• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys.

Just barely popping in.

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    Hello-ello-ello!! Anybody here-ere-ere?

Okay then I'll triple post.

I needed something to lift my shippy spirits so I made a separate video of the montage I used in the 2010 video. Be sure to scroll down on the page and watch it.

And maybe this'll shake some of you awake...
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...redientssm.gif
    made by ÜberSG-1Fan
    UhSir the vid was wonderful. I really enjoyed it.

I haven't gotten around to all the 2010 stuff yet but it's one of the things I'm looking forward to.

Later Shippers.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Leucothea29 View Post
      Hey everyone, I'm new... Happy New Year. I heard people on this thread were slightly crazy??

But Bones is awesome (especially the fanfiction).
      Slightly crazy? You mean totally 1000% crazy, right?

Oh and welcome to the madhouse

And yes, Bones is awesome

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      Ew! Is there really such a pairing? *rinses mouth out with soap*
      There is...However I have no idea where it came from. There was never any shippy moments between them Just like with Unending with Teal'c and Sam. I never saw anything there either, first time I heard of anything was when I was on this forum. I must have blinked and missed something *shrugs*

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      A sad start to 2010:

OT
      Spoiler:
      Please keep my family in your prayers. Our little dog was admitted to the pet hospital tonight. He's got multiple things wrong with him, and the doctors don't know if he'll make it through the night. I'm beside myself with worry, but trying to give it to the Lord.
      OT
      Spoiler:
      Oh I'm so sorry. It's hard when something happens to a much loved pet They're like one of the family, I hope he pulls through.

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2000 posts????
      I'm sure you'll manage it. You'll hit 2000 before you know it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        Hi guys.

Just barely popping in.

UhSir the vid was wonderful. I really enjoyed it.

I haven't gotten around to all the 2010 stuff yet but it's one of the things I'm looking forward to.

Later Shippers.
        Thanks!

BTW, off-topic (personal)
        Spoiler:
        I want to give a public thanks to my husband. He doesn't visit here but he knows about this place and he's incredibly understanding about my obsession. Well, he better be because it's his fault I ever started watching this show! I'm not a fan of scifi really but I tolerated his wanting to watch Stargate. Anyway, these last several days I spent every waking moment working on the video. Late nights, early mornings and long days in between. He occasionally drifted into the doorway (visions of Jack at Sam's door in Affinity ) and he even brought meals to me with commands to "Eat, now, while it's still warm." *wipes tears*

Comment

Ah hah! So the trick is to venture outside of the Sam/Jack Ship thread.

*quivers*

But...

(and I'll quote The Man himself)
          "But it's safe, right?"
          Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          Just be careful where you go... tread lightly, carry a BIG SHIPPY STICK. LOL I've wandered onto other SG1 threads (non-ship related) only to find some major haters. There's the S/J discussion thread, the S/J fic rec thread... this one... I also hang out at an SGU thread and I think some other shows have their own threads but I never end up there.
          (((UhSir))) It's mostly safe. Mods are doing a fairly good job of keeping the conversation civil but they can't be everywhere and you can still run into some haters. But BIG SHIPPY STICK might help and you can always come back here for some nice shippy recovery time.

The truth is that Shipper Family is one of the friendliest parts of GW. People here are the best, always willing to help and generally very friendly.

*hugs shipper family*
          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
            (((UhSir))) It's mostly safe. Mods are doing a fairly good job of keeping the conversation civil but they can't be everywhere and you can still run into some haters. But BIG SHIPPY STICK might help and you can always come back here for some nice shippy recovery time.

The truth is that Shipper Family is one of the friendliest parts of GW. People here are the best, always willing to help and generally very friendly.

*hugs shipper family*
            ...It's because no matter how bitter or irritated we are, we're still romantics at heart

But seriously. Waiting for our Big Moment, IMHO, made a lot of us quite mellow about things. That and the broccoli.
            Even if I'm not posting here a lot, I do still lurk to sniff at the Shippy airflow. *nods*

*hugs Ship Family as well*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks!

