PDA

View Full Version : SG/SC Universes - Atlantis Base

Princess Awinita
December 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Atlantis Base, overseen by Dr Weir and runs in tandem with Earth at the SGC. Atlantis was sunk under the sea of Pegasus ten thousand years before the events currently going on in game. Atlantis Base has been powered for approx one and a half years thanks to the ZPMs powering both earth and Atlantis for gate travel to Midway.

Current list of rankings....

Head of Atlantis Base: Dr Elizabeth Weir
Head of medical: Dr Carson Beckett
Assist to Dr Beckett: Dr Jennifer Keller.
Head of Military: Lt Col John Sheppard
Head of Science department: Dr Nicholas Rush
Second to Dr Rush: Dr Rodney McKay

Current events up to now:

Without knowing of the Alesian treaty settlement on Earth Atlantis has become infused in two new (to them) races, one of whom has been identifed by Captain Jack K'nojak as The Drow. Of whom Sateda has been taken as a spaceport and medical faclity.
Currently a team has been dispatched to Sateda consiting of SGA teams 1 and 5, heading in tandem by John Sheppard & Jack K'nojak. On Atlantis there was information regarding a new person, or several new persons on Sateda, identified in the database as a Ancient witch
Dr McKay is currently overseeing AI intializing for the new Furling ship, known as Wraiths Bane. for use as Lt Col John Sheppards first ship command. Dr Rush at last noted time was tryingto find out more of the Drow then what was in the Database at the time....
Approx time since mission start for SGA 1 & 5 , 0 days 00:14:00.

Atlantis System Galaxy location (Pegasus Galaxy) 0.0.0 (Triple Zero)
North-South coord: 0
East-West Cord: 0
Galactic Plane: 0

AtlantisRules!!!
December 9th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Rush sighed and walked back to the console. Nothing. There had to be more about the Drow somewhere. He entered another search into the Database and then walked out and headed for the Control Room.

1LTBarden
December 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Major Lorne was hanging out in the control room drinking a cup of coffee chit chatting with Chuck when Dr. Rush walked in.

"Hey Doc hows the search going for the Drow?"

Evan took another sip from his cup waiting for a response.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 10th, 2009, 03:54 AM
"Not well" Rush responded. "when is the scheduled Earth dial-out?"

1LTBarden
December 10th, 2009, 04:03 AM
"I'm not sure let me check with Dr. Weir."

Evan clicked on the ear piece in his ear.

"Dr. Weir this Major Lorne Dr. Rush would like to know when our next dial out to earth is?"

Evan smirked before looking in Dr. Rush's direction once again.

"So doc you glad you accepted this assignment?"

AtlantisRules!!!
December 10th, 2009, 04:07 AM
"Definately. I prefer this to sitting around the SGC not doing much of anything."

Rush looked around at the Control Room. Just one room out of several huundred. The size of the city still astonished him.

"That and the SGC doesn't quite have the same beauty to it."

1LTBarden
December 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Evan smirked before answering.

"Yeah I'm glad I was reassigned here from the SGC. It got alittle boring as the XO for mostly dig sites. Atleast here I get to go off world more often. Where else would I get to fly an alien space craft?"

He smiled alittle thinking about flying the puddle jumpers.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
"Unfortunately there isn't time for joy-riding."

Weir's voice came over the radio, "Sorry for the delay, Major. What is it?"

(Weir is currently a NPC. Anyone can use her)

1LTBarden
December 10th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evan clicked his ear piece.

"Dr. Rush was wondering when the next scheduled dial into earth is."

He looked at Dr. Rush before speaking to him.

"I know we dont have time for joy riding but at least we get to use them on missions when they are needed."

Dr. Weir's voice came over the radio.

"Major we are scheduled to dial into earth in twenty minutes."

Evan listened to Dr. Weir's quic message.

"Doc she says in about twenty minutes we are scheduled for our dial out."

AtlantisRules!!!
December 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM
"I know."

He waited as Major Lorne listened to the radio and then answered.

"Thank you. I guess I'm staying here then."

1LTBarden
December 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
At that moment Dr. Weir walked into the control room and noticed Major Lorne and Dr. Rush talking to each other. She approached them and smiled before she spoke.

"Good morning gentlemen sorry to keep you waiting. Chuck dial the gate to earth."

