• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    A sad start to 2010:

OT
    Spoiler:
    Please keep my family in your prayers. Our little dog was admitted to the pet hospital tonight. He's got multiple things wrong with him, and the doctors don't know if he'll make it through the night. I'm beside myself with worry, but trying to give it to the Lord.
    Spoiler:
    ((((((Jess)))))

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, pets can really become a part of the family, and when something happens to them it's incredible the pain you can feel.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A sad start to 2010:

OT
      Spoiler:
      Please keep my family in your prayers. Our little dog was admitted to the pet hospital tonight. He's got multiple things wrong with him, and the doctors don't know if he'll make it through the night. I'm beside myself with worry, but trying to give it to the Lord.
      Spoiler:
      Stay hopeful.
      My Aunt and Uncle's dog was bitten by a rattlesnake a few years ago. He was admitted to a hospital immediately. Tests were done, and they said he probably wouldn't make it through the night. So they took him home, gave him lots of love just like usual. And you know what? He made it through the night! And because of that he is still with us today He is one of the best dogs ever! So kind and loyal, he loves everyone. And he breaks up fights. Like when me and my sis are being rough, he will come in and gets between us. So don't give up hope under any circumstances. Things will get better, I'm sure.
      sigpic

Comment

im sure in public they are sir/Carter or General/Colonel but in private they are Jack and Sam.

Comment

A sad start to 2010:

OT
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          Jess be strong. I had a scare with my dog recently so I know how it feels, stay positive...
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

So get this. Tonight we're lolling about, killing a Saturday night. We've whomped some Lego Jedi on the Wii and then S. turns to me and says, "Hey, let's play Scrabble. Oh, and let's throw in some Stargate DVD's to play in the background."

Knock me over with a feather, why don't you?

So we figure out that she's about halfway through Season 3 on her iPod so we pop in disk 5 of Season 3 in the box set and set to playing and watching.

Then (remember, the Campfires were S's idea originally) she turns to me and says, (during the Kheb episode), "Hey, if Daniel and Teal'c are inside, then that means Sam and Jack are outside with a campfire. And that sparked a Campfire discussion (the fics, not the actual fires). And the next thing I know, we've mapped out four more stories!

Huh.

I think I'm in an alternate reality.

And, oh, is the Keb campfire funny! But you can't read it yet. Why? 'Cause I have to write the Campfires for:
            The Devil You Know
            Foothold
            Pretense
            Urgo
            A Hundred Days
            Shades of Grey
            New Ground

Sorry, I did try to get her to watch where I am currently in the series (between Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know), but she'd just watched those while at the gym.

I hadn't realized how shippy Nemesis and Small Victories are too. Wow. Even Thor's in on the 'ship, eh?

Carter is squatting down, her hands on top of a desk and her chin resting atop her hands. Her expression is distant, her thoughts obviously elsewehere.
            THOR
            What is your current thinking process?

[Carter stands up.]

CARTER
            Sorry, my mind was wandering for a second there.
            THOR
            You were thinking about the humans on your planet.
            CARTER
            Yes.
            THOR
            Colonel O'Neill is a very capable human.
            Interesting, eh?

But then again,
            WRITTEN BY - ]Robert C. Cooper
            DIRECTED BY - Martin Wood
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              SGU novel
              Spoiler:

OLD FRIEND?! OLD FREAKING FRIEND?? NO AUTHOR LET ME THE SHIPPER CORRECT YOU.... the CORRECT term would be "WIFE" and/or "LOVER" not "FRIEND" :: falls over twitching ::

I know, I know, I know... the authors aren't privy to TPTB brain. OFFICIALLY we haven't been told they're married or whatever... but... but... but... but...

THEY SO ARE.

Okay my hissy fit is done.

What was I saying about young 'uns? Maybe I'm not so old after all :: giggles ::
              Old friend, lmao. But look on the bright side the author is here on Gw. Go tell him how rong he is
              http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=15126

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                Old friend, lmao. But look on the bright side the author is here on Gw. Go tell him how rong he is
                http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=15126
                Wow.
                Spoiler:
                Thanks for the link, but I will admit to being taken aback by the rather harsh note.

