X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sam: sir, are you alright?

jack: lower, carter.

jack: not your voice, carter, your hand!

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...ckonground.jpg

So funny. And Guttery! Tried to green you, but alas, I'm all out... for now...
      Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 13 December 2009, 10:01 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

*gives stern parent glance at everybody*

if you all don't behave yourselves right now I'll instruct ShipperClaus to only leave you with Sam/other as the coal for your stockings.....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          *gives stern parent glance at everybody*

if you all don't behave yourselves right now I'll instruct ShipperClaus to only leave you with Sam/other as the coal for your stockings.....
          What did we do? *Puts on innocent face and adjusts halo*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
            So funny. And Guttery! Tried to green you, but alas, I'm all out... for now...
            indeed....

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
              What did we do? *Puts on innocent face and adjusts halo*
              you were about to start fighting each other.....

Comment

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv339/regularamanda/jackonground.jpg

*chants* gutter! gutter! gutter!
                ...and a some fluff for me
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Presenting!

Gutter!

Angst!

And Fluff!

I really can't choose the best one.

EDIT: *Bumps thread*
                  Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 13 December 2009, 09:45 PM. Reason: The thread is asleep!
                  sigpic

Comment

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv339/regularamanda/jackonground.jpg

ROTFL!! Seriously. LOL.

Hmmm...Canon vs AU.

Do I like AU? I know nobody's asked, but I've been reading your discussions and thought I'd chime in.

Hmmm. If, and I say *if* the story is plausible and well-written, I can really get into an AU (if, by AU, you mean that Sam and Jack get together...fishing and all...and carry on at the SGC - or wherever) fic.

Why? Because we authors can only write so much within the narrow confines of the established (ie, aired) canon. Can we, as do the writers of the novels, expand on that universe and still remain in canon? Sure. Will it be S/J? Nope.

But *Pol raises an index finger,* I sometimes just feel the need for some flippin' resolution! I can see UST for 10 years (okay, really 8.5) on television/dvd/hulu, etc... and in the novels. Sometimes I want my Sam and Jack to be S/J. Sometimes I *need* them to be S/J, with confirmed fishing and all that entails.

I do get a bit frustrated with non-canon stories that are in canon right up to the last page or so and then...WHAMMO! Fishing! There are few really well written fics that tackle the S/J dynamic and balance it with SGC and/or apocafic stuff without going GROSSLY OOC. And I'm talkin' *G-R-O-S-S-L-Y* OOC. :::shudder:::

So...like I said. I *know* (as in, I lived it people, I know damned well what the regs say, what I, as an officer could and could not do, yada, yada) what couldn't really happen in the show - the rules were against them. (I also know of two perfectly good exceptions to the regs with whom I served, but that's another tale.) I also know that I enjoy a tale well told and that if it veers into the land of AU/non-canon, then so be it.

In fact, I'll be loading said good, long, well-written and mostly non-canon stories (by that I mean S/J, as opposed to non-canon meaning grossly ooc) onto my new e-Reader...if Santa got my note.

If not, I'll be loading them on the ol' PDA once again.

I don't know about JennF, or Rachel and her Aftershocks, as I have yet to treat myself to them, but I know that I really have a hard time staying in canon (ie, keeping the kissing/touching/long looks to a minimum, especially after a particularly powerful episode) when writing my Campfires because...damn, but Amanda and Rick have chemistry!
                    Last edited by Pol; 13 December 2009, 10:02 PM.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Comment

Too funny!!
                        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

there are very few actors that can show that kind of chemistry that rick and amanda show both off-screen and on-screen. i mean i've seen the bts and they do seem in the 8 years that they worked together they do seem close.
                          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 13 December 2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            ROTFL!! Seriously. LOL.

Hmmm...Canon vs AU.

Spoiler:
                            Do I like AU? I know nobody's asked, but I've been reading your discussions and thought I'd chime in.

Hmmm. If, and I say *if* the story is plausible and well-written, I can really get into an AU (if, by AU, you mean that Sam and Jack get together...fishing and all...and carry on at the SGC - or wherever) fic.

Why? Because we authors can only write so much within the narrow confines of the established (ie, aired) canon. Can we, as do the writers of the novels, expand on that universe and still remain in canon? Sure. Will it be S/J? Nope.

