

This ep features the first time I actually liked Daniel, because it was the good ol' space monkey who pointed out the lovely no-consequences loophole of time looping.

And the first thing Jack wants to do?

I'm telling ya, the sound editor must have goofed and forgotten to splice in that audio clip of "Unchained Melody"...

And the BEST part of the Whole Entire Episode: My all-time favorite
    KISS!!!

All that dip-kissing goodness, plus a double dose of Smug Jack!

Wat'cha thinkin' about, Jack?

Confused, yes... but in a good way!

Oatmeal never had it so good... I wanna be that spoonful of oatmeal...
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      And there we go - look at that look between Jack and Sam there when he complains about it being insane And the throat-clearing to make sure he gets taken along too, and Jacob's grudging acceptance

I do so love the Jack-Jacob dynamic - the way they both clearly understand each other and cannot resist ever-so-subtly winding each other up the entire time
      Awesome

Lol at Jack putting Daniel's glasses up again.

Btw little mistake. When the Alkesh(sp?) gets uncloaked you don't see it's reflecting while you see Daniels reflecting(water on the runway)
      Yes...I love details!

Awwww on the book scene So cute!
      sigpic

Comment

Oooohhhh I just noticed something I'd never noticed before! Did you see the little look from Jacob to Sam when Jack pushes Daniel's glasses back up his nose? It quite clearly said 'And you find this guy amusing?'
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oooohhhh I just noticed something I'd never noticed before! Did you see the little look from Jacob to Sam when Jack pushes Daniel's glasses back up his nose? It quite clearly said 'And you find this guy amusing?'
          Yep I saw it...but I thought it was more like "really? You hang out with these people on a daily basis?" which is kind of the same...

Nevermind me...

Oh look...Teal'c again. Getting beaten up... sorry I'm not very into Teal'c*giggles*
          sigpic

Comment

Next stop on this ambling trip down Shipper Memory Lane... Beneath the Surface!

Sam looses her long locks right along with any memories of the regs standing between them...

They work well together, no matter what their memories might be...

And some more Shippy Snuggling...

There was originally going to be a kiss in this scene, but TPTB thought it was more romantic without it...

<Great Big Exasperated Shippy Sigh> (Sometimes they make it hard for us to love them!)

I still think they ought to put together a DVD featurette with all those deleted kissing and Shippy scenes, and ile they're at it,they can add in all those takes of the Grace Kiss that got left on the editing room floor! They'd make a mint from Shippers round the world! I'd buy it! Hey!! Maybe we should start a petition! After all, there will be another DVD coming out someday (hopefully in the not too distant future!)

And then the bucket of cold Reality water gets splashed all over us...

He made "sir" sound like a dirty word... and not in the good way...

And Sam certainly felt its sting...

Poor Sam! Poor Jack! Poor Sam and Jack!

But yay for us Angst loving shippers as another generation of what-really-happened PlotBunnies hatches all over cyberspace...
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

And we're Shipping...

2010... A great Angsty AlterShip scene in this one...

I love the fact that he wouldn't be convinced until Sam told him this 'future' would never happen if he helped her with her plan... This scene was just loaded with Angsty Ship... But it's still a good thing it never happened!

{One more moment of self-pimpage... You all really should watch my 2010 vid highlighting the Shippy subtext in that oh so Angsty cabin scene!
              )

Up next, Absolute Power... An episode all in Daniel's head, but he gave us a sweet little scene between Sam and Jack, with Sam behind bars needing Jack's help...

And that brings us to The Light:

: Carter, you're in withdrawl!
              : Oh, *I'm* in withdrawl?!?!

I always took that in a very Shippy light! (no pun intended this time! lol) They really were going through Ship withdrawals at that point... but thanks to a rare moment of bad timing from Teal'c (bad First Shipper! No biscuit!), they were able to convince themselves it was just the Light... but we no better! Also, it didn't help matters that we Shippers were also going into withdrawals after all that Ship... But the real Angst was yet to come....

<Cue Ominous music... followed by Shipper theme>
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Yay Sam is lying on the floor and Jack is nearby!...Jump her Jack JUMP!

*wuvs da gutter*

EDIT: YES! his face is close to her...*deleted words* belly...I mean belly
                sigpic

Comment

With my shipper specs on, I like to think the great focus on Jack's reactions in the scene where Sam crawls under the bomb is because it's Sam under there, not just because one false move could blow them all out of existence
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Yay Sam is lying on the floor and Jack is nearby!...Jump her Jack JUMP!