Chuck dialed earth's address but the 8th chevron wouldnt lock. So he promptly dialed again with the same result. Dr.Weir's smile turned to a look of concern before she spoke.

"What happened? Why cant we establish a wormhole with earth?"

Panic started to come across her face as she thought the worst had happened. Could Earth's gate have been destroyed. But then she got ahold of her thoughts and figured the earth gate must be active and thats why a wormhole couldnt be established.

"Chuck try again in five minutes. Major Lorne have you heard from Col. Sheppard yet?"

Evan jumped alittle startled as he had been concentrating on the subject at hand of not being able to establish contact with earth.

"No Dr. Weir he hasnt checked in from Sateda yet."

Dr. Weir nodded before she spoke.

"Keep me informed if you hear anything. Dr. Rush anything new in the database on the drow?"

She was hoping he had some news on any kind of progress.

Princess Awinita
December 11th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Radek appeared, "Dr Weir, Dr Rush, I have something." He came running into he conferance room where the others had gathered to discuss plans. He had a tablet computer in his hands. "its about the woman on Sateda, thansk to Tryions help we were able to isolate her in the database and find a few more things." he said.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 11th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Rush looked up at Radek. "Let me see that..." He looked at the tablet, nodding. "There is a lot of information here. Good job, Radek."

1LTBarden
December 11th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Dr. Weir looked at Radek and Rush.

"Great work Radek. Keep it up we need all the information we can find on that woman and her people."

AtlantisRules!!!
December 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
"I'm requesting that they look for information on Earth. At least, when we dial." Rush said as he handed the tablet back to Radek. "Can you start looking through that, Radek? I would help you but McKay wanted to see me. Something about the Wraith's Bane."

1LTBarden
December 11th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Dr. Weir acknowledged what Dr. Rush was saying.

"Very well Dr. Rush I'll radio you as soon as we can establish a wormhole with earth."

AtlantisRules!!!
December 11th, 2009, 03:33 PM
"Thank you." Rush replied and walked away. He entered a transporter and pressed the screen indicating the East Pier.

Princess Awinita
December 11th, 2009, 06:49 PM
When Rush finally arrived at the east peir he found Rodney tapping away on a laptop. "About time you showed up" He muttered seeing Rush arrive and see the new ship. "Hemdall said the ships ready to go. Said most of the superstructure of it is a mix of Asgard and Furling technology. I'm just starting to get into it all now." Wraiths Bane was a large ship, clearly twice the length and width of a standard Daedalus class cruiser. "AI's all set. Just needing its new commander. Any word on that?" Far as Rodney knew, the Bane had everything to defend Atlantis against the Wraith, with Todd even helping from his two hives at that.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 11th, 2009, 07:01 PM
"Not yet." Rush said, admiring the ship. Despite its mixed technology, it looked very Ancient in design.

Princess Awinita
December 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM
"Nice isn't it" Rodney said breaking into Rush's thoughts. The ship was indeed nice, larger then pretty much anything they had ever seen outside of a Hive Ship. But this ship was claimed to take on a super hive, whatever those were. Rodney prayed that he did not ever have to go against such a hive. "From what I was told by Col Wright, it handles like a sports car, a big sports car but a sports car nonetheless." he held out the laptop he was using. "System specs check out all in the green. This thing has a ZedPM reactor core, basically it overloads a nearly dead ZedPM and causes it to explode, the core uses the energy from the explosion. Gets an extra charge of eleven hours for that alone, plus normal sublights and the asgard hyperdrives" Rodney looked liek a kid in the candy store, or in this case a computer geek in a not exactly radio shack

AtlantisRules!!!
December 11th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Rush looked at the computer impressed. "Quite ingenius." He looked at the ship. It carried a lot of visible weapons on the side. Asgard Beams, Earth railguns, and Furling Pulse Cannons. "How soon will it be ready to fly?"

Princess Awinita
December 11th, 2009, 09:42 PM
"Soon as we get word of who her commander is. Col Wright flew her here without the AI, something called a NABIS unit of sorts provided through a group called the Alesians. Never did figure out what they were but they have ancient trechnologies apparently. " Rodney said. Standing next to Rush also admiring the huge ship. A mix of three technologies, the Bane was easily larger then the Orin was and also on the way was another Earth ship, Daedalus Class no doubt. Called Terran Gulf, now that made Rodney wonder who'd want to play golf if at all in space. then he remembered Sheppard, and Col O'Niell....

