X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good fic rec.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      Thanks Jenn, that one's a_loquita;s but wasn't the one I'm looking for. Although that is going on the E-reader
      Ah...tell/ask me later on YIM with some more details perhaps I can then find it for you...I'm a bit of a fanfic reading freak you know!

Oh and I thought that by now you knew I'm Jann *sobs*

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      :: weeps :: It was FLUFFY. How could you DO that to me Bren?? :: weeps ::

I have even admit that it was CUTE. Next thing you know there'll be fluffy bunnies coming out of the woodwork and rainbows and unicorns.

Seriously - nice fic. But now I'm going to go dress in all black and listen to Metallica. I have a rep you know.
      You're exagerating!

Cute fic Bren...I did expected some gutter...I mean double S/J ...kinky...
      sigpic

Comment

Angst angst angst angst. LOL

ok! I just came back home from work and I'm vidding now...but I need a lot of Kleenex!!!
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          You're exagerating!

I. do. not. exaggerate.

Okay maybe I do a LITTLE... although Jann I can't believe you even went THERE.. you must be deep deep deep in the gutter.

FIC REC:
          Elevator Confessions - Jack O'Neill and Helen Magnus get stuck in an elevator together. Rated G, post-Threads pre-S.9. There are two sequels (these are S/J):

Dinner Confessions Rated Teen
          Midnight Confessions Rated Mature (which normally I don't link to but I can't figure out "main page" on LJ for the life of me. So feel free to beat me with a stick)

Comment

*runs back in*

Okay...who has linkage to that S/J story set way back in, I think the 1800's, and it has Jane Austen type of writing style to it?
            If you're talking about the one where Sam, Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Janet, Cam, Vala, et.al. are characters from a Jane Austen novel, the author is daisycm83. I have it saved on my computer, but the chapters are all out of order at the moment. You could probably do a search for "daisycm83" and find it.

EDIT: If that's the one you're talking about, I found it, I found it ...

A Maneuvering Business

If that's not the right one ... never mind.
            Last edited by hedwig; 28 December 2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I. do. not. exaggerate.

Okay maybe I do a LITTLE... although Jann I can't believe you even went THERE.. you must be deep deep deep in the gutter.
              You. Do.

I always go there...certainly after three days where I worked while everyone else was having fun *pouts*
              I need my gutter!

FIC REC:
              Elevator Confessions - Jack O'Neill and Helen Magnus get stuck in an elevator together. Rated G, post-Threads pre-S.9. There are two sequels (these are S/J):

Midnight Confessions Rated Mature (which normally I don't link to but I can't figure out "main page" on LJ for the life of me. So feel free to beat me with a stick)
              .......oh don't give me the opportunity*resists urge for one moment*

Sorry *hits with beating stick*

I got problems controlling myself....

As for main page; there isn't really one...you could post the link towards the name of the author or the page you found it through and then say the name of the fanfic...but otherwise...there isn't a real option for a "main page"
              sigpic

Comment

Jann - you're so going to hate me. So I was reading this fic that started out okay, grammatically and such it was well written but S/J were slightly OOC... so I tried to overlook it... but finally around chapter five I walked away. So an idea I had before has resurfaced...

I hate when that happens. When you read a fic so bad you think "I can do that better... ha, I am SO going to do that better..." I am arrogant, you may mock me now.

Comment

Ah...tell/ask me later on YIM with some more details perhaps I can then find it for you...I'm a bit of a fanfic reading freak you know!

Oh and I thought that by now you knew I'm Jann *sobs*

You're exagerating!

It was 9 in the morning FCOL! From now on I'll just call you 'Hey! You-with-the-hair'...you know...to keep things straight.

*huggles*

I. do. not. exaggerate.

FIC REC:

I love that fic!
                  Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  If you're talking about the one where Sam, Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Janet, Cam, Vala, et.al. are characters from a Jane Austen novel, the author is daisycm83. I have it saved on my computer, but the chapters are all out of order at the moment. You could probably do a search for "daisycm83" and find it.

EDIT: If that's the one you're talking about, I found it, I found it ...

