why don't replicators eat stargates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why don't replicators eat stargates

i mean really some super advanced tech and they don't eat it. wtf. sure they can have ships and replicate in space, but really they eat most of a world and leave an incredibly piece of tech lying there as if it didn't exist.

any thoughts to this blunder.
    time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
    sigpic

Perhaps the material of the gate is something they can't use, therefore they determine it as 'non-edible'?

Comment

The stargate was made by the ancients who defeated the replicators so they might have installed a "replicator repellent" so they could not consume the stargate. Its just a guess but it sounds good.
      sigpic
      SG-1 is awesome.

Comment

It gives them indigestion.
        MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

They can't eat the Stargate if they have to use it to leave the planet. They'll eat the gate if they have enough ships to leave a planet.

Comment

Because it tastes like cheese

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

well first of all cheese is good!

secondly, the gate repellent could be why the MW gates are different from the PG gates?!

sigpic

Comment

they aren't going to destroy something they need, just like they aren't going to completely consume a ship.
                http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

It would be stupid gates are usefull

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

they could just assemble another one from their blocks, though

I have no idea.

Rule of PLOT.(run repliCarter run or the need for plot will get you

Comment

Originally posted by geoffrey View Post
                      The stargate was made by the ancients who defeated the replicators so they might have installed a "replicator repellent" so they could not consume the stargate. Its just a guess but it sounds good.
                      Only the Mily Way replicator replicates consuming other matter. We have no evidence that the Pegasus replicate in the same way. And the Ancients only invented and attacked the pegasus version.
                      The milky way human(microcell) version of the replicator where built the the macroblock replicators in the image of their creator whitch i believe where NOT ancients..
                      sigpic
                      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Replicators could be built by anyone with nanoscopic constructors and can link them up into a hive mind.

Seriously they are not unique.

That doesn't mean they aren't cool and basically super Von Neuman probes .

Who woudn't want one for Xmas,oh!...OMG I know what I want from Santa this year.

Comment

well when the replicators eat a gate won't they understand how to make worm holes to move faster. or b get a bunch of gate addresses and go to every planet consuming.
                          time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
                            i mean really some super advanced tech and they don't eat it. wtf. sure they can have ships and replicate in space, but really they eat most of a world and leave an incredibly piece of tech lying there as if it didn't exist.

any thoughts to this blunder.
                            Because it is not the will of TPTB. And because you need them to get places.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well, I figure it's because of one of four things:

A. The replicators NEED the stargates to travel.
                              B. We know that naquada magnifies the explosive effect of something. If a replicator were to be walking around and made of naquada, and there happened to be an explosion nearby somehow, the replicator would be good as a bomb in that circumstance.
                              C. We're told that refined naquada is VERY heavy. It may be an impedance to be made out of such a heavy material.
                              D. TPTB need the stargates. No stargates= No show. So if the replicators eat the stargates, then we no longer have a show.

Those are the most likely reasons IMO.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                              X