Spoiler:
              I want to give a public thanks to my husband. He doesn't visit here but he knows about this place and he's incredibly understanding about my obsession. Well, he better be because it's his fault I ever started watching this show! I'm not a fan of scifi really but I tolerated his wanting to watch Stargate. Anyway, these last several days I spent every waking moment working on the video. Late nights, early mornings and long days in between. He occasionally drifted into the doorway (visions of Jack at Sam's door in Affinity ) and he even brought meals to me with commands to "Eat, now, while it's still warm." *wipes tears*
              Okay where did you get him from....Is there anymore like him around there

*hugs shipper family*
              And some people even hit you with fish. Now if that isn't love I don't know what is
              sigpic

Comment

Respectfully snipping so I can comment - and taking it out of spoilers as I do so...

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                Canon versus Fanon...

Personally, I definitely count the expanded-universe of the Official novelizations as part of the Canon universe.
                Ah, me too. I agree about them adding depth and texture. I especially love it when they're written by the same person who wrote the episode/show.

One of my all-time favorite novels ever is the book "Imzadi", by Peter David, which explores the beautiful backstory between Riker and Troi that was only vaguely hinted at during the Star Trek TNG series
                Oh yes, that was a terrific book and is the only of my ST:TNG books that I kept when I purged my library. And it's sequel.

James Swallow. This is the guy who wrote Relativity, the novel with perhaps the Shippiest plot of any of the SG1 novels yet published: Bitter Old Jack of the Future and his Brilliant Blond Daughter mess with time travel to right the wrongs of the past--including Daughter's Mother's (i.e., Sam's) death. Tell me that ain't Shippy?! This guy gets the Ship. I have no doubt of that.
                Hmmm...I have all of the SG1 novels and have yet to read them. I really want to read Swallow's book but have this thing about reading books in order. My trouble is that I can't seem to get through book 1. Add to that I really want to read APA's follow-on to that book. Gah...so many books/fics, so little time! But your synopsis has me really intrigued now.

I'm in favor of anything confirming the 'ship, as long as we get to see it on screen as well. I, too, liked the extension of the "Air" scene, like Bren said, there's nice mirroring there.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Thanks!

Spoiler:
                  OT Hubby
                  Spoiler:
                  When I finally fessed up to my husband that I wrote fanfic he was so supportive LOL. I still have trouble admitting I write fanfic He teases me but it's all in good nature. Plus I just remind him that it was HIS idea for me to watch Stargate to begin with. I married into our collection...

*hugs shipper family*
                  Yes, we are pretty awesome LOL

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Respectfully snipping so I can comment - and taking it out of spoilers as I do so...

Ah, me too. I agree about them adding depth and texture. I especially love it when they're written by the same person who wrote the episode/show.

Oh yes, that was a terrific book and is the only of my ST:TNG books that I kept when I purged my library. And it's sequel.

Hmmm...I have all of the SG1 novels and have yet to read them. I really want to read Swallow's book but have this thing about reading books in order. My trouble is that I can't seem to get through book 1. Add to that I really want to read APA's follow-on to that book. Gah...so many books/fics, so little time! But your synopsis has me really intrigued now.

I'm in favor of anything confirming the 'ship, as long as we get to see it on screen as well. I, too, liked the extension of the "Air" scene, like Bren said, there's nice mirroring there.
                  I think my view of novelizations as mass produced fanfiction came from my days of reading Star Trek novels. There are some pretty out there plots that sometimes didn't put the characters "back" so to speak (Peter David did that with a couple of his). With Voyager, there were two novels (Pathways, Mosaic) that were written by one of the producers and so I counted those as canon. Outside of those... well the thing is since I'm not all that interested in the novels (too many other books on my reading list), my canon is what I can get from what I watch.

Which is that they're sooooo married... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    Okay where did you get him from....Is there anymore like him around there

And some people even hit you with fish. Now if that isn't love I don't know what is
                    When he was trying to convince me to watch with him...
                    Hubs: You'll like the show. It's got MacGyver in it.
                    Me: *shrugs* Who's that?
                    Last edited by UhSir; 03 January 2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

So... *looks up at post count*

I thought I'd do a little lead up to my Big Post.

Here, I present you with a few of my favorite UST/flirting pre-relationship scenes. Subtext by me :

And last but certainly not least:

Comment

Some of my favorite post Resolution (which I swear it was even though we didn't see all of it onscreen) scenes. Subtext again by me:

Comment

And...

My absolute favorite scene:

which resulted in:

Comment

And...

Because it's been forever since I've posted it here, and it's never been posted on This Thread, I give you...

