Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    I love that!!! I love that scene. And look at all that pretty green. May I use it? Please, pretty please?
    Snurch away, m'dear!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Three pics thumbnailed because I didn't resize them on upload.

Looking stunned when they determine it's Anubis

Looking up to Jack, her jaw never moved, like she's in shock

Her eyes get wide and she's tense right before she says "We're too late."
      Then she sighs and her shoulders drop.
      Last edited by UhSir; 08 January 2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
        Interesting. I've always seen it as Sam compartmentalizing right there. Although, I just took a look at it now, and when she says "We're too late," the way she looks at Jack is rather desperately screaming, "Please fix this Jack because this time I can't!"
        See, I think it's one of the few times we see Sam unable to compartmentalize. She doesn't maintain her cool and calm but actually does get just a bit paniced throughout that scene. It's one of the first times I really think we see her thinking, "I don't want to die."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          I'm writing this literally with tears still on my cheeks *huggles PdL the King of Angstiness*

And.. where was I? Oh.. yes..

Speaking of PdL (whose also apparently the King of Gutter but you probably knew that):
          Well.. On that, we're pretty much in agreement

That scene in Moebius (as well as the different in their attitudes towards each other even in the conference room at the end of Threads is, frankly, why I don't believe they waited until they were at the cabin. For anything, frankly. In fact, how it happens in my Bridge story - and for much the same reasons - is pretty much how I think it happened. Because if you think about the decisions I think they'd reached by the Always scene, and then quite nearly dying in the Control Room, and the looks the exchange.. then the gazes and how distracting they're finding each other in the end conference room.. I'm convinced it happened sometime between the two.

That's my world and I'm living in it.
          Got to agree! Though I love the fanfic stories of consummation at the cabin, the way Jack and Sam were acting so familiar at the end of Threads, they definitely had taken the relationship "outside the room" already.
          sigpic

Comment

Fishing/Threads/Moebius...

I think I'm probably one of the minority but I don't think anything physical happened between them in Threads. I think they got back on the same page about their feelings with the Always scene, and I do think they both *knew* at that point that *they* were together and something was going to have to be worked out professionally...but more than that? Nope. I can't see it. I still UST in the conference room scene - and in the fishing scene at the end. I tend to the view that they didn't screw the regs for many reasons (primarily to do with the fact that Sam had just been through a heck of a lot with her Dad dying and breaking her engagement and I think despite knowing that life is short, Sam as a character would still need time to process that) although there may have been hugs, kisses and promises. For me, Threads is the suggestion that they will get together not that they have: there is no fish.

At the opening of Moebius, I think they're in the process of working things out - together as a couple very much in thought and who are effectively 'dating' each other in their downtime because the solution for them either worked out already or is in the progress of being worked out - certainly everything is known, above board and they're *legal*.

However, then they go back in time.

At the end of Moebius, with the ZPM scene (and how much do I love the Italian version!) I do see a couple who are a lot more open about the fact that they are *together*. For me, one of the subtle changes in the restored timeline is that whatever has happened to enable them to be together in terms of a solution for the regs, has come into play *much* quicker than in the previous timeline, and that's allowed them to get together much quicker. So, by the time we see them at the cabin, it's very obvious that they're *together*. (Indeed, I see the cabin trip in Moebius being the 'goodbye to SG1, we're off to other assignments' trip). For me, Moebius is the statement they are together; there is a fish.

As I may have mentioned before; for me there's also Jack's body language in the two scenes: in Threads, he's relaxed but still closed (legs crossed); in Moebius is so relaxed and open that it suggests that he's literally dragged himself out of bed with Sam for them to be somewhere else when Daniel and Teal'c show up.
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

On Threads/Moebius/When-they-finally-turned-that-pesky-U-into-R thing: Initially I always thought they waited until they got to the cabin, but over time I've come round to [b]Jenn'/b]s point of view, for all the reason's she's already set out (though, like Trupi, I do like the first time at the cabin fics ). However, to pick up on one of Rachel's points:

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

As I may have mentioned before; for me there's also Jack's body language in the two scenes: in Threads, he's relaxed but still closed (legs crossed); in Moebius is so relaxed and open that it suggests that he's literally dragged himself out of bed with Sam for them to be somewhere else when Daniel and Teal'c show up.
              The change in body language is very significant, I agree, and I think is meant to signify exactly what you say it does. However because of the time travel only one of these two scenes actually happens to our Sam and Jack, the other is an alternate. So in one timeline you have the Threads fishing, which is still as you say very much UST, followed by the first part of Moebius (definitely RST), and in the other, you have Moebius packing and fishing, both very much RST. So I guess you could say that in one timeline Sam and Jack do wait until they're at the cabin, and in the other, they don't - in which case we're both right It just depends which Sam and Jack you view as ours - the first one or the second. Given the fact that the first one end up dying in Egypt, I think most of us would go with the second, and, as I know Jenn does in her DVD version, replace the Threads fishing scene with the Moebius one to keep our timeline consistent

