Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    I think I've briefly given my story sometime in the past few days, but here it is all together: (beware of exploding posts)
    Spoiler:
    I watched Stargate after it went to Scifi from Showtime (didn't have Showtime) though my parents did and swore it was one of the best scif shows ever. Loved it almost immediately and was quickly caught up thorugh Scifi marathons to where they were in S5. *Saw* the Sam/Jack ship, but as with Crag, was so burned by previous ships as to have become completely and utterly cynical and calloused towards them. This is, btw, still true in general for me. I can enjoy individual moments between two characters (aw.. isn't that sweet) but remain unable to get vested in the outcomes because, with Very Few notable exceptions, TV ships tend to result in characters who act more like space aliens than real people (I mean.. how many REAL people have secret spouses wandering around out there they never mention to anybody? I mean.. really?) So I didn't really pay attention to the ship and sort of knew it was there but didn't really care because obviously it was never going to go anywhere anyway. If anything, I was a noromo simply because I was certain that, if they ever did pick up the 'ship', as it were, the end result must necessarily be a total destruction of the characters as anything remotely resembling the real human beings in extraordinary situations which had attracted me to the show in the first place.

I should mention I was also out of fandom during this time for reasons primarily involving things like falling in love and getting married and having babies and then toddlers and then more babies and still more toddlers followed by...

Anyway.

You get the idea.

Plus I somehow graduated from college and got commissioned and went from a butter bar to a Captain and out of the army and became a pharmaceutical rep in that period as well... So. No fandom. Not much sleep, really, either.

So like I said.. Anyway...

I was actually (throw potatoes) a bit glad when Sam started dating Pete, and really didn't pick up on the idea of him as stalker at all. I was just happy to see her happy, frankly. And... you know... not turn into the two-headed alien having them 'play' with her and Jack was certain to do...

Then we get to Threads. And I sort of grimaced along with the rest of the Noromos when I realized (being completely unspoilered) that they were going 'there' again blatantly and I hoped to *goodness* it didn't screw up the characters too badly.

Only... Something extraordinary happened.

I will never forget the moment when Sam - not because of Big Drama or Impending Doom or any of the other TV Tricks they teach at How To Write For Television School - sat in her car in front of Jack's house. And then she took a deep breath and went to go talk to him. But still, I'd been around the block a few times and when Kerry stepped out, I figured they were about to launch into Act Two of the Other Scenario (one of those aforementioned tricks taught at the aforementioned school) in which Ship Member A finally realizes she's dating the wrong person, only to discover Ship Member B has found someone else and it's now too late, which launches us into another round of long pining looks and jealousy on one side and frustrated attempts to stick square pegs in round holes on the other only this time in the opposite direction.

So that wasn't the *really* extraordinary thing.

The *really* extraordinary thing was Kerry. Because, for just about the first time I can recall, one of the nameless 'other' acted like... drumrole please... a Real Person. Which, in retrospect, shouldn't really have surprised me as Real People were what attracted me to the show in the first place. But at the time I was knocked off my feet. Especially when she had an actual honest conversation with one Jack O'Neill and... amazingly... he did the right and sensible thing which almost anyone *would* do and found Sam in the infirmary.

See, when I say I see resolution in Threads, I saw it the first time when not only was I not expecting it, but I didn't really even WANT it. Or at least, I didn't really care if it existed or not. I simply saw it unfold on screen. And was amazed. Because that sort of thing just doesn't happen on TV... the subtle and the beautiful, two people finding each other finally not because the world's going to end (impending doom came AFTER they found each other) but because they loved each other and wanted each other and both realized it.

It was...

Amazing.

And John saw it too, cause after we watched the last few minutes in silence and they were fishing together on the pier, he turned to me and said, "Wow! I can't believe they did *that* on TV" He wasn't simply talking about 'the fishing' (and from both their demeanors we both knew they'd been 'fishing' even though we didn't even know there was a double meaning to the term at that point) We were talking about the subtlety and lack of drama.

