Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    Ahh. You misunderstood. The sadness will be mine...not theirs. Because I've loved this story so much, to have it finally conclude...even if they do ride off into the proverbial sunset...will mean it's over. Sort of. So the sadness is on my part. As for Sam and Jack...I have no doubt but they'll live happily ever after....
    Okay, I'm completely with you in that way then.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      I love the angst, really, it's my most favorite part of the whole ship. But I don't want it to be resolved in that way. Nope, for me, resolution needs to be in a happy way. As for the big honkin' kiss, well shoot! If we get it, I'm gonna love it, but I don't have to have it to be happy. Really. A little honkin' kiss will be enough.
      Never give up! Never surrender! Resolution will be ours!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        And that may be the big difference. I wasn't a shipper when I watched S1-8 the first time. I *became* one because of the wonderfully subtle resolution I saw in Threads. And I really do believe that's what I saw in Threads - resolution. Even back when I wasn't looking for it and certainly didn't expect it. I'll never forget John and I looking at each other in amazement and saying, "I can't believe they let them get together.. on TV!"

Like I said, I know I'm in a minority.
        That's why the old shippers are such pains in the mitka about this issue. If we didn't yell and scream as we did during seasons 7 and 8, "Threads" probably would never had been written the way it happen. "Threads" was shown in the UK first and they relaid the details of the episode to the shippers across the pond. Their were so many people on, we brought GW down for almost 2 days. That's a day I will never forget. But as happy as we were, we still wanted the BHK and absolute resolution and though Threads was pretty clear TPTB wasn't ready to go all the way. But they did promise down the road they would give it to the shippers but the shippers are still waiting. Like a parent who promises a child a special gift when they behave and are patient and then never comes across, a sense of hurt and betrayal is felt. Well this child is going to keep asking "are we there yet" until their ears bleed Sorry
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
          That's why the old shippers are such pains in the mitka about this issue. If we didn't yell and scream as we did during seasons 7 and 8, "Threads" probably would never had been written the way it happen. "Threads" was shown in the UK first and they relaid the details of the episode to the shippers across the pond. Their were so many people on, we brought GW down for almost 2 days. That's a day I will never forget. But as happy as we were, we still wanted the BHK and absolute resolution and though Threads was pretty clear TPTB wasn't ready to go all the way. But they did promise down the road they would give it to the shippers but the shippers are still waiting. Like a parent who promises a child a special gift when they behave and are patient and then never comes across, a sense of hurt and betrayal is felt. Well this child is going to keep asking "are we there yet" until their ears bleed Sorry
          OMG! That was THE time to be a shipper! Ah, the power of our shippers. Muuuaaaahaaaahaaaa! I'm going to keep pestering them too.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
            Oh, don't get me wrong. I totally get where you're coming from. In fact, the primary reason I want concrete resolution is to make all my friends who really really want one happy

Comment

Okay Shippers, It's Fluffy Picspam Time!!!

Children of the Gods
              Hey there soldier boy.

Yowsa!! Love at first sight.

Aw, he adores me already... Damn he's cute!

Wow, sharing the same cup already...

Comment

Oh, don't get me wrong. I totally get where you're coming from. In fact, the primary reason I want concrete resolution is to make all my friends who really really want one happy
                I know
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  *glares pointedly at Jann*

You know that Sam/John is a healthy other ship! It's cool

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  So...I've been playing in Photoshop (and not writing, I know...bad me).

Anyway, the discussion of custom avatars got me to playing again with what I want for mine when I get to make one. So I made this:

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...s/Avatar05.jpg

From this:
                  http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...KnellHiRes.jpg

I know a lot of people, AT included, did not like the DK hug. I love this shot. It always looks to me like Jack was in mid-sentence and is stunned to find her relaxed against him. She's got her eyes closed and is taking comfort from him. Jack looks...perplexed...stunned...and at a loss. As should we all. Samantha "or do we have to arm wrestle" Carter, has surrendered, for just a moment, to exhaustion.

And with whom does she do that?

Only Jack. Always Jack.

A beautiful moment. Just beautiful. It speaks so well of her character and how much she's grown, as a soldier (it's okay to be tired and lean on your team) and as a woman (it's okay to need...Jack).

Lovely.
                  I agree! I so loved that scene it was very sweet and I liked it that this strong Sam was also able to let her guard down around Jack and just need him for a second! *happy sigh*

It's in a way the same as in Heroes...she admits there that she was afraid for him...and also Janet died and...*sob* Just awesome

I loved the second half of S7. IMHO the best of SG1 ignoring that one episode

As for the resolution/confirmation. I need it and I want it. The ship is very good as it is, but I just need to see thta confirmation(a without a doubt one) to know that they're together!
                  I came "online" (lurking at first) during S9 and really hoped for TPTB to show us that they were together...but I didn't saw so...at that time we were in my country at S7 so I looked everywhere and saw "kissing" and thought they were together..when I properly watched the series(quickly) and was watching S7 and S9downloaded at the same time...oh how confused I was(where is Jack? Where is Sam?(in the beginning of S9 and I "missed" the first episode) )
                  Anyway. I want confirmation and won't stop naggin' till I got it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Children of the Gods Cont.

Listening.

Losing to his own distracted thoughts.

An attempt at recovery.

Distracted again.

Gone, and all the while, Sam is oblivious.

