Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    And I think you're absolutely right, Cags...about going back for seconds and thirds. Even Joe M said that it was safe to assume that what we saw was "just the tip of the iceberg..."

Start writing woman!

I know it has been written before but I would love to see your version
    sigpic

Comment

I was just wondering if there aren't new vids or artworks for the 2010 show? (well, I gave my contribution...)

sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        I'm convinced that Jack did tell Sam about the little looping fiasco because I believe that there was something more beneath that little bit in Continuum where Sam puts the frooties in her cart. Just like we immediately associate frootloops with "Window of Opportunity", I think that Sam and Jack do as well.
        I think, in light of the entirety of their lives, froot loops being tied to the incidents of WoO would be largely insignificant to Sam and Jack themselves. In other words, I don't think either of them sees Froot Loops and thinks of that time Jack and Teal'c were looping through time... and I certainly don't think Froot Loops was ever considered by either of them to have any significance to their relationship. That, really, is a fandom/shipper thing.

What I do think is significant about the Froot Loops is that we know from WoO that it's a breakfast cereal Jack eats. And, frankly, it doesn't seem like a breakfast cereal Sam would eat. We also know, of course, that The Powers that Be *know* we know... So what's important in my humble opinion about Froot Loops is that, given the purpose of that montage in Continuum was to show Sam, like Cam and Dan, missing the life she'd left behind, buying Froot Loops must be a part of that life. And I'm assuming Sam didn't buy them for herself not only does she not seem the type, but if they were for her why would she have been sad about buying them? I can't imagine a wrong cereal name is anything like Daniel's failure to be proven right or Cam's family never having existed . So the only logical conclusion is that she's missing froot loops because they are tied into the life she used to have but can't have now, and since we've been trained to see Froot Loops as Jack's cereal, it's a clue to us that what she's missing is her life with Jack - which we can assume involved.. you know.. stocking up on Froot Loops... 'just in case' they happened to be eating breakfast together wherever she lived

See? Gutter/angst/and fluff can coexist at the same time

Personally, I think this is a far 'shippier' interpretation of that bit than simply an association with the events of Window of Opportunity.

Comment

Happy New Year Sam/Jack shippers

click for bigger

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            I think, in light of the entirety of their lives, froot loops being tied to the incidents of WoO would be largely insignificant to Sam and Jack themselves. In other words, I don't think either of them sees Froot Loops and thinks of that time Jack and Teal'c were looping through time... and I certainly don't think Froot Loops was ever considered by either of them to have any significance to their relationship. That, really, is a fandom/shipper thing.

What I do think is significant about the Froot Loops is that we know from WoO that it's a breakfast cereal Jack eats. And, frankly, it doesn't seem like a breakfast cereal Sam would eat. We also know, of course, that The Powers that Be *know* we know... So what's important in my humble opinion about Froot Loops is that, given the purpose of that montage in Continuum was to show Sam, like Cam and Dan, missing the life she'd left behind, buying Froot Loops must be a part of that life. And I'm assuming Sam didn't buy them for herself not only does she not seem the type, but if they were for her why would she have been sad about buying them? I can't imagine a wrong cereal name is anything like Daniel's failure to be proven right or Cam's family never having existed . So the only logical conclusion is that she's missing froot loops because they are tied into the life she used to have but can't have now, and since we've been trained to see Froot Loops as Jack's cereal, it's a clue to us that what she's missing is her life with Jack - which we can assume involved.. you know.. stocking up on Froot Loops... 'just in case' they happened to be eating breakfast together wherever she lived

Personally, I think this is a far 'shippier' interpretation of that bit than simply an association with the events of Window of Opportunity.
            Amen Jennifer. I was thinking the same thing. That they spend so much time together that Sam normally buys a box a Froot Loops so that Jack has breakfast. In Continuum it's almost as though she goes "Oh what the hell," when she throws them in her cart. She doesn't eat them, but it reminds of the life she lost. The life she wants back.

I have a friend who before him and his wife were married would put lime in his water and eat "pan arabe" (bread they eat in Peru) because she was on another continent and he missed her something fierce. So I like to imagine that during Continuum she ate Froot Loops just because it connected her to Jack.

:: sob ::

Now I have a plot bunny. DANG IT...

Comment

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!

I had a friend who had an entire drawer full of Victoria Secret's underwear, including thongs, purchased specifically for wear under BDUs. It made her happy to know what she had on underneath all that camo

I could see Sam doing something like that post S8. After all, we did see her with that Victoria's Secret bag in her hand..

*headdesk*

I'm gonna have strange dreams tonight after that thought. I wonder if sleeping with a shotgun next to me will keep the stenos at bay. Oh, wait. I already do. It doesn't.
              That's right. I loved that scene. It was definitely a 'different' Sam we saw post S8.

RST anyone?

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              I'm so totally in the middle of both Jenn and Twilight

I think there'd be instances where Jack would be like "I want you NOW" and other times where I think she'd want to be girly and have on that sexy lingerie. And I have a feeling that Sam would love to have Jack speechless with something other than technobable...

Oh.

Plot bunny right there.
              I agree with you. As in life somethings we want NOW and there are other times when we like the teasin... uh taking our time.

Love that bolded sentenance Amanda.

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
              Hello everyone! I'm new here but have been following discussion for some time. Nice to finally be part of this biiiig family
              Welcome

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
              Yes! Remember that sweet little tank top number?
              Yes. Jack did give the impression that at some point he expected to see her wearing it again, didnt' he **wags eyebrows**

Originally posted by ddc View Post
              Shouldn't we have wished Sam a Happy 41st Birthday yesterday (based on the ID that shows her birth date as December 29, 1968)? As someone who shares that day (but closer to Jack's age than Sam's) I know how easy it is for a birthday between Christmas & New Year's to get overlooked.