It was actually, though, the next season when Sam showed up with a Big Smile on her face after Jack had ridden off into the proverbial sunset more-or-less that I really fell in love with the relationship. Because I *saw* Sam-with-Jack in the changes in her character. And it was so amazingly subtle and natural - just the result of a woman finally being happy in her personal life after years of not being so. I was... Can I say amazed again? Cause I was.

That was when I went back and rewatched all the episodes from CotG, looking for the ship and finding it in a thousand little gestures and nuances I'd never really paid much attention to before. And in doing so, I discovered how closely tied in to Sam and Jack's characters 'the ship' really had been all along. Here were two amazingly - er, sorry, that word just came out -complex and nuanced characters who started the series with backstories and baggage (as characters do) and over the year's we'd actually seen them grow - on a TV Screen, FCOL! - in extremely natural and realistic ways both as individuals and towards each other until the point of Threads. And the ship was never ever a deviation or diversion from this growth, but was an essential and natural part of who each of them was as an individual as much as what they might become as a couple...

I was in love

And, really, that's how I became a shipper.

*Absolutely* backwards from the way nearly all of you did But there you go. The ship won me over with the absolute awesomeness of the cohesive whole of the story as I saw it and its and near uniqueness from anything I'd ever seen on TV.
    I think the way it ended affected my ship experience too - I read up on it (before having the dvds) and I think if TPTB had dropped it at any point, I wouldn't have become a shipper. But I knew where it ended up with Threads (even though I hadn't seen it) so I was willing to drop the cash on it LOL

Comment

I love hearing about how you guys found the ship and Stargate I'll tell my story...which is gonna make me sound so young, darn it.

Spoiler:
      It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade (or was it between 6th and 7th? ) and I was at my Aunt's with nothing to do and Stargate the Movie comes on and my Dad told me to watch it...immediately fell in love with Daniel played by James Spader (Dude...it was the hair ).

So a few days later I was sitting there on the couch with *nothing* to do and my dad says "hey Amanda that show you were watching the other day...I have the series on VHS if you want to watch it" so I knew going in ahead that I wasn't going to like it, it was scifi FCOL!

But I popped it in (was really surprised by the nudity in it...my dad had forgotten about that) and I was absolutely hooked. I watched about 10 episodes a day that summer () and was completely suprised in Out of Mind/Into the Fire with the naked shoulder look, and the closeness in the hallway and The Hug.

Then got to D and C...and was BLOWN away. I immediately popped out the VHS and memorized that title...then came WoO and I was hooked completely. It was the first time I ever squeed....and I didn't even know what that term meant! Then came, of course, BtS and Entity and I feel even more in love with the characters.

I was really upset after we had Grace and then WHAM Chimera. And be being so young I was sort of shocked that we had that up against the wall scene as well.

So blew through the first 7 seasons and then in September the new season came out S8 (I remember this mostly because I was scared by the Wraith because it was the very first episode of Atlantis was around that time)

I don't remember much about Threads, except I was very happy...though didn't realize what fishing actually meant...'Fishing'.

I found Gateworld not long after I started watching Stargate...and on a fateful day around Valentines Day I found you guys I lurked on one of the days of Valenship and that's when I discovered S/J music videos. And I found artwork as well...came across some very old ones a few weeks ago when I found one of my file folders from waaay back in the day. And we also found a note where I asked my dad if there was a new episode of Stargate on that next night...it was like finding the dead seas scrolls!

And I still remember sniffling when I read that RDA wasn't going to be on Stargate anymore. But was pleasantly surprised that he did come back a few times!

The really cool thing was my grades really improved because of Stargate I realized math and science could actually be fun. (who'd of thought? ) And a whole lot of good things came out of my watching Stargate. I actually wrote a paper this semester for college about it.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I swear. This time, I was *actually* writing *another* story when this evil little Steno who'd been hiding *somewhere* jumped out at me, all big and quite nearly completely full grown, and MADE me write him.

I swear.

