Revenge of the Hammond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenge of the Hammond

New Machinama time! Have fun reading the story and watching the video at the bottom!

6 Weeks after the destruction of the Icarus reseach facility, the IOA and SGC agree that the Lucian Alliance is behind the nefarious surprise attack.

The USS Geroge Hammond has licked its wounds and readied her guns, Colonel Carter is itching for some serious payback now that her ship has APBW.

Colonel Caldwell of the Daedalus is equally angry, and when teh orders come in to coordinate with the Hammond it's an easy order to follow.

General Jack O'Neill himself comes out of his chair at the pentagon to lead the attack on the Lucian Alliance aboard Odyssey, it's secret mission now over.

(On the Trip through hyperspace to a Lucian Alliance held planet)

Sam stands on teh bridge of the USS Hammond, a call comes in from Odyssey. She taps her communications panel and the screen below her right hand comes up with General O'Neill's face. "Sir."

Jack raises an eyebrow as he looks at Carter in her flight suit. "Don't they give you guys better uniforms if you're in command?"

Sam smiles and shakes her head. "No sir, wish i still had my leather jacket from Atlantis."

Smiling back but not too happily, Jack replies. "Well, soon enough you might have wished you'd stayed there."

Taking a deep breath, Sam shrugged. "I miss it, but it's an honor to command the Hammond, sir. Couldn't have picked a better ship myself."

Now with an awed expression, Jack nodded once. "He'd be proud of you."

In front of Sam, Major Kevin Marks called out. "Ma'am, we're approaching the planet."

Sam looked to the screen and nodded once. "Good hunting, sir."

Jack nodded once back in agreement. "Let's kick ass."

The screen shut off, and a few moments passed before the blueish haze of hyperspace dissolved into a pink tinged black of space, An ice blue planet loomed in front, along with several ha'taks and Al'kesh towing Kassa Trains. The Tok'Ra had suggested this target in order to hit the Lucian Alliance where it hurt, their wallets. "Major Marks, launch all 302s,"

As the orders were followed, Jack's voice came over the shipwide intercom. "Alright Kiddies, stay close and concentrate fire. Those upgrades shields might take a few more hits, but we're on even ground this time."

Sam couldn't help but smile. Alot of lives were lost, both killed and simply missing halfway across the universe because of the Lucian Alliance. She was feeling quite vindictive and glad that this time, she wasn't undergunned and outnumbered three to one. "Major, heat up the beams and load all missile launchers. Railguns to point defense. i want to have everything combat ready."

Marks nodded and follwoed orders succinctly. "Aye Ma'am, incoming Gliders, Al'Kesh, and Tel'taks, Looks like a CAP ma'am."

Sam watched as Odyssey pulled ahead and covered the other two 304s. With a ZPM, Jack was obviously going to use it as a bullet soak of sorts to give the others a better angle of attack. Sam sat down, and took a depp breath before giving the order. "As soon as they're in range, hit them with everything we've got."
    (And now the special treat, you get to see the battle with your own eyes!)

Revenge of the Hammond

Took me a few hours, but i think i came up with something more than a little decent

at the time of posting this, the video hasn't finished processing, but i uploaded at 1440x1*** something, forget but it's widescreen and 1080p this 5 minute vid was a big ol' 300 megs So i think it's worth it to check out on HD

Apparently the audio i choose (Juno Reactor - Conquistador Part 1+2) is recognized by WMG. So it might not work in some countries... or something First time i've seen this
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Wow, that was really good, both the writing and the "video" or whatever the technical name is for that. If you don't mind, I've just got a couple constructive criticisms:

-The video seemed to drag a bit towards the end. Though I appreciate length (c'mon, who doesn't like a good long space battle?), there wasn't any sort of suspense towards the end. We see 3 304'a versus 1 ha'tak. I agree that they would've lasted a little longer than ha'taks without upgraded shields, but that was really long.

-Now a compliment- you used the sort of shaky zoom-in sort of camera technique during the battle was fantastic. Pretty much all the angles were great.

-Would it be possible to use more explosion (red/orange/yellow color; yes I'm a geek! :snort: ) when destroying the Ha'taks? Basically what I'm thinking of when I say this is Prometheus's last scene in Ethon. A few explosions, then it starts falling apart- then the big bang. I'm not sure if that's just my preference or not though.

-Loved the line in the script about Hammond being proud. That REALLY captured a lot in just one line.

Overall, great job!

