Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a. loquita View Post
    Hi fellow shippers *waves*

I occurred to me as I did my annual round-up on my journal, that a lot of what I wrote in 2009 never got posted to fanfiction.net. I know some people here don’t hang around on LJ and thus, have probably missed about half of my fanfic from this last year. Thought I’d provide a link to the 2009 summary of fic just in case one or two people might be interested? As always, happy to hear reactions and thoughts even if it’s old fic.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2010 brings lots of blessings to all, and maybe a new SG-1 movie?!
    Gosh I hope so. 2010 is such a special year for SG-1 that I can't imagine if we didn't get something substantial to to stimulate the franchise.

Of course, it's all about the money and the politics involved.

Brad had a small article in this months SG-1/SGA/SGU magazine. He's said nothing new, just that they've been halted.

Movies Not Moving
    Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis TV Movies Halted

It seems that even the movie world is suffering because of the recession, and Stargate is no exception. In an online interview, Stargate showrunner Brad Wright confirmed that the eagerly awaited movies are on hold for the time being.

Said the Producer: "The market for DVD is terrible, quite frankly, and this is a buisness. We have scripts, we have a desire to make these movies, but naturally, MGM is not going to proceed with them unless they can be successful." For now at least, it looks as if our interplanetary wanderers are stranded. Bet Sam Carter would be able to MacGyver a way to fix the economy...
    LOL, I like the last sentence though.
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by a. loquita View Post
      Hi fellow shippers *waves*

It occurred to me as I did my annual round-up on my journal, that a lot of what I wrote in 2009 never got posted to fanfiction.net. (Oops!) I know some people here don’t hang around on LJ and thus, have probably missed about half of my fanfic from this last year. Thought I’d provide a link to the 2009 summary of fic just in case one or two people might be interested? As always, happy to hear reactions and thoughts even if it’s old fic.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2010 brings lots of blessings to all, and maybe a new SG-1 movie?!
      Thanks for the link (I don't do LJ... it scares me) - love your stuff and look forward to reading!

Comment

Little bit of shippiness from the magazine from Amanda's recent interview as well:

During Stargate SG-1's 10 seasons on the air, Samantha Carter found herself attracted to a few men, human and alien. A large and very vocal portion of the show's fans (that's us! ), or "shippers" longed for her and Jack O'Neill to get together, but military rules did not permit that.

"My character's relationship with O'Neill was probably the most influential and had the most longevity because he's not dead and hasn't gone away," says Tapping. "There was a flirtatious side of Sam that she was always afraid to show, and an awkward sexuality to her that I find to be quite endearing because she never really explored that side of herself. With O'Neill, I think Sam saw the possibility of everything. There was a sexuality to it [their relationship] and a maturity. It was also quite intimate and, perhaps, because it was so forbidden, it was almost safe for Sam to think about because she knew she couldn't act on it. So it could be the ultimate fantasy."
        sigpic
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

sounds exciting Bekki....

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

That's the polite version ^^^

Don't make me use the alternative
            I know I'm gonna regret this, but. What's the alternative?

EDIT: I almost forgot to remove the IMG tags from the pic. How ironic...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Little bit of shippiness from the magazine from Amanda's recent interview as well:
              I went to 4 book stores looking for that. Glad someone found it!

*kicks Pennsylvania book stores and their slowness*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

During Stargate SG-1's 10 seasons on the air, Samantha Carter found herself attracted to a few men, human and alien. A large and very vocal portion of the show's fans, or "shippers" longed for her and Jack O'Neill to get together, but military rules did not permit that.

"My character's relationship with O'Neill was probably the most influential and had the most longevity because he's not dead and hasn't gone away," says Tapping. "There was a flirtatious side of Sam that she was always afraid to show, and an awkward sexuality to her that I find to be quite endearing because she never really explored that side of herself. With O'Neil, I think Sam saw the possibility of everything. There was a sexuality to it [their relationship] and a maturity. It was also quite intimate and, perhaps, because it was so forbidden, it was almost safe for Sam to think about because she knew she couldn't act on it. So it could be the ultimate fantasy."
                i don't really know how i feel about this quip. while i like what she's saying , it also doesn't really seem to be up to date, regarding where they are 'now', you know?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i don't really know how i feel about this quip. while i like what she's saying , it also doesn't really seem to be up to date, regarding where they are 'now', you know?
                  You gotta remember it was for a Very General Stargate audience. What I find interesting is that she used the present tense to refer to O'Neill's still being in Sam's life and not dead... and the past tense for the rest. Because it does fit with the events of Grace and Affinity especially and up to the point Jack left the show as a regular. Affinity especially showed Sam was trying to convince herself her feelings for Jack were *only* based on the fantasy of perfect romance... And I'd say the Sam we've seen since S8 is definitely changed, and a good way of looking at it is, unlike the early season Sam, after Threads she really didn't act sexually shy and naive but seemed very self-confident including in displaying her sexuality (take Sam in S10 after shopping with Vala compared to her awkwardness in the Blue Dress in Emancipation...)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    I agree. She's definetely talking about the earlier seasons. In fact, this whole section of the article was Amanda's thoughts on Sam's relationships with Jack, Jacob, Janet, Cassie, and her other love interests during SG-1's run.