Five Things Samantha Carter Learned from Jack O'Neill (but which you won't find in any manual)

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          I love hearing about how you guys found the ship and Stargate I'll tell my story...which is gonna make me sound so young, darn it.

Spoiler:
          It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade (or was it between 6th and 7th? ) and I was at my Aunt's with nothing to do and Stargate the Movie comes on and my Dad told me to watch it...immediately fell in love with Daniel played by James Spader (Dude...it was the hair ).

So a few days later I was sitting there on the couch with *nothing* to do and my dad says "hey Amanda that show you were watching the other day...I have the series on VHS if you want to watch it" so I knew going in ahead that I wasn't going to like it, it was scifi FCOL!

But I popped it in (was really surprised by the nudity in it...my dad had forgotten about that) and I was absolutely hooked. I watched about 10 episodes a day that summer () and was completely suprised in Out of Mind/Into the Fire with the naked shoulder look, and the closeness in the hallway and The Hug.

Then got to D and C...and was BLOWN away. I immediately popped out the VHS and memorized that title...then came WoO and I was hooked completely. It was the first time I ever squeed....and I didn't even know what that term meant! Then came, of course, BtS and Entity and I feel even more in love with the characters.

I was really upset after we had Grace and then WHAM Chimera. And be being so young I was sort of shocked that we had that up against the wall scene as well.

So blew through the first 7 seasons and then in September the new season came out S8 (I remember this mostly because I was scared by the Wraith because it was the very first episode of Atlantis was around that time)

I don't remember much about Threads, except I was very happy...though didn't realize what fishing actually meant...'Fishing'.

I found Gateworld not long after I started watching Stargate...and on a fateful day around Valentines Day I found you guys I lurked on one of the days of Valenship and that's when I discovered S/J music videos. And I found artwork as well...came across some very old ones a few weeks ago when I found one of my file folders from waaay back in the day. And we also found a note where I asked my dad if there was a new episode of Stargate on that next night...it was like finding the dead seas scrolls!

And I still remember sniffling when I read that RDA wasn't going to be on Stargate anymore. But was pleasantly surprised that he did come back a few times!

The really cool thing was my grades really improved because of Stargate I realized math and science could actually be fun. (who'd of thought? ) And a whole lot of good things came out of my watching Stargate. I actually wrote a paper this semester for college about it.

:: Laughs :: Amanda you sound like me discovering Star Trek Voyager when I was in the 7th grade. Wow. Putting that in perspective you were a toddler when I got into sci-fi :: headdesk :: (hush hush, I know there are people here who remember the original Star Trek... I'm having a *moment* here). It was weird for me when the series ended and I was 22. It was like growing up with friends (I know that sounds so bad, but from the point that Voyager started and ended I'd lived 4 different places)...

I love Stargate more. I love S/J MORE! My J/C beta just discovered Stargate and just finished SG-1 and Atlantis (she said she liked SGA better :: falls over :: ) - I try to drop S/J in... I'd love to have her as a beta again but *le sigh* she keeps herself quit busy these days.

BUT SHE FOUND STARGATE...and she did see the ship And she likes it better than Star Trek too.

I feel vindicated in a strange way.

Comment

I swear. This time, I was *actually* writing *another* story when this evil little Steno who'd been hiding *somewhere* jumped out at me, all big and quite nearly completely full grown, and MADE me write him.

I swear.

Five Things Samantha Carter Learned from Jack O'Neill (but which you won't find in any manual)

