PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Play God?

kennythewraith
December 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
scifi wire had an srticle for there choices of who should play god....theres a few really interesting names but they did leave out Jeffrey Dean Morgan..who given the latest revelations about the brothers would make perfect sense to be gods vessel!so what do u guys think about it?
http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/if-supernatural-reveals-g.php

P-90_177
December 1st, 2009, 11:01 AM
I agree. Dean Morgan would be perfect. Esspecially if Michael and Lucifer both end up in Dean and Sam. You'd get god talking to his sons, the angels and dear ol' dad chatting to dean and sam. It'd be quite a funny image I find.

Other than that...............anyone else reckon Avery Brooks would be an ideal guy to play god?

Crichiel
December 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Um... is it a cop-out if I say 'no one'? I personally don't want to see God in the flesh. Too hard to live up to the hype (although...I never thought of JDM, that would be kind of cool to see). PLEASE not a female, though!!! That is just WAAAAAAAAAAAY to PC for me. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dodgified
December 1st, 2009, 12:34 PM
Morgan Freeman.
i had to say it.

but i think RDA would make an immense god! Although yeah it might ruin it a bit if they bring in god, he'd have to be done right.

queen_hathor
December 1st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Um... is it a cop-out if I say 'no one'? I personally don't want to see God in the flesh. Too hard to live up to the hype (although...I never thought of JDM, that would be kind of cool to see). PLEASE not a female, though!!! That is just WAAAAAAAAAAAY to PC for me. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
^^ ITA :lol:

If they do have someone, I'm hoping it'll be someone a bit OTT and creepy, just for the hell of it... sorry, ban pun, but you know what I mean! :p Maybe someone like Tim Curry? Or... oh I dunno. I'm more interested in who's playing Death atm :S

Aerilon
December 1st, 2009, 01:39 PM
In an ideal world, we'd have Jeffrey Dean Morgan play the part, although we seem to need a living person to be a vessel, and John is, well... dead. Although with all the power these angels and demons have, I suppose it would be more than possible to bring him back from the dead, only to use him as a vessel though, seems a bit.. pointless.

Morgan Freeman.:lol: That would actually make the episode I think, seriously though, why not? I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't cast him aside from anyone else.

pookey
December 1st, 2009, 01:46 PM
i think Sean Connery could pull that role off rather nicely:D

the fifth man
December 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM
i think Sean Connery could pull that role off rather nicely:D

Yes he would. Sadly, that is never going to happen.:( Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be great too though. Sadly though, that probably won't happen either.:(

Salamas
December 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Morgan Freeman.
But that'll never happen, but it'd be awesome.

Empress Vajnraa
December 2nd, 2009, 01:53 AM
Alanis Morisette ^_^

LizzieAnne
December 2nd, 2009, 04:32 AM
In an ideal world, we'd have Jeffrey Dean Morgan play the part, although we seem to need a living person to be a vessel, and John is, well... dead. Although with all the power these angels and demons have, I suppose it would be more than possible to bring him back from the dead, only to use him as a vessel though, seems a bit.. pointless.

I don't think God is coming to earth, so wouldn't need a vessel. Sam and Dean are most likely going to visit him in heaven. In that case God will appear to them in any guise he/she sees fit. Maybe appearing in a form that puts them at ease ...and if it can't be John Winchester maybe their mother?

That's assuming that God is going to be one of the nice guys! :P and that's not guaranteed by any means.

queen_hathor
December 2nd, 2009, 06:21 AM
In an ideal world, we'd have Jeffrey Dean Morgan play the part, although we seem to need a living person to be a vessel, and John is, well... dead.
That's a very good point! :p

Morgan Freeman.
I wonder how big of an eyeroll he'd do if he was asked to play God again he must be pretty sick of it by now! :lol:

Alanis Morisette ^_^
:lol: Again, she might be bored doing that too! :p

I don't think God is coming to earth, so wouldn't need a vessel.
That's something I didn't think about - he's not an angel, so why would he need one? :S

That's assuming that God is going to be one of the nice guys! :P and that's not guaranteed by any means.
That's well worth considering... angels aren't the fluffy things we expected, they're warriors after all, so God could turn out to be a right b*stard!! :eek: Like some cruel dictator General.... or maybe even like General Melchett from Blackadder... that would be hilarious!! :p

OK, in all seriousness... I think if we do get to see God on-screen, it really needs to be someone with a real presence about them... for some wacky reason I'm thinking someone like Christopher Lee who has that air of authority about him.... if that makes sense? :S

Another thought would be Michael C Hall, but that's just my sense of humour going OTT! :p Although, it would be great to see him and Mark on-screen together again ... in fact, I think that would be fantastic... arch enemies with a real bitter twist! :D

Aerilon
December 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM
i think Sean Connery could pull that role off rather nicely:DA good choice, he'd work, but there is more chance of Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing the part, and even that is unlikely.

