Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

But this is the Italian version:

CARTER: OK, vado a portare questa cosa al lab...

O'NEILL: No! Ci vado io. Quel laboratorio è pieno di scemi che non vedono l’ora di mettere le mani sulla MIA DONNA. Tu prepara i bagagli

In English, it sounds about in this way:

CARTER: OK, I'm gonna get this up to the lab..

O'NEILL: No! I'll take it. That laboratory is full of idiots who can not wait to get their hands on MY WOMAN. You've got packin' to do!

God Bless the Italians!!!

Those are my people too! (Well, a couple of them, anyway. Got a great-great grandmother who came here straight from Italy! Funny part is, I've always blamed the Italian in me for my Gutter-dwellin' tendencies... not so far off the mark, huh! )
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      God Bless the Italians!!!
      ahah!
      I've just remembered that in in the Italian version of Solitudes, Jack whispers "SAM" not "Sara" !!!!

ok, the dubbers are definitely shipper!!!
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        <snip>I was discussing that elsewhere just yesterday, actually, after having rewatched Point of View because, while there are obvious parallels throughout Continuum to PoV in what our guys go through in that timeline to what AU Sam went through in PoV, there is a very specific one right there. If you recall, in PoV when Jack first walks into the infirmary and sees Dr. Carter in the bed, she gets that same look of excitement and hope which is, also, quickly crushed when he speaks to her afterwards she says, "It's not the same between us here, is it?" Even though, as with Sam in Continuum, that Sam knew intellectually and rationally it *couldn't* really be her Jack, on a purely emotional instinctive level she still *reacted* to him as though he were. Which I think is such a *real* reaction - because *every* sense would be screaming it *was* him and I do think that would overcome internal logic. At least momentarily.

Of course, it also speaks to just how emotional Sam really is, beneath the soldier and scientist she shows the world most of the time...I also think it's interesting that, upon learning Charlie is dead, Sam immediately gives up and *knows* it's not her Jack and never can be. By then, I think Sam knows Jack intimately enough - not simply his history but the *effect* that had on him - to know that means he is solidly NOT her Jack.

I believe this is also reflected in the hangar scene with Landry. Not only does Sam seem more emotionally distraught than the other two (Daniel is EATING FCOL and Cam seems almost coldly rational) in that scene, but when Landry questions their right to change the timeline, I get a sense that Sam - more than the boys - almost immediately sees his point and that a part of her agrees. I like to think that's because Charlie is still alive... Because while she doesn't have Jack, that Jack also never experienced the incredible trauma of Charlie's death or the destruction which happened in its wake so it's easier for her to understand on an emotional level how some things in that timeline really are better... This?:
        http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...JF/SamJack.jpg
        As I've said before, we know from other incidents which I won't burn your eyes out with again that this is Flirting!Sam.. not Geek!Sam Further proof it ain't bases on the moon she's actually excited about. See, I think that's as much a Jackism as it is a Jacobism, cause I can absolutely hear Jacob saying it, too (think of their conversation in Enemies, for example) and I think is as much proof that, since Threads, Sam has become more relaxed and more *herself* than anything else. That self, though of course, also means letting herself be with Jack at last

Though you are right, too, because I think in a lot of ways Jack and Jacob are a lot alike (which is probably one of the reasons Jack and Sam are attracted to each other in the first place... er... not simply that he's like her father in any kind of Freudian way but because she's a lot like Jacob herself as Hammond observed in Tok'ra).

I do think, though, Sam's earlier line during the interview: "I don't give a rat's ass" is a pure Jackism and is not something I can hear Jacob Carter saying at all

*happy sigh*
        Great post, as ever Just wanted to pick up on that line in the context of what you were saying about Continuum having so many parallels to PoV, because for me, that was the line that made me prick my ears up and start noticing said parallels - it's delivered in just the same way as AU!Sam's FCOL in PoV, and so I've always found it one of the shippiest moments. Because not only are we seeing Sam come out with Jackisms, but we have already been conditioned to see that as a sign they are together. Which is why I adore AU episodes, personally, at least up to the point where our Sam and Jack do get together (not so fond of them after that ), because they tell us so much about how our Sam and Jack could/will be, and in hindsight every one of those things has been proven right

Oh! Oh!

And before I go off and start playing WoW (I'm working the next five nocturnal shifts at work and so am adjusting my schedule), I wanted to share an insight a friend had yesterday while watching Threads. In the scene at the beginning in the commissary between Jacob and Sam, when she asks what he thinks of Pete, Jacob answers, "I know how happy he makes you," which is very interesting phraseology. The 'normal' way to say that would be: "I know he makes you happy." But, see, Jacob doesn't say *that*. And why? Jacob doesn't *mean* that. Because Pete doesn't make Sam happy... And Jacob knows it. That's how happy Pete makes Sam - Not happy at all.

<snip>

Mhmmm.. Gangst for breakfast. Yum!
        Ohhh nice catch!

Ok, I found it.
        When I heard that phrase I was sooooo shocked!!!
        But then, when I watched Moebius in English I discovered that the dialogue was different!

So in the original version there is nothing of special:

(Sam reaches for the Z.P.M. box.)

CARTER: OK, I'm gonna get this up to the lab for analysis.

O'NEILL: No! I'll take it. (He picks up the box.) There's a whole room full of geeks up there just dyin' to get their hands on this. You've got packin' to do! (He walks away as Sam smiles.)