A Maneuvering Business

If that's not the right one ... never mind.
                  Yup, I think that's it. Someone else PMed it to me as well!

Jann - you're so going to hate me. So I was reading this fic that started out okay, grammatically and such it was well written but S/J were slightly OOC... so I tried to overlook it... but finally around chapter five I walked away. So an idea I had before has resurfaced...

I hate when that happens. When you read a fic so bad you think "I can do that better... ha, I am SO going to do that better..." I am arrogant, you may mock me now.
                  Or when that fic is bad, but it sparks off a plot bunny and you think 'Oh I wish the person would have wrote that...hey!'

Twilight I'll send you an email or PM later tonight about LJ.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yup, I think that's it. Someone else PMed it to me as well!
                    That writer (Literatiwannabe/daisycm83/Christi) has an LJ page with stories, as well as another site with stories, and yet another on ff.net. I just copied all of them to my author file on my computer, because it looks like pretty much all of her stories could be worthwhile reading.

Slightly OT:
                    How do you like your eReader? I want one, but I think I'll have to wait for the prices to come down a little or maybe somebody will have a sale one of these days - I hope!

Comment

That writer (Literatiwannabe/daisycm83/Christi) has an LJ page with stories, as well as another site with stories, and yet another on ff.net. I just copied all of them to my author file on my computer, because it looks like pretty much all of her stories could be worthwhile reading.

Slightly OT:
                      How do you like your eReader? I want one, but I think I'll have to wait for the prices to come down a little or maybe somebody will have a sale one of these days - I hope!
                      OT eReader
                      Spoiler:
                      I stole it back from my Mom. I love it! It looks and feels like a small paperback book. So worth the money! I have to mess around with the settings because it doesn't let you upload Word files into it, so you have to convert them...and when I convert them the fics lose there formatting a bit. But really, it's awesome

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Slightly OT:
                        eReader OT:

Spoiler:
                        I don't have an eReader, I use my iPod Touch... but I read a recent article that suggested people not buy them because there are sniffs and rumors that Apple might be integrating that kind of thing into say iTunes or a it's own version of a Tablet PC. Ultimately the articles point is that at technology increases things are going to integrate anyway and specialized gadgets will at some point be obsolete - especially since, unlike say an mp3, there's a lack of cross over. If you use a Kindle, you can't transfer over to a Sony... or so I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Trinity ur looking at the gutteriest thread here on the forum.
                          Right! I forgot

I. do. not. exaggerate.

FIC REC:

Very very very good.

I enjoyed each one. Delicious
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Well, gosh darn it, y'all went and inspired me again! My fic muse seems to have gone into hibernation, but the vid muse decided to come out and play in her absence.

In honor of the impending commencement of that fateful year in the Stargate SG1 universe, I've created this little video montage. That poignant scene at Jack's cabin in the episode 2010 was so heavily laden with Shippy undertones that I felt compelled to add in several flashback scenes from Shippy moments past (well, and one *future*, though I took a little creative liberty with the context of that *future* moment... ) to give voice to the unspoken subtext in the scene, with an underscore from a haunting melody composed by Hans Zimmer (though which of his incredible soundtracks I snagged this from I am uncertain at this time... ). Enjoy the Ship Fext!

2010 - The Sam & Jack Show
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

:: weeps :: It was FLUFFY. How could you DO that to me Bren?? :: weeps ::

I have even admit that it was CUTE. Next thing you know there'll be fluffy bunnies coming out of the woodwork and rainbows and unicorns.

Seriously - nice fic. But now I'm going to go dress in all black and listen to Metallica. I have a rep you know.
                              ROFLOL!

Sorry Shannon! I did say "light and silly", though, so it's not like I didn't warn you...

But hey, Metallica rocks! I recommend "Nothing Else Matters", particularly the rendition recorded with the San Francisco Symphony.

And as for dressing all in black... I'm a theatre techie, so over half my wardrobe is solid black... It's rarer to find me *not* wearing black!
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

Ummm.... yeah.... That's a PlotBunny of a different color. (And not one I'd be able to link directly here, that's for dang sure! )
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X