'Cause we all know what AT think about the status of Sam/Jack's relationship *now*.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      What I find interesting is that she used the present tense to refer to O'Neill's still being in Sam's life and not dead... and the past tense for the rest.
                      but what does that mean, to what is being said about sam and jack?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I agree. She's definetely talking about the earlier seasons. In fact, this whole section of the article was Amanda's thoughts on Sam's relationships with Jack, Jacob, Janet, Cassie, and her other love interests during SG-1's run.

'Cause we all know what AT think about the status of Sam/Jack's relationship *now*.
                        ah!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          You gotta remember it was for a Very General Stargate audience. What I find interesting is that she used the present tense to refer to O'Neill's still being in Sam's life and not dead... and the past tense for the rest. Because it does fit with the events of Grace and Affinity especially and up to the point Jack left the show as a regular. Affinity especially showed Sam was trying to convince herself her feelings for Jack were *only* based on the fantasy of perfect romance... And I'd say the Sam we've seen since S8 is definitely changed, and a good way of looking at it is, unlike the early season Sam, after Threads she really didn't act sexually shy and naive but seemed very self-confident including in displaying her sexuality (take Sam in S10 after shopping with Vala compared to her awkwardness in the Blue Dress in Emancipation...)
                          I totally agree!! I wish someone reaching their 2000 mark would do 100 looks of Sam I love that pic (you know which one, that cat with the canary!!) in S. 9 and I think comparing Sam in S. 10 shopping at VS with Vala and who Sam was at the beginning of the series (trying too hard to be "one of the guys" in some ways). I kind of feel like her relationship with Pete was not only her trying to convince herself she could move on - but also a way for herself to explore who she was as a woman. I think what made Pete so alluring to her was the way he looked at her and treated her. Jack looked at Sam too but he always fell back to a platonic or commander/subordinate relationship. Pete gave her the chance to pull out the clothes she never wore and put on the impractical heels and to forget for five minutes that the world was about to be invaded (again).

OT LJ first:
                          Spoiler:
                          Was messaging back to Loquita and it made me think - I've never asked *why* LJ? Is it better than ff.net and why?

Second OT - Mike Rowe and Dirty Jobs
                          Spoiler:
                          All you women wanting to kiss him. I don't think you would after watching this episode. I didn't know *that's* how they castrated sheep. :: shudders ::

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                            That's why! I love Bones so much!!! I even made a Social group!!! And I have about 7 tabs open just with Bones stuff!! (I know, I'm being a bad shipper)

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
                            Bones is great.

As much as I love stargate and sam/jack, bones and brennan/booth are also great.
                            Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            I love them too!
                            Booth/Brennan... *sigh* Let's put it this way. If asked 'Which came first, the TV Show or the Fanfiction?' I'd probably say fanfiction.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Welcome Nataliafrs

Welcome Leucothea29
                            *waves* Thanks...

Another comment - Has anyone else noticed (yes, of course you have, but I just now noticed that - ) that the icon for 'love' is ? They were totally fated for each other.

Off to read more fanfiction
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                              I totally agree!! I wish someone reaching their 2000 mark would do 100 looks of Sam I love that pic (you know which one, that cat with the canary!!) in S. 9 and I think comparing Sam in S. 10 shopping at VS with Vala and who Sam was at the beginning of the series (trying too hard to be "one of the guys" in some ways).
                              This?

There's also this:

It's also what I like about this:

Because she's not used to *seeing* herself seen that way - as purely female and not Lieutenant Colonel Carter. Jack - typically - has done that behind her back. This is blatant, as is his getting her from behind later. And at first she's startled.. and tempted to be offended.. and you can almost see her come to realize it's not *really* that bad to be wanted that way. Even in uniform in Daniel's lab

Comment

Originally posted by Leucothea29 View Post
                                Another comment - Has anyone else noticed (yes, of course you have, but I just now noticed that - ) that the icon for 'love' is ? They were totally fated for each other.

Off to read more fanfiction
                                Yes, we feel very special that our couple is the icon!!!

And check our sigs - a lot of us have links to our fiction there (shamelessly points to her own sig) See? I'm such a nerd... :: goes off to write more fanfiction ::

Comment

Working...
                                X