Nothing wrong with Stenos running amock if they're going to drag something so beautiful as this out of your brain
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Jenn, Twi and Amanda; it was nice to read your stories Amanda you're not young...only one year younger than I am
              *giggles at the set up for Twi's story though*
              And an awwww at Jenns story!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                snippity...
                Spoiler:
                Beautiful post... oh! I too love seeing the way others come into the ship (thanks too, Rachel, for sharing.). I have to say your "shipper wars" and those noromos and I-just-don't-see-its do sound an awful lot like the X Files noromos and I-just-don't-see-its. Sometimes they were harsh and things were frequently horrible. I Admin'd on a XF forum back then so I did a lot of moderating and, gosh yes, as a shipper I waded in with my Doc Marten's on kicking and screaming too... but then so did my noromo fellow Admin but we were a small forum, mostly full of self depreciating Brits (plus a token Canadian) being silly and childish so we took it all in good humour - the folks over at the Haven forums though... oh my! One day half the board up and left because of some dispute. The Great Haven Schism is still whispered about in dark corners of the internet.
                Oh and X Files had the added distraction that you had GANuts and DDrabids and, heaven help you if you happened to like them both equally; that's just not allowed. Hmm, we do get some of that in Stargate fandom with various other characters/actors but actually not much with RDA and AT; people tend to like both of them equally even if they are not especially keen on the character and I think a lot of that is because they are both, in real life, genuinely nice people who are obviously good friends too. It really does help to make, not only on screen chemistry work, but contributes to fandom harmony too.

Anyway, I watched Stargate from the very first episode. Didn't like it much to start with - the attraction of RDA being in it aside - but stuck with it, grew to love it and started really seeing that zing, probably by Out Of Mind and I enjoyed the ship immensely. But, I think, simply because of previous fandom experiences, I never let myself get drawn into it online. I never even joined a Stargate forum until about 2005 and, frankly, as great as it was, the anti-ship sentiments of certain mods there precluded there ever being a large shipping community, much less a thread like this. That was fine by me then, but once I started wanting resolution and needing to be silly and squeey from time to time, I found somewhere else. I'd lurked here for a long time anyway; just never plucked up the courage to post.

So yeah, this place - the Ship Family thread... oh I know we had to drop the name family but, to me, it is still a big old happy family. Mostly anyway; we have the odd disagreement just like real families do but, at the end of the day, it was love that brought us all together and love which keeps us coming here over and over. And, when all is said and done, love and friendship, and generally being nice to each other is all that really matters.

*Big squishy huggles for Ship Family*

Wow, Carrie, we have similar histories...sort of.
                Spoiler:
                My first online shipping was for Lois and Clark, back in the day. I don't think I ever wrote fanfic for it, but I did read a lot. Jump ahead to the X-Files, which I came to at about season 6 or so. Once hooked I went to Blockbuster and rented every single tape of XF I could find (yes, kiddies, this was back before DVDs). I spent one entire three-day weekend having my own little marathon. It was awesome.

I then thought, "hey, there was some awesome L&C fic online, I wonder if there's even a little XF fic out there?" Whoa, nellie. What did I know!

I, too, was on Haven, but spent most of my time on ATXF. Wrote a bunch of fanfic under the name "Setmedic," and then was fascinated by the Gossamer site (which led me to my Master's thesis on fanfic). I had, at one point, found Sally Reeve's Counterbalance and enjoyed it but that was my only foray into SG fanfic.

Jump ahead in time to about season 7 of SG1. My stepdaughter was watching the Friday night episodes and I looked up and saw this incredibly beautiful blonde woman working with a cute doctor, both women caring for a frightened young girl. Being gay, I thought...ooh! Then sat down and watched the rest of the episode and was swept away by Jack's reaction when Sam was down in the silo with Cassie. Oh, that man loves that woman! And he's her CO! Being an Air Force vet, I was instantly sucked in.

Total Sam/Jack shipper from that point onward. My own life aside, I just can't see the Sam/Janet stuff at all. I am such a wholehearted shipper my partner just shakes her head and laughs (with good humor).

I found this pic online:

Which led me to GW and this forum...thankfully! This online community has really been such a great discovery for me. ATXF was at times uncomfortable and vitriolic, not always shipper-friendly, which detracted from my enjoyment. Apart from the occasional hiccups here, everyone's great. I subscribe to 20 forums but post mainly (98%) here. I lurk/skim the others.

I began reading and writing fanfic as an exercise to keep my writing fresh and current. Then, one day, S. said, "Come on, you're telling me that in all of your online stories, nobody has written anything about what goes on around the campfire?

66 stories later...LOL.