Thanks to SJShipper for the excerpt.

I hear little people
                Jaaack.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*stumbles in blindly*
                  I've finished my video and it's uploading now. I'll post the 2010 list as soon as the loading gets done.

I think I'll probably never ever watch that episode again. Making this video, I had to watch Jack and Sam die over and over and over. I just can't bear to see it again.

Something new came to mind during this. In Nemesis while Jack is talking about fishing, Sam asks him if he's inviting her and sort of chokes out "Sir" (very adorably if I may say). I used to think she was just flustered/nervous/flattered but now (after listening to it over and over and over again in this video) I think her "Sir" sounds more like "Tsir" because she was about to say "Jack" but caught herself.

Comment

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work.

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
                    Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
                    Butterflies - Bekki
                    2010 - Bekki
                    The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
                    Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
                    24 in 2010 by vss

Videos
                    2010 - The Sam & Jack Show - BrenRen
                    2010 - No Happy Ending - XFchemist
                    2010 - akachan
                    Tribute by yessika *not available in all countries*
                    2010 ~ Love in Vain by UhSir

Artwork
                    Wallpaper - Josiane
                    Wp one 2010 - Starlover
                    Wp two 2010 - Starlover

Comment

Hello-ello-ello!! Anybody here-ere-ere?

Okay then I'll triple post.

I needed something to lift my shippy spirits so I made a separate video of the montage I used in the 2010 video. Be sure to scroll down on the page and watch it.

And maybe this'll shake some of you awake...

made by ÜberSG-1Fan

Comment

LOL, that reminds me! I got the SGA Commander Colonel Carter action figure for Christmas. It took me the longest time to realize something that made her different from my other Sam action figures (other than the hair, and the uniform . . . ).

Her figure nails have been painted pink!

LOL, that's *definitely* Jack's doing!
                        ROFL. Even the action figure guys have figured it out. And I remember when I was laughed at (in some circles) for saying Sam was more feminine recently

Comment

Every so slightly OT on SGU:Air novelizations:
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Ahh well. It is fanfiction after all...technically. Yes, it's extended but in the show, she didn't use a sir. Yes it was probably appropriate...but... lol

Edit-
                          Spoiler:
                          Technically....it wasn't written by BW or RCC (who wrote Air) so...no Canon...and I can continue to believe that she didn't say sir.

*is uber stubborn*

I'd actually had a transcript of that bit for some time and chosen not to share it...

But.. what you said. It's likely not even written by RCC and so is absolutely non reflective of 'reality' in the Stargate universe. That said, I did find it interesting based on two possibilities.

The first one is that it was made up by Swallow (the author) himself because he felt the scene was missing a moment when Jack (who on the surface, and most of those authors to include Swallow aren't really *fans* let alone paying close attention to Sam/Jack, appears to be nothing more than Sam's good friend) asks her how she's doing. Of course, given what we believe to be true (and have a large and growing body of evidence to support that belief), that they've actually been a couple in one way or the other for years, it makes sense he wouldn't ask - he sees her, *knows* she's okay, and doesn't even need to ask. They've actually reached a level of intimacy where that sort of 'small talk' is unnecessary. But not realizing that, Swallow adds it in because, without that missing key, it doesn't make sense that he doesn't ask. Similarly, he has Sam say 'sir' not even noticing she doesn't say it in the rest of the scene and, even if he had, he wouldn't have been aware of the significance of it in showing a greater intimacy between the two.

The second possibility is that it *was* in the original script but taken out during the filming. This idea also makes room for the idea that there were actually more 'sirs' in the original script which were also taken out during the filming because they didn't 'fit'. When Swallow kept in that last exchange he simply *didn't* take out the final 'sir'.