My Evidence that Sam and Jack are Together
                            Spoiler:
                            I've posted this a bunch on the Sam/Jack Gateworld forum, and rather than continually reposting it for newbies, I figured I'd post it here and stick it in my memories. It's the post-Threads evidence that Sam and Jack are together:

The reason I KNOW Jack and Sam are together, anything TPTB might do to indicate otherwise being so OOC as to be IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe, is:

1) After the events of Threads/end-of-Moebius, Jack would be a complete lying jerk if he actually left Sam after promising he'd 'always' be there for her in response to her coming to him (and 8 years of watching them interact and their looks during the scene tell me he understood exactly why she was on his back deck). Jack is not a jerk and a liar, therefore they are together. (see, logic?)

Some examples of the immediate change in their attitudes towards each other in Threads:

a) Actually sitting so close they're legs have to be touching close in the briefing room after not even sitting in chairs next to each other for the first part of the season:

b) Also, how close they were sitting while fishing:

c) He acts like a total Alpha Male around her at the beginning and end of Moebius, taking every opportunity to touch her:

and give her personal orders that he knows she'll follow:

c) He also admits he does what she says, "She won't even let me go back to see the Cubs win the World Series" exactly like a boyfriend and completely unlike a General talking about a Lieutenant Colonel. Because of course she's been giving him personal orders for years herself, he's just suddenly proud of the fact.

Okay. That, really, should be enough. BUUUTT.... Other less important reasons:

2) Sam has been WAY too happy and confident and completely free of angst after 8 years of angst for any explanation other than the angst is gone because she and Jack are together. You just don't dissolve your feelings and your need for happiness because you 'decided' to be happy. That's what she learned in Threads.

3) Jack would never ever ever have taken a deskjob in DC (one of his least favorite places in the universe) where he would have to wear his dress uniform all the time (his least favorite clothes) and spend all his time doing paperwork and meeting with politicians and diplomats (his least favorite activites). Unless Sam needed him to. So they could be together. No other explanation I can conceive of is not OOC... And he seemed so content and smug talking about it when he appeared on SGA's The Return II... and has appeared a lot less miserable about his current situation than he did when commanding the SGC, and his D.C. job has to be much worse than that ever was.

4) When Sam returns to the SGC in Beachhead, for some reason which makes no MILITARY sense, Landry is having to talk Jack into 'letting' Sam come back. There's something clearly beyond military decisions there, probably because Sam left in the first place on her choice and it's her decision to come back (remember, both Cam and Jack had 'any position you want' offers, you gotta assume Sam would as well). Sam gives a 'Jack' smile when reporting to Landry, a perfect example of her new-found happiness post S8:

Compare this to pre-with-Jack angst:

5) When Sam explained to Barrett whey she took a desk job, which also seems OOC, she gave some goofy explanation about Cassie. When he asked if she were single, she was WAY too smug and self satisfied for any explanation about being in an emotional 'holding pattern' of deciding she couldn't be with anyone but Jack but not actually being with him. People who are still pining ain't this happy:

6) In 4th Horsemen When Orlin told Sam they could wait to resume their 'relationship' until he was older, she looked hugely uncomfortable. And not in a negative way, she again gave that slightly smug, happy, and secretive smile like there was another reason she couldn't be with Orlin besides his age...

7) When Martouf came from an AU, Sam almost kissed him, but pulled back at the last moment clearly relieved. If she didn't have a prior emotional commitment, why not kiss him and satisfy her curiosity? She kept Martouf at a careful distance after that...

8) In The Return II on SGA, Jack tells Weir he's going home at the end to "a shower, hot toddy, and...." then he trails off smugly and suggestively. Many of us saw that as implying female type companionship, which would be the first time Jack has ever openly admitted to that without embarassment, because he's actually proud of his relationship with Sam. And he obviously has someone waiting for him at home, since he assumes all this coziness

9) Sam says d’oh in Line in the Sand when Cam brings her decaf. After 8 years of day-in-and-day out contact at work, she never picked up on that phrase, and still looked at him a bit oddly whenever he used it. Now she is using it casually and as if it is no big deal after two years of no real contact with him at work. Obviously they’ve been together a lot of screen and in a a very personal way if she’s finally picked up on one of his favorite phrases and integrated it so fully into her personality that she doesn’t even make a big deal out of saying it. Simlar to Dr. Carter saying ‘For Crying Out Loud’ in PoV.