And that's the way it is. It's been a lot of fun reading others' histories. Great topic, and shippy too!
                Last edited by Pol; 05 January 2010, 10:53 AM.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Wow, Carrie, we have similar historys...sort of.
                  Spoiler:
                  My first online shipping was for Lois and Clark, back in the day. I don't think I ever wrote fanfic for it, but I did read a lot. Jump ahead to the X-Files, which I came to at about season 6 or so. Once hooked I went to Blockbuster and rented every single tape of XF I could find (yes, kiddies, this was back before DVDs). I spent one entire three-day weekend having my own little marathon. It was awesome.

I then thought, "hey, there was some awesome L&C fic online, I wonder if there's even a little XF fic out there?" Whoa, nellie. What did I know!

I, too, was on Haven, but spent most of my time on ATXF. Wrote a bunch of fanfic under the name "Setmedic," and then was fascinated by the Gossamer site (which led me to my Master's thesis on fanfic). I had, at one point, found Sally Reeve's Counterbalance and enjoyed it but that was my only foray into SG fanfic.

Jump ahead in time to about season 7 of SG1. My stepdaughter was watching the Friday night episodes and I looked up and saw this incredibly beautiful blonde woman working with a cute doctor, both women caring for a frightened young girl. Being gay, I thought...ooh! Then sat down and watched the rest of the episode and was swept away by Jack's reaction when Sam was down in the silo with Cassie. Oh, that man loves that woman! And he's her CO! Being an Air Force vet, I was instantly sucked in.

Total Sam/Jack shipper from that point onward. My own life aside, I just can't see the Sam/Janet stuff at all. I am such a wholehearted shipper my partner just shakes her head and laughs (with good humor).

I found this pic online:

Which led me to GW and this forum...thankfully! This online community has really been such a great discovery for me. ATXF was at times uncomfortable and vitriolic, not always shipper-friendly, which detracted from my enjoyment. Apart from the occasional hiccups here, everyone's great. I subscribe to 20 forums but post mainly (98%) here. I lurk/skim the others.

I began reading and writing fanfic as an exercise to keep my writing fresh and current. Then, one day, S. said, "Come on, you're telling me that in all of your online stories, nobody has written anything about what goes on around the campfire?

66 stories later...LOL.

And that's the way it is. It's been a lot of fun reading others' histories. Great topic, and shippy too!
                  Pol's story OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Pol it cracks me up that you first sat down because of Sam and Janet with Cass and then totally got Jack's vibe. They do have great chemistry. My husband shakes his head at me too. So we must be in good company!

Comment

I swear.

How about a "Five Things Jack O'Neill Learned from Samantha Carter"? Seems only fair.

Comment

So, since everyone else is doing it...

My Shipper History:
                      Spoiler:
                      It all started a few years ago when my housemate at the time (who was a big SG1 fan, although he'd only seen up to S7 before he moved to the UK and hadn't seen any more - this was probably around the time S9 was airing) insisted that I absolutely had to watch SG1 because it was the best show ever. He bought the first season DVDs and we would sit and watch them together on Sunday afternoons, to the derision of our other housemates who were most definitely not scifi fans in any way, shape or form. I saw the ship from right off the bat, but was actually not keen on the idea at first. It was kind of linked to how I felt about Sam at first too - when I first watched the first few episodes I found her way too one-dimensional a character, and I was worried that they had her in there just to fulfill two cliches - one being the uberfeminist superwoman, and the other to be the love interest where really nothing would ever happen except lots of flirting and Broca Divide type stuff. Consequently I rolled my eyes all through Emancipation and The Broca Divide But gradually, as the season continued, I found myself warming to Sam more and more as she was allowed to become a more rounded character and I realised that they were not going to be throwing the ship in our faces all the way along, and basically the two cliches I was fearing just melted away. Anyway, I continued watching and enjoying SG1 more and more in all respects, but it wasn't until I saw Point of View that I realised the ship had really got under my skin. I remember turning to my housemate as the credits rolled and saying 'Oh they *have* to get together at some point!', to which he just smiled enigmatically. Anyway, after watching S3 my housemate moved back to Australia, so I was left to continue on myself with S4, and of course, it being S4, the ship was front and centre and I just got totally hooked from that point on. I started poking around for fanfic at that point (and spoilered myself quite a bit for what was to come in doing so ), and then when I got to the end of S8 I found this place, lurked for a bit, then joined in the madness