The Wraiths Bane was approx five thousand five hundred meters long, and half of that in width, but only fourteen decks. it bristled with weapons emplacements. the only place where rarely any weapons were seen was the underbelly of the huge vessel, easliy longer then an Aurora class vessel. In total it had several dozen railguns, four asgard beam connons, and two furling pulse cannons. and what looked like a weapon of unknown make on the underbelly.

"This ship has it all, ring transportation system, subspace transporters, which I'm trying to figure out. Asgard transporters, and lastly, a DHD for a stargate, but no stargate." Rodney said rattling off a list of what was on the ship.

1LTBarden
December 12th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Dr. Weir and Major Lorne stepped out of the conference room and headed back into the control room. Elizabeth was determined to try to contact earth if it took all day. She spoke as soon as they entered the room.

"Chuck dial earth"

Chuck didnt even respond infact he had started dialing the moment he saw her enter. As the chevrons began to light up hope could be seen on all the faces in the room. As the 8th chevron lit up and the gate activated a sigh of relief was released from Dr. Weir. She activated her radio.

"Dr. Rush you and Dr. McKay report to the control room we have established contact with earth. Stargate Command this is Dr. Weir please come in."

She waited for a response.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 12th, 2009, 06:52 AM
"definately will inspire fear. If Wraith feel fear that is..."

Rodney was about to answer when Wlizabeth came over the radio. Rush replied.

"On our way"

Princess Awinita
December 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM
"Either that or just be a backup ship" Rodney said, hearing Weir on his own radio, he nodded to Rush and followed him to the control room. Atlantis had established contact with Earth, or had they?

"Dr McKay and Dr Rush have arrived" he announced following behind Rush as he went to the computer near Chuck. They had connected to earth, but not to the SGC. "Is that the right adress?"

AtlantisRules!!!
December 12th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Rush looked over Chuck's shoulder. "Yes. It is definately Earth... but what-" Rush stopped speaking as the typed into the computer.

Princess Awinita
December 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
"We dailed earth, but for some reason we aren;t getting a response, why?" Weir asked coming ot the panel next ot Chuck.

"Because we dailed to another continet on the planet." Rodney said realizing what just happened. "Some how when we dialed the gate one of the cheverons connected to another constellation, in this case it directed the gate from the SGC to somewhere else. for all we know at the bottom of the ocean."

That was when a new voice broken in. "This is Col Brown of the SS Enterprize, please respond." Rodney turned to Rush, 'What the hell?' written all over his face. Weir looked lost. Did they just connect with vietnam era earth?

1LTBarden
December 13th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Major Lorne looked puzzled at what had happened. Noticing that no one really was in a hurry to answer and knowing that Elizabeth might chew him out later he responded anyway.

"This is Major Lorne of the united states air force how did you come to access this channel?"

Princess Awinita
December 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
The voice that responded sounded confused. "Are you on an tropical island Major? This is Col Everett Brown of the US Naval carrier Enterprize. We picked up your signal not ten minutes ago under heavy static." So they had dialed earth, only to somehwere else other then planned. Weir looked towards Rodney who looked like the deer in the headlights fo a truck, he had no answer for what he was hearing either.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 13th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Rush was also confused.

"Major? Major? Are you there?" The man asked.

1LTBarden
December 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Lorne sighed heavily before answering.

"Yes Colonel I'm here however my location is classified and I cant divulge where we are. I understand I'm addressing a superior rank but I am the Executive Officer of this location. Where is your current location and how did you get our signal?"

Lorne knew he was probably in for a good screaming from this Colonel but he had to hold his ground. Sheppard was off world which meant for the moment he was the acting military commander on Atlantis and he also knew how handle military personel.

Princess Awinita
December 13th, 2009, 03:50 PM
"I don't have times to play games here major. We picked up your radio signal under heavy static." Col Brown replied. "If you are who I think you are, send my regards to Col Wright, We were to pick up something from him from the USS Terran Gulf. I was not aware we had such a ship." How did he know of the Terran Gulf? Wasn't that ship classed above top secret? "Who is your direct onsite XO soldier?"

