PDA

View Full Version : What is Caprica?

badwolfSG
December 5th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I've seen preview on SyFy alot, and it looks like something I would watch, but I don't actually get what it supposed to be about? Can someone clue me in?

jelgate
December 5th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I've seen preview on SyFy alot, and it looks like something I would watch, but I don't actually get what it supposed to be about? Can someone clue me in?

Its a prequel series of how the events of BSG came into existence

badwolfSG
December 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
What if you never watch BSG, would you actually get this show?

jelgate
December 5th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I have no clue. I guess you will find out in a few weeks.

badwolfSG
December 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I have no clue. I guess you will find out in a few weeks.

Guess so! I've been meaning to watch BSG this show might actually get me to watch it.

VSS
December 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM

You probably know this already, but the Caprica pilot has been out on DVD for a few months now, so you could always grab a copy of that and check it out ahead of time.

Replicator Todd
December 6th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I think this show is going to be quite different than BSG, i'm going to give it a try!

badwolfSG
December 6th, 2009, 06:25 PM
You probably know this already, but the Caprica pilot has been out on DVD for a few months now, so you could always grab a copy of that and check it out ahead of time.

No, I didn't know that thanks!!! I'm very confused about this whole show!? but I'm going to watch it to figure it out.

Zarius
December 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
The series is a prequel that takes place before the first Cylon War (it may or may not eventually incorporate it) , and, whilst it doesnt show you how it came about, it sows the seeds for what will happen in the course of the series.

Don't expect it to be like BSG at all. BSG is more militant, pacey, and politically/spiritually minded space opera. Caprica is I, Robot and Blade Runner having an illict affair with One Tree Hill and Nip/Tuck