Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *giggles at Bren*

As for regulation...underwear...well...don't know anything about it...but I do remember RDA'/Jack taking his pants of in a BtS once and the boxer had the SG1 logo on it...I like to think Jack is wearing that more often

Oh and *points at siggy* got myself a new one for the end of 2009 *whistles innocent*

OH. MY. GOD.

That is the most freaking AWESOME sig *EVER*!!!!!!

Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

BREN I never have enough green for you. I so KNOW that song and I'm dying hilariously imagining this song in my head... you should post that on your ff.net You know for posterity.

Comment

*runs in* I can't believe I haven't thought of doing this before!

(spoilered for stretchy)

Spoiler:

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          *runs in* I can't believe I haven't thought of doing this before!

(spoilered for stretchy)

Spoiler:
          http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv339/regularamanda/gracekiss-2.jpg
          Me neither... You should do it more often
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
            You're not playing fair Hedwig. **folds arms**

Ok. How about we both do one.
            should know by now that she always plays dirty....

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
            I'm still here, just had bad news about granddad.
            ((((((((le)))))))) -

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              While we're hanging out in the gutter...

What is this thing with regulation underwear? I'm not aware of the AF dictating your underthings. I've always imagined Jack to be a boxer guy - whatever he finds at Wal-Mart and Sam to be more of the sexy, frilly underwear type.

But then I read about this regulation underwear and I think... what???
              There is issued underwear... to enlisted, at least when I was in. Officer's, at least in the Army when I was in, never had to wear it. I suspect it's the same way now and in the past in the Air Force.

And fic rec. Believe it or not, from me, it's Flutter : Just Like Breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                There is issued underwear... to enlisted, at least when I was in. Officer's, at least in the Army when I was in, never had to wear it. I suspect it's the same way now and in the past in the Air Force.

So, popping in for a quick visit to find more regulations stuff! Yay!

We didn't have "issued" underwear, but clear guidelines, and I was an officer, so... In know that in basic, enlisted are issued everything. And I mean that. <g>

OT with more specifics:
                Spoiler:
                Per Air Force Instruction 36-2903
                Men:
                Uniform:
                • Service Dress Uniform
                • Long Sleeved Shirt
                • Short Sleeved Shirt
                • Mess Dress
                • Formal Dress
                • Semi-Formal

Undergarments
                (Mandatory)
                Wear undershorts and white undershirt (V-neck or athletic
                style) with all service and dress uniforms; the white
                crew-neck style undershirt is authorized only when wearing
                closed collar service and dress uniforms. Undershirt will be
                tucked into trousers.

Battle Dress Uniform (BDU): Undergarments: Mandatory.

Women:
                Uniform:
                • Service Dress Uniform
                • Long-Sleeved Blouse
                • Short-Sleeved Blouse
                • Maternity Service Dress
                • Maternity Jumper
                • Long-Sleeved Maternity Blouse
                • Short-Sleeved Maternity Blouse
                • Mess Dress
                • Formal Dress
                • Semi-Formal Dress

Undergarments
                (Mandatory)
                Bra and panties with all uniforms; wear other appropriate undergarments as necessary, provided they are not visible at the
                neck when worn with an open collar; may wear the white crew-neck style undershirt when wearing closed collar service and dress uniforms. Undershirt will be tucked into slacks or skirt.

Maternity Battle Dress Uniform
                Battle Dress Uniform (BDU):
                Undergarments: Mandatory.

Aircrew Flight Uniforms:
                3.2.6. Undergarments. Undergarments are required; during flight operations they must be cotton or fire retardant material due to added protection. Undergarments made of 100 percent nylon or polyester are not authorized during flight. Undershirts will be crewneck style and black or brown in color. Wear of any other color undershirt and/or undershirts with pockets is prohibited when wearing the FDU/DFDU. EXCEPTION: Commanders may authorize crewmembers to wear a designated unit standardized color undershirt at home station on Fridays. Brown or black colored dickies and turtlenecks are authorized for wear as weather conditions warrant. Thermal undergarments will be black, brown, white, or cream colored and are authorized for wear with the FDU/DFDU as weather conditions warrant.

Distinctive Uniform - Air Force Food Service Uniform:
                Undergarments
                (Undershirts)
                White Only. Either V-neck, U-neck, crew neck, or athletic style
                without pockets. MAJCOM commanders may approve
                long-sleeved thermal undershirt without pockets. Members may
                wear white thermal undershirts even if exposed at neck. Will be
                tucked in trousers.

Distinctive Uniforms—Medical Scrubs (see notes).
                Undergarments Appropriate to the duty uniform of the day.
                Undershirts will be tucked in and sleeves will not
                extend past the scrub shirt.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Good morning Shippers.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Heh, heh, heh ... soo, what else is new???

I will go so far as to say I will try. But you know I only do humor??? I'm worthless when it comes to the serious stuff And it could take me awhile .......
                  No worries. Like I said, perfection takes time

**Looks around and hopes someone else will join in **

I loved it.
                  Thanks Lady E.

RL is taking care of two bickering older brothers(7 years older)...who in the end blame you for everything(one at least did...the other one is trying to stay on my good side)

Good girl! I still need to edit my whole new chapter...and make a calendar(thunky SG1/SGA calendar) and make a sig etc.
                  Looking forward to it.

I'm still here, just had bad news about granddad.
                  I'm sorry.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Yes, yes to everything you both stated (especially the bolded...bolded parts ).

Hi all *waves after long absence*

Alan **huggs** sooooo nice to see you.

