This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie??

My favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie is The lord of the rings,what's you favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie??

my favorite of all time? that's a hard question!

Probably star wars, because it's such a classic. it's also really the first sci-fi movie i remember watching when I was little.

Comment

The Matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        The Matrix.
        The Matrix is good, but it's hard to follow at times.

You really can't just jump right into it from any movie.

I would have said the Matrix too, but I think it's just a little bit to complicated of a plot line to be my favorite.

Comment

Not my favorite, but wondered if anyone has seen Pandorum yet? I think it was released in Germany and the US Sept 19th. Pretty good Sci-Fi flick. Hard to categorize, but it falls along the thriller/mutant/space travel cause the worlds over-populated/things go bad, genre!

I didn't want to start a new thread about it as I believe it was a limited release and I'm unsure how many theaters it will ever end up in. It stars Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster. Regardless, I predict that this one is going to become fairly popular when the word gets out. Pretty much had me sitting on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. It sets the hook pretty quickly and doesn't let up!

Anyway, wanted to mention it and this seemed like a good place to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

I would have said the Matrix too, but I think it's just a little bit to complicated of a plot line to be my favorite.
            I can't tell if you're being serious or not here.

I really hope you're kidding, AW
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

Well I thought the first one was very simple. Its the second and third ones that get a little complicated.

Comment

It's hard to narrow it down to just one, so I'll give you my top 5 not necessarly in any order:

Forbidon Planet (a 50's classic)
                Space Odyessy 2001
                Preditor
                Treminator 2
                Aliens

Comment

It would probably be Battle For Terra for me.

Runner-ups:

Flight of the Navigator
                  Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
                  Star Trek: Insurrection
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I can't tell if you're being serious or not here.

I really hope you're kidding, AW
                    Well, I was little when I first watched the movie, and it was a long time ago... but the overall plot in the 2nd/3rd movie seemed just a little bit hard to follow.

The 3rd was probably the most strange. Had a bunch of littler plots going on all over the place.

Comment

Alright....if we're talking sequels I can definitely agree. It took a couple close watches of the Architect to completely follow what he was saying
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Can't pick , so here's a list.....

WILLOW!!! *hums* dede da daa, dede da daa, de dada de dada de daduda........
                        Sword of Shannara(oh, wait, that's not a movie yet......)
                        LotR
                        Aliens
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

My absolute favorite of all time is Blade Runner, I've seen that movie about 100 times now and I'm still loving it. I really love the cyberpunk aspect of it, tv show Total Recall 2070 got close to the same feel, loved that show.

Other favorites worth mentioning include:

Star Wars movies
                          Terminator franchise
                          Aliens (the second alien movie, other ones were below average)
                          Mad Max movies (I really like the post apocalyptic type of movies like mad max, waterworld etc. Fallout games were my favorite games as a teenager and they had the same mood/atmosphere as the mad max movies).
                          Dark City
                          Pitch Black/Riddick movies
                          Starship Troopers
                          The Fifth Element

If i had to pick a more recent movie it would be Moon or Pandorum, 2 very excellent movies that took me completely by surprise this year

EDIT: Forgot The Fifth Element
                          Last edited by AngeFIN; 27 November 2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                            Can't pick , so here's a list.....

WILLOW!!! *hums* dede da daa, dede da daa, de dada de dada de daduda........
                            Sword of Shannara(oh, wait, that's not a movie yet......)
                            LotR
                            Aliens
                            Add Starship troopers to this list!
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Mine would be The Fifth Element and Bicentennial Man. Avatar will soon be my new favourite. Yeah it hasn't even been released yet, but knowing James Cameron, this is going to be epic!

Behind The Scenes
                              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X