X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yessika View Post
    Yes but today you were visiting the gutter, I miss you already
    Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    Yessika - I would call myself a gangster but that just sounds... odd. LOL Don't worry. I love my gutter

The best thing about the Gutter.... It's EVERYWHERE!!! Angsty Gutter, Fluffy Gutter, Guttery Gutter! It's all about the Gutter!

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    checking out
    I don't know of any. Unless if you want to count that bit in Hathor?t the time.
    Yeah, I was having a hard time recalling any moments with Sam checking out Jack... But I did manage to scrape up a couple, though I may be stretching things a bit... Like the ep (gah! anyone remember the name?) where Sam is following Jack up the stairs to the jet they're about to board--they were wearing those cool spacey silver suits.

Another one subject to interpretation I found was in 2001, when Jack's giving Joe grief over his shoes, Sam's standing right behind him, and... well, she definitely glances downward, so... I'm counting it.

And in Avenger, just before the smoke test, Jack reaches out for those funky goggles, and once again, Sam sneaks a peak due south behind Jack.

And we musn't forget the neck PrOn in the video in Moebius!

I've got a sinking feeling, though, that I'm just gonna have to knuckle down and go through another Shippy rewatch if I want to find all of them. The List of the Shippiest Moments Ever is awesome, but it doesn't seem to have all those moments in it. Some, but there are a couple on my list that aren't mentioned there. <le sigh> Oh, the hard-Ship!

Warning: Woman on a

I'm the same about it though. As far as I'm concerned, the show ended with Threads. I'm still not even impressed with Continuum. I've been to the shipper discussion thread and gone over it repeatedly but I just cannot accept this movie. I know I'm the only one who thinks this but I can't help it. Continuum is basically just a rehash of the same lame idea they called Moebius with all humor and levity removed. Even the little bits at the beginning and end aren't funny or cute to me.

Even though I don't "count" Moebius, sure it was fun (who doesn't like Geeky!Sam) and there's lots of good ole Jack but did it do anything for the show? Nada. Oh wait, they got the power gizmo thing, for the life of me I can't think of its name. Whoopie! In the early days of SG-1 they (TPTB) would have come up with a real scifi story way of getting it. Time travel and alternate reality is just plain lazy story-telling.

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully beg to differ with you regarding those last lines...

I absolutely adore Alternate Realities/Universes and Time Travel. Having written a tale or two myself dealing with those theories, I can say without hesitation that writing those types of storylines is anything but easy. And what could possibly be *more* sci-fi than parallel dimensions and time hopping? I mean, these days, we've turned so much science fiction into science fact that what remains sci fi currently are some pretty wild ideas that the human race is undoubtedly many, many generations away from turning into reality.

What I like most about these two concepts is that the possibilities are endless. I know, though, that there are many folks who are turned off by AU/time travel because the writers of such tails almost never fail to leave unexplained paradoxes in their wake, and that ,I will openly admit, is sometimes due to lazy writing. But more often than not, it's a case of oversight in the process of juggling all the many details that must be considered--the differences that 'created' the AU, the consequences of altering the past through time travel. It's some heady stuff, let me tell you. Even multi-doctoral astrophysics genius theories are subject to letting the odd detail slip through the cracks.

I do agree with your objection to Moebius, though. It really didn't do anything in the way of character development--not for *Our* characters, anyway. They learned absolutely nothing about the consequences of altering the past, and the only thing they gained from the experience was a little piece of alien technology. Whoopty woo. Still, it was a fun ride, entertaining to watch, and we got a great set of kisses complete with flying sparks and the grand crescendo of the Shipper theme, which, for the first time in the series, doesn't come across dripping with Angst -- the melody was finally resolved in uplifting major tones, just like the Ship.

Wow. You thought you were on a soap box? Well I stole the whole darn pallet!
    Last edited by BrenRen; 07 January 2010, 12:20 PM.
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      Stop you from writing??????

NEVER!!!!!
      It's for the Day of Indulgence. I'm indulging in something I've wanted to write for a while but haven't really thought about b/c it seemed a little... out there... but that's what the Day of Indulgence is all about! And my plot line features a Ba'al/Sam plotline... but it ends S/J... And Jann is all up in arms about it!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        {{snipped}}
        It's a good movie. It really is. I just don't like that in the end it was all a big cheat.

*has hope for Stargate: Resolution Revolution*
        I agree. It is a good movie, but only if I watch it from an unvested point-of-view. Fortunately I can do that and I see the fabulous acting, directing and camera (et.al.) work. Unfortunately the story still sucks hind tit!

