Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      Well, gosh darn it, y'all went and inspired me again! My fic muse seems to have gone into hibernation, but the vid muse decided to come out and play in her absence.

In honor of the impending commencement of that fateful year in the Stargate SG1 universe, I've created this little video montage. That poignant scene at Jack's cabin in the episode 2010 was so heavily laden with Shippy undertones that I felt compelled to add in several flashback scenes from Shippy moments past (well, and one *future*, though I took a little creative liberty with the context of that *future* moment... ) to give voice to the unspoken subtext in the scene, with an underscore from a haunting melody composed by Hans Zimmer (though which of his incredible soundtracks I snagged this from I am uncertain at this time... ). Enjoy the Ship Fext!

2010 - The Sam & Jack Show
      Bren **pulls hanky** you get a 5 hanky rating for that one. **blows nose**

Great job!

Originally posted by a. loquita View Post
      I rarely swing by here, but I thought it was possible a few people here might like this silly but shippy AFT. Enjoy!
      Wow! Great to see you. Love your fics btw and enjoyed the action figure theater. Thanks.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Shipper Rewatch: Season 4

Hi folks. VSS has handed over organising the Shipper rewatch on the Discussion thread to me.
      Congratulations Cagronosalis!

I'm rarely around for the Shipper rewatch but I'm confident you'll also do a great job.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      Let me ask u guys this are we happy with what the writers gave us the past 10 yrs? Ot here: 1 more post til 2000!
      Of course there were things that caused us to go into rant mode over the years, like hints and promises of some sort of confirmation that never made it to the final cut, but it's been 10 years of great entertainment and looking back now I don't know how much of it we'd actually change.

So yeah. I'm happy.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Let me ask u guys this are we happy with what the writers gave us the past 10 yrs? Ot here: 1 more post til 2000!
        Almost forgot. In honour of your 1 post short of 2000, let me just say....

Spoiler:
        **Breaks into song**

Two thousand zero zero, party over oops.
        Out of time
        So tonight I'm gonna party like it's
        Nineteen, ninety-nine

Sorry.

I couldn't resist.
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Here's Part 2.

Replace Me? Why?

well ever since you whacked the replicators...Nice Work on that by the way.... they feel like the current threat level has been lowered and that the Atlantis expedition should be run by a civilian again.

Well Sir, you can tell them that the threat has not yet been contained. Michael has captured Teyla and we have no idea where she is. Now if you will excuse me sir. Colonel Sheppard's Team is about ready to report in.

(She walks out)

(mutters to himself) yeah i think that went well.

and this is my 2000th Post. I wanted to do it on Shipmas but i decided to wait until my 2000th post.
          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 30 December 2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
            Bren **pulls hanky** you get a 5 hanky rating for that one. **blows nose**

Great job!
            THANK YOU!!!

I was kinda starting to wonder if anyone liked it... To be honest, I really think this is one of my very best efforts yet in the vid department (I was so tickled purple at how it came out that I had to burn it to DVD to share with my Mom ), and I'm normally not one to beg for comments and such, but... this just turned out so... <sniff> You Angst-lovin' Cavern dwellers ought to *love* it. Even Teal'c would smile. Every time it gets to the flashback of the force-field moment, I whimper. Out loud. More than once.

Cause... yeah, I'm a perma-dweller in the Gutter, but I've got my own Cavern of Angst in the deep end here, you know. <Le sigh...>
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

*sigh* In many ways I find 2010 harder to watch than 100 Days. At least we know in 100 Days that it *does* work out...in 2010 it's just so painful to see what happens when it didn't....

*sniff*

Anyway...heard you were "collecting" stuff...my contribution is small. Just a sig. But thought I'd add it anyway.

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
              Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
              Butterflies - Bekki
              2010 - Bekki
              The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
              Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
              24 in 2010 by vss

Videos
              2010 - The Sam & Jack Show - BrenRen

Artwork
              Wallpaper - Josiane
              Wp one 2010 - Starlover
              Wp two 2010 -Starlover
              2010 Signature - AstraPerAspera
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                *sigh* In many ways I find 2010 harder to watch than 100 Days. At least we know in 100 Days that it *does* work out...in 2010 it's just so painful to see what happens when it didn't....

*sniff*

Anyway...heard you were "collecting" stuff...my contribution is small. Just a sig. But thought I'd add it anyway.

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
                Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
                Butterflies - Bekki
                2010 - Bekki
                The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
                Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
                24 in 2010 by vss

Videos
                2010 - The Sam & Jack Show - BrenRen

Artwork
                Wallpaper - Josiane
                Wp one 2010 - Starlover
                Wp two 2010 -Starlover
                2010 Signature - AstraPerAspera
                *sniffles and nods* And it's so heart breaking to see Jack all alone in that cabin of his...

