Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    Firstly, congrats to you and everyone else who's reached a milestone!

So am I happy? I think I will be completely happy when we get a non-ambiguous, non-alien influenced/robots/clones/AU/ATimeline/timeloop confirmation that they are together.

If I continue to simply get ambiguity, then I will remain as I am: content.
    A)Ditto
    B)Got to agree with you Rachel, until they give us what you stated, not completely satisfied. If we were all happy we wouldn't be rubbing our hands waiting for the third movie to be produced. ( fingers crossed)
    Last edited by trupi; 29 December 2009, 03:06 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning Shipper Family!

Originally posted by giggles83 View Post
      I am very happy to see this kind of thread for only Jack/Sam's relationship

I love these two charathers the best,especially Jack O'Neill- I mean Richard Dean Anderson is soooooooooooooooo HOT....And to think that he started out playing one the soap Gerenal Hospital that I used to watch.

I have watch ALL the shows he has ever been on and now on SG1 he is even HOTTER than ever.
      Welcome Giggles. Always good to have new shippers here. Have fun.

Secondly, am I happy with what the writers gave us the past 10 years?

I'm generally pleased with what we've been given the past 10 years by the writers, actors and directors who all had a hand in making the ship what it *is*.

It is a great love story, one that I've enjoyed and been entertained by the past 10 years; one that I'm still enjoying even though SG1 as a TV show has ended.

My only real niggle is that I would have preferred for the writers to have been bolder about how they resolved it, to have given an unambiguous happy ending. While I think fishing would have worked from a satisfaction point of view had SG1 ended with S8, I think continuing to not be bold about whether Sam and Jack were together through S9/10 undermined the subtlety of that resolution which overall did a disservice to the storyline and generally didn't do the show any favours.

(And I think its something they too have recognised given in the last couple of years we have seen TPTB shift from the line that fishing was the resolution, and to be bolder about revisiting Sam & Jack on screen).

So am I happy? I think I will be completely happy when we get a non-ambiguous, non-alien influenced/robots/clones/AU/ATimeline/timeloop confirmation that they are together.

Here here!
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Oh my God. I want this kiss too.........
        But I don´t know if I would like to be Sam or Jack .. LOL
        WELCOME GIGGLES :-)
        Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
        / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

I'm generally pleased with what we've been given the past 10 years by the writers, actors and directors who all had a hand in making the ship what it *is*.

It is a great love story, one that I've enjoyed and been entertained by the past 10 years; one that I'm still enjoying even though SG1 as a TV show has ended.

My only real niggle is that I would have preferred for the writers to have been bolder about how they resolved it, to have given an unambiguous happy ending. While I think fishing would have worked from a satisfaction point of view had SG1 ended with S8, I think continuing to not be bold about whether Sam and Jack were together through S9/10 undermined the subtlety of that resolution which overall did a disservice to the storyline and generally didn't do the show any favours.

(And I think its something they too have recognised given in the last couple of years we have seen TPTB shift from the line that fishing was the resolution, and to be bolder about revisiting Sam & Jack on screen).

I agree wholeheartedly except I'd take it just a bit further and say I am neither happy nor content. Acceptance might be a closer description of how I feel about it.

Originally posted by trupi View Post
          A)Ditto
          B)Got to agree with you Rachel, until they give us what you stated, not completely satisfied. If we were all happy we wouldn't be rubbing our hands waiting for the third movie to be produced. ( fingers crossed)
          Yes, and I also think that without most people having at least a little flicker of hope that these threads would just eventually die out- but there's no sign of that happening, fortunately.

Comment

Yeah, I love the comparison between the two photos too. Indeed that's why I chose them

It's kind of neat seeing them side by side. If you assume they're pictures of Sam & Jack, the early picture shows them 'starting out', there's just that blatant sexual chemistry between the two of them with him clearly 'the guy that got the girl' and her being smitten and dreamy-eyed.

Whereas the later picture for me, is very much more that of a mature relationship where they're both settled and there is a deeper connection, it's not just about the sexual chemistry anymore; there's commitment and a long-lasting love in there too.

*happy sigh*
            Nice.

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            Morning campers. Is it time for a healthy breakfast?

So... I had to do some research for my Christmas Angst fic regarding Sam's hair, and I thought I'd share some visual comparative studies on the subject that I came across in the process.

Here we Sam from the scene in the hallway with Jack during Point of View--right after Jack's left a mourning AlterSam--considering how to answer his "How you doing with this whole twin thing?" question.

So she takes a good look at "herself", with her long, long hair. And we all know that the brilliant Sam Carter, though great at deflection and avoidance, has to have given some thought by now to the fact that this other "her" has been married to the other *Jack* for that blissful but ill-fated year

They go save the world together... and spend a week stranded off-world with only First Shipper Teal'c for chaperon. Upon their return, she's happy, smiley, and practically glowing (and a thousand *what really happened* fics are born), and she's definitely overdue for a haircut if she wants to get back to the "one of the guys" do she'd been sporting the first three years she spent with this team. And after that week, he still wants her to go *fishing* with him, but she's already had enough "relaxation" for a while (upping the count of *what really happened* fics unsuitable for ffnet or direct links here! ).