1LTBarden
December 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Lorne had a shocked look on his face before he answered.

"Sir I am not playing any games I am the onsite XO. With all due respect I have to ask who it is you think we are? I have to ask what your security clearance is before I can divulge any information about what you are speaking of. Sorry sir I am not playing any games at the moment I'm just running through procedure."

Lorne knew this answer would not satisfy the man he was speaking with but he also knew what was at stake here.

Princess Awinita
December 13th, 2009, 11:06 PM
There came something of possibly a smile. "I can under stand where you are coming from Major, But can I also assume that your the fellow talking to me through wierd floating quartz ring with a blue watery surface on it?" Those in Atlantis heard the sounds of machinery running. "We heard your signal, like I said under heavy static, that static was water. The President sent us ouyt here to do a recon sweep for anything of unknown technology. I'm assuming you're on the other side of this..... thing?" It was clear Col Brown was confused.

1LTBarden
December 13th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Lorne quickly deactivated his comm and looked at Rodney and Rush.

"Can either one of you tell me what the heck is going on? When was there a stargate found under water?"

Lorne quickly activated his comm one more time.

"Sir all I can say is you are communicating with me but I need to know your security clearance before I can divulge any further information."

Lorne knew he was going to start to aggrivate this guy but had to stick to procedure in this instance he couldnt give away the exsistence of the stargate program and the fact they were in another galaxy.

AtlantisRules!!!
December 14th, 2009, 04:14 AM
"I have no idea, Major." Rush replied. "But we need to figure out where this is." he turned to Weir, "we need to send a Jumper through."

"We dont know how far underwat-" she replied, Rush interuppted.

"I never converted Jumper Three back to cloak. It still has shields."

1LTBarden
December 14th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Major Lorne looked at Elizabeth and Dr. Rush before clicking off his comm.

"Doc the minute we send a jumper through they are going to detect it right away. Then we will have revealed way more then we should be."

He sighed a bit before speaking again.

"Is there any way you McKay and Zalenka can work rigging up a power source so we can have shields and a cloak? We cant let them know whats going on here."

He waited for a response from anyone in the room.

Princess Awinita
December 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
"He mentioned a quartz thing with a blue waterlike sheet inside it." Rodney said, "the only one I know about is Russias gate, then the gate that Sg-1 used to get out of the Asgard ship that fell apart over the pasific between Japan and California. The President had sent a search tieam to clean up the pieces, that could be the level of clearance this guy has. ew dialed earth, but not the SGC. we dialed the lost gate that was lost under water when the Asgard ship went down." Then another thoutght hit him. "How did he know about the Terran Gulf?"

1LTBarden
December 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Lorne looked at Rodney.

"Mckay I have no idea how he would come to know about the terran gulf."

He clicked on his comm once more.

"Colonel how do you know of the exsistence of the Terran Gulf?"

Princess Awinita
December 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM
"Simple answer Major," came the reply. "I was on the design team for it and also on the list of possible canidates for its command post. But instead I like staying on good old terra firma, so I turned down the fofer. However the presdient had me and my ship scan the area the Asgard ship went down three months ago. Came across your signal and go into this talk. If you want you can come through and we can chat. Can't say the alpha site is a nice place these days though. Last I heard a bombing run had everyone scatter." Col Brown replied. apparently it was true, as Rodney was running a scan to figure out who exactly was Col Evertt Brown.

Rodney nodded and spoke without a com, "he's right, on the list of canidates for the command post ion the Terran Gulf, his name is on there, but it is listed as "offer turned down due to perferance to be posted on gold old terra firma" as he was quoted saying. Not that I blame him." Apparently his story checked out. "Ask him where the gate is, if it is on a ship we're in luck, we can walk over there and say hi and not get wet."

1LTBarden
December 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Lorne clicked off his comm and spoke to elizabeth.

"It looks like his story checks out and he does indeed seem to have the clearance."

He clicks on his comm once again.

"Colonel is the gate located on a ship or is it directly under the water beneath you?"

He wondered what the answer would be and also who would be going through the gate. Knowing full well if the gate is under water Rodney would have to be the one to fly the jumper through because he would have to stay on Atlantis as the acting military commander.

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 12:34 PM
"I'm looking right at it" Came the reply, "assuming your going ot come walking out of the thing. Should I have a coffee waiting for you Major? You sound liek you need one." There was a hint of humor in the mans voice as Rodney perked up.