Bren! *sniffles some more* That video was awesome. *clings to the fluff though*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  If I wasn't generally happy, why would I be here? Though I suppose there are folks who like to dwell on things that make them unhappy. Wonder if they also buy shoes too small?
                  Oh I agree... (I know...shocking, you say...). The reality of SG1 *is* what we've been given for 10+ years. And I like S/J precisely because that's how their story has been told. To change it in any way is to fundamentally change them...which wouldn't make them...you know...*them* any more. So yeah. More than happy.

*retreats back to Cavern...*
                  sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU!!!

I was kinda starting to wonder if anyone liked it... To be honest, I really think this is one of my very best efforts yet in the vid department (I was so tickled purple at how it came out that I had to burn it to DVD to share with my Mom ), and I'm normally not one to beg for comments and such, but... this just turned out so... <sniff> You Angst-lovin' Cavern dwellers ought to *love* it. Even Teal'c would smile. Every time it gets to the flashback of the force-field moment, I whimper. Out loud. More than once.

Cause... yeah, I'm a perma-dweller in the Gutter, but I've got my own Cavern of Angst in the deep end here, you know. <Le sigh...>
                    You're welcome.

Oh and the background music was absolute genius!

Can I say again that I loved it?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Mada
                    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                      You're welcome.

Oh and the background music was absolute genius!

Can I say again that I loved it?
                      You can say it as many times as you like. I promise, I will never complain!

Music in the Vid OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      You would not believe what a challenge it was to get the music just right. The original piece I used was only half as long as I needed it, so I had to creatively loop it. And then I couldn't boost the volume enough on that D&C clip when Sam yells at Jack, "Sir, just go!" and Jack yells "NO!!!", so I had to get really, really creative in modifying and crossfading the underscore. And it didn't stop driving me nuts there. Oh no. The end. The very, very, very, very end.... (sorry, "Good Man Charlie Brown" flashback there...) I had to tweak that, too. It was a labor of love, but oh what a chore!

But the end result was sooooooo worth the effort. *I* can't even tell exactly where I spliced and diced, and I spent a fair few hours to get it just right!
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

You can say it as many times as you like. I promise, I will never complain!

Music in the Vid OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        You would not believe what a challenge it was to get the music just right. The original piece I used was only half as long as I needed it, so I had to creatively loop it. And then I couldn't boost the volume enough on that D&C clip when Sam yells at Jack, "Sir, just go!" and Jack yells "NO!!!", so I had to get really, really creative in modifying and crossfading the underscore. And it didn't stop driving me nuts there. Oh no. The end. The very, very, very, very end.... (sorry, "Good Man Charlie Brown" flashback there...) I had to tweak that, too. It was a labor of love, but oh what a chore!

But the end result was sooooooo worth the effort. *I* can't even tell exactly where I spliced and diced, and I spent a fair few hours to get it just right!
                        kewl
                        sigpic
                        sig by Mada
                        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Off to bed now. Talk you to tomorrow pG.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            *sniffles and nods* And it's so heart breaking to see Jack all alone in that cabin of his...

Bren! *sniffles some more* That video was awesome. *clings to the fluff though*
                            Thank you!!

To make up for some of that Angst, and to prove that I do still dwell in the Gutter, here's my wallpaper contribution to the 2010-fest!

Click to enlarge...
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Just found a song that I think fits Sam so perfectly! I'd love for someone to make a Sam-vid using this song (there are parts that Sam/Jack could be worked in. ):

"Another Small Adventure" Lyrics:
                              Spoiler:
                              Look around but don't look down
                              Everything is unfamiliar waiting to be found
                              Look ahead but don't look back
                              Anything's a possibility and you can count on that

Hold on tight and don't let go
                              It's another small adventure, where it is no one knows
                              Close your eyes and enjoy the ride
                              There's so many big surprises out there for us to find

Waking up the sun
                              Waking up the sky
                              Waking up the great big universe
                              Another small adventure

Look at me, I'm strong and free
                              Everything's a possibility as long as you're with me
                              As long as you're with me

Waking up the sun
                              Waking up the sky
                              Another small adventure

Don't ever cry, I feel the sunrise
                              I'm coming to save the day
                              I'm going to fly, I'm high in the sky, I'm coming to take you away

Waking up the sun (waking up)
                              Waking up the sky (waking up)
                              Another small adventure

Waking up the sun (waking up)
                              Waking up the sky (waking up)
                              Another small adventure

Another small adventure
                              Another small adventure
                              Another small adventure

"Another Small Adventure" Video Link
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

But the end result was sooooooo worth the effort. *I* can't even tell exactly where I spliced and diced, and I spent a fair few hours to get it just right![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/SPOILER]
                                That was awesome but so sad! *sniff* Beautiful job.

sigpic
                                s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Working...
                                X