10)Sam’s PERSONAL directory’s password is revealed as ‘Fishing’ in LiS. If she and Jack weren’t together, fishing should have a negative connotation, not be so closely associated with her PRIVATE life J.

11) In The Shroud, Sam and Jack are alone in her lab. They are comfortable and intimate with each other. They converse as equals, and without any of the UST or angst which has been a part of nearly all their interactions previously:

compared to, say:

which is what we would have seen in previous seasons.

12) Sam has a picture of herself fishing with Jack in her office when she's in command of Atlantis in Atlantis S4:

Which indicates 'fishing with Jack' is a way she wants to remember herself. She also has a picture of Jack alone in her private quarters:

Indicating a more personal relationship with him.

13) Though it was eventually deleted from the episode, a scene in SGA's S4 episode Trio clearly indicates Sam and Jack are in an ongoing relationship.

The very fact TPTB felt they COULD include this information indicates they've at least been writing to leave it open as a possibility for Sam and Jack to have been in a relationship all this time. And, really, Martin Gero here never denies the fact that Sam and Jack are in a relationship, just that this bit didn't really fit in this episode. And, in the commentary, Amanda Tapping states about Sam that she's saying here, "Jack's her fella."

14) Similarly, in the commentary for the SGA S4 Episode Quarantine, in discussing Sam, Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping have this exchange.

15) In Continuum, Sam and Jack are, as they've been since the end of S8, extremely comfortable around each other. They're filmed almost as standing apart from the rest of the group and seem almost to be having a private conversation during the ceremony. Additionally, in the montage which is meant to show how SG-1 is missing their old life, and Cam goes to his childhood home and Daniel goes to look at his book, Sam buys mislabeled Froot Loops with rather a sadly resigned attitude. The only significance to Froot Loops within the Stargate universe is as a callback to Window Of Opportunity in which Jack is eating them, which suggest it is, in fact, Jack which Sam is missing more than anything else from her old life. Additionally, in Continuum, in the final scene, Sam and Jack act very 'coupley' as Jack asks SG-1 (and seemingly not Sam) to lunch and, after a look from her, offers to pay.

16) At the end of Stargate Universe's Air Pt 1, when Sam and Jack have a video conversation over communications, they are extremely non-formal with each other. Most significantly, she doesn't refer to him as 'Sir'. Not once. And back before S8 she could hardly go two sentences without it.

17) Brad Wright in a fall of '08 interview stated that, to paraphrase, "If you want to imagine Sam and Jack have been in a relationship, then go ahead and imagine it, " which also indicates this is a valid interpretation of the art they've been producing. Similarly, at AT4 in fall of '09 Amanda Tapping stated she believes Jack and Sam are together romantically and have been since Sam stopped being in his direct chain-of-command, back even before she went to Atlantis (which would have been when he transferred to Washington after S8, but AT didn't state that explicitly) Joe Mallozzi has also stated he believes Sam and Jack got together after Threads. Which means interpreting her performance or his writing to infer Sam and Jack are together isn't a stretch, but is almost certainly the artist's intent as well.

18) Overall, there are many examples of Jackisms from Sam since S8 which indicate they've been spending time together: From Company of Thieves: twirling the wrench, from McKay and Mrs. Miller: snapping her thumbs, from Quest I: 'get a room'. Just too name a few than jump out at me right now.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The reason I and many others assume they're married is varied. Personally, I do so because, assuming they got talked into both staying in the military for duty/honor reasons, the best way to do so and still be close to each other in chain-of-command and not be breaking regs is by being married. Oddly, probably because marriage is a legally and socially binding contract considered more important than ones career, marriage between people who would otherwise be considered 'fraternizing' is allowed by the regs. Given Sam's fear of being left by those she loves and Jack's need to be there for her absolutely which I believe he admitted in Threads gives their marriage as the most likely solution to their problem. Also, people going into combat typically don't wait to marry for long because of the whole worry about imminent death thing.

My friend Megyn made a video based on this evidence.
                            This post and 5999 similar posts filled with babble and/or silliness have been brought to you by me.

For which I quite possibly owe many of you an apology

EDIT: OMG that's gotten looongggg.... *happy dance*
                            Last edited by JenniferJF; 03 January 2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

CONGRATS ON 6000 JENN!!!

