Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jerry Bruckheimer creating a show to compete with "Stargate"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Jerry Bruckheimer creating a show to compete with "Stargate"?

Hi, Everyone:

I've posted on several TV forums/boards about this subject.

I have friends in L.A. who know PAs in Hollywood. My friends heard that Jerry Bruckheimer is now creating a show about terraforming a planet; this show supposedly is going to blow away any competition (other SF shows).

Has anyone heard of this new show? I called Jerry Bruckheimer Films today to ask about this project, but was told that any news about this show couldn't be released at this time.

I'm interested because I want to see what kind of show Bruckheimer comes up with, considering the quality of the shows that he's done.

Thanks for your help!

Havent heard anything about Bruckheimer developing a scifi show, only 2 new scifi movies Alien Legion and World War Robot.

Comment

Well, it's not like there's that much competition to "blow away."

Comment

Obviously any PTB will say that their shows will be better than the other shows, for sake of promotion.

It doesn't mean it necessarily will.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
          Well, it's not like there's that much competition to "blow away."
          That's debatable.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Thanks for the posts.

I do have issues with some of the science in "CSI" and other forensic/medical shows, in the sense that the science is not always 100% accurate.

This new show, from what I heard, is supposed to be as accurate as possible. Given that we're talking Hollywood here, I'm taking that with a grain of salt. (Let's say that Analog, the SF magazine, was producing the show. I would then know that the science was going to be DAMN accurate, given Dr. Stanley Schmidt's exacting standards; I wish that Analog did produce films and television shows simply for that reason.)

I hope against all hope that Bruckheimer, if he is making a hard SF show, is making the real deal.

Thanks again, everyone, and happy holidays.

Comment

Honestly Jerry Bruckheimer wouldn't need to compete with Stargate as well, Stargate is pretty easy to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Honestly Jerry Bruckheimer wouldn't need to compete with Stargate as well, Stargate is pretty easy to beat.
                In your opinion, maybe. Definitely not mine.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  In your opinion, maybe. Definitely not mine.
                  Well what I meant was in terms of popularity and the public's eyes other shows seem to overshadow Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Well what I meant was in terms of popularity and the public's eyes other shows seem to overshadow Stargate.
                    Yeah, with as big of a name as his, it sounds like it would go on a major network. It would gain more viewers just for that reason.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

well that is like Michael Bay making a tv series , that would definitely give a lot of people headaches !!
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

It will probably fail. Sci-fi shows are pretty expensive to produce and they don't draw the kind of viewers that other shows do. It'll probably get a lot of viewers but not enough to justify the budget. I'm guessing that it's going to end up like James Cameron's "Dark Angel."

Comment

Honestly, while I find the idea of terraforming awesome, I'm not sure how compelling it would be to watch. I understand it could just be the backdrop, but then I'd be curious as to what they would use to create drama and tension, and interesting stories. I mean you can only watch someone clean the air recyclers or plant a tree for so long before you get bored.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

If they make it "realistic," then terraforming would be done with bacteria and they can do it in a matter of months.

Comment

I hope that this is happening. I think that it could be a very good show. Kim Stanley Robinson has made a trilogy of hard sci-fi books about terraforming Mars, and it is really quite enthralling. After a while, the books stop being about actually terraforming the planet, but more about the various factions of people all with differing goals regarding terraforming (some believe that terraforming the planet is destroying its uniqueness; others want to terraform so its just habitable by humans; others want to turn it into another Earth).
                              All of these factions collide and clash with each other, and use the terraforming technology against other humans (i.e. breaching a major aquifer and flooding a rather large valley with multiple domed towns in it).

The potential for this show about terraforming a planet is monsterous.

Comment

Working...
                              X