Creations 'Salute to Supernatural' Chicago 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creations 'Salute to Supernatural' Chicago 2010

So, Supernatural is coming back to the Chicago area for a fourth year in a row it seems. Who's interested?

Fri., Sat. & Sun.
    October 8-10, 2010
    Westin O'Hare
    6100 River Road
    Rosemont, Il.

Confirmed guests thus far:

Jared Padalecki
    AJ Buckley
    Travis Wester

Creation Supernatural site

I purchased the Jared photo last week, so I guess I am committed now!

Comment

Lol...so I guess that means your going gold as no other tickets are available atm.

I'll probably be buying mine this weekend. Just gotta check to see if my gf is interested in hanging out and being geeky for a weekend. She's seriously doesn't get the scifi which is a bit worrisome at times. Good thing we have other things in common.

I'm holding out hope that Jensen Ackles will be appearing yet. I know in the past differing reasons have kept both Jensen and Jared from showing up at their cons though, so hopefully this won't be one of them. Would also love to see Jim Beaver, Misha Collins, Alona Tal, and Samantha Ferris as well, but one can only wait and see what Creation has up their sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Lol...so I guess that means your going gold as no other tickets are available atm.
        Nope. I'll be getting general admission. Where I am at right now, I can't justify the cost of a gold, or even preferred ticket. I just bought the photo op. It was kind of frustrating to have to commit 11 months in advance, and BEFORE we know about Jensen (since he is the #1 reason I would want to go). But a friend of mine warned me that the photo ops could sell out before the general admission tickets even went on sale. So, I had to do it backwards and get that first!

I suppose it was good, because it got me off the fence about going. Now I have to behave and start saving for it, especially if....sorry, WHEN Jensen is announced, because I will then HAVE to buy his photo op AND the photo op with the two them. That isn't optional!

Comment

I'll most likely be getting a preferred ticket. The gold includes the desert party and breakfast, but if it's anything like the Stargate con back in August, the price doesnt justify the activities. You barely have 5 min with the guests at your table and the food was sparing. My friend and I showed up a bit late for the desert party (and by late I mean just 5-10 min after the scheduled start time) and the food was picked over, the coffee/tea was gone and they actually only grudgingly ordered more of the drinks after a few others showed up after we did looking for the same. Definitely wasnt impressed.

I'm going to wait on my photo ops. Funny how you did yours backwards though. Guess that's a good way to commit to a con despite the costs of travel/hotel/ticket.

Comment

Oh, hey. There is a thread for this con!

I'll be going. And like Crichiel, I'm a little backwards and only have photo ops & autographs purchased. Can't afford anything more than Gen Admission for this after going gold for the Stargate con in August. I've had fun back there the last two years though, so it should be good times again.

Comment

Oh, hey. There is a thread for this con!

I'll be going. And like Crichiel, I'm a little backwards and only have photo ops & autographs purchased. Can't afford anything more than Gen Admission for this after going gold for the Stargate con in August. I've had fun back there the last two years though, so it should be good times again.

Comment

Matt Cohen (aka Young John Winchester) was just announced as a guest! \o/ Yay!!

So this makes the guest list:
                Jared
                Misha
                Travis Webster
                AJ Buckley
                Richard Speight, Jr
                Matt Cohen

Who else do you want to see? I'm kind of hoping for Mark Sheppard. He's pretty awesome.

Comment

What day is Matt Cohen going to be there? I only have a ticket for Sunday, but am coming in Saturday afternoon. You going all 3 days, Switch? I was hoping maybe you and Nikki6969 were free to meet for dinner Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                    What day is Matt Cohen going to be there? I only have a ticket for Sunday, but am coming in Saturday afternoon. You going all 3 days, Switch? I was hoping maybe you and Nikki6969 were free to meet for dinner Saturday night.
                    It says he will be there Friday and Saturday. I have Gen Admin for all three days, so I will definitely be free Saturday night for dinner or whatever!

Comment

A
                      Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                      It says he will be there Friday and Saturday. I have Gen Admin for all three days, so I will definitely be free Saturday night for dinner or whatever!
                      Woo-hoo! I can't wait!! This year it was finally cheaper to fly than drive, so I don't have to rush off Sunday evening. I fly back home Monday morning. So I won't be there long, but I can relax and have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                        A

Woo-hoo! I can't wait!! This year it was finally cheaper to fly than drive, so I don't have to rush off Sunday evening. I fly back home Monday morning. So I won't be there long, but I can relax and have fun!!
                        YAY!!! I can't wait to hang out with you again!! ((HUGS))

Comment

Is Creation stalking this thread? From Mark Sheppard's Twitter:

Looks like I'm doing the Creation Chicago con..
                          WOOHOO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                            Is Creation stalking this thread? From Mark Sheppard's Twitter:

WOOHOO!!!
                            If Creation were listening to us (me) they would never do a convention that didn't have Jared AND Jensen! *pouty face* That's the whole reason I'm TRYING to keep my costs down for this con, because I know I'm going to have to save for another where Jensen is a guest! Grrr

Awesome about Mark! I've always loved his characters (probably because he's played a very similar character most times I've seen him: SPN, Firefly, Chuck). What day is HE coming?

Comment

Ok, this is suddenly sneaking up out of nowhere. I have stuff to finish before the con and it's only a month away? Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                              X