Then suddenly, Wham! Those long locks are gone, as we see in this very first shot of Sam in Beneath the Surface. And apparently not by her choice. She's stripped of that symbol of femininity at the same time she's stripped of *everything* that stood as a barrier between her and Jack. Oh, how bitter that irony must have been for her once they finally returned home.

And that, by the way, is the very point that led me to this bit of research and dissection of the progress of Sam's hair growth over Seasons Three and Four. I know we've talked about it plenty here, but if there's been this kind of visual study already done... I doubt anyone'll mind my rehash!
            Good post and nice catches. Oh, it is so good to be back!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            also brenren you forget that in Point of No Return which aired after beneath the surface he still asks her to go fishing.
            ummm.

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Oh I love the hair talk! *happy sigh* The longer the hair the more real the relationship is! *inner squee*

They're just SOOOO Married now!
            Yay. *Has taped over 100 episodes of sg1 and sga...* I'm not obsessed.. just a fan... *looks around worried!*

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            *Popping in with a present.*

It's done! It's done! The USS Hammond (gingergate version) is done!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/IMG_0033.jpg

For more pictures and a little thing on how it was done, see my blog. (Link is in sig below).

Yay!
            WOW!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            lol. I actually think there is a very real and valid connection between Sam's hair length and her relationship with Jack (though, it's actually about Sam's relationship with *herself*). Once, during S9, I joked about how Sam's hair was starting to get longer (again) which indicated she was with Jack. That was even before the movies and Atlantis when she's pretty much given up on it.

It's nice to know I'm not alone in ascribing to that theory (cause, you know, a lot of folks think Jennifer is nuts. And some of them even because of that theory )
            I like this theory too.

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            Jennifer *is* nuts!

{{{{{{Jenn}}}}}}}

But that's okay, cause it's a Shipper prerequisite.

Oh yes... hair.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../4x18_0038.jpg
            So, skipping ahead another four eps, here we see Sam again in the beginning of The Light--before they go into withdrawal. Or more to the point, before The Light forces them to admit they are in withdrawal--though stubborn we-can't-talk-about-the-feelings-we're-feeling soldiers these two are and thanks to an unusually poorly timed Teal'c-interruption, they pretty much manage to convince themselves it was just *The Light* they were in
            withdrawal from.
            I hadn't thought of that link before! How did I miss that?!
            sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
            My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
            http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
            http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
            Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

AGREED! Until then, it's back to writing fics.

Originally posted by trupi View Post
              A)Ditto
              That's true.

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
              Good morning Shipper Family!

Welcome Giggles. Always good to have new shippers here. Have fun.
              Welcome to the craziness.
              sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
              http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
              Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                [SIZE="6"] Well...sometimes I do have a thing called "RL" and I was sleeping at 5:20 am...the town is still the same color as yesterday though...
                RL? What is this that you speak of? O.o o.O I know only S/J... j/k (obviously)

Though you should be proud of me... guess what I completed last night - if you guessed the next chapter of PB you are RIGHT... now it's in editing... so soon... very soon...

Comment

giggles: welcome to the thread!

*still haven't started on 2010 vid*

Like other said, I just need confirmation to be happy but I can't say I dislike what TPTB have done with the ship so far
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                    giggles: welcome to the thread!

*still haven't started on 2010 vid*

Like other said, I just need confirmation to be happy but I can't say I dislike what TPTB have done with the ship so far
                    I need a BHK to feel over the moon... LOL Right now I feel, as Rachel said, content. I'm confident they're together... Confirmation will make me satisfied and happy over all. A BHK will make me squee. Gutter will make me giggle uncontrollably with glee after which I will squee so loud, they'll hear me in China and thus overthrow communism in favor of Stargate... Wait. I think I got something confused here...

Comment

just finished watching 2010 and i remember reading the original script in that book that i got a while back and i remember when molleum was reacting to teal'c shooting the dialer dude and he's like "what's happening" and O'Neill was like "I've come out of retirement" and then O'Neill Shoots molleum with the zat. i wish rick had said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        just finished watching 2010 and i remember reading the original script in that book that i got a while back and i remember when molleum was reacting to teal'c shooting the dialer dude and he's like "what's happening" and O'Neill was like "I've come out of retirement" and then O'Neill Shoots molleum with the zat. i wish rick had said that.
                        It would have fitted well.

Comment

So.........

How about an S/J drabble - Prompt: Confirmation

Come on!

I dare ya!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            So.........

How about an S/J drabble - Prompt: Confirmation

Come on!

I dare ya!
                            I dare ya back!!!! You would do a great confirmation drabble!

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                              I need a BHK to feel over the moon... LOL Right now I feel, as Rachel said, content. I'm confident they're together... Confirmation will make me satisfied and happy over all. A BHK will make me squee. Gutter will make me giggle uncontrollably with glee after which I will squee so loud, they'll hear me in China and thus overthrow communism in favor of Stargate... Wait. I think I got something confused here...
                              See! That's why we need confirmation, for the greater good!

I'm reading that Jane Austen like fic 'A Maneuvering Business' on my eReader, and I love that story on so many different levels. *happy sigh*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I dare ya back!!!! You would do a great confirmation drabble!
                                You're not playing fair Hedwig. **folds arms**

Ok. How about we both do one.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X