Awesome gifs and the evidence can never be posted enough
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                And...
                                Because it's been forever since I've posted it here, and it's never been posted on This Thread, I give you...
                                My Evidence that Sam and Jack are Together
                                Spoiler:
                                I've posted this a bunch on the Sam/Jack Gateworld forum, and rather than continually reposting it for newbies, I figured I'd post it here and stick it in my memories. It's the post-Threads evidence that Sam and Jack are together:

The reason I KNOW Jack and Sam are together, anything TPTB might do to indicate otherwise being so OOC as to be IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe, is:

1) After the events of Threads/end-of-Moebius, Jack would be a complete lying jerk if he actually left Sam after promising he'd 'always' be there for her in response to her coming to him (and 8 years of watching them interact and their looks during the scene tell me he understood exactly why she was on his back deck). Jack is not a jerk and a liar, therefore they are together. (see, logic?)

Some examples of the immediate change in their attitudes towards each other in Threads:

a) Actually sitting so close they're legs have to be touching close in the briefing room after not even sitting in chairs next to each other for the first part of the season:

b) Also, how close they were sitting while fishing:

c) He acts like a total Alpha Male around her at the beginning and end of Moebius, taking every opportunity to touch her:

and give her personal orders that he knows she'll follow:

c) He also admits he does what she says, "She won't even let me go back to see the Cubs win the World Series" exactly like a boyfriend and completely unlike a General talking about a Lieutenant Colonel. Because of course she's been giving him personal orders for years herself, he's just suddenly proud of the fact.

Okay. That, really, should be enough. BUUUTT.... Other less important reasons:

2) Sam has been WAY too happy and confident and completely free of angst after 8 years of angst for any explanation other than the angst is gone because she and Jack are together. You just don't dissolve your feelings and your need for happiness because you 'decided' to be happy. That's what she learned in Threads.

3) Jack would never ever ever have taken a deskjob in DC (one of his least favorite places in the universe) where he would have to wear his dress uniform all the time (his least favorite clothes) and spend all his time doing paperwork and meeting with politicians and diplomats (his least favorite activites). Unless Sam needed him to. So they could be together. No other explanation I can conceive of is not OOC... And he seemed so content and smug talking about it when he appeared on SGA's The Return II... and has appeared a lot less miserable about his current situation than he did when commanding the SGC, and his D.C. job has to be much worse than that ever was.

4) When Sam returns to the SGC in Beachhead, for some reason which makes no MILITARY sense, Landry is having to talk Jack into 'letting' Sam come back. There's something clearly beyond military decisions there, probably because Sam left in the first place on her choice and it's her decision to come back (remember, both Cam and Jack had 'any position you want' offers, you gotta assume Sam would as well). Sam gives a 'Jack' smile when reporting to Landry, a perfect example of her new-found happiness post S8:

Compare this to pre-with-Jack angst:

5) When Sam explained to Barrett whey she took a desk job, which also seems OOC, she gave some goofy explanation about Cassie. When he asked if she were single, she was WAY too smug and self satisfied for any explanation about being in an emotional 'holding pattern' of deciding she couldn't be with anyone but Jack but not actually being with him. People who are still pining ain't this happy:

6) In 4th Horsemen When Orlin told Sam they could wait to resume their 'relationship' until he was older, she looked hugely uncomfortable. And not in a negative way, she again gave that slightly smug, happy, and secretive smile like there was another reason she couldn't be with Orlin besides his age...

7) When Martouf came from an AU, Sam almost kissed him, but pulled back at the last moment clearly relieved. If she didn't have a prior emotional commitment, why not kiss him and satisfy her curiosity? She kept Martouf at a careful distance after that...

8) In The Return II on SGA, Jack tells Weir he's going home at the end to "a shower, hot toddy, and...." then he trails off smugly and suggestively. Many of us saw that as implying female type companionship, which would be the first time Jack has ever openly admitted to that without embarassment, because he's actually proud of his relationship with Sam. And he obviously has someone waiting for him at home, since he assumes all this coziness

9) Sam says d’oh in Line in the Sand when Cam brings her decaf. After 8 years of day-in-and-day out contact at work, she never picked up on that phrase, and still looked at him a bit oddly whenever he used it. Now she is using it casually and as if it is no big deal after two years of no real contact with him at work. Obviously they’ve been together a lot of screen and in a a very personal way if she’s finally picked up on one of his favorite phrases and integrated it so fully into her personality that she doesn’t even make a big deal out of saying it. Simlar to Dr. Carter saying ‘For Crying Out Loud’ in PoV.