There are two possible reasons for this. The first is that someone somewhere in the process between script and screen realized it didn't fit with the backstory they'd been basing Sam and Jack on for years and so it was removed. The second is that, given Sam's looking straight at the screen and asking where the Icarus crew was ended the episode, that was considered a better dramatic beat to end Part One on and so the final exchange was removed. Either way, the last exchange doesn't match with the rest in which she doesn't say 'sir', which means someone possibly still went and removed the 'sirs' from the rest of the scene

And, anyway you look at it, 'old friend' is *definitely* added by Swallow himself as a way of avoiding saying "Colonel Carter" or "Sam" or "her" again in the writing process and is certainly insignificant in view of the status of 'the ship'

Like I said, I've seen this before and these comments are based in part on a convo I've had elsewhere with someone on this topic before...

OT Pol's life and Mine:
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          So get this. Tonight we're lolling about, killing a Saturday night. We've whomped some Lego Jedi on the Wii and then S. turns to me and says, "Hey, let's play Scrabble. Oh, and let's throw in some Stargate DVD's to play in the background."
                          Hmmm.. Sounds a bit like our evening here. Only between rounds of Scrabble hubs and I played a bit of WoW and it was the kids mostly taking turns with Lego Star Wars on the DS.
                          Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          I hadn't realized how shippy Nemesis and Small Victories are too. Wow. Even Thor's in on the 'ship, eh?

Carter is squatting down, her hands on top of a desk and her chin resting atop her hands. Her expression is distant, her thoughts obviously elsewehere.
                          THOR
                          What is your current thinking process?

[Carter stands up.]

CARTER
                          Sorry, my mind was wandering for a second there.
                          THOR
                          You were thinking about the humans on your planet.
                          CARTER
                          Yes.
                          THOR
                          Colonel O'Neill is a very capable human.
                          Interesting, eh?

But then again,
                          WRITTEN BY - ]Robert C. Cooper
                          DIRECTED BY - Martin Wood
                          Exactly.

And you're so right. I *adore* those two episodes, btw, for not only the overt ship but those little moments like that one in which Sam's feelings have been so obvious even Thor gets them

EDIT: I also updated my Evidence, btw. Just now. Man, sometimes LJ can be a pain!
                          Last edited by JenniferJF; 03 January 2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

sorry I'm going very off thread here but I know that here is where the most avid fans are based....can anyone tell me the name of the episode where a gould comes through the stargate who likes to eat...I think he is based on Bacchus/Dionysis but I don't think that is his gould name. Can anyone help as it is driving me mad!
                            sigpic
                            I Believe
                            My FanFiction

Comment

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
                              sorry I'm going very off thread here but I know that here is where the most avid fans are based....can anyone tell me the name of the episode where a gould comes through the stargate who likes to eat...I think he is based on Bacchus/Dionysis but I don't think that is his gould name. Can anyone help as it is driving me mad!
                              Beachhead, then again in Off the Grid.

*happy sigh*

I love those episodes...

Individually Frosted Cakes is still a joke around here.

Comment

I gave up MQ after the 20th one so...

SamJackShipper93 Thank you for posting those excepts and for taking the time out to post Air transcript (well the bit that counted). More on that in a moment but first...

OT Pet
                                Spoiler:
                                Huggles for your dog. I know how much pets become part of the family and how important they are. Positive vibes for you. I hope for the best

Regarding the movies; again nothing really new there. It's just a waiting game now. When will it happen. I'm kind of half hoping that MGM sells off the Stargate franchise so some other more enterprising studio can get on with it. Can't see it happening though because, ultimately, it's a huge cash cow for them.

Air transcript:

Spoiler:
                                So much has already been said but, yeah, I am in the camp of "sowhat". It was entirely the opinion of the author. If an author doesn't see ship they won't write it there. I think the Sir was perfectly ok in context of their working relationship. And she can still be his old friend and his lover.

Then again, I'm one of those who had never really cared much for the idea of SGU having anything at al to do with Sam/Jack ship, so to me none of it is really relevant.

Pol Oh yes I agree on Nemesis / Small Victories. In fact, it is still our EOTW and we haven't done a RT viewing yet? Anyone up for one some time this week? If would be a lovely way to kick of the Shipper rewatch for season 4 too. I promise to add shippy bits from the commentaries too... oh what hardship that shall be!

Umm, there was more but I've forgotten it all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X