red herring in the episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

red herring in the episode?

if you look at the scientist that was saved by young from spencer in the previous episode (honestly can't remember his name, it's the fat scientist) clothes
    Spoiler:
    he was wearing a shirt which had faint red stains on his right back and shoulders. The camera angles also profusely chose angles where this was prominently displayed. I kept thinking that this might be a hint for the plot and was wondering why nobody thought about asking where he got those stains from. I was pretty surprised that it turned out he had nothing to do with the murder/suicide and what actually happened. So is this like a deliberate red harring in the episode or did I just imagine the red stains?
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

That bloke got that blood from when Gear put a bullet hole through him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
      if you look at the scientist that was saved by young from spencer in the previous episode (honestly can't remember his name, it's the fat scientist) clothes
      Spoiler:
      he was wearing a shirt which had faint red stains on his right back and shoulders. The camera angles also profusely chose angles where this was prominently displayed. I kept thinking that this might be a hint for the plot and was wondering why nobody thought about asking where he got those stains from. I was pretty surprised that it turned out he had nothing to do with the murder/suicide and what actually happened. So is this like a deliberate red harring in the episode or did I just imagine the red stains?
      The fat guy is Franklin, and he got shot while wearing that shirt back in Air, Part 3. No "red harrings" or red herrings to be found.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

thanks for the answer, great to see such attention to detail in the continuity of the show
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Plus the blood was pretty faded as if the shirt had been washed in some manner. It certainly wasn't fresh enough to have been from Spencer.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Spoiler:
            IT's red herring, not harring

And, I guess you've never had to wash out set-in bloodstains. Guess they don't have Tide on board the Destiny

Comment

I am very pleased with the continuity on this show, this is just an excellent example of it. It's nice to see such attention to detail this early on in it's life. Just look at all the inconsistencies in the first few seasons of SG1.... The writers have improved very much.
              I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello.

Comment

We saw those stains in the other previous episodes as well. In Life for example when TJ does Franklin's psych evaluation.
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

thanks for the answer, great to see such attention to detail in the continuity of the show
                  That's what I thought. I recognized it as the blood from when he got shot, but I too was impressed with the continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfighter89 View Post
                    That's what I thought. I recognized it as the blood from when he got shot, but I too was impressed with the continuity.
                    I have been impressed with the overall continuity of the show and not only this small detail.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                      I have been impressed with the overall continuity of the show and not only this small detail.
                      I'll have to review the episode but on my first watching, in one of the shots, I think it's possible to see the exact bullet point-of-entry on Dr. Franklin's shirt. Indeed it's very good attention to detail.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah, there is. it's singed, and hes wearing a shirt underneath that accepts the hole better than his skin would.
                        Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                        sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

I've actually been impressed with the wardrobe as well. I was hoping they wouldn't go "gilligan's island" and everyone have changes of clothes since they were emergency e-vacing Icarus base.

Comment

Originally posted by strods View Post
                            I've actually been impressed with the wardrobe as well. I was hoping they wouldn't go "gilligan's island" and everyone have changes of clothes since they were emergency e-vacing Icarus base.
                            now there are at least 2 changes of clothing available on board ( spencer's and the other dead guy), not to mention the fact that Rush was wearing camo on the planet, so whatever he left behind.

Comment

Working...
                            X