Comment

Keep going UhSir But I'll have to catch the rest tomoroow If you do more cause it's 1am and I gotta get to bed
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Keep going UhSir But I'll have to catch the rest tomoroow If you do more cause it's 1am and I gotta get to bed
                        LOL! I'll try, but I'm pooped from making that video. But even if I can't think of captions, I'll keep posting pics. Until I pass out. Cuz is worth it!!!

Comment

And that may be the big difference. I wasn't a shipper when I watched S1-8 the first time. I *became* one because of the wonderfully subtle resolution I saw in Threads. And I really do believe that's what I saw in Threads - resolution. Even back when I wasn't looking for it and certainly didn't expect it. I'll never forget John and I looking at each other in amazement and saying, "I can't believe they let them get together.. on TV!"

Like I said, I know I'm in a minority.
                          I've been watching from day one with an admittedly thoroughly saturated rosy Shipper lens. The X-Files did a great job of warming me up to the world wide web of fandom and making me a certified spoiler junkie. I never for a moment doubted that Sam & Jack together as a romantic couple was part of the SG1 endgame. TPTB shoved a thick wall of Air Force regulations between them and resolutely stuck to the letter of the law, stating that Sam and Jack would not get involved in a romantic relationship so long as they both served in the same chain of command.

That was the opening premise upon which Sam and Jack's relationship developed over the years, and I gladly accept those conditions, then and now. Especially since this is Sci Fi and AUs pop up all the time to give us a glimpse of how their relationship would develop if there were no regs in their way.

But... this show broke my poor Shipper heart when they created the *&$@*#^!%# #*$)@!&^@&^! storyline. I hate *Others* stories. Never ever cared for the romantic-triangle concept (well, not counting the triangle of two in the Superman universe.... ) in any form of entertainment. Add to that injury the insult that was the characterization of that *Other* in this "triangle" and the disservice I still feel it did to Sam's character, it's little wonder I went so berserk.

Sadly, for me, Threads represents first the end of that god awful arc, and then the resolution of the relationship between Sam and Jack. The mighty symbolic *Fishing* scene was, in and of itself, a beautiful note to send the Ship sailing off on, and the execution of your favorite scene is truly the most significant and wonderful turning point in their relationship. These moments of Shipper bliss were obviously satisfying enough, since I'm still Shipping strong long after the last fade to black, and TPTB have down a bang-up job in the leave-'em-wanting-more category... But darn it, guys... enough with the tease already! One *Real* kiss. That's all I ask.

If anyone needs me, I'll be the blue body in the Gutter, holding my breath until I see that Big Honkin' Kiss!
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

I'm definitely in the 1% as well - give me subtle any day

...you know, we might have to rethink the distribution of these percentages...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                              I've been watching from day one with an admittedly thoroughly saturated rosy Shipper lens. The X-Files did a great job of warming me up to the world wide web of fandom and making me a certified spoiler junkie. I never for a moment doubted that Sam & Jack together as a romantic couple was part of the SG1 endgame. TPTB shoved a thick wall of Air Force regulations between them and resolutely stuck to the letter of the law, stating that Sam and Jack would not get involved in a romantic relationship so long as they both served in the same chain of command.

That was the opening premise upon which Sam and Jack's relationship developed over the years, and I gladly accept those conditions, then and now. Especially since this is Sci Fi and AUs pop up all the time to give us a glimpse of how their relationship would develop if there were no regs in their way.

But... this show broke my poor Shipper heart when they created the *&$@*#^!%# #*$)@!&^@&^! storyline. I hate *Others* stories. Never ever cared for the romantic-triangle concept (well, not counting the triangle of two in the Superman universe.... ) in any form of entertainment. Add to that injury the insult that was the characterization of that *Other* in this "triangle" and the disservice I still feel it did to Sam's character, it's little wonder I went so berserk.

Sadly, for me, Threads represents first the end of that god awful arc, and then the resolution of the relationship between Sam and Jack. The mighty symbolic *Fishing* scene was, in and of itself, a beautiful note to send the Ship sailing off on, and the execution of your favorite scene is truly the most significant and wonderful turning point in their relationship. These moments of Shipper bliss were obviously satisfying enough, since I'm still Shipping strong long after the last fade to black, and TPTB have down a bang-up job in the leave-'em-wanting-more category... But darn it, guys... enough with the tease already! One *Real* kiss. That's all I ask.

If anyone needs me, I'll be the blue body in the Gutter, holding my breath until I see that Big Honkin' Kiss!
                              What she said! The fishing scene was deeply symbolic but I want that Real Kiss, too! Passes oxygen tank to Bren Ren!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

What really supports your point that they were always meant to be together, and 'the other' arc was just a tool to get them together, is that the episode was named "Chimera". And even in the commentary they explain that means 'illusion or fantasy' (or words to that effect). Which I think means they always knew where they were going and it was always a device to get Sam and Jack together... Like you said

EDIT: And as I've said before, what really saved that for me (and ultimately, really, what made me fall in love with the story) is that they took that trite 'other' storyline and, in Threads, set it on its ear. Which I won't repeat it all here.. but when they actually both realized what they were doing and changed their path Like Rationale Adults... I fell in love )

EDIT 2: My post count is SO cool right now.. 6006!
                                Last edited by JenniferJF; 03 January 2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X