"I could use a coffee about now" He said unknowningly on the active comm through the gate.

"I can assure you Dr McKay there is no coffee on the Enterprize at this time," replied Col Brown. Who then spoke again. "Major, if you can do me a favor and contact Col Ellis on the Apllo, relay a message to him from the President." A coded message appeared on Dr Rush's screen.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Dr. Rush typed on the console then pressed enter. "Done". He glanced back at the group of people, no one was looking. He slipped a small data device into his pocket.

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Two seconds later the stargate shut down. Col Brown had been notified, but Atlantis had also learned something new. They could dial earth, but not just the SGC either Radek crowed something in Czech as he scrolled through the database looking for more information on the person living on Sateda. Coming across a line speaking of a Wraiths worse nightmare.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM
"Doctor Rush to the Control Room"
Rush walked in a few minutes later. "What is it?"
"I think I've found something." Radek said handing him a tablet.
Rush looked over it. "Good, Radek. I think this just might be what we are looking for." He typed on the console, bringing up information on similar topics. "Call Doctor Weir."

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 01:16 PM
Weir came into he control room a minute later "I'm here what's the trouble, Rush, Rodney, Radek?" She said before seeing the screen on the wall. "What am I looking at?"

"Wraith have nightmares?" Rodney asked.

"Apparently so, according the database there was a being of some kind living on Sateda," Radek replied. "It was known as the enemy of the Wraith that also gave them nightmares. Apparently the Wraith had marked Sateda as a no fly zone, until their technology got a little post Korean war era." he said.

"But Wraith can have nightmares?" Rodney asked again.

Weir looked to Rush, "Dr, what did you find? Is this a person, or a item, if its ap erson, are they friendly to us, if its an item, can we use it?"

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 01:31 PM
"She is called the White Queen, apparently. There isn't very much information here but there is mention of something called the 'Anubis' Bane'. Nothing more on that either." Rush looked at Rodney, who had asked the question again, "If you ask again I will have to go get an Orange.."

1LTBarden
January 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evan didnt know if he had correctly or not so he asked it out loud.

"You're telling me we can't connect directly to the SGC? Can anyone tell me why? Dr. Weir we need to dial Sateda I must speak with Col. Sheppard right away and brief him on the situation."

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM
"No we connectedto earth, that much is clear, Col Brown said that much, last I remember there were three stargates on the planet to begin with, what we used to have to do was overpower another gate then go through the power surge would have caused the wormhole to jump to one of the other gates." Rodney said.

"But in this case we dialed earth, but not to the SGC like we normally do, the contelations were different, but it was the adress to earth" Chuck replied.

Weir nodded to Lorne, "You have a go, contact col Sheppard and let him know what is going on, Dr Rush, send the data to Col Elis on the Apllo via subspace transmission. They are on a supply run to meet at Sateda with Todd and his two hives there." She turned to Dr Rush. "What is this about Anubis?" So it was a woman then, but who exactly?

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 01:52 PM
Rush typed on the console again sending the information then looked at Weir. "Its italisized in the database so I'd assume a ship."

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 02:06 PM
"But Anubis was a system lord in the Milky Way galaxy." Rodney said, "what does this .... person, have to do with him? Airman don;t be there" he said going to a console and starting to type, as he typed things popped onto the wallscreen behind him.

"What is it?" Weir asked.

"Don't know, gimmie a minute" Rodney replied. Radke noticed, as did Rush, it wasn't just a name of a person, not a ship, or an item.

"Its a person," Chuck said seeing the image appear on screen, along with other links in the database, and also some information and dates.

"Boy, we're in a popular place right now, that's for sure" Rodney said giving a look to Nicholas. Today was crazy, but unlike other crazy days, this was just plain up there in burying the needle on the craziness meter, that alone was crazy, not to mention bad.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM
"What are you going on about?" Rush said.

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
"First we find out about something going on over on Belkan, turns out a guys ship sucked the planet dry of water for an hour, which had a major rainstorm as it left the place, then we find out from Todd that a group of some kind made a shipyard of sorts on Sateda, so Sheppard went and took the team there, then we find out before they leave of a woman living there for who knows how long." Rodney took a breath, "Now we find this stuff, when we should be looking for information on that first woman we found out about before the team left."