But this is the Italian version:

CARTER: OK, vado a portare questa cosa al lab...

O'NEILL: No! Ci vado io. Quel laboratorio è pieno di scemi che non vedono l’ora di mettere le mani sulla MIA DONNA. Tu prepara i bagagli

In English, it sounds about in this way:

CARTER: OK, I'm gonna get this up to the lab..

O'NEILL: No! I'll take it. That laboratory is full of idiots who can not wait to get their hands on MY WOMAN. You've got packin' to do!

There is a LOTTTTTTTT of difference!!!
        So I was thinking that I should invite the responsible for dubbing in this thread!
        Wow! Sweet!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

EPISODE OF THE WEEK

Each week we will post 3 episodes. Please vote for the episode of your choice by Quoting the last voting post, removing the "quote" tags, and adding your vote to the episode of your choice. Voting closes on Saturday at 1200 GMT. The Episode of the Week will be announced Saturday and open for discussion all week long. Commentary, caps, artwork, poetry and any other creative expression relative to the episode is welcomed and encouraged! The purpose of this is to have fun and hopefully further our enjoyment of the wonderful relationship that is Sam and Jack.

The episodes up for consideration this week are:

1) Point of no Return (0)
          2) Tangent (0)
          3) The Serpent's Venom (0)
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

EPISODE OF THE WEEK

Each week we will post 3 episodes. Please vote for the episode of your choice by Quoting the last voting post, removing the "quote" tags, and adding your vote to the episode of your choice. Voting closes on Saturday at 1200 GMT. The Episode of the Week will be announced Saturday and open for discussion all week long. Commentary, caps, artwork, poetry and any other creative expression relative to the episode is welcomed and encouraged! The purpose of this is to have fun and hopefully further our enjoyment of the wonderful relationship that is Sam and Jack.

1) Point of no Return (1)
            2) Tangent (0)
            3) The Serpent's Venom (0)
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

EPISODE OF THE WEEK

2) Tangent (0)
              3) The Serpent's Venom (1)
              sigpic

Comment

2) Tangent (1)
                3) The Serpent's Venom (1)
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Before I discovered fic, I had dreams. Missing scenes dreams. Ep tag dreams. AU dreams. Even the occasional full-original-episode dreams (complete with commercial breaks, because yes, I am that much of a geek).

Thank God for Fic!!!
                  OMG!! Me too.. complete with commercials. So glad I'm not alone... Half the time they don't make sense, but often some of the ideas get incorporated into fics. Short Stuff was almost entirely based off a dream I had (only changed a bit too make sense, but the basic concept was straight from a dream)

And before I started writing them down, they'd haunt me for weeks *sigh*

Comment

In their defense, that is the way he's looking at her and acting... Because essentially that's what he *is* saying. So I can understand the dubbers making that mistake. Seriously.

Comment

OMG!! Me too.. complete with commercials. So glad I'm not alone... Half the time they don't make sense, but often some of the ideas get incorporated into fics. Short Stuff was almost entirely based off a dream I had (only changed a bit too make sense, but the basic concept was straight from a dream)

Yup same here...or a lot of times something will come to me right before I drift off. Like that few minutes where you're half awake and half asleep..when you're most vulnerable...that's when the plot bunnies look all cute and innocent!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

2) Tangent (1)
                        3) The Serpent's Venom (2)

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Wow! Seriously! Someone is a shipper!
                          Seriously!!!!!

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Married!!!

I LOVE MOEBIUS! And all other AU's, too. (Except that one where Sam and McKay were divorced. WTF?!?)
                          At least they were divorced. Perhaps McKay was a Pete version in that Universe, cause we know Sam and Pete would have ended in divorce also

ahah!
                          I've just remembered that in in the Italian version of Solitudes, Jack whispers "SAM" not "Sara" !!!!

ok, the dubbers are definitely shipper!!!
                          The ship influence reaches far and wide don't it
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Same here!

Dreamin' up Fic OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            In fact, that's still how most of my fics develop--a dream, usually beginning as I'm trying to fall asleep (I'm an insomniac about two-thirds of the year, so this can be a lengthy process), and more often than not continuing into full-blown lucid-dreaming as I slowly wake up in the late morning hours (somebody once told me Saturday has a morning, but I remain unconvinced... ).

And then the dream-story will haunt me. And haunt me. And haunt me. Until I finally cave in and hit the keyboard fast and furious. I'm not yet quite as fast as I used to be at the height of my Stargate fic-writing, but I did manage to crank out today's 2300-ish word story in about an hour. Used to be, I could do almost twice that. S'pose I should be writing more...

But the commercials-in-the-dream thing... Cannot tell you how relieved I am that I'm not the only one!!!
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

I wish I could dream happy S/J dreams Instead I end up hanging out with AT discussing S/J before we're chased by crazy people trying to kill us. I think AT got away. I however continued to run away from bad guys.

O.o I think this is where my Sam/Ba'al fic comes into play. I am one disturbed human bean.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                                I wish I could dream happy S/J dreams Instead I end up hanging out with AT discussing S/J before we're chased by crazy people trying to kill us. I think AT got away. I however continued to run away from bad guys.

O.o I think this is where my Sam/Ba'al fic comes into play. I am one disturbed human bean.
                                *nods* Yes, you are one disturbed human bean. But it's part of your charm.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X