Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    Confession: I don't ever watch vids. Not because I don't want to but because :: hangs head in shame :: I'm afraid hubby will tease me... and he always is playing his music. Sooo I keep telling myself that one day ONE DAY I will watch all these vids... you may shame me now.
    Woman! Are you insane? You haven't watched videos?! When you finally decide to...find your way over to me and I'll rec you some nice angsty ones.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I watched Avatar and Affinity today... If only were written differently *sigh*
      Last edited by yessika; 09 January 2010, 07:34 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

WE WILL GET OUR CONFIRMATION IN MOVIE #3!!!!!

Just making sure you know.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          What the ...? It's not you. YouTube hates me. I tried repeatedly but it didn't take. All it did was boost your view count. Sorry about that. Six of those are me. At least it accepted my rating.

I can't remember everything I said in the first comment I made when I first saw it. I started with "Awwwwwww" is all I remember.
          Add to that:
          I love the voice-over clips.
          The whole video is sweet.
          I never get enough of these two.

THANK YOU!!!

stupidblastedgremlininfested YOUTUBE!!!

If you'll indulge me a little more self-pimpage (thank you Jenn for that really cool phrase!)... One of my favorite aspects of this vid is the voiceovers. There were a couple I couldn't quite make work because the underscoring from the ep clashed horribly with the soundtrack for the vid... and I couldn't find the right filters to scrub the ep underscore, soooo... the mute button was the only option left.

The other parts for which I really really liked the final outcome were the clips from Entity with Jack at Sam's bedside after shooting her which crossfaded into Sam waking up in the infirmary and calling out for Jack at the end of Grace, with the underscoring lyrics "After all, what else is living for?" And... to the words "We keep coming back to these two hearts", I managed this really cool series of splices from the Metamorphosis snuggle into the Beneath the Surface snuggle and back to Metamorphosis. It gives me goosebumps every time.

Okay, self=pimpage over. Back to the non-narcissistic Shipping!

Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            THANK YOU!!!

stupidblastedgremlininfested YOUTUBE!!!

If you'll indulge me a little more self-pimpage (thank you Jenn for that really cool phrase!)... One of my favorite aspects of this vid is the voiceovers. There were a couple I couldn't quite make work because the underscoring from the ep clashed horribly with the soundtrack for the vid... and I couldn't find the right filters to scrub the ep underscore, soooo... the mute button was the only option left.

The other parts for which I really really liked the final outcome were the clips from Entity with Jack at Sam's bedside after shooting her which crossfaded into Sam waking up in the infirmary and calling out for Jack at the end of Grace, with the underscoring lyrics "After all, what else is living for?" And... to the words "We keep coming back to these two hearts", I managed this really cool series of splices from the Metamorphosis snuggle into the Beneath the Surface snuggle and back to Metamorphosis. It gives me goosebumps every time.

Okay, self=pimpage over. Back to the non-narcissistic Shipping!

One day, when my husband is not here, I will watch your vid and I'm sure I will love it!!!!! Go for self-pimping. So long as it's not self-pimpling cuz that's just cruel...

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
              I watched Avatar and Affinity today... If only were written differently *sigh*
              After Assininity Affinity first aired, I was utterly devastated, I tell you.

And then I went on a clip-viewing binge. The Lab Scene. I watched that clip over. and over. and over. and over. and over. Every day for weeks on end. I just could not wrap my mind around how Sam could go from that conversation to accepting Mr. Spudly's proposal.

To be honest... I still don't get it.

She throws out every feeble excuse in the book, which Jack graciously deflects, before she finally gets around to the *real* heart of the matter.

"What about you? If things had been different..."

She was practically begging him to give her a reason to say no.

"I wouldn't be here."

Okay, yes, that was just about the most cryptic answer the man could have given her. But, unlike so many opinions I've read here, I never once (well, until seeing the idea here) got the impression he was referring to Charlie.

If things had been different... he wouldn't be *here* watching the woman he loves slip right through his fingers into the waiting arms of another believing that there isn't a damn thing he can do about it.

But that's just the way I see it. I'm telling you, these ultra-saturated rosy Shipper glasses are well worth the virtual price!
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                WE WILL GET OUR CONFIRMATION IN MOVIE #3!!!!!

Just making sure you know.
                i agree!!

~knows the day will be cherished and remembered in history. shippers old and new will celebrate it's day. shippers not born yet will be born squeeing in shipper glee. world peace, s/j confirmation, lower priced starbucks drinks... what more is there?~
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i agree!!

~knows the day will be cherished and remembered in history. shippers old and new will celebrate it's day. shippers not born yet will be born squeeing in shipper glee. world peace, s/j confirmation, lower priced starbucks drinks... what more is there?~
                  So true... I even know a Shipper not born yet (Almost, my nephew's due any day.)
                  And while I don't drink coffee, lower prices are always good.