Then Radek spoke up calmly. "This is what is known as 'Burying the needle on the crazist day possible' meter"

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 03:49 PM
"Right. Get on this.. I have something I need to do." Rush walked away.

1LTBarden
January 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
Lorne waited for everyone to finish talking before he spoke up.

"Chuck dial the gate and open communications."

Chuck dialed in the adress for Sateda. When the seventh chevron locked the gate kawooshed as it connected.

"Col Sheppard this is Major Lorne come in I need to speak with you."

Lorne waited for a response.

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
"Right" Rodney said going back to the computer, not noticing Rush leave the control room to his own quarters where his laptop was. He had enough security codes on the thing to hack into the petnagon without getting caught.

A moment passed before Sheppards voice was heard on the radio through the stargate. "Sheppard here, we were on our way to report in, but we can't find the DHD, where's that jumper that was to be sent after us?" That was a small problem with the first step through the gate being off balance, the rest of the thing had no DHD, unless it hadn't been found yet.

Then what came through the gate a minute later was Sheppards frantic voice. "We have incoming, seven Hive ships and dozens of darts! We're under cover now, but its hailfire out here. Lorne, send us that Jumper STAT!" apparently on Sateda things had gone from hunky dory to total FUBAR at the drop of a hat.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM
Rush sat in front of his laptop and plugged the data device in. He used the code breaker program to decode the transmission to the Apollo.

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM
The message was simple once decoded. It was from the President alright. But something od was going on back at Earth.

Priority Transmission: 087720-34
Encription code: Red
P{ublic key: File e:/lighting-codex-seven/
To: (Codename) Coalminer
Passphrase: Even in the dark tunnels
Subject: CODE RED ALERT!
Classification: A4 Top Secret

Col; Drop everything and return to Earth, the IOA is up to something. Several key allied planets have fallen to Anubis, we need all ships at Earth to brace for attack. Prometheus is undergoing refit and shakedown. SG3 have found a odd item, bring Dr Rush with you along with Dr Zalenka (The Czech fella) Mr Woosley confirms the possible threat of Atlantis Base being known to the general public. We can't let this happen.

UN has given a summit for safety of everyone on Earth, meaning full disclosure if the Alpha site has been made along with six other planets for mining colonies, two of which have been destroyed. Tacticel file aynalisis file to follow for Dr Rush's eyes only.

Cigars and brandy afterward

The Pres
(This msg has also been sent to the Odyssey and the Daedalus)

OK, something was going on, now what exactly was going on, Rodney was right, for craziness, this was nuts.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 04:41 PM
Rush didn't understand very much of this. But from what he did, he got that he would understand soon enough.

1LTBarden
January 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
Lorne spoke right away.

"Of course Colonel right away."

He looked at Dr. Weir and spoke.

"I'm taking a security team and going through the gate to get them out of there."

He clicked on the base communication.

"Security team one this is Major Lorne report to the jumper bay immediatley."

He clicked off the comms and as he headed for the jumper bay. The security team arrived moments later as they hurried into the jumper. Lorne took the pilot seat. He lowered the jumper into the gate room.

"Dr. Weir cut off the connection with the gate the minute we go through."

The jumper went through the gate and headed towards Sateda.

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM
It was a m,inute after Lorne left when Rodney found out more of both women. He got on his radio after seeing that Rush wasn't there. "Dr Rush to the briefing room." He said picking up his own laptop and heading there himself, Radek right behind. Once inside new xdata scrolled onto the screen in the briefing room. Some of it a jumble of unknoewn items and information, but two pictures were seen clearly, one of a woman with white as snow skin and hair with catlike eyes, and the other a more asain looking woman in metalic blue clothing. there was also something about ship movements and a recall noiced for Dr Zalenka, and Dr Rush to the Apllo which was on its way at the time.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 06:36 PM
Rush hurried towards the Control Room.
"What is it?"

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
"Two things," Rodney said, sounding miffed off. "firstly, you got a summons from the president, it just showed up on the genral notice board, you and Radek are needed at the Pentagon concerning something of the stargate. the Apllo is enroute to here to pick you guys up." Rodney then pointed to the screen. "And two, we found out more about this Anubis Bane thing. Apperently this woman is an Ancient, but had opposed Anuibis going to the scended realm, though personally i've always thought him a bit over dramatic." Seeing the look Rush was giving him he said quickly. "The woman is on sateda, in charge over what's called the Pegasus Arm of a battle fleet or something."