Not very interesting but hey ho. I do want to borrow this from Jenn's story for a second though:

That was when I went back and rewatched all the episodes from CotG, looking for the ship and finding it in a thousand little gestures and nuances I'd never really paid much attention to before. And in doing so, I discovered how closely tied in to Sam and Jack's characters 'the ship' really had been all along. Here were two amazingly - er, sorry, that word just came out -complex and nuanced characters who started the series with backstories and baggage (as characters do) and over the year's we'd actually seen them grow - on a TV Screen, FCOL! - in extremely natural and realistic ways both as individuals and towards each other until the point of Threads. And the ship was never ever a deviation or diversion from this growth, but was an essential and natural part of who each of them was as an individual as much as what they might become as a couple...
                      Because this, for me, sums up exactly why I love this ship more than almost any other (I have one other I love as much in another fandom ), and why it did get under my skin in that way. Because they let it be something natural and organic and part of the characters, rather than something grafted on for dramatic effect, which was what I initially feared.
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        Wow, Carrie, we have similar historys...sort of.
                        Spoiler:

Hmmm...

L&C fanfic was the first fanfic I ever really wrote.... and most of it was online. But you said *good* fanfic, and I was Very Young then so probably not mine lol. Though I've been considering dragging some of it back out if it's better than I suspect it is.
                        Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        How about a "Five Things Jack O'Neill Learned from Samantha Carter"? Seems only fair.
                        Yeah... That's what my beta said. Only she was a little more demanding

I don't own the stenos. They own me. OTOH, there is a suspicious looking one lurking in *that* corner there I'm a bit concerned about... so stay tuned.

Comment

What an awesomely Shippy way to start the day! Those are some great stories... though I was definitely feeling my age somewhere along the way. (Put it this way, I got my junior-high-sci-gi-shipping start with Riker and Troi on ST TNG. Nuff said.)

Granted, it's a slow start, what with all those great detailed stories, but we all have to begin somewhere. It's always good to start my day here!

So... This isn't the story of how I fell in love with Sam & Jack. I just told you that one--you don't wanna read it again already!

This also is not the story of how I became a Shipper (I was born one, doncha know? ).

This, my dear friends, is how I fell madly in love with my GateWorld Ship Family.

Spoiler:

How I love to wax nostalgic on occasion. And such a subject to recall, too!

I jumped Ship from X-Files just as Season Four of The Sam & Jack Show SG1 was wrapping up all its Shippy glory. I had been watching the show avidly from the day it began. But online... I lurked. Quietly.

A link in a fic, that's how it all began...

The Danny Lurks series pulled me into the dark Guttery Lurkers' corner out in the samandjack yahoo group. I gobbled up stories in my quiet little corner for three years. Then. Happened.

As you know, I went nuts. If you weren't around back then, though, you don't really have a full appreciation of how nuts I went. From zero posts to dozens a day. The Duck was born. I became a Shipper with Issues. Then a friend invited me to find refuge with a few like minds over at Jack and Sam's pad. (HI MICHELLE! IF YOU'RE LURKING, STEP OUT AND SAY HI!!! ) I did indeed find like minds, and that very same dear friend also introduced me to Mr. Spudly, and suggested I haunt GateWorld. I just *might* like it.

It wasn't long after that that I finally broke the fic-writing ice, and now, some fifty-plus stories later, I feel like I'm getting pretty good at it. It has certainly been a wonderful catharsis, and the greatest outlet for exorcising certain demons, if ya know what I mean!