LONG LIVE THE SHIP!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

And then I went on a clip-viewing binge. The Lab Scene. I watched that clip over. and over. and over. and over. and over. Every day for weeks on end. I just could not wrap my mind around how Sam could go from that conversation to accepting Mr. Spudly's proposal.

She throws out every feeble excuse in the book, which Jack graciously deflects, before she finally gets around to the *real* heart of the matter.

"I wouldn't be here."

Okay, yes, that was just about the most cryptic answer the man could have given her. But, unlike so many opinions I've read here, I never once (well, until seeing the idea here) got the impression he was referring to Charlie.

If things had been different... he wouldn't be *here* watching the woman he loves slip right through his fingers into the waiting arms of another believing that there isn't a damn thing he can do about it.

But that's just the way I see it. I'm telling you, these ultra-saturated rosy Shipper glasses are well worth the virtual price!
                    I just popped in here to check out the conversation, read that and i had to share that until i read that, it had never even occured to me that Jack could have been talking about Charlie. I had always just figured he was cryptically saying that if things were different he wouldnt be standing around watching Sam slip off and thinking he couldnt do anything about it! haha i guess im just a shipper like that
                    sigpic
                    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

"I wouldn't be here."

We've talked about it before, but one of the things I feel is at play with Sam is her lack of self-confidence. There's such a different way that she holds herself from S. 1-8 and then 9 going forward. They don't touch on it much but I have to also wonder if Pete wasn't also the opposite of JONAS. (this is why I have issues with Pete being written as an abuser, because I think while Pete was definitely the opposite of Jack - he was also the opposite of Jonas).

Think about it - she dated a guy that while we have no idea if he was physically abusive was probably at least emotionally abusive, super controlling or both. That had to have done SOMETHING to her self-esteem. Pete was the opposite of all that... and I think the guy she thought she SHOULD want. Available, nice, stable, smart, funny, cute, romantic... but he wasn't Jack. The man she really wanted. *sigh* So angsty.

Comment

"I wouldn't be here."

Yep I don't get how she said yes to after that conversation with Jack either.

I think I have a pair of those glasses 'cause I thought the same thing

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                        I just popped in here to check out the conversation, read that and i had to share that until i read that, it had never even occured to me that Jack could have been talking about Charlie. I had always just figured he was cryptically saying that if things were different he wouldnt be standing around watching Sam slip off and thinking he couldnt do anything about it! haha i guess im just a shipper like that
                        Same here
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

{{snipped}}

"I wouldn't be here."

{{snipped}}
                          My first reaction to the scene was, well, a super, colossal hissy fit. Thank goodness for my hubby though. He sees ship everywhere and, after I calmed down, he explained his take on the question and answer.

If we would have talked and addressed our feelings for each other instead of leaving them in the room and burying everything after that.

"I wouldn't be here."
                          I would have retired or transferred out of your chain of command and that ring would have been from me.

We've talked about it before, but one of the things I feel is at play with Sam is her lack of self-confidence. There's such a different way that she holds herself from S. 1-8 and then 9 going forward. They don't touch on it much but I have to also wonder if Pete wasn't also the opposite of JONAS. (this is why I have issues with Pete being written as an abuser, because I think while Pete was definitely the opposite of Jack - he was also the opposite of Jonas).

Think about it - she dated a guy that while we have no idea if he was physically abusive was probably at least emotionally abusive, super controlling or both. That had to have done SOMETHING to her self-esteem. Pete was the opposite of all that... and I think the guy she thought she SHOULD want. Available, nice, stable, smart, funny, cute, romantic... but he wasn't Jack. The man she really wanted. *sigh* So angsty.
                          Jonas Hanson was definitely emotionally abusive. The scene where Sam is pointing the gun at him and he's taunting her is all about that.

Comment

Oops, I forgot to type up the other part of my response!

I don't know if others have the same feeling about this as me so if I apologize if I'm parroting anyone.

Why did Sam accept Pete's proposal?
                            It has to do with Sam's perception of Jack as being a "safe bet." She didn't trust her feelings to be real. Maybe she felt about Jack the way she did only because she knew they couldn't be together and that way if/when it didn't work out she wouldn't be hurt. She wasn't willing to make Jack give up his career for a "maybe" which, to her, was more of a "probably."

Comment

I think Sam's conversation with Daniel and Teal'c in Daniel's lab in Affinity explains why she accepted Pete's proposal. I believe she'd convinced herself Jack was a sort of unattainable and unrealistic 'romantic ideal' and that, as he didn't love her anymore (she hadn't seen what we'd seen) she was willing to 'settle' for at least happiness and security and 'normalcy' with Pete.

Which I go into more detail in my fic Fear, the reason I wrote it being, really, to clarify Sam's journey through S7 and S8 for myself as well as anyone else who agreed with me

Comment

Confession: I don't ever watch vids. Not because I don't want to but because :: hangs head in shame :: I'm afraid hubby will tease me... and he always is playing his music. Sooo I keep telling myself that one day ONE DAY I will watch all these vids... you may shame me now.
                                You broke my little vidder heart!!!
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X