Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
    Exactly. Can you imagine how cheeseball their relationship would have been had they scripted it in there right away? It would have been ridiculous. It would have turned SG1 into some craptastic teen drama. When I sit and think about it, I'm not sure I would have even watched it if Jack and Sam had been all over one another right away, or Sam and Daniel.

I also totally agree with the sentiments about what it would have done with Sam as a female character on TV. She would have devolved into worthless eye candy, which has been done to insulting death. Amanda is always going to beautiful, but Samantha is useful and a genius.
    I totally agree with this. I definately would not have continued watching if Sam and Jack, or sam and daniel, had been in a relationship immediately. For me that would not have made the show worth watching as it would most likely have focused too strongly on their relationship rather than then what the show was actually about. And it would have greatly taken away from all that Amanda had to offer as an actress as well as Sam. I think it is a very good thing they didnt write them into a relationship immediately. To me the way they were and are now, not only makes the relationship stronger but more true to who the characters are.
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      First of all, I forgot to tag it in this multi-quote, but...UhSir, THANK YOU for this AWESOME recording of the Sam & Jack theme! Any chance you could do the same with Point of View and/or Entity? (And could you maybe PM me with details on what you used to filter out the voices? Pretty please with Sam & Jack and whipped cream on top?! )
      You are very welcome. I'll get to work on these. I knew there are others but I couldn't remember them. Does that make me a bad shipper? I think it's also played during Zero Hour when Jack is writing his resignation letter. I'll check that but I'll guess it's only a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
        I totally agree with this. I definately would not have continued watching if Sam and Jack, or sam and daniel, had been in a relationship immediately. For me that would not have made the show worth watching as it would most likely have focused too strongly on their relationship rather than then what the show was actually about. And it would have greatly taken away from all that Amanda had to offer as an actress as well as Sam. I think it is a very good thing they didnt write them into a relationship immediately. To me the way they were and are now, not only makes the relationship stronger but more true to who the characters are.
        Besides, if the relationship was out in the open then we wouldn't have any angst.

Angstless Sam and Jack???

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          You are very welcome. I'll get to work on these. I knew there are others but I couldn't remember them. Does that make me a bad shipper? I think it's also played during Zero Hour when Jack is writing his resignation letter. I'll check that but I'll guess it's only a few seconds.
          The other one I'd love is the grand crescendo of the Ship theme finally resolving in happy major tones during the Moebius kissing. (If you ever doubt that Sam & Jack got their resolution, just listen to the music! Even *it* is resolved! )

<Great Big Happy Shippy Sigh> That one paired with the rendition in Entity would be my favoritest combination!

Thanks again! You ROCK!!
          Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

Besides, if the relationship was out in the open then we wouldn't have any angst.

haha thats true! an angstless Sam and Jack, well, I'm not sure that would even be Sam and Jack anymore!
            sigpic
            thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Oh, the horror!

Although... the only time the Ship was out in the open (well, prior to Resolution, anyway), it was the Angstiest ever! I am referring, of course, to Divide & Conquer and Entity...
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                It's not got a blessed thing to do with any ship, really. Though it references someone who once had something significant to say about this one (and I guess considering that potato inducing crack on the head she'd owe him, too), so it's *almost* relevant:

It's Not Paranoia

I've written a lot of actual real Sanctuary fics though. That one just.. isn't.. one of them
                I liked it. I think you got Helen's reaction down pat.

Oh! The Horror.

There would be no Sam and Jack without the angst.
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

The other one I'd love is the grand crescendo of the Ship theme finally resolving in happy major tones during the Moebius kissing. (If you ever doubt that Sam & Jack got their resolution, just listen to the music! Even *it* is resolved! )

<Great Big Happy Shippy Sigh> That one paired with the rendition in Entity would be my favoritest combination!

Thanks again! You ROCK!!
                  LOL! Rock? No, I'm just a crazy shipper who loves music.

Moebius will be added to my list. Anyone know any other scenes just let me know.

BTW, I just ripped the Moebius kisses last night and discovered they kiss three times! I totally forgot that. See, I really am a bad shipper.

haha thats true! an angstless Sam and Jack, well, I'm not sure that would even be Sam and Jack anymore!
                  So very true!!

Comment

LOL! Rock? No, I'm just a crazy shipper who loves music.

Moebius will be added to my list. Anyone know any other scenes just let me know.

BTW, I just ripped the Moebius kisses last night and discovered they kiss three times! I totally forgot that. See, I really am a bad shipper.
                    Yes, you do. You ROCK! Crazy Shippers who Love Music ROCK!!!

{Spoken like a true crazy Shipper! }

And how could you forget the Three Kisses of Moebius?!! Just hop on over here if you need a Sam&Jack Kissage Refresher!
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

Oh, the horror!

Although... the only time the Ship was out in the open (well, prior to Resolution, anyway), it was the Angstiest ever! I am referring, of course, to Divide & Conquer and Entity...
                      Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

Oh! The Horror.

There would be no Sam and Jack without the angst.
                      Long live the angst! Until we get resolution, of course.
                      sigpic

Comment

As for Sam being the one behind Jack or so...I could never see that happen. Already in the first episode Sam was written as a strong character, even though they made quite some mistakes with the character in the beginning. IMHO you see that she won't be the one who "pines' for Jack.

