Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    Midnight Confessions Rated Mature (which normally I don't link to but I can't figure out "main page" on LJ for the life of me. So feel free to beat me with a stick)

Well, you asked...
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

I rarely swing by here, but I thought it was possible a few people here might like this silly but shippy AFT. Enjoy!
      Loquita at LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by a. loquita View Post
        I rarely swing by here, but I thought it was possible a few people here might like this silly but shippy AFT. Enjoy!
        Hey a.loquita! *waves* Loved it! But you already know that.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Shipper Rewatch: Season 4

Hi folks. VSS has handed over organising the Shipper rewatch on the Discussion thread to me.

Click here to go to the Sam/Jack Ship Discussion thread

If you want to join in and write up some of the reviews please can you PM me the following information:
          • *How many episodes you can commit to doing?
            *Maximum number per week you can do (and any dates you'd prefer to avoid).
            *Any epsiodes you would specifically like to do?
            *Any epsiodes you would specifically prefer to avoid doing?

(Obviously, it being The Season Of The Ship I imagine most of us are going to pick the same two of three episodes as favourites, so I will try and divvy it up fairly. If you have a preference for angst/fluff/gutter it might be worth stating so too. )

The more people writing reviews, the merrier. Please don't be shy; sign up if you want to do it!

Remember you can write as much or as little as you like; there's no set format but I can provide you guidance if it's your first time, or you can have a look back through recent discussions here for an idea of the sort of thing we discuss.

Provided we get enough interest I am going to start the rewatch around mid January so I need all sign ups by the 4th January.
          sigpic

Comment

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
            Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
            Butterflies - Bekki
            2010 - Bekki
            The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
            Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
            24 in 2010 by vss

Videos

Artwork
            Wallpaper - Josiane

I'm sure I have more 2010 artwork but that's all I can find by searching my PB for now... will have a more thorough look tomorrow

Here's the thumbnail in case people want to see quickly here without clicking on the list

sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

:: weeps :: It was FLUFFY. How could you DO that to me Bren?? :: weeps ::

I have even admit that it was CUTE. Next thing you know there'll be fluffy bunnies coming out of the woodwork and rainbows and unicorns.

Seriously - nice fic. But now I'm going to go dress in all black and listen to Metallica. I have a rep you know.

Originally posted by a. loquita View Post
              ROFL....good one....

Comment

Almost forgot to add my vid to the list...

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
                Butterflies - Bekki
                2010 - Bekki
                24 in 2010 by vss

Videos
                2010 - The Sam & Jack Show - BrenRen

Artwork
                Wallpaper - Josiane
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

Jann - you're so going to hate me. So I was reading this fic that started out okay, grammatically and such it was well written but S/J were slightly OOC... so I tried to overlook it... but finally around chapter five I walked away. So an idea I had before has resurfaced...

I hate when that happens. When you read a fic so bad you think "I can do that better... ha, I am SO going to do that better..." I am arrogant, you may mock me now.
                  *hits Twi VERY hard with beating stick and sits behind her making sure she works on PB and nothing else* ...I even make you stop feeding your kid and throw him to a nanny I need my FF fix!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  It was 9 in the morning FCOL! From now on I'll just call you 'Hey! You-with-the-hair'...you know...to keep things straight.
                  What's wrong iwth my hair? As for 9 am...that's not early...I post between 5:30 and 6 am inhere if I have morning classes... Then I still don't mix up my own name

*sobs*

Fanfiction
                  Butterflies - Bekki
                  2010 - Bekki
                  24 in 2010 by vss

Videos
                  2010 - The Sam & Jack Show - BrenRen

Artwork
                  Wallpaper - Josiane
                  Wp one 2010 - Starlover
                  Wp two 2010 -Starlover

In thumbnails for this post(so you can see those ugly wps if you want) :
                  Last edited by starlover; 28 December 2009, 03:20 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

2010 is going to be the best year I hope if sg3 gets made they spend a lot of time in dc

Comment

Let me ask u guys this are we happy with what the writers gave us the past 10 yrs? Ot here: 1 more post til 2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        Let me ask u guys this are we happy with what the writers gave us the past 10 yrs?
                        I personally love everything SG1 and most things SGA so, yeah. Happy with what they've given us.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one having experienced fear with LJ. Is there a way to link it to something else like a main page so that I don't have to *go* to LJ everyday to check it? One of the things I love about ff.net is the alert system. It's one of the things I've found annoying about sjalwaysandforever.net - I uploaded my stories over there as well but other than reviews I don't get alerts on when stories are updated, etc.
                          You can get all kinds of various alerts, settable form your user page. You can't (as far as I can tell) get notified when a friend posts something, but I find it's not really that hard to have a bookmark to my LJ and to hit the friends tab every day or so. You can get notified via email every time someone comments on one of your posts, or when someone responds to one of your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Let me ask u guys this are we happy with what the writers gave us the past 10 yrs? Ot here: 1 more post til 2000!
                            If I wasn't generally happy, why would I be here? Though I suppose there are folks who like to dwell on things that make them unhappy. Wonder if they also buy shoes too small?

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              You can get all kinds of various alerts, settable form your user page. You can't (as far as I can tell) get notified when a friend posts something, but I find it's not really that hard to have a bookmark to my LJ and to hit the friends tab every day or so. You can get notified via email every time someone comments on one of your posts, or when someone responds to one of your comments.
                              I will have to explore this option further. O.o

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              If I wasn't generally happy, why would I be here? Though I suppose there are folks who like to dwell on things that make them unhappy. Wonder if they also buy shoes too small?
                              I echo this. I'm the kind of person that if I don't like something I just stop watching (example: Heroes the tv show... just gave up). I may think they tripped up here or there but overall I'm satisfied.

Comment

I'm satisfied that Sam/Jack was given as much as they got on SG-1. Some of my ships (on this and other shows) never saw the light of day. Over the years, this 'ship has been fleshed out pretty well in my opinion, and so yes, I consider myself satisfied.

However, I personally wish that we'd seen a good deal more of it than we did. I believe that certain episodes (particularily "Beneath the Surface") would have been much better if S/J had been more of the central focus.
                                sigpic
                                The Return of King Arthur
                                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                                X