Then Rodney said as an afterthought. "Oh, and Major Lorne took a team through the gate with a jumper to extract Col Shppard. they left six minutes ago. we isolated Sateda from the grid though. Major Lorne said to." he knew he was going to get hit in the face with something.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 07:02 PM
"Interesting. A good ally. How much longer until the Apollo gets here?"

Princess Awinita
January 1st, 2010, 07:07 PM
"Just under ten hours." Rodney motioned towards the screen. some more information appeared. "Apparently Anubis also apposed this woman because of her strength and will power again him alone, also, according to the database, she's still alive, not ascended, and in pretty good shape, one of the original pilots of this very city as well." Rodney said. The last thing he wanted was a irked off ancient on the base.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM
"A very useful ally indeed. did Sheppard get in contact with her?"

Princess Awinita
January 2nd, 2010, 09:09 AM
"Last thing we heard Sheppard was under attack, but by who, we don't know, Major Lorne took a security team in a jumper to pick them up." Radek said, he had a small bag packed and ready to go, if he was going ot the Pentagon, he'd need a few things.

Then Rodney asked the big question. "Why do you guys get all the fun? I was stuck initalizing the AI in the Wraiths Bane. next thing I know, you and Radek are going to Earth for who knows how long"

AtlantisRules!!!
January 2nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Rush rolled his eyes before turning back to Rodney. "I am the Head Scientist. Radek is directly behind you in his rank. You are working on the Wraith's Bane. So that leaves Radek being the most senior scientis besides me. Anyway, you have a large chance of being assigned to the Wraith's Bane once she's ready to fly."

Princess Awinita
January 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Rodney looked as if he was going to say some snarky remark but all he said was, "Point taken, any idea what this is all about?" he had no idea why earth had a furling/asgard ship built for them. Which was docked at Atlantis of all places. "When Radek and I were looking into this Anubis Bane thing, that notice came in. I take it you are also a drinker?" Rodney had a spark of humor behind his eyes.

At least Rush still had his glasses....

AtlantisRules!!!
January 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
"What does that have anything to do with what we were talking about?"

Princess Awinita
January 2nd, 2010, 06:42 PM
"Your summons said "cigars and brandy afterwards", what does that mean?" Rodney had been there when Radek read his summons aloud, which prompted a debate of good types of alcoholic drinks between Rodney, Radek and Chuck.

"It means they get a goverment supplied dinner at a resturant of their choice with any wine they want with it" Said Chuck

AtlantisRules!!!
January 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Rush laughed. "I am starting to like this"

Princess Awinita
January 2nd, 2010, 06:49 PM
"Well, I'd much rather be sunning myself in front of a computer screen without the Wraith breathing down my neck but you don't hear me complaining" Rodney said as Chuck busted out laughing, Radek struggled hard to not laugh. But Rush was amused, which had to count for something.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 2nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
Rush was back to being his regular old self. "I'm going to go back"

Princess Awinita
January 2nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
It was at that moment when the radios went off. "Atlantis this is the Daedalus, and Apllo, we have injured, over" It was Caldwells voice, something had gone wrong.

"What is it Col?" Weir asked.

"We were attacked when we met at the meetup point" came the reply. "We never made it to Sateda to pick up Col Sheppard and co as planned. Apllo's damaged we're towing her down to Atlantis for refit and repairs" That wasn't good. the Wraiths Bane was still there at the only docksite.

Rodney traded looks with Rush before responding. "Col this is McKay, what is the extent of the damage?" the sooner they knew that the better.

"Engines are gone, there's nothing powering it, we've been towing the Apllo since Ratholla System." OK that was bad.

"Wraiths Bane is still on the only pad though, takes up the whole thing..... Unless...." Rodney looked thoughtful. Maybe they could fit the Apllo and the Daedalus inside the massive fighter bays on the thing?

AtlantisRules!!!
January 2nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Rush looked at him. "They were made for 305's and those are planned to be bigger than 304's"

Princess Awinita
January 2nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
"And this is a pair of 304s" Rodney said, Radek started to catch on. Maybe it could work.

