This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA and TPTB

I just watched the final 2 episodes of Monk on USA. Talk about a network doing a class act. They advertised that this was the final season of Monk, talked about it, gave it a wonderful sendoff, closed all the plot lines and gave Monk a send off that was worthy of a network and the actors. Then we have syfy and TPTB giving SGA a sendoff. Let's see: fans were informed over the internet, syfy never mentioned the series was ending until close to the end and Atlantis ends up in San Francisco Bay, no closing of plot lines just sort of "see ya". How rewarding was that. Thanks syfy and TPTB.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't.

Maybe that could be because the network decided to end SGA while the production company decidied to end Monk. The reasons for ending were different
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Maybe that could be because the network decided to end SGA while the production company decidied to end Monk. The reasons for ending were different
      Other way around?
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by mathfun View Post
        I just watched the final 2 episodes of Monk on USA. Talk about a network doing a class act. They advertised that this was the final season of Monk, talked about it, gave it a wonderful sendoff, closed all the plot lines and gave Monk a send off that was worthy of a network and the actors. Then we have syfy and TPTB giving SGA a sendoff. Let's see: fans were informed over the internet, syfy never mentioned the series was ending until close to the end and Atlantis ends up in San Francisco Bay, no closing of plot lines just sort of "see ya". How rewarding was that. Thanks syfy and TPTB.
        When your production company wants to scratch you for another project because the producers are tired of the same format and want to do something else, there is nothing you can do. SGA was given the shaft not because of performance but creative reasons. NOT MY WORDS, David Howe from SyFy. I felt one more season to really go out with a bang. Heck if Season 4 was the last season it would of been a better send off, imo. Then resolve that cliffhanger in a mini-series/DVD.
        sigpic

Comment

You find me one article from the network's mouth saying "The ratings were falling and the costs became too much" and I will not say another word.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            Other way around?
            By the 2nd half of Season 5 it seemed they just were rushing through things and just wanted to move onto SGU. There were some good eps in the 2nd half, but in all fairness were written before the announcement.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              You find me one article from the network's mouth saying "The ratings were falling and the costs became too much" and I will not say another word.
              Networks cancel shows besides ratings and production costs. You know well enough Brian I agree it was creative reasons SGA ended.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Networks cancel shows besides ratings and production costs. You know well enough Brian I agree it was creative reasons SGA ended.
                SyFy wanted to run SGA with SGU, but MGM could not fund the money. They way MGM is going they'll be lucky to meet SGU's 2nd season budget.

Yes, we agree about that. I have just seen and heard too many things that I am not supposed to see and hear. I am ready to defend the heck out of SGA against people who think it was performance that got the show cancelled.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  SyFy wanted to run SGA with SGU, but MGM could not fund the money. They way MGM is going they'll be lucky to meet SGU's 2nd season budget.

Yes, we agree about that. I have just seen and heard too many things that I am not supposed to see and hear. I am ready to defend the heck out of SGA against people who think it was performance that got the show cancelled.
                  I have a suspicious feeling come January MGM will sell the Stargate franchise. Maybe NBC Universial will buy it. Then we can have the same special treatment BSG got

So then why did you attack me? You know that I don't believe it was quality that cancelled SGA
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I have a suspicious feeling come January MGM will sell the Stargate franchise. Maybe NBC Universial will buy it. Then we can have the same special treatment BSG got

So then why did you attack me? You know that I don't believe it was quality that cancelled SGA
                    I didn't attack you, If I came across being too assertive I apologize. It's just that I've moved on accepted SGA's cancellation, not happy how it went down, but I am enjoying SGU now. Sadly, not everyone is enjoying SGU so you still have bitter people and I feel for them, since they have no Stargate to enjoy. I just don't want to see SGA dragged through the mud, sorta like these ratings comparisons.

As the OP said the ending could of been planned better, like Monk.
                    sigpic

Comment

it was planned for this to be monks final season,it wasnt planned for that to be sgas final season.mgms financial trouble and the producers hestitence to make 2 shows at once again is the reason(as far as i can tell) we dont have both shows, sgu and sga right now.

Comment

Interesting topic, and it'd be a valid one if people would stick to the truth and facts and not put forth their personal spin as fact.

And the last year has taught me that such a feat is impossible on this forum, especially given the number of self-important members who believe that they are not only above the rules, but better than anyone else.

To prevent the avoidable but deliberately done bashing, nitpicking and snarking, the topic is done.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X