X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary For All: Operation North Pole

Check this out! Great idea!

Wouldn't it be great if you could wish Amanda Tapping a Merry Christmas and put a smile on her face by helping to raise money for her recently launched charity, Sanctuary for Kids? Well, this Christmas, you can! We've contacted Sanctuary for Kids to explain this project to them and they think it's a great idea and have given us the information we will need to make this happen.

So, how can you participate in "Sanctuary For All: Operation North Pole"? All you have to do is make or buy a Christmas card for Amanda and send it to us along with a donation to Sanctuary for Kids of at least $5 CAN and we will put together a package containing all the cards as well as the donation total and make sure it gets to Amanda.

More here:
    http://community.livejournal.com/san...48.html#cutid1

47 read, no replies

If ppl have an doubts about how real this is email S4K and ask. Dont send money, make an on-line donations Worst case you are sending a post card to some dude/dudette

I did not start this I just thought it was a cool idea.

Comment

Just posted a topic about this; didn't know someone had already posted one. Oops! But thank you so much for promoting

My friend and I are running this project and I'd just like to say that it is real and the cards will get to Amanda. We've emailed and heard back from the people at S4K to ask their permission and they gave us the go-ahead and provided the information we need.

- Kyla

Comment

Originally posted by red rose x View Post
        Just posted a topic about this; didn't know someone had already posted one. Oops! But thank you so much for promoting

My friend and I are running this project and I'd just like to say that it is real and the cards will get to Amanda. We've emailed and heard back from the people at S4K to ask their permission and they gave us the go-ahead and provided the information we need.

- Kyla
        I thought it was a good idea
        Having problems with Pay Pal thou. That service sucks!

Comment

I think it's a nice idea. and like you said, no one has to send you a dime, they can donate to the charity and just send you a card to forward
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Glad you guys like the idea And yeh unfortunately can be a pain sometimes, that's one of the reasons we included the ability to send a money order, so that internet issues wouldn't get in the way of raising money!

We definitely didn't want people sending us money as that's always a red flag for me personally on someone just trying to scam others, not actually raising money for a charity.

Comment

Originally posted by red rose x View Post
              Glad you guys like the idea And yeh unfortunately can be a pain sometimes, that's one of the reasons we included the ability to send a money order, so that internet issues wouldn't get in the way of raising money!

We definitely didn't want people sending us money as that's always a red flag for me personally on someone just trying to scam others, not actually raising money for a charity.
              Its not the internet, its Pay Pal themselfs.
              Most ppl these days when buying or paying stuff on the internet dont use real credite cards. We use those ghost credit cards the bank gives, rechargeble (sp) cards and stuff. (all legal ppl LOL) Its safer.
              So asking for the 3 digits at the back of the cards blows cos hey I dont have a card! I asked the bank cos I can have a fisical card but havent got an answer. I'm waiting till tomorrow cos today is a holiday here.
              If they arent sending fisical cards anymore I wont be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X