Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Rush going to be a regular cast member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Rush going to be a regular cast member?

Having Rush out of the game, is he going to do a couple of cameos or will he comeback to the ship and become a regular cast member?

Spoiler:
    In Episode 14 Daniel Jackson makes a cameo and acts with Rush:

"I made a cameo in the pilot and they're keeping me alive to pass the torch. The next one coming up is titled 'Human,' and back-references my character first initiating Dr. Rush (Robert Carlyle) into the Stargate program, but my character exists more as a figment of Dr. Rush's imagination."

which appears to be the last instance of Rush in the show?

Spoiler:
    He's still a regular.

Comment

Um yes. As far as I know he is in all 20 episodes
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ruv, I think that just means that the scene referenced there is going to be a flashback, ya know?

Comment

Yes. Not even going to put it in spoiler tags, because it seems kind of obvious that they'd keep him around (RC is a big hook for many SGU viewers) for as long as possible. If you want to know the specific episode...

Spoiler:
          I would not be surprised if he was back on the Destiny by the end of Divided, two episodes from now.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Shanks was referring to Jackson being the one passing the torch, not rush. Robert Carlyle is in every episode.

Comment

Not a spoiler, just speculation, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't back on the ship by Divided, if not earlier.

Comment

As 'Justice' is supposed to be the first of a two parter, I think Rush will be back on the Destiny or on his way by the end of the next episode. Whether he uses the ship to fly after the Destiny or connects the power source to the stargate for enough power to reach the Destiny is unknown.

Rush won't be stuck on that planet for long, his ability to return to Destiny will prove to Young how much he can contribute to the crew. Young will learn to put up with all of his negative qualities for the benefit of everyone.
                Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
                  As 'Justice' is supposed to be the first of a two parter, I think Rush will be back on the Destiny or on his way by the end of the next episode. Whether he uses the ship to fly after the Destiny or connects the power source to the stargate for enough power to reach the Destiny is unknown.

Rush won't be stuck on that planet for long, his ability to return to Destiny will prove to Young how much he can contribute to the crew. Young will learn to put up with all of his negative qualities for the benefit of everyone.
                  No, it isn't, actually. ''Space'' is the first of a two parter, ''Justice'' was just a character-cliffhanger ending. And seeing as how Rush has an episode to himself called ''Lucid'' I think we can assume he'll be back on Destiny either in ''Space (1)'' or ''Divided (2)''

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                    No, it isn't, actually. ''Space'' is the first of a two parter, ''Justice'' was just a character-cliffhanger ending. And seeing as how Rush has an episode to himself called ''Lucid'' I think we can assume he'll be back on Destiny either in ''Space (1)'' or ''Divided (2)''
                    I always assumed that the break came in the middle of a two part episode all through Stargate. I think it makes more sense to have the break between a two parter episode as the story is unresolved, although with SGU's new style of episode compared to SG-1 and SGA all of the episodes are one long story rather than just twenty episodes of television.

Comment

i hope he will be back soon, i like him the most although he is a real bad.... ass... you know we really do need those sg:u character smileys....
                      sigpic

Comment

I always assumed that the break came in the middle of a two part episode all through Stargate. I think it makes more sense to have the break between a two parter episode as the story is unresolved, although with SGU's new style of episode compared to SG-1 and SGA all of the episodes are one long story rather than just twenty episodes of television.
                        ''Space'' was originally the mid-season, but then the had ''Fire'' changed to ''Light (1)'' and ''Darkness (2)'' which meant they had to cchange the order round a little.

Comment

Well, Justice-Space is not a real two-parter this time. The reason for this is the division of the original episode 4 (=Fire) to two episodes (=Darkness and Light). This bumped every episode after those one forward, making episode 9 episode 10 (=Justice). Episode 10 became episode 11 (=Space) and so on.

It was Syfy who decided to finish the fall season with Justice and not stretch it with one more.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                            Well, Justice-Space is not a real two-parter this time. The reason for this is the division of the original episode 4 (=Fire) to two episodes (=Darkness and Light). This bumped every episode after those one forward, making episode 9 episode 10 (=Justice). Episode 10 became episode 11 (=Space) and so on.

It was Syfy who decided to finish the fall season with Justice and not stretch it with one more.
                            Spoiler:
                            I think the way the break came actually works quite well though. Even though it isn't a real two part episode we have two cliff hanger moments, with Rush being stranded and waiting to see what has happened to Franklin after sitting in the chair.

Comment

The show can't ditch the best character and live.

Comment

Working...
                              X