10)Sam’s PERSONAL directory’s password is revealed as ‘Fishing’ in LiS. If she and Jack weren’t together, fishing should have a negative connotation, not be so closely associated with her PRIVATE life J.

11) In The Shroud, Sam and Jack are alone in her lab. They are comfortable and intimate with each other. They converse as equals, and without any of the UST or angst which has been a part of nearly all their interactions previously:

compared to, say:

which is what we would have seen in previous seasons.

12) Sam has a picture of herself fishing with Jack in her office when she's in command of Atlantis in Atlantis S4:

Which indicates 'fishing with Jack' is a way she wants to remember herself. She also has a picture of Jack alone in her private quarters:

Indicating a more personal relationship with him.

13) Though it was eventually deleted from the episode, a scene in SGA's S4 episode Trio clearly indicates Sam and Jack are in an ongoing relationship.

The very fact TPTB felt they COULD include this information indicates they've at least been writing to leave it open as a possibility for Sam and Jack to have been in a relationship all this time. And, really, Martin Gero here never denies the fact that Sam and Jack are in a relationship, just that this bit didn't really fit in this episode. And, in the commentary, Amanda Tapping states about Sam that she's saying here, "Jack's her fella."

14) Similarly, in the commentary for the SGA S4 Episode Quarantine, in discussing Sam, Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping have this exchange.

15) In Continuum, Sam and Jack are, as they've been since the end of S8, extremely comfortable around each other. They're filmed almost as standing apart from the rest of the group and seem almost to be having a private conversation during the ceremony. Additionally, in the montage which is meant to show how SG-1 is missing their old life, and Cam goes to his childhood home and Daniel goes to look at his book, Sam buys mislabeled Froot Loops with rather a sadly resigned attitude. The only significance to Froot Loops within the Stargate universe is as a callback to Window Of Opportunity in which Jack is eating them, which suggest it is, in fact, Jack which Sam is missing more than anything else from her old life. Additionally, in Continuum, in the final scene, Sam and Jack act very 'coupley' as Jack asks SG-1 (and seemingly not Sam) to lunch and, after a look from her, offers to pay.

16) At the end of Stargate Universe's Air Pt 1, when Sam and Jack have a video conversation over communications, they are extremely non-formal with each other. Most significantly, she doesn't refer to him as 'Sir'. Not once. And back before S8 she could hardly go two sentences without it.

17) Brad Wright in a fall of '08 interview stated that, to paraphrase, "If you want to imagine Sam and Jack have been in a relationship, then go ahead and imagine it, " which also indicates this is a valid interpretation of the art they've been producing. Similarly, at AT4 in fall of '09 Amanda Tapping stated she believes Jack and Sam are together romantically and have been since Sam stopped being in his direct chain-of-command, back even before she went to Atlantis (which would have been when he transferred to Washington after S8, but AT didn't state that explicitly) Joe Mallozzi has also stated he believes Sam and Jack got together after Threads. Which means interpreting her performance or his writing to infer Sam and Jack are together isn't a stretch, but is almost certainly the artist's intent as well.

18) Overall, there are many examples of Jackisms from Sam since S8 which indicate they've been spending time together: From Company of Thieves: twirling the wrench, from McKay and Mrs. Miller: snapping her thumbs, from Quest I: 'get a room'. Just too name a few than jump out at me right now.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The reason I and many others assume they're married is varied. Personally, I do so because, assuming they got talked into both staying in the military for duty/honor reasons, the best way to do so and still be close to each other in chain-of-command and not be breaking regs is by being married. Oddly, probably because marriage is a legally and socially binding contract considered more important than ones career, marriage between people who would otherwise be considered 'fraternizing' is allowed by the regs. Given Sam's fear of being left by those she loves and Jack's need to be there for her absolutely which I believe he admitted in Threads gives their marriage as the most likely solution to their problem. Also, people going into combat typically don't wait to marry for long because of the whole worry about imminent death thing.

My friend Megyn made a video based on this evidence.
                                This made me go *squee* when I read it earlier. I then promptly emailed to a few friends. The video was awesome as well. Thanks for sharing. I'd go into detail, but I haven't seen all of these episodes yet...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X