Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Look #81

At this very moment there is nothing Pete will ever be able to do to get into Jack's good graces. He's watching Sam tend to the man who a) stalked her b) almost screwed their op. Right now, I have to believe that Jack is imagining how good mashed potatoes would be.
    Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      Jack Look #69

Well it's post #69 and while I hadn't planned it like this - gutter girls, take a look at Jack's face and pretend he's thinking dirty thoughts LOL. Personally I picked it because of how zoned in on Sam he is
      Yay! Thank you! Iwas hoping for something juicy to play with in Jack Look #69! This will do nicely!

{Hmmm... I wonder which would be faster... finding a storage closet here or gating back to the base...}

Could you project your thoughts a little louder, please, sir? I don't think they heard you on the Asgard homeworld.

{Methinks she knows me a little too well...}
      Do you have an empty supply closet nearby?
      {God, I love that woman!}
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #82

When I saw this picture the first thought I had was "Jack really truly *sees* Sam." There's sympathy, an understanding in his eyes as he watches her try to put herself together again after a terrifying ordeal. He knows. He's been there.

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #83

His eyes speak volumes about how he sees Sam. At the beginning he saw her as young, vibrant, fun, and he flirted. Then they were filled with hope, longing... and the longing hasn't left, but now there's an understanding. Through each ordeal that Sam suffers she takes one step closer to the jaded reality the Jack lives in... and I think he feels helpless to change it, but here, *here* there's something in his eyes where it dawns on him that if Sam lost him, it might mean just as much agony for her as losing her would do to him.

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            Yup. Gutter glasses are working fine. I read that with an *UP* not an *out*.

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            Merry Christmas!!!

A wee bit o' Shippy Christmas prezzie silliness, brought to you courtesy of my parents...

So Mom got Dad his *Fishing* license for Christmas. So when Dad asked Mom if she wanted to go *Fishing* with him, naturally this Gutter-minded Shipper burst into gigles. Slightly perplexed, my dad asked what was so funny. I simply explained that *Fishing* has a whole different meaning in my world.

To which Dad replied, "Oh. Well, we're old fashioned. When I go *Fishing* I use my rod."

Naturally, I became a puddle of giggles at this point. I managed to ask if he baited it.

He answered, "At that, I am a master."

And I thought, after eight years, I bet Jack was too.

So...now you know. I come by it honest. The old fashioned way, even!
            ROFL!!!!!

Comment

Jack Look #84

Where as usually his guardedness makes it seem as though he's going to back off, here his eyes say that he's not going to give away the game, but if she steps forward, he'll play. However they're interrupted by DONUT BOY... :: mutters :: and we see them share a similar look of regret:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

{You want a reason to hum? I'll give you a reason to hum!}
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #85

I know, I know, he's frozen... but his eyes are on her. How telling that the last face he wanted to see was Sam's...
                  Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #86

Pride. Respect. Not much has changed in that regard - although it seems to me that now there is an undercurrent that wasn't there before...

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #87

I love that he takes her concerns seriously but through the course of their discussion he puts her at ease:

And he's rewarded yet again... in a way that seems to have become rarer and rarer as our angst level rises...

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I know, I know, he's frozen... but his eyes are on her. How telling that the last face he wanted to see was Sam's...
                        Shades of Han Solo, anyone? Not that it's a first... Sam turning away as Jack got goa'uld'ed in Into the Fire, "I know" earlier in this very episode... I really love the fact that they paid such loving homage to the greatest Sci Fi love story of all time!
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #88

Here we see fun, playful Jack. He's open, he's goofy, he dramatic. However once he starts talking to Sam about the Potato Famine in Ireland.... wait no, I'm sorry, about Pete...

He becomes guarded again. We see him like this a lot throughout season 8. I can see how pained he is, but he's a master at keeping his face neutral. He doesn't want to talk about this, but as always, he stands there and takes an emotional beating.
                          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #89

He's seen the ring, she's weakly attempted to touch the line between them... and here, here we see the resignation in Jack's eyes. In his mind, he's lost her, he needs to let her go and it hurts like hell.

Interestingly enough, Sam has the same expression...

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I love, love, *love* all of your pics, Rachel. Great analyses.

And look! You're almost to 2,000! Whoo!

sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Jack Look #90

This is just a great moment. There's no angst, just that pure connection. Jack isn't trying to hide himself. Again, a rare sight in Season 8.
                                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X