No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They shot this to look identical to the scene in Nemesis when Jack got beamed out, except for the guy in the background

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Oh yes, I so agree.

Jack looks remarkably clean though. That's a cream top he's wearing.

Oh another fishing invite. Here's what's in the commentary:

MW: One of the things that happens in Small Victories is that we perpetuate a…. relationship that actually for the first five shows of the season it actually builds to show five, Divide & Conquer where we have the relationship between O’Neill and Carter. In Nemesis there’s a scene where he came into her lab here and asked her if she wanted to go fishing. So what we decided to do here is come back into this lab which I love shooting in, and Jim you do too. It has the most blinky lights of any set, but decided to shoot this all in tight shots. Just single shots of the two of them, no big wide shots, just the two of them, keep it intimate.
      *Again bows down before the awesomeness that is The Martin*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Now I love this briefing room scene. Sam and Jack on one side. Everyone else on the other. Get that blocking.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, I so agree.

Jack looks remarkably clean though. That's a cream top he's wearing.

Oh another fishing invite. Here's what's in the commentary:

MW: One of the things that happens in Small Victories is that we perpetuate a…. relationship that actually for the first five shows of the season it actually builds to show five, Divide & Conquer where we have the relationship between O’Neill and Carter. In Nemesis there’s a scene where he came into her lab here and asked her if she wanted to go fishing. So what we decided to do here is come back into this lab which I love shooting in, and Jim you do too. It has the most blinky lights of any set, but decided to shoot this all in tight shots. Just single shots of the two of them, no big wide shots, just the two of them, keep it intimate.
          Oh, he does love his blinky lights I remember him saying........ darn, wrong ep, wrong thread

Comment

Is it me or does Daniel look kinda extra confused in that scene when Sam and Jack go off on their little 'Getting old for you' conversation? It suddenly seemed to me like he was cluing in/puzzled by the extra intimacy that you can feel from them in this ep.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Is it me or does Daniel look kinda extra confused in that scene when Sam and Jack go off on their little 'Getting old for you' conversation? It suddenly seemed to me like he was cluing in/puzzled by the extra intimacy that you can feel from them in this ep.
              Yeah, he's definitely missed "something". Teal'c knows what but he's keeping schtum.
              sigpic

Comment

Ooh cue cute commentary moment discussing "alien bum"

(Really, you have to listen to them. )
                sigpic

Comment

Oh that look between them just as she goes with Thor!

And yeahsureyoubetcha squee
                  sigpic

Comment

And she looks to Jack before she goes. Noone else.

*shippy sigh*

Hey, I can project like the best of 'em.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooh cue cute commentary moment discussing "alien bum"

(Really, you have to listen to them. )
                      And genitals, don't forget Thor's (lack of) genitals

Edit: And that's the ship that's on the edit button

Comment

And she looks to Jack before she goes. Noone else.

*shippy sigh*

Hey, I can project like the best of 'em.
                        It's kind of a little bit like the scene in Evolution where they're going their separate ways as part of a mission, and Jack just has to seek Sam out before he does. OK so they're already in the same room at this point, but that seeking a connection before they go off to do different things is the same, just an earlier version of it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          And genitals, don't forget Thor's (lack of) genitals

Umm, I was trying to be, umm, polite.

So it is Jumble!

One other thing on the commentary it's worth point out now but for most of the scenes with Sam and Thor, that's AT pretty much acting to a green screen or a puppet. No one else there, no real props. When you think, it's completely amazing how easily she pulls it off.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            It's kind of a little bit like the scene in Evolution where they're going their separate ways as part of a mission, and Jack just has to seek Sam out before he does. OK so they're already in the same room at this point, but that seeking a connection before they go off to do different things is the same, just an earlier version of it.
                            Good spot. An earlier and much less angsty version of the same moment.
                            sigpic

Comment

So it is Jumble!

One other thing on the commentary it's worth point out now but for most of the scenes with Sam and Thor, that's AT pretty much acting to a green screen or a puppet. No one else there, no real props. When you think, it's completely amazing how easily she pulls it off.
                              You know, listening to how these two eps in particular were made, it does seem they were well on their way to Sanctuary even that far back. I know green screen was used quite a bit in SG-1, but from what they're saying here it sounds to me like Martin was really pushing it back then, trying to do more and more with it

Comment

So it is Jumble!

Oh yes AT is masterful at green screen especially in Sanctuary *fangurl moment*

Oh and I love the RDA with glasses so much
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X