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Wow, that was really good, both the writing and the "video" or whatever the technical name is for that. If you don't mind, I've just got a couple constructive criticisms:

-The video seemed to drag a bit towards the end. Though I appreciate length (c'mon, who doesn't like a good long space battle?), there wasn't any sort of suspense towards the end. We see 3 304'a versus 1 ha'tak. I agree that they would've lasted a little longer than ha'taks without upgraded shields, but that was really long.
      I agree about it dragging near the end, but given the medium i'm using "Machinama" it's friggin antagonizing to get good shots of capital ships fighting (especially multiple ships). The "Cinematic" view the game uses is much more intense with the smaller ships than it is the larger. That's why the Tel'Tak scene is so awesome compared to the final scenes. there's alot more movement and dynamism to it

Just to be clear, Machinama is the art of using a game to film a video or scene. Red vs Blue is one of the biggest examples out there. I used the Stargate mod of "Star Wars: Empire At War" to make this vid. The game is pretty sweet, and the cinematic view can be awesome, but it's a pain to film sometimes because you can't choose what angles the cinematic view picks. I had to play for an hour and film 20 minutes worth of combat to get that 4:40 seconds worth of action

-Now a compliment- you used the sort of shaky zoom-in sort of camera technique during the battle was fantastic. Pretty much all the angles were great.
      thankfully the game takes care of that, but i took extra care in choosing scenes that really stood out. the game doesn't often use those angles (i can't tell you how many times i want it to zoom in and spin around something that's about to blow up only to have it zoom in on a fighter 9000 miles away ) but when it does, it's SWEET. .

-Would it be possible to use more explosion (red/orange/yellow color; yes I'm a geek! :snort: ) when destroying the Ha'taks? Basically what I'm thinking of when I say this is Prometheus's last scene in Ethon. A few explosions, then it starts falling apart- then the big bang. I'm not sure if that's just my preference or not though.
      Theoretically possible if i mod the game a bit, but that'd be a mission and a half for me. Alas, i'm not quite up to THAT task So we're left with blue explosions alas... i do agree that it would look much more awesome the way you describe it but we do what we can with what we have.

-Loved the line in the script about Hammond being proud. That REALLY captured a lot in just one line.
      I thought so too. Glad you liked it
      Overall, great job!
      Thank you!
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

best one yet sam! the vid was very dramatic and fast paced unlike your previous vids and that was to my liking! very nice! green for you!

Comment

Some really awesome shots in there Aragon.

Bit 'long' though, would of been nice to have some live action shots from the show to break up the battle a little. But i suppose if you edited in footage, somehow Marks would be on all three earth ships at the same time

Fav shot has to be 3 mins in when the camera follows the missiles take on the ha'tak.
          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
            Some really awesome shots in there Aragon.

Bit 'long' though, would of been nice to have some live action shots from the show to break up the battle a little. But i suppose if you edited in footage, somehow Marks would be on all three earth ships at the same time

Fav shot has to be 3 mins in when the camera follows the missiles take on the ha'tak.
            well you see, once they realized that Marks was the best helmsman/weapons officer they had, each 304 comes with it's own Marks created by using hte Asgard core to clone him

This is how Marks got from Daedalus in Pegasus to Hammond above Icarus

i'd love to intercut scenes from the show as well, but that'd take soooo long. i'm too lazy to cut scenes out of my dvds

Next video i make will the Lucian Alliance retaliating.. oohhhh! what COULD happen!?!

Comment

oh i know i know i know!
              Spoiler:
              or i have a slight idea but im not telling

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                well you see, once they realized that Marks was the best helmsman/weapons officer they had, each 304 comes with it's own Marks created by using hte Asgard core to clone him
                i didn't think of that ....

And whats going to happen when the Alliance retalites? Um...can i put money down on "some ships will explode"??
                [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

I love the video Aragon. Seriously TPTB should hire you to do Stargate space battles.

Dr. D
                  God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                  Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Sweet! Very impressive, liked the little scene-setting fic and loved the battle itself.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

It was good. Liked the battles and such... Nice vid
                      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        Sweet! Very impressive, liked the little scene-setting fic and loved the battle itself.
                        Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                        It was good. Liked the battles and such... Nice vid
                        Ahhh thank you you both I'd been planning out that whole vid for weeks in advance as Alx can attest to I may or may not do another one where the Lucian alliance Strikes Back!

Comment

nice vid! if I might suggest, take a look at youtube. there's plenty of sweet Stargate battles made with Star Trek Bridge Commander. There's even flying toilet seats.. or Ori, as they prefer to call themselves.
                          "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Yeah, there're maaaaaaaany vid's there.. But with ST bridge commander, it's almost every time ST ships in it...
                            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

not really.. there's Odyssey Vs Ori, Atlantis vs SuperHive, puddlejumpers etc..

oh, and then there's this:

if you insist, as soon as my gaming rig is ready, I could try taking some better shots and video clips..
                              Last edited by Galactic Hitchhiker; 19 December 2009, 04:45 PM.
                              "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Working...
                              X