"The 305s are larger then the Daedalus class ships by at least five hundred meters in length, not to mention they are also shorter then the Daedalus class ships, only tweleve decks tall."

"Right, and this is two Daedalus class ships, so if the hangars are the Bane are designed for 305s, which are larger..."

"It can hold a pair of 304s and leave room to spare." Radek finished.

Rodney snapped his fingers "Exactly." he turned to Rush, "Radio back that Col Caldwell has a landing point for both the Apllo and the Daedalus, I'll be on the Bane to direct them in, i'll meet you guys there." he said starting out at Dr Weirs nod. For all Rocdney knew he had a ticket to Earth and real food for a change

AtlantisRules!!!
January 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Rush rushed over to the comm and send the message.

Princess Awinita
January 2nd, 2010, 08:01 PM
Ten minutes later the Daedalus towed the Apllo into the starboard Hangar of the Wraiths Bane, there was easliy enough room for another 304, or a whole fleet of F302 fighters. When Rush arrived Caldwell was already leaving the Daedalus and set foot on the deck of the huge hangar of the Bane. his first time on the ship at that.

Rodney was walking forwards towards Caldwell and everyone else were being taken to the Infirmary on atlantis. "What happened out there?" He was asking as Rush neared them. "The shields should have held against anything the Wraith aimed at you."

"For all we know Col Sheppard and his team are lost on Sateda. We never even got that far." Caldwell replied.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
Rush tapped his radio, "Elizabeth, you might want to dial Sateda and see if you can radio Colonel Sheppard."

Princess Awinita
January 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Weir replied. "Chuck can't make a connection to Sateda, either their gate is in use, or something else." Ok that wasn't good. They'd have to take the Bane to Earth, and pick up Team Sheppard on the way. According to the Asgard, the Bane could make the journey to Sateda inside of three hours, and then to the edge of the Pegasus galaxy inside of another five, then be at Midway station by the middle of the week, and earth within another week. The design of the ship alone allowed for that type of speed.

AtlantisRules!!!
January 3rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
"We had better be ready then." Rush turned, "Rodney, are you sure that the Bane is ready for travel?"

Princess Awinita
January 3rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
"What do you think I've been doing the last sixteen hours? playing poker?" Rodney replied, "Yeah, ther Ai's all set, only needs a commander and a crew, which we pretty much have of the not injured list...." Rodney said turning ot Caldwell, Who looked confused. Command the Bane?

"So what are we doing?" He asked.

"Going to go pick up sheppard, then going to Earth as per orders. We can't gate to earth, not stable enough,even with three ZedPms powering the city, it takes a lot of power to keep an open wormhole from here to there." Rodney replied.

The Bane was ready to go, just needed an officer to command her. And right then it appeared as if Steven Caldwell was the man for the job, even if totally temporary. He nodded. "Alright, Dr McKay, get your gear together and be ready to move, Dr Rush, you and Dr Zalenka are expected at the Petnatgon in a weeks time for briefing, get your gear and be on the Bane within the hour. Inform Radek of the plan also. We'll lift off when you're ready."

AtlantisRules!!!
January 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
"Right" Rush hurried off and spoke into his radio "Radek, pack your things, we're taking off in.." he looked back at Caldwell "30 minutes." he turned back and kept going.

"Right, thirty minutes, lets go" Caldwell and Rodney headed towards the Bane.

Princess Awinita
January 3rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Radek replied that he was on his way, gear already in hand, the chance to even get on the Bane made him shiver. Thirty minutets later the Bane lifted off. It handled like a Daedalus class ship, only it was larger, Rodney was told it was a Sunskimmer class design. Of which Caldwell wondered what exactly powered it.

A screen appeared showing the power system for the ship. A ZPM reactor core to overload a nearly spent ZPM, and also a hypermatter reactor, whatever that was. But whatever it was it got them to space and off the planet within ten minutes.

The AI, known as Novusai, appeared as a disembodied voice. then as a hologram of green, made most likely by Rik back at the SGC. A young man wearing a soldiers armor of some sort. "System shakedown complete, ready to jump to hyperspace. Course set for Sateda system. ETA: four hours." The AI faded away.

-= Dr Rush (and co) to; SG/SC Universes - Wraiths Bane =-