But *Pol raises an index finger,* I sometimes just feel the need for some flippin' resolution! I can see UST for 10 years (okay, really 8.5) on television/dvd/hulu, etc... and in the novels. Sometimes I want my Sam and Jack to be S/J. Sometimes I *need* them to be S/J, with confirmed fishing and all that entails.

I do get a bit frustrated with non-canon stories that are in canon right up to the last page or so and then...WHAMMO! Fishing! There are few really well written fics that tackle the S/J dynamic and balance it with SGC and/or apocafic stuff without going GROSSLY OOC. And I'm talkin' *G-R-O-S-S-L-Y* OOC. :::shudder:::

So...like I said. I *know* (as in, I lived it people, I know damned well what the regs say, what I, as an officer could and could not do, yada, yada) what couldn't really happen in the show - the rules were against them. (I also know of two perfectly good exceptions to the regs with whom I served, but that's another tale.) I also know that I enjoy a tale well told and that if it veers into the land of AU/non-canon, then so be it.

In fact, I'll be loading said good, long, well-written and mostly non-canon stories (by that I mean S/J, as opposed to non-canon meaning grossly ooc) onto my new e-Reader...if Santa got my note.

If not, I'll be loading them on the ol' PDA once again.

I don't know about JennF, or Rachel and her Aftershocks, as I have yet to treat myself to them, but I know that I really have a hard time staying in canon (ie, keeping the kissing/touching/long looks to a minimum, especially after a particularly powerful episode) when writing my Campfires because...damn, but Amanda and Rick have chemistry
                            !
                            I agree with you Pol, I can vouch that Rachel keeps in cannon really well. (I have never read any JennF stuff...yet).

There is a fic out there I was reading recently and it seemed to stay in charactor really well then all of a sudden, right at the end, it was a bit like 'whoa, hang on a minute, Sam would never say, or do, that' sort of ruined it for me.

Your campfires are a great example of Cannon fics.
                            sigpic
                            I Believe
                            My FanFiction

Comment

My two pennies for the AU or canon debate while reading fanfic.

I must start with that I like to read both, but it depends on my mood. Sometimes I just want to see canon and feel better about, for example S9 and S10, it gives me the extra reassurance that, yes, S/J are indeed together now.

In other occassions, which is most of the time, I read AU. The thing is with AU's, even though I know they are AU's, I don't really see them like that all the time. If they are good enough written and in character I can sometimes almost see them as normal; not canon of course...but still.
                              What I love about AU and certainly AU's from earlier seasons that we can see S/J things do that weren't explored in the show. For example the whole kids/babies thing. I can't see S/J having kids now, but I can see them having them if they got together around S4.
                              Also apocofifcs are sometimes very cool to read for the same reason as the baby fics; we would never get them in the series...
                              So...that is why I like to read AU, but still, canon fics are good too. I do think I have higher demands for my canon fics because the characters have to stay in character all the time and can't change from what we see on the show. With AU fics the writer has more space to "change" the character and explore different area's with them because there have (probably) happened some defining events that changed the character from what we have seen on the show...that is also why I almost always think that you can't really say with AU's that some tiny things are OoC. The character has changed and thus won't make the same decisions as the character we see on the show.

...but really...that's just my opinion
                              sigpic

Comment

sam was a bit door matty in 'chimera', so i could see her getting in over her head...

just not with pete. he's too much of a wuss.
                                I rather like the fic where Sam accidentally kills Pete, and Jack helps her bury the body.

I think the author was projecting a bit, there. As was I when I read it.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                On a slightly related note, the reason I love S/J established is because, given I won't contradict canon, it's the only place you can go from Angst to fluff or gutter. Or, as you said, from the tension of desire to satisfaction
                                I completely agree. Although I could definitely use a little more canon to go on.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                Valerie, I'd say for safety put it at a K+, even though it could probably be a K, I know that if it doesn't have bad language/gutter/violence, then I normally just set it at K+
                                Hey, I think I wrote a K+ once! It was a real challenge.
                                Edit: Actually, I have several K's. I think they're rated incorrectly. But I've often wondered if it really matters because would anyone who is interested in S/J really be put off by accidentally stumbling onto a "T" fic? I only worry about making sure the "M" fics are properly rated, but maybe I should worry about the other ones, too.
                                Last edited by VSS; 14 December 2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X