And while I'm here, any more votes for the episode of the week? You've got about another hour before I call it
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

1) Point of no Return (1)
                2) Tangent (1)
                3) The Serpent's Venom (5)
                sigpic

Comment

The problem I've always had with Moebius is that this time trip erased all events from past 8 years and now I see people who are not the same Sam and Jack. If there is a fish in Jack's pond what else is different? When Jack sees the recording of himself describing his reality, he says: close enough! Well, that's not what I want to hear. Even if they worked their relationship out faster and went for fishing before fishing, I still would prefer version of events from before Moebius. If you think about it Sam and Jack that we came to know for 8 years in now nothing than fossils in Egypt! I know there are some people (not shippers) who decided to think that Moebius never happened only for that reason.

What I usually do, when want to re-watch this show, is to forget about all I've just written here. Than I can simply enjoy it. Imo it is a good show, after all, very shippy

sigpic

Comment

Announcing...
                    EPISODE OF THE WEEK
                    The Serpent's Venom

sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                      The problem I've always had with Moebius is that this time trip erased all events from past 8 years and now I see people who are not the same Sam and Jack. If there is a fish in Jack's pond what else is different? When Jack sees the recording of himself describing his reality, he says: close enough! Well, that's not what I want to hear. Even if they worked their relationship out faster and went for fishing before fishing, I still would prefer version of events from before Moebius. If you think about it Sam and Jack that we came to know for 8 years in now nothing than fossils in Egypt! I know there are some people (not shippers) who decided to think that Moebius never happened only for that reason.

What I usually do, when want to re-watch this show, is to forget about all I've just written here. Than I can simply enjoy it. Imo it is a good show, after all, very shippy

I think you have to take Moebius in a very similar vein as 200. When they get to the end and there's fish it's sort of a "ha ha Jack" moment (because he's like... if I say yes...) - so we just trust TPTB that it's the only thing different - Jack's line at the end is a nod to "The Simpsons" there's an episode where they travel back in time (and I think they work on trying to fix it) and then it finally looks normal and then snake tongue shoot out the family's mouth and Homer says "Close enough". I think the point was for TPTB to write a fun episode and essentially "put them all back" at the end but with a little bit of a wink and a nod.

Comment

Ok, now I understand why some people have issues with Moebius
                        I have been around time traveling stories to long so I just assume that when the timeline is fixed everything is the same
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

The problem I've always had with Moebius is that this time trip erased all events from past 8 years and now I see people who are not the same Sam and Jack.
                          I haven't listened to it in a while but I'm fairly certain that in the commentary for Moebius, PDL says that it is in fact the original SG-1 we are seeing in the last shot and that the fish was just a little joke. He seems a bit amused that people would assume otherwise. That people would think TPTB would just casually get rid of original SG-1 and continue foward with some new version of them.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            <snip>

So I guess you could say that in one timeline Sam and Jack do wait until they're at the cabin, and in the other, they don't - in which case we're both right It just depends which Sam and Jack you view as ours - the first one or the second. Given the fact that the first one end up dying in Egypt, I think most of us would go with the second, and, as I know Jenn does in her DVD version, replace the Threads fishing scene with the Moebius one to keep our timeline consistent
                            I think that in a nutshell is the key nub of the issue for me.

Because I do consider that the Sam/Jack we watch *now* is not quite the exact same Sam/Jack that we watched S1to S8 Threads.

I believe the same things happened to them; they experienced the same things, feelings developed the same way, events unfolded the same - they're still a different Sam and Jack for me - because the events of the fishing trip *changed* in our timeline and we see the change because we see it happen in the original timeline, and then we see it happen again with the changes very apparent in the restored timeline.

Now the way I live with Moebius is to assume that the only changes that occured was that Jack's pond got a fish and that meant that things changed for the better for them; that it allowed Sam and Jack to be together sooner, made their relationship even more certain.

Are Moebius our Sam and Jack now? Yes. (So in essence do I believe our Sam and Jack *now* got physical before the cabin - possibly if not before the cabin certaintly at the cabin).

And they're the Sam/Jack we've followed since then (right up until Continuum caused another reset) where again the Sam/Jack that end in Continuum are a reset version (same events, same stuff, just that in this newly restored timeline Jack doesn't die - ie events are again changed for the better).
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

One could say that since there are fish in the pond, they finally "caught" each other when "fishing"... before his "pond" had no "fish" but now it does.

And by "caught" I mean something... well you know
                              and by "fishing" I mean... well you know that too
                              and by "pond" I mean "bed"
                              and by "fish" I mean "Sam"

O.O

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                                And they're the Sam/Jack we've followed since then (right up until Continuum caused another reset) where again the Sam/Jack that end in Continuum are a reset version (same events, same stuff, just that in this newly restored timeline Jack doesn't die - ie events are again changed for the better).
                                You forgot the Unending Sam...

*head hurts*

EDIT: And the Last Man Sam

*head explodes*

Comment

Working...
                                X