Who Should Play God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Should Play God?

scifi wire had an srticle for there choices of who should play god....theres a few really interesting names but they did leave out Jeffrey Dean Morgan..who given the latest revelations about the brothers would make perfect sense to be gods vessel!so what do u guys think about it?
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/if-supe...-reveals-g.php

I agree. Dean Morgan would be perfect. Esspecially if Michael and Lucifer both end up in Dean and Sam. You'd get god talking to his sons, the angels and dear ol' dad chatting to dean and sam. It'd be quite a funny image I find.

Other than that...............anyone else reckon Avery Brooks would be an ideal guy to play god?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Um... is it a cop-out if I say 'no one'? I personally don't want to see God in the flesh. Too hard to live up to the hype (although...I never thought of JDM, that would be kind of cool to see). PLEASE not a female, though!!! That is just WAAAAAAAAAAAY to PC for me.

Comment

Morgan Freeman.
        i had to say it.

but i think RDA would make an immense god! Although yeah it might ruin it a bit if they bring in god, he'd have to be done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
          Um... is it a cop-out if I say 'no one'? I personally don't want to see God in the flesh. Too hard to live up to the hype (although...I never thought of JDM, that would be kind of cool to see). PLEASE not a female, though!!! That is just WAAAAAAAAAAAY to PC for me.
          ^^ ITA

If they do have someone, I'm hoping it'll be someone a bit OTT and creepy, just for the hell of it... sorry, ban pun, but you know what I mean! Maybe someone like Tim Curry? Or... oh I dunno. I'm more interested in who's playing Death atm

sigpic

Comment

In an ideal world, we'd have Jeffrey Dean Morgan play the part, although we seem to need a living person to be a vessel, and John is, well... dead. Although with all the power these angels and demons have, I suppose it would be more than possible to bring him back from the dead, only to use him as a vessel though, seems a bit.. pointless.

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
            Morgan Freeman.
            That would actually make the episode I think, seriously though, why not? I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't cast him aside from anyone else.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

i think Sean Connery could pull that role off rather nicely
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                Yes he would. Sadly, that is never going to happen. Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be great too though. Sadly though, that probably won't happen either.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Morgan Freeman.
                  But that'll never happen, but it'd be awesome.
                  sigpic
                  Awesome sig by Laura
                  "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
                  Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Alanis Morisette ^_^
                    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
                    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                      In an ideal world, we'd have Jeffrey Dean Morgan play the part, although we seem to need a living person to be a vessel, and John is, well... dead. Although with all the power these angels and demons have, I suppose it would be more than possible to bring him back from the dead, only to use him as a vessel though, seems a bit.. pointless.
                      I don't think God is coming to earth, so wouldn't need a vessel. Sam and Dean are most likely going to visit him in heaven. In that case God will appear to them in any guise he/she sees fit. Maybe appearing in a form that puts them at ease ...and if it can't be John Winchester maybe their mother?

That's assuming that God is going to be one of the nice guys! and that's not guaranteed by any means.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                        In an ideal world, we'd have Jeffrey Dean Morgan play the part, although we seem to need a living person to be a vessel, and John is, well... dead.
                        That's a very good point!

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
                        Morgan Freeman.
                        I wonder how big of an eyeroll he'd do if he was asked to play God again he must be pretty sick of it by now!

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
                        Alanis Morisette ^_^
                        Again, she might be bored doing that too!

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                        I don't think God is coming to earth, so wouldn't need a vessel.
                        That's something I didn't think about - he's not an angel, so why would he need one?

That's assuming that God is going to be one of the nice guys! and that's not guaranteed by any means.
                        That's well worth considering... angels aren't the fluffy things we expected, they're warriors after all, so God could turn out to be a right b*stard!! Like some cruel dictator General.... or maybe even like General Melchett from Blackadder... that would be hilarious!!

OK, in all seriousness... I think if we do get to see God on-screen, it really needs to be someone with a real presence about them... for some wacky reason I'm thinking someone like Christopher Lee who has that air of authority about him.... if that makes sense?

Another thought would be Michael C Hall, but that's just my sense of humour going OTT! Although, it would be great to see him and Mark on-screen together again ... in fact, I think that would be fantastic... arch enemies with a real bitter twist!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                          A good choice, he'd work, but there is more chance of Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing the part, and even that is unlikely.

I don't think God is coming to earth, so wouldn't need a vessel. Sam and Dean are most likely going to visit him in heaven. In that case God will appear to them in any guise he/she sees fit.
                          I do believe that Sam and Dean are scheduled for a visit to Heaven, though I wasn't aware that it was the season final. I thought it was before that, and we're suppose to meet God in the season final, so a bit of a contradiction there?

A valid (and worrying) point.
                          sigpic
                          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
                            Morgan Freeman.
                            if it did happen though...there would have to be a joke about him playing god when he gets introduced that would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                              ^^ ITA
                              If they do have someone, I'm hoping it'll be someone a bit OTT and creepy, just for the hell of it... sorry, ban pun, but you know what I mean! Maybe someone like Tim Curry? Or... oh I dunno. I'm more interested in who's playing Death atm
                              I would LOVE it to be Tim Curry! But not in Rocky Horror Picture Show guise, that would just freak everyone out!! He would be good but if Morgan Freeman was asked...
                              Who is rumoured to be Death then?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X