• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snakehead (209)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    SNAKEHEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209

When a group of Chinese refugees are killed by enormous parasites inside them, the trail leads to a scientist who is smuggling the creatures into the country to harvest something from them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2013, 09:10 AM.

So, what did you guys think? Personally, I liked last night's episode. Especially the bits about Walter trying to regain some independence. I felt pretty bad for him when he became so lost and confused. His talk with Peter at the end nearly made me tear up a bit.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought it was a really good episode. I liked that Walter is trying to become independent, and really felt for him when he got so lost and confused.

The snake creatures were really freaky. A nice one off episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Personally, apart from Walter's growing independance, the best thing about tonight's episode was the preview for next week. Now that they've revealed an over-riding storyline that is seriously f-in awesome, these episode-of-the-week episodes start to get on my nerves.

I seriously loved the episode "Fracture (2x03)" where we thought it was an episode-of-the-week one until the last moments, when it was revealed that they'd been targeting information from the Observers. We need more like that, where there are subtle hints of the over-arching storyline (and character development does not count as that).

Of course, I may be wrong. I did watch season 1 twice. There may be these hints and we wont have a clue that they're there until a future revelation like they did with Season 1.

Comment

I felt sorry for Walter when he got lost. I really liked the episode except for the fact that I was eating Chinese at the time, it made me think about was really in my food.
          sigpic
          SG-1 is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by geoffrey View Post
            I felt sorry for Walter when he got lost. I really liked the episode except for the fact that I was eating Chinese at the time, it made me think about was really in my food.
            Trust me, that is something you should never do. It is better not to know my friend. For some things, ignorance really is bliss.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by geoffrey View Post
              LOL! Yep, really not what you'd want to be doing whilst watching this episode! I felt for Walter too, he's been getting agitated about getting his independence back for a while now, and the fact that he wasn't really up to it was so sad. I felt dejected and embarrassed along with him. The moment when he really looks afraid on realising he was lost was wonderfully played by John Noble.

The disturbing thing about this episode for me was the interesting twist on the exploitation of innocent vunerable people to satisfy greed theme. The despicable use of them by unscrupluous people to save the lives of those who could pay for such 'miracle' treatments was terrible to watch, especially as 'human garbage' was tossed aside as a byproduct.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                LOL! Yep, really not what you'd want to be doing whilst watching this episode! I felt for Walter too, he's been getting agitated about getting his independence back for a while now, and the fact that he wasn't really up to it was so sad. I felt dejected and embarrassed along with him. The moment when he really looks afraid on realising he was lost was wonderfully played by John Noble.

The disturbing thing about this episode for me was the interesting twist on the exploitation of innocent vunerable people to satisfy greed theme. The despicable use of them by unscrupluous people to save the lives of those who could pay for such 'miracle' treatments was terrible to watch, especially as 'human garbage' was tossed aside as a byproduct.
                It was indeed quite disturbing. That is partly why I cheered so much when that "doctor" was shot and killed at the end.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The description of this episode sounds a lot like a stargate episode to me

Comment

You know, the thing with Fringe is one minute you have this crazy horror of the week story but then woven into that is a lot of wonderful character stuff. The whole incubating creature story has been done before... sure... but the stuff where Walter is trying to be independent and then gets himself and everyone else into trouble allows the narrative to go to different emotional places. It's all very nicely done.

It's really lovely the kind of stuff they've given Astrid to do this season.

Peter, on the other hand, seems to have an unending repertoire of skills.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Like most in this thread, I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed seeing Walter wanting to spread his wings. It was sad when he got lost and couldn't remember Peter's number. It was also disturbing seeing the wealthy stepping upon those less fortunate. It was also disturbing seeing humans being used in such a horrid way. The sad reality is that's how some people are viewed...as disposable.
                      sigpic

Comment

Damn those nasty Goa'uld never die do they? oh wait this is Fringe

pretty good episode, i liked walter's self actualisation storyline not 2 much of Dunham in this episode tho and it was good to see a storyline not centered around Massive Dynamics for a change as much as i like Massive Dynamic storylines they need to mix it up every known again

Was that goa'uld Dr ( ) the one who tortured Sydney Bristow in the first season?
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                        X