• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey Matters (210)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    GREY MATTERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210

Unauthorized brain surgery on a mental patient renders him completely cured, and sends the Fringe team on a hunt for an enemy who is attempting to reconstruct a long-buried secret about the other world.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2013, 09:18 AM.

So so ep, I've got a theory where this story is going:

Spoiler:
    Newton is William Bell from the other side, but I can't quiet work out the younger look, maybe he was born later over there or the cryogenic freezing has reversed the ageing process.

Comment

So-so? I thought this episode was amazing. This one really answered some important questions, while at the same time posing new ones. I can't wait to watch it again.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Now this episode was big and also confusing. Great!
        sigpic

Comment

So-So is translated as "frigging fantastic" for me
          I think Walter has kept those memories they were trying to exact, he seems to have had some memories returned about that elusive doctor, so I wonder if the rest have been retailed too, it'll be good to see if there are any subtle changes to his personality over the next few episodes that nobody notices at first.

Peter is in for a huge shock when the truth comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            So-So is translated as "frigging fantastic" for me
            I think Walter has kept those memories they were trying to exact, he seems to have had some memories returned about that elusive doctor, so I wonder if the rest have been retailed too, it'll be good to see if there are any subtle changes to his personality over the next few episodes that nobody notices at first.

Peter is in for a huge shock when the truth comes out.
            Once the show comes back from hiatus, I really hope he finds out soon.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As soon as they revealed that Walter had been visited by Dr. Paris I knew it was his brain inside those people. I do feel bad for him though, he can't get back what was lost. On the other hand he seemed kind of mean when he was hooked up, but I suppose that could be because he was being interrogated, but there was an arrogance about him that I'm not sure was from anger.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

^^ Peter said something about some of those parts of the brain controlling moral reasoning as well as memory, which would explain why when he was hooked back up he had an air of arrogance we'd not seen before.

I still think that he has somehow retained those memories, and is perhaps now playing the dumb Walter we know and love, and that at some point in the future, the old arrogant no morals Walter is going to slip back in place.

The timeline doesn't seem very clear, but he has now remembered who Dr Paris was, was that as a result of the memories being returned to him, did he simply remembering it during the MRI, or did the visual stimulation trigger the memories?

I wonder if he underwent the surgery before or after he took Peter?

How long is Fringe's hiatus?

Comment

Do we know that Walter remembered and that it wasn't simply a flashback for the audience's benefit?
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Do we know that Walter remembered and that it wasn't simply a flashback for the audience's benefit?
                    I really hope it was a memory surfacing.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Oh wow...
                      This has to be one of the best things on television right now. Just when I think I've got it all figured out, this show never fails to surprise me. The big arc in particular has me hooked.
                      The characterization -- and the acting particularly from Joshua Jackson and John Noble continue to impress.

I'm of the impression that Newton didn't quite get the info he wanted.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        From the look on his face, it indicated to me that he was remembering it.

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                        Perhaps he got the info, just not the "correct" info, Walter did seem a tad pissed off and from what we're lead to believe, in his former guise, was a immoral vindictive liar

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          Oh wow...
                          This has to be one of the best things on television right now. Just when I think I've got it all figured out, this show never fails to surprise me. The big arc in particular has me hooked.
                          The characterization -- and the acting particularly from Joshua Jackson and John Noble continue to impress.

Yeah...I kinda got that impression as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Yeah...I kinda got that impression as well.
                            And he will not be happy. This is going to be so good.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              And he will not be happy. This is going to be so good.
                              This is true. I kept on thinking in this episode that Peter was sure to find out the truth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X