*wuvs da gutter*

EDIT: YES! his face is close to her...*deleted words* belly...I mean belly
                    Yeah, and he had to get down precisely there why??
                    sigpic

Comment

Love him pulling her out by her feet too
                      sigpic

Comment

With my shipper specs on, I like to think the great focus on Jack's reactions in the scene where Sam crawls under the bomb is because it's Sam under there, not just because one false move could blow them all out of existence
                        Yep...and how can you be so deep while watching? I am only like..yeah...that happened...Squee! Yay or No!

Because he looooooooooooves her!

And look how cute and close they get to the wall(together) when Jacob almost flies that thing to the wall! Again together! How cute

ROFL moment: (totally out of context)
                        Sam is having problems
                        :jacob: Jack, you have to take the stick

*snort* I knew Jacob was a shipper
                        sigpic

Comment

Hold on to your party hats, Shippers... we're in for some tuburlence ahead!

And now, the Ultimate Angst Fest, Entity!

Before the Angst gets under way, we have a moment of levity... Sam cracks a smile at one of Jack's lame jokes...

A smile Sam is quick to try to cover up, but not before Jack catches her!

<Cue Ominous Dark Variation of the Shipper Theme>

And now, the Angst begins...

The first shot didn't take her down, and Jack knows what he has to do...

There is absolutely nothing of Sam in that cold, hard glare, probably the only thing that enabled Jack to fire that second mortal blast.

Even in the blue light, you can see the heat of Jack's fury as he fires the zat.

She lies lifeless on the floor, and poor Jack is almost paralyzed by guilt and grief.

He's the only one in the room with her, but he's keeping his distance, hurting desperately but scarcely able to even look at her. You can practically hear him castigating himself for killing the woman he loves.

But SG1 is granted another miracle, and Sam is restored to her own body. Jack's obviously dying to touch her, but between the witnesses and his own guilty shame, all he manages is a light touch of the bedding.

<
                          Shipper Theme Music as we Fade to Black... >

We have now entered the very dark, deep cavern of Angst. The journey ahead will be a wild and bumpy ride, filled with painful twists and knee-jerk turns as we make our way all the way to the darkest Pit Of Despair over the years to come... Angst lovers weep for mournful joy, and Gutter-minded inclinations take some really creative liberties.
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

And now for the Season Four Finale--which wasn't nearly as Shippy as the Season Three finale, but at least it had Dad!

Sam gets to impress Jack by blowing up a sun! It now reminds me of GeekSam in Moebius answering the question of 'had she ever fired a weapon' by responding with something along the lines of 'does launching a rocket count?' Where does blowing up a sun fit in?

And in the end of the cliff-hanger Finale, Sam, Jack, and Dad are all together, but lost in space... (oh, yeah, Daniel's back there too )
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Yep...and how can you be so deep while watching? I am only like..yeah...that happened...Squee! Yay or No!

Because he looooooooooooves her!

And look how cute and close they get to the wall(together) when Jacob almost flies that thing to the wall! Again together! How cute

ROFL moment: (totally out of context)
                              Sam is having problems
                              :jacob: Jack, you have to take the stick

*snort* I knew Jacob was a shipper
                              *snort*
                              sigpic

Comment

Season Five...

A bit of a dry run for the Ship, especially when coming off the ShipFest Coaster of Season Four. But there are some good moments... and remember, the course never runs smooth on this journey!

And now, the Season Five opener: Enemies!

I absolutely adore the following exchange between Jack and Jacob... it's so... father-in-law/son-in-law like somehow:

JACK: Excuse me. I distinctly remember someone saying "We're not gonna make it!" I think we made it.
                                JACOB: I'm sorry, I overreacted. At the time it seemed we weren't gonna make it.
                                JACK: Yes! Well, next time, maybe we'll just wait and see.
                                JACOB: And blow the last chance I'll ever have to being right?
                                JACK: What?!

Enter the daughter-in-law...

SAM: Welcome to MY life!

JACK: WHAT?!

And one more exchange:

JACK: Carter? How do you know where to go in a place like this?
                                SAM: I studied certain respects of the ship while we were on Vorash.
                                JACK: You know how to have a good time, don't you?
                                SAM: I'm having a good time now, Sir.
                                JACK: You GO girl!

Okay, Season Five's going to be fairly quick, as there just wasn't much Ship for our viewing pleasure. We all know why they put the brakes on... things got way too close in Season Four. I'm still nursing occasional whiplash pangs from that sudden shift in the trajectory of the Ship!
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X