Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i'll be the other end of the ship and say i *need* to see that big honkin' kiss, i *need* to see they're together, as a couple, to believe they're together.

so just in case this is the day that the powers that be are viewing this thread, and think the majority of shippers are alright with a subtle resolution to the long wait, I'M NOT ONE OF THEM!

Well then, in that case...

And this little shipper is going to bed. g'nite everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      Ahh. You misunderstood. The sadness will be mine...not theirs. Because I've loved this story so much, to have it finally conclude...even if they do ride off into the proverbial sunset...will mean it's over. Sort of. So the sadness is on my part. As for Sam and Jack...I have no doubt but they'll live happily ever after....
      i don't understand what you mean about it being over? do you mean, 'you' waiting for the getting together, the journey of them actually getting there?

i can understand that. i like making a meal, enjoying the process of getting to the final product, but i also enjoying eating it!

but is that what you mean?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
        That's why the old shippers are such pains in the mitka about this issue. If we didn't yell and scream as we did during seasons 7 and 8, "Threads" probably would never had been written the way it happen. "Threads" was shown in the UK first and they relaid the details of the episode to the shippers across the pond. Their were so many people on, we brought GW down for almost 2 days. That's a day I will never forget. But as happy as we were, we still wanted the BHK and absolute resolution and though Threads was pretty clear TPTB wasn't ready to go all the way. But they did promise down the road they would give it to the shippers but the shippers are still waiting. Like a parent who promises a child a special gift when they behave and are patient and then never comes across, a sense of hurt and betrayal is felt. Well this child is going to keep asking "are we there yet" until their ears bleed Sorry
        this makes me think of all the shippers we've seen come and go, trupi. go, b/c they weren't satisfied by 'threads' so-called resolution, or gone, b/c they just got tired of waiting.

we might have complained more , but... i miss those guys. they left.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
          I'm definitely in the 1% as well - give me subtle any day

...you know, we might have to rethink the distribution of these percentages...
          the unhappy ones left.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            I vote for subtle but unequivocal. I want no room for the anti's to wiggle. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.

Absolute confirmation (a ring, a long look, a 'honey, pick up milk on the way home' or 'pick up dog food for YOUR dog. No, it's YOUR dog' kind thing).

No wiggle room, but lots of...well...wiggling. <g>
            uh, that was guttery.

is a juicy kiss subtle?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
              Well said, trupi. I'll never forget that night either. It was truly the Squeeeeeeee heard around the world! And I agree with you that our tireless letter-writing campaigns had a lot to do with getting as much resolution as we did. Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a third movie and confirmation that they've been solidly together these last few years.
              sugarshaker, honey, welcome home!!

remember when we freaked about the pete-proposal pic so much, that joe mallozzi came in to calm us down?
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                I won't be disgruntled if they never give us anything. But I would gladly accept something - I mean I know it's not S/J style but I would mind fishing. But not the "Threads" version of fishing. I mean FISHING... er or at least hints of fishing......

But I love our ship :: huggles it like a weirdo ::
                *fishing*, like the stuff that makes wee babies?

YES!!!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                  *sigh* I so agree. I don't mind subtle. A BHK would be nice, but I would like something simple and to the point. Oh, especially rings...SO MARRIED!

Definitely NO wiggle room. Oh, ship...how I love thee.

i think, if the 3rd movie actually showed a honkin kiss between sam and jack, and then showed that they're married to boot! ... i'd die. (hopes a loved one would revive me)

but i think, if i *really* thought about it, a kiss would confirm it quite nicely.

^^that was my calm-like answer. i'd squee, have a small happyseizure, then faint.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm watching When Harry Met Sally and I just noticed there are penguins all over Sally's bedroom! All I could think of was Jack and Sam and the shippers. This thread has infiltrated my brain!
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, I posted these already and yes, I did go to bed and then my brain kickstarted so now I have post this or I'll never get to sleep.

Emancipation

If anybody laughs this dress comes off,
                      right here, right now!

Now, good night and sweet dreams!
                      Last edited by UhSir; 27 June 2012, 03:44 PM. Reason: fix pic links

Comment

sugarshaker, honey, welcome home!!

remember when we freaked about the pete-proposal pic so much, that joe mallozzi came in to calm us down?
                        I told you we are in stealth mode Just image when the resolution happens, I do believe we will knock GW out again
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                          I told you we are in stealth mode Just image when the resolution happens, I do believe we will knock GW out again
                          I'm all for knocking out GW. I am sooooo ready to knock out GW!

Comment

i think, if the 3rd movie actually showed a honkin kiss between sam and jack, and then showed that they're married to boot! ... i'd die. (hopes a loved one would revive me)

but i think, if i *really* thought about it, a kiss would confirm it quite nicely.

^^that was my calm-like answer. i'd squee, have a small happyseizure, then faint.
                            Heehee...I would definitely hyperventilate...really. I do that sometimes if I am really excited...or really nervous about something. And then I would want to back it up and watch it again...and again...and again...Oh, and there would definitely be squeeing!

But if they SHOWED they were married...I would die and go to shipper heaven...that would be the ultimate for me!

Comment

i don't understand what you mean about it being over? do you mean, 'you' waiting for the getting together, the journey of them actually getting there?

i can understand that. i like making a meal, enjoying the process of getting to the final product, but i also enjoying eating it!

but is that what you mean?
                              I mean, for me, the beauty of the S/J story is the entirety of everything we've seen up to this point. The growth of the characters. The struggles they've endured. The peaks and valleys of their personal and professional lives. The arc of *their* story amidst the backdrop of the greater story that is SG1. And while I firmly believe with both my heart *and* my head that they are finally and without any doubt whatsoever together now, actually *seeing* them together will, in effect--for me, at least--bring *their* story to a conclusion. There will be no more waiting...no more anticipation...no more excitement over expecting *that* moment. It's sort of like the day after Christmas, when all the presents have been opened and suddenly there's nothing left to look forward to. Don't get me wrong: I love Christmas (and S/J together on screen), but I also know how it is for me, personally. Because this will be the period at the end of the sentence. The "finis" at the end of the book. No more "to be continued"s. No longer any need to eagerly look forward to what might come next. And I'll miss that.

And I have no illusions that this is only my own odd take. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to the all too transitory nature of joy. But you know us cavern dwellers. For every bright side there has to be some darkness.

I'll just slink back in my cave and be quiet now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                                Heehee...I would definitely hyperventilate...really. I do that sometimes if I am really excited...or really nervous about something. And then I would want to back it up and watch it again...and again...and again...Oh, and there would definitely be squeeing!

But if they SHOWED they were married...I would die and go to shipper heaven...that would be the ultimate for me!
                                Hmmmm, I think I'd squee really loudly and jump around the room. And then calm myself enough to call everyone I know. Or maybe just the ones who might care. But...I'd be so happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X