And here, on the good ol' You-Shippers-Keep-Breakin'-It, We'll-Keep-Fixin'-It forums of Gateworld, I've had the privilege of virtually meeting some of the world's most amazing kindred spirits. <Cue Oscar Nominated Gushing Clip--Complete with operatic underscore> There have been good times, bad times, crazy times, rare but inviting quiet times, all the Gutter, Angst, and Fluff any Shipper could want, Ship Poker, Gutter-filled picture captions, an endless supply of *Green* jello , new innuendos (but nothin' beats *FISHING*!!!), Ship-loads of artistic talent, and all the sci fi paradoxes a die hard romantic sci-fi geek could ever need, topped off with brilliant analytical discussion, and silly, silly partying--with CAKE! I just love you all
                          THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS MUCH!!!

And that's the way this cookie crumbled.

COOKIES!!!

<Gobbles Two Purple Cookies>

Ba-dee-ba-dee-ba-dee-baaaa
                          Dat's All Folks!
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

ok. it seems time of confessions...so this is my story:

Spoiler:
                            Myfirst shipper story was Mulder and Scully. I watched it since the first episode in 1993.
                            About SG1. Well, when I was 13 I watched the movie in the cinema with 2 of my friends, and I really loved it. Then some years later I heard about the tv show and I started to watch it. I felt immediately the chemistry between Sam and Jack, and I think that I became a shipper after Solitudes. But in Italy the television programming of this show was horrible. They suspended it after...I think... the 2nd season. Some years later it was broadcast on another TV channel, but with no regularity...and again it has been suspended in the middle of s5!!! Finally some years ago, the first channel broadcasted all the season (1-10)...except s5 cos the other channel didn't sell the TV right! (no comment!!!). So God bless BitTorrent!!!!

But I never shared my shipper feelings with anyone until some months ago. Nobody of my friends watches these shows!
                            I found an Italian internet site dedicates to X-Files and I started to participate in its forum and then chat with some of the others members. Then last May in Milan there was the Telefilm Film Festival and the organizers gave us the opportunity to have a meeting and then to watch the two X-Files movies! So I went to Milan and I spent 2 days with these people that I knew only on internet. It has been amazing!
                            In this period I started to watch fanvideos on YT (my friends call this YOUTUNNEL XD) and I decide to become a vidder.
                            Ah...about Haven, I'm inscripted but I check it only sometimes, those girls are crazy! (as descripted in this vid)

Then I convinced one of my X-Philes friends to watch SG1...and so now I can share my S/J shipper delirumiums with her. But she took me in the tunnel of ff (especially in French)!!!
                            I saw many vids for the Shipmas and I was curious...and so I'm here now!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hey everyone!

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                              First off

(((((((JESS)))))))

Pet OT:
                              Spoiler:
                              I still feel a little twinge when my mouse Pinky died and that was like eight-ten years ago. My mom still gets choked up about Major her pet German Shepherd from when she was a kid. We had to put down our black Lab named Trouble a few years ago (and I wasn't even there cuz I moved up here). So :: hugs :: Pets are part of the family

Okay I'm putting out a request - I need (and don't gasp) something fluttery. I need gutter (like you'd need to just link to the author) and it needs to be fluffy - or I'd take angst that ends in flutter.

Life OT
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm headed back to work. I've been a stay at home mom for the last year and half and I've loved every minute of it, but with the economy and my husband unable to work enough hours, I hold the better work experience so I contacted my old supervisor and she told me to put my resume through the regular channels (cuz that's how things go) and they would love to have me back. I'm not all tears or anything, it was a GREAT job and I loved the people and my son will be home with Dad all day (talk about gender roles reversed) but it still makes my heart ache.

Every woman has to decide what's right for her family and being with my boy has been a blessing... going back to work is just temporary (albeit it might be a few years temporary...) but... still... hard y'know?

So I just need fic to CHEER ME UP! :: huggles I love you guys :: <-- that might be the wine talking LOL
                              I know what you mean but it says sooo much that they are so anxious to have you back

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              SAM/JACK BIG HONKIN' KISS FOR MOVIE 3!!!

i just had to get that out of my system. again.
                              Well said

I swear.