I love SG1, and even though I love SGA too and like SGU. SG1 will always be, by far, my number one.
                        sigpic

Comment

I finally get on the thread (the new one, which I found out after reading the countless pages to catch up) and then realized that I have over another 100 pages to catch up on. It will never happen.

Life kind of snuck up on me and then sent me flying. I have been trying to watch Season 9 of SG1. This is my first time and boy, is it different. I miss the Sam and Jack interaction. My next episode to watch is Ripple Effect.

I just want to say a few things about season 9 in my opinion:

1. It isn't SG1 anymore. It is kind of SG1-2()+2()+1( in Beachead)=SG2. Does that make sense?
                          2. Two of the actors who play the new characters (I won't say which ones) are absolutely horrible actors and it is painful to watch.
                          3. I don't mind the plots, it is interesting to see a new evil face. The stories are sill good enough that I can continue to watch, plus there is Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. There are a lot of Daniel episodes now.
                          4. I see Cam and Vala as replacements for Jack. Cam being the military aspect and Vala the comedic side of Jack. It takes two to fill Jack's shoes.
                          5. I love the character of Vala. I know there are a few people here who don't like her, but she actually makes it enjoyable for me.
                          6. You can definitely see a difference in Sam. She seems quieter and more relaxed. You can also catch the hints of a relationship with Jack.
                          7. The action scenes with Cam/BB, and this is a huge pet peeve of mine, are so bad. The man moves like a robot and it just looks forced. He trains with the Sodan for a long time and he still can't fight.

I see that Twilight506 has finished her Professional Boundaries story, so you know where I am going to be the next hour. I need to reread Supposed Crime first to refresh my memory.

Thanks for reading my comments and I hope your new year is starting off to be a great one.

Also, a little OT, but I have recently started watching Phineas and Ferb, after hearing one of the characters (the older sister) say "Whatchadoin'?" Is the writer a fan of Stargate, because you also hear: For crying out loud and I got nothin'. It is like they are channeling Jack through cartoon characters.
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Very cute fic rec:

Don't Think Twice, It's Alright by Regency

Comment

(((Treknik)))

Great points. I especially love #4! Very awesome observation!

I felt much the same my first time watching. I've mellowed since but I still don't have much interest in the last two seasons. Most of the little bit of interest I do have is purely for vidding.

Don't worry about catching up. Sometimes you have to just pick up from where we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                                I finally get on the thread (the new one, which I found out after reading the countless pages to catch up) and then realized that I have over another 100 pages to catch up on. It will never happen.

Life kind of snuck up on me and then sent me flying. I have been trying to watch Season 9 of SG1. This is my first time and boy, is it different. I miss the Sam and Jack interaction. My next episode to watch is Ripple Effect.

I just want to say a few things about season 9 in my opinion:

1. It isn't SG1 anymore. It is kind of SG1-2()+2()+1( in Beachead)=SG2. Does that make sense?
                                2. Two of the actors who play the new characters (I won't say which ones) are absolutely horrible actors and it is painful to watch.
                                3. I don't mind the plots, it is interesting to see a new evil face. The stories are sill good enough that I can continue to watch, plus there is Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. There are a lot of Daniel episodes now.
                                4. I see Cam and Vala as replacements for Jack. Cam being the military aspect and Vala the comedic side of Jack. It takes two to fill Jack's shoes.
                                5. I love the character of Vala. I know there are a few people here who don't like her, but she actually makes it enjoyable for me.
                                6. You can definitely see a difference in Sam. She seems quieter and more relaxed. You can also catch the hints of a relationship with Jack.
                                7. The action scenes with Cam/BB, and this is a huge pet peeve of mine, are so bad. The man moves like a robot and it just looks forced. He trains with the Sodan for a long time and he still can't fight.

I see that Twilight506 has finished her Professional Boundaries story, so you know where I am going to be the next hour. I need to reread Supposed Crime first to refresh my memory.

Thanks for reading my comments and I hope your new year is starting off to be a great one.

Also, a little OT, but I have recently started watching Phineas and Ferb, after hearing one of the characters (the older sister) say "Whatchadoin'?" Is the writer a fan of Stargate, because you also hear: For crying out loud and I got nothin'. It is like they are channeling Jack through cartoon characters.
                                I actually really enjoyed seasons 9 & 10 myself. I missed RDA and it was certainly not the same, but Vala added a sassy side to the show that I think brought out Sam's feminine side a little more (something I wish they'd used Janet more for in seasons 1-7) and I liked Cam too. I felt like Sam and Cam had true brother/sister feel (I never got that vibe from Sam and Daniel - they lacked chemistry IMO and instead seemed to connect more as colleagues/friends than anything). Sam and Cam could have been twins (which is why I find the Cam/Sam pairing a little skeevy). In fact... this gives me a PLOT IDEA... okay well, I'm going to go take a shower, think on that plot idea (just a short one shot) and then write it up...

Yes! I did finish PB I'll be curious to know what you think!

Comment

Working...
                                X