Happy Birthday SAM!!!!!!

Oh, totally. No fear of that, I suspect

See.

I think what we really need is an actual BHK....

I'm just sayin'.

EDIT: Laugh-out-loud Jumble. We were just discussing my abbreviations. Apparently my new years resolution should be no more abbreviations. Ever...
              YES!!

And one from Sam and Jack too

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Depends...do people fish nekkid?
              All the time Alan.

All the time.

Originally posted by SpacedOutAgain View Post
              Popping in to wish you all a very Happy New Year 2010!!! xx
              Thank you. We wish you the same.

It's an oldie of mine, but it's actually a New Year's Story, so if anyone's in the mood:

Celebrating
              Always Jen.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Which brings up a couple of interesting questions; Assuming Jack and Sam are together and have been for some time, do you think Jack ever told Sam about the lopping kiss(es) ( because I'm convined he went back for seconds and probably thirds? ) And do you think Sam ever told Jack about her halluncinations on board the Prometheus?
              How do you think the other would have reacted to being told those things?
              I agree that it came up re the Frooties ref in Continum. It could have come up on some lazy evening with them discussing some of their craziest missions/experiences.

Somehow the Prometheus thing I'm not sure would have come up with Sam but hey, I'm willing to read some good fic that could prove me wrong.

**hint hint**

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

I'm convinced that Jack did tell Sam about the little looping fiasco because I believe that there was something more beneath that little bit in Continuum where Sam puts the frooties in her cart. Just like we immediately associate frootloops with "Window of Opportunity", I think that Sam and Jack do as well.

Agreed.
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                I was just wondering if there aren't new vids or artworks for the 2010 show? (well, I gave my contribution...)

Funny you should mention it... I am working on mine right now *shamelessly leaving important stuff for the very last minute*
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                  Start writing woman!

I know it has been written before but I would love to see your version
                  **Waves**

Nice to see you

Spoiler:

Well said.

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  Amen Jennifer. I was thinking the same thing. That they spend so much time together that Sam normally buys a box a Froot Loops so that Jack has breakfast. In Continuum it's almost as though she goes "Oh what the hell," when she throws them in her cart. She doesn't eat them, but it reminds of the life she lost. The life she wants back.

I have a friend who before him and his wife were married would put lime in his water and eat "pan arabe" (bread they eat in Peru) because she was on another continent and he missed her something fierce. So I like to imagine that during Continuum she ate Froot Loops just because it connected her to Jack.

:: sob ::

Now I have a plot bunny. DANG IT...
                  Don't fight the bunnies Twilight.

They're more powerful than you can ever imagine.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Actually, I have that theory . In fact, I mentioned in my Back from Atlantis fic that Froot Loops had started being in the Atlantis requisitions since Sam went there.. cause I can totally see her eating them from time to time 'in memory'. I like to think the sight (and smell - those things have a strong sweet odor) remind her of 'home.' Of course, being also Sam the Scientist, she no doubt feels really stupid eating them, which I think is the source of her resignation while throwing them into the cart.

Comment

If someone has something new to add, this is the list. I made a vid (and this is really "the harderst story that I've ever told!!!) I hope you like it!

I added my friend akachan's vid too!!!

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
                      Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
                      Butterflies - Bekki
                      2010 - Bekki
                      The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
                      Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
                      24 in 2010 by vss
                      Videos
                      2010 - The Sam & Jack Show - BrenRen
                      2010 - No Happy Ending - XFchemist
                      2010 - akachan

Artwork
                      Wallpaper - Josiane
                      Wp one 2010 - Starlover
                      Wp two 2010 -Starlover

In thumbnails for this post(so you can see those ugly wps if you want) :
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                        Don't fight the bunnies Twilight.

They're more powerful than you can ever imagine.
                        They are... I'll have something for you all later today :: headdesk ::

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Which brings up a couple of interesting questions; Assuming Jack and Sam are together and have been for some time, do you think Jack ever told Sam about the lopping kiss(es) ( because I'm convined he went back for seconds and probably thirds? ) And do you think Sam ever told Jack about her halluncinations on board the Prometheus?
                          How do you think the other would have reacted to being told those things?
                          I think if the opportunity presented it self; yes, Jack would have told Sam, otherwise, so out of the blue; no. The same counts for Sam...and if they told each other...they would of course have to repeat the kiss and do it proper so tha tboth of them remember it

....a new chapter of PB? *goes to shop to buy a new beating stick*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            I think if the opportunity presented it self; yes, Jack would have told Sam, otherwise, so out of the blue; no. The same counts for Sam...and if they told each other...they would of course have to repeat the kiss and do it proper so tha tboth of them remember it
                            "So Sam there was that one time in a time loop..."

....a new chapter of PB? *goes to shop to buy a new beating stick*
                            O.o o.O WAIT A DOGGONE MINUTE... I'm the beta here and that means I do the beating And how the heck am I supposed to get a 14 page chapter done in a day? You do not rush an artist....

Comment

"So Sam there was that one time in a time loop..."
                              "You kissed me. I know...so now make it by going fishing with me"

O.o o.O WAIT A DOGGONE MINUTE... I'm the beta here and that means I do the beating And how the heck am I supposed to get a 14 page chapter done in a day? You do not rush an artist....
                              I'm evil...I hit back.
                              I am not rushing you, it has been two days...
                              sigpic

Comment

Wonderful.

**smiles like an idiot**
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X