Comparaison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparaison

I wanted to share with you guys some thoughts, and just out of curiosit I want to know if others feel as I do about this show:

First of all I've been a little reluctant at first with the Stargate Universe series, but I decided to give it a chance, - don't criticise if you don't know what you're talking about -

So now where almost half way threw the first season, and for my part i like what cooper and wright have done with the show until now :

there's a lot of caractere developping going on ( feels nice to see how people cope up in different situtations)

the caractere developping is mixed with politic intrigues- kind of makes you agree/disagree with the way decisions are taken

people don't always take the best decisions - and that's superbly portraied in this show i think

the angles from which the action is shot are excelent tends to thow out the window the classical stargate shooting style

romance is for my part i think a good thing for the show - not to much shown but you still get enough to have an ideea about what they feel (chloe/scott/eli, young/his wife/telford etc)

On the other hand i agree with those who say that theres not that much "guns and blazing" but give it some time people who knows.

SO a couple of days ago I decided to (re)watch a couple of the older atlantis and sg-1 episodes and frankly, here's my impression. I've been a stargate fan all my life and i love both shows but while sg-1 seasons 1-7 remain classy (not talking about the others who tend to be a a shadow of the real sg-1) for atlantis i think the show was kind of pathethic in a certain degree...

I mean you have mckay who always fgures thing in time shepard who is always willing to get himself kild, ronnon who is the "best" kills 20 guys and nobody can touch him... and the main ideea is we always win, go through the gate shoot someting figure the problem come home and ob done) i tend to find this kind of childish as oposed to universe where you have something much closer to reality...

I mean people tend to say atlantis was better than universe, sg-1 maybe but whats better in atlantis, name 5 reason!

What do you guys think ?

I think that deciphering the post itself will take five supercomputers...

And uh... we have a thread for opinions to be shared about the overall feel of SGU: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69280
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
    X