Wonderful Jenn. Well done.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Indeed.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                What an awesomely Shippy way to start the day! Those are some great stories... though I was definitely feeling my age somewhere along the way. (Put it this way, I got my junior-high-sci-gi-shipping start with Riker and Troi on ST TNG. Nuff said.)

Granted, it's a slow start, what with all those great detailed stories, but we all have to begin somewhere. It's always good to start my day here!

So... This isn't the story of how I fell in love with Sam & Jack. I just told you that one--you don't wanna read it again already!

This also is not the story of how I became a Shipper (I was born one, doncha know? ).

This, my dear friends, is how I fell madly in love with my GateWorld Ship Family.

Spoiler:

How I love to wax nostalgic on occasion. And such a subject to recall, too!

I jumped Ship from X-Files just as Season Four of The Sam & Jack Show SG1 was wrapping up all its Shippy glory. I had been watching the show avidly from the day it began. But online... I lurked. Quietly.

A link in a fic, that's how it all began...

The Danny Lurks series pulled me into the dark Guttery Lurkers' corner out in the samandjack yahoo group. I gobbled up stories in my quiet little corner for three years. Then. Happened.

As you know, I went nuts. If you weren't around back then, though, you don't really have a full appreciation of how nuts I went. From zero posts to dozens a day. The Duck was born. I became a Shipper with Issues. Then a friend invited me to find refuge with a few like minds over at Jack and Sam's pad. (HI MICHELLE! IF YOU'RE LURKING, STEP OUT AND SAY HI!!! ) I did indeed find like minds, and that very same dear friend also introduced me to Mr. Spudly, and suggested I haunt GateWorld. I just *might* like it.

It wasn't long after that that I finally broke the fic-writing ice, and now, some fifty-plus stories later, I feel like I'm getting pretty good at it. It has certainly been a wonderful catharsis, and the greatest outlet for exorcising certain demons, if ya know what I mean!

And here, on the good ol' You-Shippers-Keep-Breakin'-It, We'll-Keep-Fixin'-It forums of Gateworld, I've had the privilege of virtually meeting some of the world's most amazing kindred spirits. <Cue Oscar Nominated Gushing Clip--Complete with operatic underscore> There have been good times, bad times, crazy times, rare but inviting quiet times, all the Gutter, Angst, and Fluff any Shipper could want, Ship Poker, Gutter-filled picture captions, an endless supply of *Green* jello , new innuendos (but nothin' beats *FISHING*!!!), Ship-loads of artistic talent, and all the sci fi paradoxes a die hard romantic sci-fi geek could ever need, topped off with brilliant analytical discussion, and silly, silly partying--with CAKE! I just love you all
                                THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS MUCH!!!

And that's the way this cookie crumbled.

COOKIES!!!

<Gobbles Two Purple Cookies>

Ba-dee-ba-dee-ba-dee-baaaa
                                Dat's All Folks!
                                GW Family story:
                                Spoiler:

I fell in love with the GW shipper family because they reminded me every so much of the JetC group on AOL I was a part of back on AOL... (wait for it)... 2.0. When it was new. They were a friendly bunch of people... but then it all disappeared and I wandered the desolate wastelands of a debunked ship :: cries :: Then I was newly married and lonely cuz we both worked ALL the time opposite hours... and I found YOU (I wish I could find my first post... I'm just deathly curious as to what I said and if it could be used against me in a court of law...).

I wandered in and out over the course of three years. Popping in for a month, going a way for six... and then this last year with all the crap going on in my life I just needed to go SOMEWHERE where things didn't feel quite so heavy and everyone had SOME sort of issue and everyone was different and had different opinions and if we ran into each other in real life a couple of us might actually find that we stand on the opposite of just about every possible issue except S/J LOL - and it's nice.

I like that about here. I like that we step on each other toes and sometimes put our feet in our mouths but we're gracious (usually) and issues get resolved and we learn something new. I love that we can all hold our different opinions on EVERYTHING... and it's all okay.

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X