Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    The point isn't about what's allowed, I think what they're saying is it's hard to feel all fluffy and shippy about pictures which are, really, AT and RDA as good friends messing around. Cause it's really NOT Sam and Jack's emotions being expressed there.

OTOH, as has been said, some of the intentional publicity shots are more significant in that it's at least reflective of how it's perceived people want to see the two interact.. so poses there that can be interpreted as 'shippy' are probably intentionally so.
    what does 'otoh' mean?

in regards to your last paragraph: that's why i believe rick and amanda wouldn't be bothered much by it, b/c they know shippers take some of these pics and 'pretend' it's sam and jack. but if someone tried to ship amanda and rick together, or manipped it to reflect something more, then we're in crossing the line territory.

i guess it depends on the individual. i'd hate to see us stop posting these things, though...
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      what does 'otoh' mean?

in regards to your last paragraph: that's why i believe rick and amanda wouldn't be bothered much by it, b/c they know shippers take some of these pics and 'pretend' it's sam and jack. but if someone tried to ship amanda and rick together, or manipped it to reflect something more, then we're in crossing the line territory.

i guess it depends on the individual. i'd hate to see us stop posting these things, though...
      OTOH = On the other hand

Comment

Oh, totally. No fear of that, I suspect

See.

I think what we really need is an actual BHK....

I'm just sayin'.

EDIT: Laugh-out-loud Jumble. We were just discussing my abbreviations. Apparently my new years resolution should be no more abbreviations. Ever...

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Yup, that one

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Oh, totally. No fear of that, I suspect

See.

I think what we really need is an actual BHK....

I'm just sayin'.

EDIT: Laugh-out-loud Jumble. We were just discussing my abbreviations. Apparently my new years resolution should be no more abbreviations. Ever...

I was just pleased to see some that I actually understood

And I'll believe that when I see it

Comment

I think what we really need is an actual BHK...
              YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

i mean, yes, i think you're quite right.

*i think a BIG, HONKIN' KISS would pretty much confirm sam and jack's shippyhood, eh?

*sighs, drools, repeats*
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I know. John still has a bunch (not of bras ). But I know as an officer I never had to wear them, not did anyone EVER check. In fact, we had to go read the regs to know what, theoretically, we were 'allowed' to wear. No one cared.
                Glad you clarified about the bras thing. I was concerned for a minute... Hmmm, I wonder if General O'Neill would drop in on Colonel Carter for an "underwear" check... :: giggles ::

The point isn't about what's allowed, I think what they're saying is it's hard to feel all fluffy and shippy about pictures which are, really, AT and RDA as good friends messing around. Cause it's really NOT Sam and Jack's emotions being expressed there.

OTOH, as has been said, some of the intentional publicity shots are more significant in that it's at least reflective of how it's perceived people want to see the two interact.. so poses there that can be interpreted as 'shippy' are probably intentionally so.

Still don't do a THING for me, though *sigh* (wish they did.. I want to like the Comicon pic )

EDIT: OTOH, I was on a shippy high for about 4 hours this morning after seeing Sam flinch at the end of Kindred while watching Beckett get frozen, so I get that feeling.. I'm just more.. obscure . Though it was on a double ship high cause I couldn't get "Helen.." out of my head afterwards, either (thanks RegAm )
                I love the comic con pic a lot... only I wish her hair was blonde because that's what pushes it OOC for me. Maybe someone should manip! LOL

I tend to fall in the middle paragraph myself - regular pics of AT/RDA are just that pics of AT/RDA, but the publicity shots I can "pretend" because, like the comic con one, they do it primarily because they know the shippers will go bananas LOL It's like a gift to us almost.

There's only one "regular" shot I can imagine as S/J...

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                Shouldn't we have wished Sam a Happy 41st Birthday yesterday (based on the ID that shows her birth date as December 29, 1968)? As someone who shares that day (but closer to Jack's age than Sam's) I know how easy it is for a birthday between Christmas & New Year's to get overlooked.
                Oh I feel a short plot bunny hitting me in the head repeatedly... goes off to write...

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                I'm sort of agreeing with you, I'm not to crazy about them either, but there's that one Avalon one (I think?) it's winter time, and AT has the long blonde hair and all of that, and I like seeing that picture because in my head (which is a scary place let me tell you ) I can picture how they look *now* considering we don't have that many pictures of Sam/Jack post threads together...So I do like that picture. So while I don't really *see* Sam and Jack, it helps me imagine how they'd look together now, if that makes sense.

But I think we all have our own preferences, because some people like manips and some people don't. Just a matter of opinion.
                Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is the *one* pic that makes me think S/J at the cabin in MN during winter time.

You're right, it's preference and I certainly don't expect anyone to stop posting them - I for one enjoy the AT/RDA pics because I like seeing their chemistry and they're actors that I enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  Glad you clarified about the bras thing. I was concerned for a minute... Hmmm, I wonder if General O'Neill would drop in on Colonel Carter for an "underwear" check... :: giggles ::

I love the comic con pic a lot... only I wish her hair was blonde because that's what pushes it OOC for me. Maybe someone should manip! LOL

I tend to fall in the middle paragraph myself - regular pics of AT/RDA are just that pics of AT/RDA, but the publicity shots I can "pretend" because, like the comic con one, they do it primarily because they know the shippers will go bananas LOL It's like a gift to us almost.

There's only one "regular" shot I can imagine as S/J...

Oh I feel a short plot bunny hitting me in the head repeatedly... goes off to write...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is the *one* pic that makes me think S/J at the cabin in MN during winter time.

You're right, it's preference and I certainly don't expect anyone to stop posting them - I for one enjoy the AT/RDA pics because I like seeing their chemistry and they're actors that I enjoy!
                  Heh. I was just about to ask you which one. And yup, I can see it for that one. Glad it's not just me! Really, I think there's a plot bunny in that pic...*lifts eyebrow*

And yup, I enjoy them as well from that perspective.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I could have an issue with the AT and RDA pics except they all make me think of this one...

sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Warped Humor Drive Engaged...

Threw together a rather amusing fic today. It's a Window of Opportunity variation story. And it's *COMPLETE* in *one* take! Wooo Hooo!!!

Stealing Back One's Own Memory 101

To be read with tongues firmly planted in cheeks!
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

oh, i think amanda and rick knew *exactly* what they were doing... to US!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

*mumbles something about not caring if the pics are from RDA/AT or really S/J coz every picture of them together makes her happy!*

Buuuuuuut new version of wallpaper for people that *really* want to see silhouette only with S/J pictures and none RDA/AT or promo.

I hope it's okay
                          sigpic

Comment

Jann - that is amazing!! Your first one was amazing too (we weren't trying to discourage you!)... I love it!

Comment

oh, i think amanda and rick knew *exactly* what they were doing... to US!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                                Jann - that is amazing!! Your first one was amazing too (we weren't trying to discourage you!)... I love it!
                                Nah, you just gave me a kick under my butt and made sure I did better than a sleep deprived one...this one was made after an awesome night with dinner and ging to the movies *cough*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X