Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the more avid reader, Park or Scott?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the more avid reader, Park or Scott?

Scott seems to have settled down for a long haul, with something like "War & Peace", while Park is deep into short, pulp novels. Still, Scott seems to have quite a bit of literary experience behind him. And one has to wonder how long it is before Park goes through Destiny's entire library...

Right now, the difference between the two is that Park seems to be going for the detached, booty call, angle, while Scott's trying to form an actual relationship with Chloe... Besides, Scott only slept with one other Icarus Base-woman (That we know of) before arriving on the Destiny, and that was probably more booty call.

But hey - I wouldn't be surprised if every character will get the chance to read a book or two. Park's sex life may never come up again unless she gets into an actual relationship-relationship, so... *shrugs*

Oh, but onto the actual topic: They're equal about now for the Destiny/Icarus Base crew. Scott: 2, Park: 2.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I don't think we've seen the last of Park's reading. Right now she is reading with Greer, who is a regular cast member (as opposed to nameless mustached marine #1).

I think she will probably find someone who understand that they are just reading for the fun of it and that there won't be any strong analysis of each chapter and where they think the story is going.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        Scott seems to have settled down for a long haul, with something like "War & Peace", while Park is deep into short, pulp novels. Still, Scott seems to have quite a bit of literary experience behind him. And one has to wonder how long it is before Park goes through Destiny's entire library...
        I thought you would have been happy to see a different genre? I think given what little we saw from Park their isn't enough to judge
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I thought you would have been happy to see a different genre? I think given what little we saw from Park their isn't enough to judge
          I would've been happy if Scott and Greer started a book club together, so that they could do in-depth literary analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            I would've been happy if Scott and Greer started a book club together, so that they could do in-depth literary analysis.
            They should both read the same book and get each other's opinions on the author's intentions and characterization.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

More like a novel.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                They should both read the same book and get each other's opinions on the author's intentions and characterization.
                Seeing as they both seem to prefer different genres that is unlikely. However they could start reading together and then go into in-depth reviews.
                sigpic

Comment

MMMMMM, I’d like to do some reviewing with Park or Chloe. What, why is everyone staring at me?

Comment

I got the vibe that unknown-mustache-guy had enough after the first chapter, hence Park checking out a new volume.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

If only I could be a book on a shelf while Greer is thumbing through pages.

Comment

Maybe everyone can stop with Chloe being a slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsuvees View Post
                          Never. The Chloe bashers hate is strong and strong hate only leads to more hate
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Marsuvees View Post
                            After this episode, Vala had the right comment in these situation. "Let's make babies!". Chloe may go the pregnancy route. To make matt happy.

But Chloe is looking for emotional solace. The S word appropriately suits park. She is a "bump and grind and leave them behind" kinda chick. sorry, but bed hopping doesn't make her look independent, just unstable.

Comment

or she's simply someone seeking comfort and contact and, yes, stress relief, where she can find it
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X