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  Oh hey! Jenn just uploaded a new chapter.... I will be reading that... but I wanted to post the latest chapter of my fic (it's AU):

Professional Boundaries: Figuratively Slapped

This is the second to last chapter! YAY! :: happy dance :: For those just tuning in - you'll need to read:

Supposed Crime first

Dang ff.net alerts...
                  *Saves to read later.*

Weeeeeeeeeee I'm going to be in fanfic happy land for a while now

Oh and before that...I decided to make a sig for the new year...mwahahahaha

*cough*

Now figuring out how I can gutterize that episode somewhere and make a sig of it(for S/J)...
                  Nicceeee!!!

Thank Jenn.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

New wp...silhouette used/made is from a promo shot from Jack

*clicky for biggy*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      So, popping in for a quick visit to find more regulations stuff! Yay!

We didn't have "issued" underwear, but clear guidelines, and I was an officer, so... In know that in basic, enlisted are issued everything. And I mean that. <g>

OT with more specifics:
                      Spoiler:
                      Per Air Force Instruction 36-2903
                      Men:
                      Uniform:
                      • Service Dress Uniform
                      • Long Sleeved Shirt
                      • Short Sleeved Shirt
                      • Mess Dress
                      • Formal Dress
                      • Semi-Formal

Undergarments
                      (Mandatory)
                      Wear undershorts and white undershirt (V-neck or athletic
                      style) with all service and dress uniforms; the white
                      crew-neck style undershirt is authorized only when wearing
                      closed collar service and dress uniforms. Undershirt will be
                      tucked into trousers.

Battle Dress Uniform (BDU): Undergarments: Mandatory.

Women:
                      Uniform:
                      • Service Dress Uniform
                      • Long-Sleeved Blouse
                      • Short-Sleeved Blouse
                      • Maternity Service Dress
                      • Maternity Jumper
                      • Long-Sleeved Maternity Blouse
                      • Short-Sleeved Maternity Blouse
                      • Mess Dress
                      • Formal Dress
                      • Semi-Formal Dress

Undergarments
                      (Mandatory)
                      Bra and panties with all uniforms; wear other appropriate undergarments as necessary, provided they are not visible at the
                      neck when worn with an open collar; may wear the white crew-neck style undershirt when wearing closed collar service and dress uniforms. Undershirt will be tucked into slacks or skirt.

Maternity Battle Dress Uniform
                      Battle Dress Uniform (BDU):
                      Undergarments: Mandatory.

Aircrew Flight Uniforms:
                      3.2.6. Undergarments. Undergarments are required; during flight operations they must be cotton or fire retardant material due to added protection. Undergarments made of 100 percent nylon or polyester are not authorized during flight. Undershirts will be crewneck style and black or brown in color. Wear of any other color undershirt and/or undershirts with pockets is prohibited when wearing the FDU/DFDU. EXCEPTION: Commanders may authorize crewmembers to wear a designated unit standardized color undershirt at home station on Fridays. Brown or black colored dickies and turtlenecks are authorized for wear as weather conditions warrant. Thermal undergarments will be black, brown, white, or cream colored and are authorized for wear with the FDU/DFDU as weather conditions warrant.

Distinctive Uniform - Air Force Food Service Uniform:
                      Undergarments
                      (Undershirts)
                      White Only. Either V-neck, U-neck, crew neck, or athletic style
                      without pockets. MAJCOM commanders may approve
                      long-sleeved thermal undershirt without pockets. Members may
                      wear white thermal undershirts even if exposed at neck. Will be
                      tucked in trousers.

Distinctive Uniforms—Medical Scrubs (see notes).
                      Undergarments Appropriate to the duty uniform of the day.
                      Undershirts will be tucked in and sleeves will not
                      extend past the scrub shirt.
                      I figured there were regs on it - I just didn't think it was like "Sam has to wear cotton white bikini cut" LOL It just always seemed strange when people talked about "regulation underwear" since I figured that while it would have to meet standards, there isn't a specific "regulation underwear" - for all we know Sam could be wearing purple with pink hearts but at least if it were cotton and didn't show... that's about it.

Thanks for the info. Now I feel compelled to figure out how to work this section of the regs into a story...

Comment

I just love that fic. Thanks for rec'ing it!

Thanks for the info on the 'undergarments', Pol . . . you should work that into a story. . .

Starlover, very creative! Though, some of those are AT and RDA and my stubborn fron just can't see those few pics as Sam /Jack!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I'll jump in on the underwear chat. I was enlisted, and while the guys were issued regulation underwear (which included t-shirts), the women were not. I had to bring my own, but I was told it needed to be white cotten briefs and white bras. After boot camp, no one cared about your underwear. Your socks, yes, but not the skivvies.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Starlover, very creative! Though, some of those are AT and RDA and my stubborn fron just can't see those few pics as Sam /Jack!
                            I agree - Jann that is just too cool and way past my talent. I run into the same thing leia does though LOL

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I just love that fic. Thanks for rec'ing it!

Thanks for the info on the 'undergarments', Pol . . . you should work that into a story. . .

Hmm...Campfire...skivvies...s'mores...warm-fuzzy chats...ooh, the mind boggles.

And Amanda...no, love, I have not forgotten your EM story. I'm just a bit...overdone here from post-holiday/post semester/pre-semester madness. Gah.

Edit: oops, my shippy bit for the post!

Oh! Did you remember the–
                              Yup
                              And the–
                              Mmm-hmm
                              What about the-
                              Carter!
                              (smiles *that* smile)
                              (OS) Do you have the feeling we've missed something?
                              (OS) Indeed, Daniel Jackson, I have not missed anything.
                              (OS) Oh.
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*Another* story recc... though I have a nagging feeling the author is around here somewhere...? If you are, speak up cause this is really good

Five Times Sam Carter Fell Asleep in His Arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X