Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Sleep is for the weak. And the well-rested.
    Sleep? What sleep? That word ain't in my dictionary

*looks at clock* ...oh...only 1 am
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      ANGST...

S/J explain that an Entity took Sam over...and the..erm...entity broke the thread...

(snipped)
      this is too juicy to ignore. time for stupidy ahead...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_159.jpg

jack: ... i'm sorry, sam, i should have paced myself.

~later that day~
      http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_119.jpg

sam: yes, jack, you should have!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_166.jpg

jack: i'm sorry, honey...

~next day~
      http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_163.jpg

~later, same day~
      http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_179.jpg

sam: ... jack, you did it again...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_147.jpg

sam: PACE. YOUR. SELF

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_148.jpg

jack: i'm trying, really...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/PDVD_153.jpg

janet: again!?

jack: it's not my fault she's so hot!

*squees *
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
        I think I'm read so much stuff that's OoC, that they have to be kissing/breaking the regs or just not *sound* like them for me to be bothered by it.

And sometimes I'll admit, I read OoC...just because.

it depends on the out of character behaviors that's in the fic, but if it's them breaking the regs to be physically together, i have no probs with it.

for me, part of the 'fun' of reading fics is to able to go places that the show would never do.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          Well the plot idea I had would have been set when she was a Captain (or even AU with a non-military Sam) with a completely made up character. I don't see Pete as an abuser - and like you I just see it as a distortion of his character (and I feel that often times it's a projected dislike of the character - a demonizing if you will). I was actually looking at doing more of an emotional/verbal abuse - sort of a different take.
          i could see the ingredients for badpete (just from the writing of him checking up on her, following her, getting irked that she wouldn't tell him what he wanted to know), but i can't see sam taking it. that's part of why i was so ticked that sam appeared to forgive his misdeeds at the end of 'chimera'.

but going strictly by how he was written (especially after 'chimera'), the worst i could see pete going is smothering sam with attention and love. that's really not a bad flaw to inflict on someone , expect if you don't like the smothering (like me ).

but, for me, no matter who sam's boyfriend was (and who was cast as him), pete would be disliked by the majority of shippers. by default, he's the enemy.

I'll put up with OOC... to an extent. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to see S/J say SCREW THE REGS - but I'm picky about that. I hate the long drawn out conversations of "Are you sure?" "What about our careers?" and of course it's always assume they're going to get court martialed. Which is why I wrote my AU Supposed Crime Because I wanted to fulfill my eff-you fantasy in fic to my own satisfaction LOL

If the author only slides out of the lines a little I'll keep reading but if we start scribbling all over the page... and I absolutely SCREAM if they keep them on the same team at the end of the fic. Usually I won't even read the last few paragraphs if I find out they're going to stay on SG-1 together. And then I'm sad I even finished the fic.

i don't mind them staying on the same team, b/c i think they 'could' do that, it would just be a challenge to handle their feelings not getting in the way. but i think that's part of the fun in watching that journey, to see if they 'can' do it.

anyone that knows me knows i LOVE gutter, but there's this one author on s/j always fanfic site that i can't read, b/c she has sam and jack acting soooooo out of character that i can't stand 'seeing' them in her fics. but to each his/her own, b/c for that author, she's writing from her heart, and even though i don't enjoy her fics, she does and there's others that do. so i applaud her following her heart , but i just don't read her fics.

~edit: my post count has 1,2,3,4,5, but not in order
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

But, I still stand by my view that I've yet to see it believably conveyed in a fic because IMO most of the time the author has had to distort Sam's characterisation, sometimes quite subtly, to make the fic drama work.
            i've seen that, where an author wants to do a certain idea so badly that they go ahead and do it, but twist the characters to fit the idea.

like how they slipped vala into the sgc and sg1... i never felt vala was out of character, it was everyone else putting up with it that was! to me at least.

