Young's actions and his decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's actions and his decisions

Originally Young's character was kind of a reluctant hero that was forced into one more mission, sacrificing time with his wife to lead the rag tag group into the far reaches of the Universe. So pretty much we all love this guy or at least like/respect him pretty early on.

Later we learn that he had an affar with Johanson, has a temper, has been unwilling to follow orders from O'Neil and now to top it off Rush undermines his authority so he attempts murder???

I'm calling this attempted murder because he is alive for now, but we all know that leaving someone on a planet you'll never see again is a death sentence and that was his intention then he lied to cover it up.
    sigpic

Young is as bad as Rush, IMO.

Comment

i think Young is like Rush in a way as well. Just look how he misused the stones for his own agenda to beat up Telford.

Comment

young is coping with the situation as best he can. he's a reluctant leader and responsible for the lives (literally) of 81 people i think now.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Attempted murder = unacceptable.

He just going to start leaving people behind every time they tick im off? Ironic that Rush framed him for murder so he actually tried to murder Rush in return.

Anyone who cheats on there wife is a selfish liar already! This just proves he is the worse kind!
          sigpic

Comment

I totally disagree with this assessment, Rush has shown himself to be nothing more than a dangerous sociopath that would kill everyone if it serves his needs without blinking. Young knows this and that made Rush more of a liability than an aid in the situation they are in. Young is interested in the survival of the group he is commanding and their safe return to either earth or at least some planet they can settle in. Rush is only interested in his own ego and aggrandizement and just see everyone else as expendable means to an end with no more worth than disposable diapers for a toddler.
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

He just going to start leaving people behind every time they tick im off? Ironic that Rush framed him for murder so he actually tried to murder Rush in return.

Anyone who cheats on there wife is a selfish liar already! This just proves he is the worse kind!
              Being with someone you care about instead of resigning yourself to a loveless marriage is only bad because our society says it is.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

its not selfish if you let your wife joine it right?

Comment

Why lie and hide the evidence then? He lost his temper.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                    I totally disagree with this assessment, Rush has shown himself to be nothing more than a dangerous sociopath that would kill everyone if it serves his needs without blinking. Young knows this and that made Rush more of a liability than an aid in the situation they are in. Young is interested in the survival of the group he is commanding and their safe return to either earth or at least some planet they can settle in. Rush is only interested in his own ego and aggrandizement and just see everyone else as expendable means to an end with no more worth than disposable diapers for a toddler.
                    Agreed. What Young did was extreme, no doubt, but it was necessary. Those who judge what happened from the comfort of their couch are in no position to make an accurate assessment about Young's actions. The same rules that apply to society back home don't apply out in the wilds of space.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Yeah, Young is unravelling.

AND I'M LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Comment

Why lie and hide the evidence then? He lost his temper.
                        Because Rush was POS who got what he had coming, Hell he knew 1 of his people would feel the strain and sit in the chair, because like Young said, Rush didnt have the guts to sit in it himself.

On a lighter side, i think we will see Rush again(ala Michael), i think he will find a miracle and get that ship going, something just tells me it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Yeah, Young is unravelling.

AND I'M LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
                          Me too! But will he put himself back together?!

Comment

I do love characters that redeem themselves.

Young will maybe change, although I always saw Rush as the character who would really be redeemed. After his wifes death I assume he become more bitter and stopped caring about others, I figured eventually he would start to care...even if only for Eli or something. I hope he comes back!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              Young is as bad as Rush, IMO.
                              no, he's worse cause at least Rush is sexy, Young is not
                              General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X