I don't think God is coming to earth, so wouldn't need a vessel. Sam and Dean are most likely going to visit him in heaven. In that case God will appear to them in any guise he/she sees fit.I do believe that Sam and Dean are scheduled for a visit to Heaven, though I wasn't aware that it was the season final. I thought it was before that, and we're suppose to meet God in the season final, so a bit of a contradiction there?

That's assuming that God is going to be one of the nice guys! :P and that's not guaranteed by any means.A valid (and worrying) point.

kennythewraith
January 31st, 2010, 10:13 PM
Morgan Freeman.

if it did happen though...there would have to be a joke about him playing god when he gets introduced that would be awesome

Epideme
February 1st, 2010, 03:36 AM
^^ ITA :lol:
If they do have someone, I'm hoping it'll be someone a bit OTT and creepy, just for the hell of it... sorry, ban pun, but you know what I mean! :p Maybe someone like Tim Curry? Or... oh I dunno. I'm more interested in who's playing Death atm :S

I would LOVE it to be Tim Curry! But not in Rocky Horror Picture Show guise, that would just freak everyone out!! He would be good but if Morgan Freeman was asked...
Who is rumoured to be Death then?

Epideme
February 1st, 2010, 03:39 AM
That's well worth considering... angels aren't the fluffy things we expected, they're warriors after all, so God could turn out to be a right b*stard!! :eek: Like some cruel dictator General.... or maybe even like General Melchett from Blackadder... that would be hilarious!! :p

OK, in all seriousness... I think if we do get to see God on-screen, it really needs to be someone with a real presence about them... for some wacky reason I'm thinking someone like Christopher Lee who has that air of authority about him.... if that makes sense? :S
:D

Yes! Melchett would be a good choice but would Stephen Fry do it?!? Hope so!
Christopher Lee would be awesome, especially if you dress him a bit Star Wars style, in a big cape and black suit or something.

pookey
February 1st, 2010, 05:47 AM
Brian Blessed, he has the presence and the voice

LtColCarter
February 1st, 2010, 11:53 AM
Too bad George Burns isn't alive! ;)

pookey
February 1st, 2010, 11:56 AM
oh yea ...O God you Devil:lol: when he was in the courtroom swearing on the bible ..."so help me, me":D

BayGateScape
February 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM
Morgan Freeman for sure, I mean c'mon, everyone knows it.

LizzieAnne
February 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Jimmy Page. I'd love Sam and Dean to find a chilled out God strumming a guitar when they find him.

LtColCarter
February 2nd, 2010, 07:37 AM
oh yea ...O God you Devil:lol: when he was in the courtroom swearing on the bible ..."so help me, me":D

ROFL...Classic! :p Maybe they could make a CGI George Burns! ;)

Madwelshboy
February 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Supernatural's God is....

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/lady-gaga-hello-kitty-shoot-02-570x.jpg

Andron
February 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/lady-gaga-hello-kitty-shoot-02-570x.jpg

Please no, don't even suggest such a thing! ;)

flameling
February 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Jimmy Page. I'd love Sam and Dean to find a chilled out God strumming a guitar when they find him.

I would to, but maybe Eric Clapton would fit better, he already has the nickname.

LtColCarter
February 12th, 2010, 09:21 AM

ROFLMAO!!! too funny!

iolanda
February 15th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Alanis Morisette ^_^

I so totally second that!

myhelix
March 19th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Alan Rickman cloud play his voice! ;)

RodneyIsGodney
March 19th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I gotta go with Bruce Campbell on this one. He's the man;)

Other suggestions from the article readers comments that I like are... Mark Harmon, Anthony Stewart Head, Christopher Walken, Ian McShane(even thought I don't like him), Richard Dean Anderson, James Marsters, Julian Sands...

Also JDM. Would love to see him reunited with his boys once again.

Should I even suggest David Hewlett or would that be too cliche of me?

LtColCarter
March 20th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I gotta go with Bruce Campbell on this one. He's the man;)

Other suggestions from the article readers comments that I like are... Mark Harmon, Anthony Stewart Head, Christopher Walken, Ian McShane(even thought I don't like him), Richard Dean Anderson, James Marsters, Julian Sands...

Also JDM. Would love to see him reunited with his boys once again.

Should I even suggest David Hewlett or would that be too cliche of me?

RDA...I love it!

Aerilon
March 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM
In regards to God needing a 'vessel', I'll grant you the fact that it wouldn't matter how he appeared.

I will say though, if it is the case that God doesn't need a vessel, I'd be very much suprised if God appeared as John. I'd rather have a new actor play the part to be fair, one that we've never seen before; at least, one we've not seen on the show before.