*sigh* Maybe I should vent my frustration by making an angsty video.

Comment

GUTTER SPAM!!!

Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

Spoilered for INTENSE gutter...

Spoiler:

"I'll have you know that I have a perfectly FINE fishing rod!"

"Besides, it's really about how you use it, isn't that right sir?"

Comment

Even though I don't "count" Moebius, sure it was fun (who doesn't like Geeky!Sam) and there's lots of good ole Jack but did it do anything for the show? Nada. Oh wait, they got the power gizmo thing, for the life of me I can't think of its name. Whoopie! In the early days of SG-1 they (TPTB) would have come up with a real scifi story way of getting it. Time travel and alternate reality is just plain lazy story-telling.

After Threads, I was disappointed by Moebius as well. I don't feel it furthered the show much at the end. There could have been a much better adventure of retreiving the ZPM. It was cute to see what would have happened if the program hadn't existed, but, I wanted more. It really didn't do a thing for me.

I don't enjoy Time Travel stories because they're writing cop-outs. They allow the writer to mess with characters/kill them off, because, when all its said and done, it'll all be POOF Ok in the end. Meh. Once or twice is ok but to rely on it smacks of a lack of fun ideas.

I'm not sure I agree that its 'lazy' storytelling because writing a story that makes sense and involves time travel takes a good deal of talent. I've not yet read a time travel fic that's made much sense to me in a first reading. So - I give what little kudo's I'm willing to the writers who wrote those episodes, because they're tough. But - I still feel they're overdone cop-outs that allow for the writers to do to characters things they couldn't or weren't willing to do to the characters otherwise.

So - by the time we get to Continuum, I was a bit disappointed that it was a Cam-fest yet ANOTHER Time Travel story. I felt it was a cop-out, even though I enjoyed it for what it was.

Go vote for your to ten SG-1 episodes!: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...8&goto=newpost
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I completely agree, and that's why I wasn't as excited as I could have been for the movie. After I heard that Jack died and Daniel lost his leg and all of those other big spoilers that I should have stayed away from, I figured that the only way to end the movie would be a timeline reset, otherwise they'd have a fan uprising on their hands.

But the way I figure it, what good is a movie where all of this great action happens, but at the end of the day, it has absolutely no effect on *our* characters at all. *Our* Sam (or at least the one at the end of Continuum) doesn't feel the pain of living without Jack. Unless you write a fic that takes place during the time they were in the alternate timeline, it basically doesn't exist. There's no permanant character development. For all intents and purposes, our SG-1 listened to singing Tok'ra for three hours and then went home.

*end rant*

It's a good movie. It really is. I just don't like that in the end it was all a big cheat.

*has hope for Stargate: Resolution Revolution*
                Oh, has the third movie been given a working title? That would give me a little more hope that we'll actually see it!
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Yeah.

Can't you just see her lying in bed with Jack telling him that she punched Baal.

I'm sure Jack was very proud and rewarded her well
                  Good Jack. He must reward his wife very well...with...fishing...

I love that punch SO AWESOME...

But I'm still going to write it. TRY AND STOP ME mwhahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahaha...

:: cough cough ::
                  You dared me

*grabs shotgun and her attack dog*

<grin>

Told ya.

It's for the Day of Indulgence. I'm indulging in something I've wanted to write for a while but haven't really thought about b/c it seemed a little... out there... but that's what the Day of Indulgence is all about! And my plot line features a Ba'al/Sam plotline... but it ends S/J... And Jann is all up in arms about it!
                  *uses beating stick*

You know that this...idea is making me very violent. While I'm a very peaceful person. You're such a bad influence on me

So...someone got a nice S/J quiz? Question? Something else?

Gutter is good too...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Question since I was thinking about Continuum.

Say that Jack was never killed by Ba'al. He and SG-1 ran to the 'gate and came through to the alternate timeline. Would he and Sam have been allowed to stay together if they were dating/engaged/married, or would they have been split up like the others?
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Hey. I'm up to any good fic that ends with S/J regardless of how it begins.

Take the plunge. It'll be interesting to write it I think and we'll try to keep Starlover/Jann at bay **activates Zat in Teal'c fashion**

Good Jack. He must reward his wife very well...with...fishing...

You dared me

*grabs shotgun and her attack dog*

<grin>

Told ya.

*uses beating stick*

You know that this...idea is making me very violent. While I'm a very peaceful person. You're such a bad influence on me

Gutter is good too...
                      Yes he does that well ya know.

Question?