(try to imagine jack putting up with her shenanigans... )

that went somewhere i didn't mean it to go.

i was going to say that one time i read a fic where someone had sam with an eating disorder... i felt the author had the disorder, and wanted to work through her issues by having sam have it to, but 'distorted' sam to make it work. i had to quit the fic. i just wasn't 'seeing' sam in there anymore.

but i still enjoy going places in fics that aren't always comfortable for the characters or the readers. it all depends for me 'how' it's done. i can pretty much read anything.

(except sam dying fics... )
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i could see the ingredients for badpete (just from the writing of him checking up on her, following her, getting irked that she wouldn't tell him what he wanted to know), but i can't see sam taking it. that's part of why i was so ticked that sam appeared to forgive his misdeeds at the end of 'chimera'.
              I think Sam forgave his misdeeds for the very same reason she was willing to settle for him at all - she was so, IMHO, desperate for love and appreciation, to have that part of her which she (and Jack, really) had long denied feel fulfilled that she was willing to let other things 'slip'.

Which, maybe now that I think about it, if you were to go with a Why Sam (the actual canon character) Would Put Up With Abuse might be the key to explaining it. That Sam was so needing to be loved and to have a 'normal life' outside the SGC that she was willing to put up with more than she should have in order to make Pete 'fit' that picture.

Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Which in fact should not be necessary if any kind of accuracy is to be achieved, because she can be exactly who she is and still have difficulty in dealing with such a situation. Especially if it's true that Jonas treated her that way and then it happened again with another partner, because that's even harder to get your head around and deal with.
                sam was a bit door matty in 'chimera', so i could see her getting in over her head...

just not with pete. he's too much of a wuss.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  <snipped for space>

(except sam dying fics... )
                  *whistles innocently*

I haven't written one of those in a long, long time...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*whistles innocently*

I haven't written one of those in a long, long time...

*slaps Amanda* And you're not going to write it either...

*glares*

Okay...who brainwashed me in here? I'm listening to corny Christmas music at 2:24 am.... and I have Death Knell ready in my DVD player to watch but am delaying it because of the music
                    sigpic

Comment

*slaps Amanda* And you're not going to write it either...

*glares*

Okay...who brainwashed me in here? I'm listening to corny Christmas music at 2:24 am.... and I have Death Knell ready in my DVD player to watch but am delaying it because of the music
                      OWW! What's with the abuse today?

And actually I have one half written on my laptop....

*runs from Sally*

Comment

OWW! What's with the abuse today?

And actually I have one half written on my laptop....

*runs from Sally*

...you need to get your head straight again...we're only helping...that's not abuse...

...you have a half one on that crashing laptop of yours? It's so staying there...half written...never to be finished...or finished with a happy ending...

sigpic

Comment

...you need to get your head straight again...we're only helping...that's not abuse...

...you have a half one on that crashing laptop of yours? It's so staying there...half written...never to be finished...or finished with a happy ending...

There's a saying "You can kill someone with kindness"...I'm gonna do that to you guys but with fluff, ha!

There's no way it could have a happy ending...it's really past angsty... Which is why it won't get finished.

Oh look...angst!

Though they're engaged...so it's fluff...HA!

Comment

Kill us with fluff*falls over laughing*

Really....not going to happen...

Have you ever seen how crowded the angst and gutter parts of the ship are? Every fluffy thing will be either gutterized or angsterized(is that a word? ) ...

as for your pic ...that is so ANGST...they 're both going to die...and...are saying goodbye...and...love...and...Daniel is watching but not interrupting(a miracle! ) ...and...I got nothing...
                            sigpic

Comment

Though they're engaged...so it's fluff...HA!
                              They're being engaged - and about to die - makes it really angsty.

Oh.

Look.

This is what Sam looks like when she's got everything she really wants, even if not all immediately readily available all the time:
                              Spoiler:
                              I love that pic...

(I told you I'm not into AUs )

Comment

Okay...I have a fluff problem, I'll admit it.

I just took my dogs out and was thinking fluffy things and my Mom asked me if I was okay...I asked why and she said "because you have this funny smile on your face...it's like your laughing at something..."...

Yes, I am a fluff addict...and I need help.

Angst people, angst!!

Comment

Working...
                                X