Question?

Hmm. It's been a while since I posted one. I'll have to get my shippy imagination back in gear.

Perhaps I've been off the thread too long.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Yeah.

Can't you just see her lying in bed with Jack telling him that she punched Baal.

I'm sure Jack was very proud and rewarded her well
                        Now, I can just imagine her not telling Jack and someone else *Cameron - cough* blurting it out some time later...

*watching the plot bunnies hopping madly and ignores them*

Comment

Question since I was thinking about Continuum.

Say that Jack was never killed by Ba'al. He and SG-1 ran to the 'gate and came through to the alternate timeline. Would he and Sam have been allowed to stay together if they were dating/engaged/married, or would they have been split up like the others?
                          I think they still would have been split up. Since together they were a risk to the society there. If Sam and Jack were together and both knew that they were soldiers then they would have been split for sure; I mean a General and a Colonel are high ranks so two together could be a risk...certainly when it comes to something this big.

I do think that S/J would have done everything to be together again...or make sure that they would have completed their mission.

also another thing is that they would have met the other Jack, what kind of influence would he have had seeing his duplicate. They must have known that in some way they are the same and share the same values. Would this other Jack have thought that these people were telling them the truth and thus would helped them? I mean you don't know what happened in Irac that caused some traumas to Jack.(both of them since that IMHO couldn't have changed in the timeline since it was before the SG project and Ba'al can't have had that big of an influence on Jack's life before that...I think)

It would have been interesting to see....still I think they wouldn't have been split as a team then and people would have given more thought to them(and them telling the truth). Perhaps even tried to change the timeline at once and not at the moment Ba'al attacks earth.

So staying together. Yes, but as a whole team since I think things would have been different with both Jack's hanging around.

and OMG think of the angst if our Jack would see that Charlie...*sob* would he go back to a world and want to change it where Charlie is death again? So should he in a way have to choose between his the "good" world and the one where his son is still alive...So angsty.

*cough*...don't mind me...I'm in a typing mood...and just typing around...
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey. I'm up to any good fic that ends with S/J regardless of how it begins.

Take the plunge. It'll be interesting to write it I think and we'll try to keep Starlover/Jann at bay **activates Zat in Teal'c fashion**
                            ...but it has evil gutter. EVIL! Wrong! ...really...I got bad memories associated with that gutter...even though Ba'al is...hot...

*cough*

*does that thing to activate the shot gun and loosens the line of the attack dog* I'm immune for Zats...

Question?

Question?

Hmm. It's been a while since I posted one. I'll have to get my shippy imagination back in gear.

Perhaps I've been off the thread too long.
                            I'll wait. ....impatiently
                            sigpic

Comment

I think they still would have been split up. Since together they were a risk to the society there. If Sam and Jack were together and both knew that they were soldiers then they would have been split for sure; I mean a General and a Colonel are high ranks so two together could be a risk...certainly when it comes to something this big.

I do think that S/J would have done everything to be together again...or make sure that they would have completed their mission.

also another thing is that they would have met the other Jack, what kind of influence would he have had seeing his duplicate. They must have known that in some way they are the same and share the same values. Would this other Jack have thought that these people were telling them the truth and thus would helped them? I mean you don't know what happened in Irac that caused some traumas to Jack.(both of them since that IMHO couldn't have changed in the timeline since it was before the SG project and Ba'al can't have had that big of an influence on Jack's life before that...I think)

It would have been interesting to see....still I think they wouldn't have been split as a team then and people would have given more thought to them(and them telling the truth). Perhaps even tried to change the timeline at once and not at the moment Ba'al attacks earth.

So staying together. Yes, but as a whole team since I think things would have been different with both Jack's hanging around.

and OMG think of the angst if our Jack would see that Charlie...*sob* would he go back to a world and want to change it where Charlie is death again? So should he in a way have to choose between his the "good" world and the one where his son is still alive...So angsty.

*cough*...don't mind me...I'm in a typing mood...and just typing around...
                              Oh gosh! I'd *love* a fic written as if Jack had come with them. The angst of Sam and Jack being split up, and add in Charlie? Oh, that just may satisfy my need for angst for a while!
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                                Oh, has the third movie been given a working title? That would give me a little more hope that we'll actually see it!
                                Yes, its called : Revolution.

Oh gosh! I'd *love* a fic written as if Jack had come with them. The angst of Sam and Jack being split up, and add in Charlie? Oh, that just may satisfy my need for angst for a while!
                                Someone needs to write one where they drag Jack through the gate with them . . .
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X